Freshmen Year

You Haven't Changed One Bit

*Beep. Beep* "Ugh...." Morning. God how I hate waking up for school. Three attempts of trying to turn off my alarm and I finally slammed the snooze button. Slowly, I got off my bed to make my way to the bathroom. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I made my way back to my room to get read for high school. It feels weird putting on a different uniform and having to go to a different school. After I finished looking decent, I went downstairs to grab a small breakfast. My mom and dad are already at work and the school is a good 10 minutes of just walking. After I finished drinking my glass of orange juice, I grabbed my bag and made my way to the school.

As I was making my way to the school, I saw a lot of kids walking to school as well. As I made my last turn on the street, I saw the school. I stood in front of the school and quickly realized something: THE SCHOOL IS HUGE! "ahh man! How the hell am I going to get around this place!?" I could easily just turn my heels and just drop out, but knowing my parents, they would slice me if I even contemplate on dropping out of school. "Are you alright?" I heard a voice behind me. I turn around and I saw an angel. He had black hair, plump lips, and was sort of chubby. I felt like I got hit with a brick because this man was just beautiful. "Hello?" Whoops! Forgot he was talking to me. "Oh. uhh, sorry! I'm a freshman here and I started getting nervous." He smiled. "It's ok. I'm a freshman too, but I got a chance over the summer to take a tour around the school. You want, I can help." Yes! I was sent a beautiful gaurdian angel! "Thank you!" Side by side, we both walked inside the school to look for our home room. "I'm Yoo Youngjae by the way. What's your name?" "I'm Kim Lina." I looked up at him and he just had this smile plastered on his face. We finally found the board with our home room. Both me and Youngjae looked for our names and surprisingly, we are in the same home room.

Silently, we walked to our home room where we can get our scheduale. The silence was kind of awkward, but at the same time it wasn't uncomfortable for the both of us, or for me that is. We made it inside the classroom and Youngjae dragged me to sit in front of the class with him. "Why the front? I like sitting in the back," I abruptly said. "I like sitting in the front because I actually like learning, unlike those idiots in the back," he said as he secretly looked at the group of boys that were sleeping. Wait, idiots? "I always sit in the back of the class. Are you calling me an idiot?" "No! I...uh...I mean...you seem like someone who..uhh....." Cute! "Youngjae, it's ok. You don't have to explain. But just to clarify, just because some of us sit in the back, don't mean we aren't the nerds in the class." It's true. I don't like sitting in the front but I always made sure to get good grades in whatever class I was in. Youngjae finally took a huge breath. Did I made him nervous?

The teacher came and gave us our scheduale. Youngjae and I looked at each other's scheduales and we had every class together. "Lucky for you, you won't be the lost kitty in the school," said Youngjae. "Yeah. Lucky me." Looking at second period, we had music class. I wasn't really a bad singer, but I hate singing in front of a crowd. The bell rang and Youngjae helped guide me to the music room. "Do you sing Lina?" "I'm an ok singer. What about you?"

We made it inside the class room and found a seat. "Wait and see," he told me with a wink. I started hearing my heart beating furiously. "What's wrong with me?" The teacher came in. "Good morning class. As some of you all may know, this school works hard in improving the musical interests in students. We perform every month, whether it is as a group or solo. On the first day of class, I assign students to chose a song of their choice and sing in front of the class, individually." Crap! "This exercise is to help improve stage fright. So! Get nervous now so that you won't get nervous on actual performances! I'll give you 15 minutes to look for a song. And...GO!" "Youngjae, I don't think I can do this." "Why? Are you scared?" "Very. I get bad anxiety. I start shaking and I can't control everything." I felt a hand ruffle my hair a little. "Don't worry. Chose a song you're comfortable with and give it your all." "I'll try. Do you already have a song in mind?" He gave me a smile. The anxiety that was overwhelming me before started to dissapear. "Yupp. Want me to help you?" He is like a guardian angel. "Please and thank you!"

We both grabbed our phones and searched through different songs, constantly rejected and putting songs on maybe list."Ok class! Times up!" While you were looking for a song, I made a list on who is going first. And the first to sing is....Yoo Youngjae." Youngjae got up swiftly and went to the front of the class. "He's a little chubby though, don't you think," some chick next to me ask. Is she really saying this!? Just when I was about to tell her off, I heard an angel's voice. I looked at Youngjae and he had this amazing voice. I didn't have the nerve to respond to the girl. I was just hypnotized by him. The class started clapping and it took me a few seconds to realize that he finished performing. "How was I," he asked when he sat back down. "Yoo Youngjae! I didn't know you could sing like that!" He shrugged. "I told you wait and see. Now you know." "Wonderful Mr. Yoo. Up next, Kim Lina." I froze. Why me!? Unconsciously, I walked to the front of the class and froze. I could alread feel my whole body shake and I couldn't even speak. I looked at Youngjae for some sort of encouragment. He gave me a huge smile and 2 thumbs up. I looked down and smiled. He really is a good guy. Deep breath in and a long breath out. I opened my mouth and started singing.

Youngjae's POV

I know she must be nervous. How I wish to just stand beside her and give her some sort of support. She looked at me. I saw deep into her eyes and she was nervous. I smiled and gave her two thumbs up. She looked down. Although her hair was covering her face, I can see that she was smiling. I smiled deep inside, knowing that I made this random girl that I just met an hour ago, smile. She took a deep breath and started singing. I was mesmerized. The girl that just told me she can't control herself when she has to perform alone, is singing like she has been doing it for years. "Wow, she's hot and can sing. What else can she do," I heard some people talk behind me. I started getting jealous. But why was I getting jealous? It's not like she was my girlfriend. She finished singing and everyone cheered for her. She bowed and gave everyone a smile while running back to her seat. "That was lovely Miss Kim" "Thank you, Teacher."

Your POV

Yes! Done! I gosh I must have sounded horrible. "Youngjae, tell me honestly; How terrible was my singing?" Youngjae looked at me with disbelief. "Lina, you sounded amazing. Don't think so little of yourself."

Class was over and it was time for lunch. Both Youngjae and I brought our own lunch. We both found out that neither of us could stand cafeteria food. While we were eating, I suddenly remembered that girl's comment. Why would she call him chubby? I mean, yeah I did sort of called him chubby, but I think his chubbiness is adorable on him. She sounded like it was bothering her. "Are you ok Lina," Youngjae spoke, breaking my train of thought. Now that my mind was on this topic, I sorta wanted to bring it up. "Umm Youngjae, while you were singing, some girl in our class was commenting about you being chubby...." "Oh. Well that isn't new to me." I looked at him in disbelief. "And that doesn't bother you at all?" He shook his head. "It's just baby fat. Doesn't bother me much really. These side comments about my weight isn't my concern." An awkard silence appeared. "Does my weight bother you?" I looked at him with big eyes. "I don't care about your weight." I paused and smiled. "To be honest, your chubbiness is adorable." Youngjae started laughing. "That's the first time I've ever heard that. Thank you."

The day went by and so had the school year. And in those moments we shared with one another, I have learned so much about Youngjae. He is so beautiful and perfect in every way that I can't stop thinking about him. I can not confess, but Yoo Youngjae, I have slowly started to fall in love with you.

A/N: OMG I AM SO SORRY!!!!! *bows repeatedly* I had tests after tests and I still have tests *grrrr* and to be terrible honest, I lost some ideas and inspriation for this story *grrrs X 2* but I promise I will go with what I had originally planned and complete this! 

Please comment and subscribe! And please be patient with me! Thank you!