Kai/OC-My Lady for this Dance

~Under this Rain: EXO Oneshots~

Song Ryejin(You)        Jongin(Kai)                 Baekhyun

    

  • Pairing-KaixYou (onesided)
  • OST-My Lady-EXO
  • Other Characters-Baekhyun
  • Genre-romance, slight angst

My Lady for this Dance

She's 15 minutes late...Kai thought as he pondered at his watch worriedly.Kai always came to the dance studio on Thursday nights for Ryejin, she always came to studio on late Thursday nights for extra practice and it was peaceful. Thursdays were her stress days, filled with classes, work and the only way to relieve that stress was through dance. Kai, being a great dancer himself joined her and she didn't mind. Kai stood, sweat forming on his back and forehead, waiting for Ryejin's arrival. She'd never be late for a dance session. Ryejin's life revolved around dance, she would never let an opportunity go, especially one which she could spend a peaceful night with her best friend. 

Did something bad happen to her on the way? Did she get hurt? Or maybe something came up...no, if there was she would have called or texted, then again this is Ryejin...or is it-

"No! Yah, Baek, I won't return home so late this time! I promise, but now I'm late and I don't get to spend much time dancing!"

"You mean spend much time with Kai!' Baekhyun said with a frown. Ryejin chuckled and pat his head, causing him to slightly smile.

"I spend the majority of my days and hours with you Baek, and I miss hanging with Jongin, we can't talk much as we used to since I transferred." 

"Aish, arasso..." he pouted like a puppy, which caused her to giggle and Kai's face scrunched up at the sight. "I'll pick you up okay? Text me when you're done! Don't you dare leave without me-"

"I wouldn't think of it Baek. Now shoo!" Ryejin pecked him on he cheek and he grinned. As Baekhyun closed the door, Ryejin rolled her eyes chuckling softly, and she walked to Kai. "I am so sorry Jongin. SO so so sorry, you know Baek, over-protective." She put her things down and stretched her arms.

"Its okay, it's just so...you guys are so...too...overly cute I can't bear watching you guys together!" Kai exclaimed causing Ryejin to laugh. "Really! Its too much! CUTENESS OVERLOAD! Its...disgusting!" He stuck his tongue out, and more laughs erupted from Ryejin. He smiled watching her laugh. 

She's so adorably weird.

"Sorry, next time, I'll avoid any greasy cheesy things around you with Baek. It's a challenge, considering he's Byun Baekhyun, king of greasy and cheesy cute pick up lines." she sighed. "Anyways, what song we using today? I was thinking somethig jazzy and fun! I'mm in nthe mood for jazzy hands!" She smiled at Kai, and her smile gleamed.

And Kai just stood there. Blinded by that gleaming beautiful smile that the angel named Ryejin wore. The lights didn't help, it was basically enhancing her beauty that was already so breathtaking.

"Jongin?"

Why must the light do this to human beings?

"Yah...Jongin."

Her smile...its...so...wow...

"This boy seriously....YAH KAI."

"W-WHAT!? NO I WAS NOT ZONING OUT MA'AM." Kai suddenly bursted out eyes panicking, but then, he heard a loud adorable laugh. He turned to see the source of melodic chaos, Ryejin.

"Dude, we're not in school!" Ryejin muffled her laughter by biting her lips. "So, jazz? Okay with you?"

Gosh she's biting her lips! U-Uh what do I do-ANSWER HER QUESTION OH YEAH RIGHT!

"U-Uh? oh yeah erm sure." Kai scratched the back of his head, earning a weird look from Ryejin.

"Dude you okay? You seem out of it today, its usually me and not you." she said connecting her mp3 to the radio and browsing through the songs.

'Yeah, I'm just...a weird guy..." he said.

"Yeap. Yes yes you are a very weird specimen Kim Jongin." Ryejin said. Kai couldn't help but feel slightly dis-heartened by her words, he knew it was a joke, but...it had hurt him more than it should have.

No. She's taken Jongin. By one of your friends at that. 

"Are you okay with...Love Like Oxygen by SHINee?" 

"Sure."

"Kya! Gomawo, I absoluetly love SHINee! Shall we go freestyle?"

"Yeah, okay."

Kai danced with every movement screaming hot and smooth. His movements were smooth and sleek yet sharp and jazzy. His hands were moving as thought they were separated from his body and his body was reacting the same with his legs. It was as though his body parts were isolated. Each movement sleek, sharp, and smooth, his movements weren't too dynamic nor were they too small. His legs were strong as rock yet smooth as glass, each movement he mad eit seem as though it were to break, but then he pieced it together with some othe rovement. He filled each note with a movement lasting that note, and when that note ended some other body part moved by itself, it was as though he was born to dance and amaze people by his dancing.

Move a few meters to his right and there was a beauty dancing just as amazing as he was, except her movemenst were different in comparison to his. Her's were more lasting, graceful, yet very sharp and fierce and yet again, jazzy. Her fingers completed any formation her arm made, her fingers would curve to complete any arm fifth position, but this is not ballet. Yet her fingers wer delicate as ever and her arms were as strong and fierce. Her movements weren't so isolated, her body movements were more graceful and were in sequence with each other. Her leg moved, her arm would move. Her body weight shifted, her movemennt changed and her eyeline, was longing. She just as Kai, was born to dance and astonish people.

As the song was coming to a close, as an intelligent fun and amazing Ms Rozmin had once said, 'You must start beautifully, and end beautifully', they did just that. They took a moment for a breather, then looked at each other and laughed. 

They were both sitting on the dance floor, Kai searching for any jazzy song he had for his turn of song choice, and Ryejin texting her dearly worried loving Baek.

"Ah! I got one, this one me and my friends EXO-K recorded!" Kai smiled, he then looked at her to see that she was still texting, and she wore a soft smile on her face.

"Gosh, what a guy he is. How much more guy-er can he get?...heh." Ryejin whispered to herself whilst chuckling softly.

Kai of course, felt slightly hurt with the fact that he was next to her, talking, yet she was to busy pre-occupied with her boyfriend, texting each other. But he had no right o feel as hurt as he was. Feeling hurt for not being answered is one thing, but then feeling so badly punctured in the heart is another. Especially when the jealousy bug was the one whom punctured that wound in his heart.

"Ah...Jinnah?" Kai said hoping she'd answer, heart feeling clenched from curiousity.

"A-ah? Oh! Jongin, s-sorry, I, nevermind, you were saying?" She said feeling ashamed of herself. She quickly texted a 'bye' to Baekhyun and allowed her attention to be taken fully by Kai. Kai released a breath he didn't know he was holding, with relief.

"This song...its called My Lady...and you know our small school band EXO-K? With Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, you know them of course, we made this song...so..." Kai said a little shy of allowing Ryejin to hear one of his band's songs.

"Oh Yeah! You guys never really allowed me to listen to any of your songs, nor meet any members other than Kyungsso! But sure!" Ryejin smiled, happy to finally be able to hear an EXO-K song. Kai chuckled at your sudden glemaing happiness.

"Well...can...um I request something...for this particular dance..." Kai said smiling nervously and blushing a little. Ryejin looked at him chuckling at his shyness.

"Sure."

"Um...can...we partner dance? It's...I just want to try it out and this song is called My Lady...and um I need a lady for this dance and um Song Ryejin..." Kai bit his lips nervously, it was like confessing to her without her knowing the true meaning behind this small play. "Song Ryejin, will you be my lady...?" Kai paused for a moment, his breath in his throat. 

"Yes, Kim Jongin. I will be your lady." Ryejin smiled, and Kai let out his shaky breath and his heart was rapidly beating against his ribcage, she basically accepted his confession, without knowing. He looked at her. "I will be your lady for this dance." 

 (This isn't the full audio of my lady, its teaser 1 and 4, the dance!)

And with that, Kai's heart clenched. It was for this dance, and only this dance would she be his lady, it would be only a matter of a few minutes she'd be his lady, after that...she be Baekhyun's again. And that would last longer than months. Before his expression became overly obvious, he put on a cute grin and stood up, holding out a hand to her. She gladly accepted his hand and stood up with him. She was facing foward, with Kai behind her, and Kai's hands were placed gently on her waist.

As soon as the song played, Kai guided her waist and she moved delicately and smoothly to the music, with Kai suddenly twirled her out from his grasp and she just dance along with the song, even though it was her first time hearing it. It was as though the song forced these movements on her, and she could just dance so gracefully and well synchronised with the song's melody, the song's rhythm and the song just guided her throughout the dance.

But of course, the real person guiding her throughout this song was none other than the gentlemen Kim Jongin, whom cared for her with all his heart. He put his heart out with this dance, being able to dance with Ryejin, not beside her like usual, but with her, usually it was this guy named Lay whi was her partner, but today ut was him. Just being able to hold her thin slim waist, to be able to lift her up in the air as she holds a perfect posture and perfect frame, his. Heart was thudding against his chest, and somewhere deep inside if him, he knew that certain strong feelings were being built up inside of him for Ryejin.

And he didn't want these feelings...

He didn't want to feel the heavy heartache of having feelings for her...

He didn't want to feel jealous of his good friend...

He didn't want this. He never asked for it, he never wanted it...

Yet, here he was, experiencing absolutely all of those things.

He felt the bursting feeling from his heart, he felt the heavy painful heartache, he felt jealous of his good friend, and he definitely wanted to just envelope her into his arms, keep her with him, keep her warmth with his, and claim her as his.

But none of that was possible, not with her deep love for Baekhyun. He accepted that fact, but that never meant he kept questioning why he had fallen for a girl who was way out of his league, and who was stunningly beautiful, and was taken by his good friend and bandmate.

Right before the song ended, Kai suddenly enveloped her into his embrace, without any conscience of doing so. And the song ended, and they were in each others arms, Kai's arms circled around her waist, her hands gently placed on his shoulders. Her face was only inches away from his, and what didn't help this situation was the fact that she was smiling that smile which melted his heart. 

And his heart was definitely melting at the lady in front of him. She was so close, yet so far out of his reach. This lady, this lady who was supposedly his for the dance, was so close but so far.

She slowly let go of him chuckling.

"Yah, Jongin, your blushing! Hehe." Ryejin giggled cutely, only hypnotising him even more. "We'll, that was an amazing song. I should come in for your practices! I want to hear you guys sing live, I mean hearing Baek sing live for me is more than enough because well..." She chuckled to herself, remembering the first time she heard him sing. And it was his confession for her. Kai looked at her, he could tell she really loved Baekhyun. She was in love with him, so madly in love with him. With that, his chest tightened and is eyes began to get wet, but he wasn't crying just yet. "You know how he is, his beautiful angelic voice...it's just pure...perfection that can't be competed with."she smiled at him.

But your beauty, your dance, your smile, your yourself is perfection. You outshine any and every person in the universe...Jongin thought as his heart squeezed tightly, yet he allowed a smile to crawl on his face.

"I know. But um...yeah, you can come I guess, I'll arrange something with our leader Suho." Kai smiled heartbreakingly, but Ryejin didn't catch it as she was yet again texting her beloved boyfriend.

"Thanks Jongin! You're a great friend." She swung her bag over her shoulder and smiled to him.

friend.

A knock was heard in the door. Both of them turned to see a curious adorable Byun Baekhyun smiling his eye smile which caught Ryejin's heart. Ryejin just chuckled to herself and smirked.

"You coming darling?" Baekhyun smiled. The words had cut through Kai. He called her darling. And it hurt Kai, a lot. It was as though Baekhyun had just spat mockery in his face, and purposely made Kai jealous by calling her darling. A name Kai couldn't call her.

"Yes Baek, i'm coming." Ryejin rolled her eyes but kept her smile. "So, Jongin?" She said looking at Kai. Kai snapped out of his trance and looked at Ryejin.

"U-uh...yeah?" Kai said his words soft.

"I'll see you in class next week yeah?"

"Uhm..y-yeah."

"Okay then, bye Jongin!" She waved at him smiling with her eyes closed before running off to Baekhyun and hugging his arm. As soon as she was out of the studio grounds, Kai let out a shaky breath.

"Bye..." he whispered.

And there he was, Kai, or his real name which only Ryejin was allowed to call him by, Jongin, standing in the middle of the studio, watching the couple laugh outside the studio, waiting for goodness knows what. Kai's eyes lingered on the two love puppies, laughing, joking and nuzzling each others noses. And they were so close, closer than Kai could ever get to Ryejin. Closer than how he and Ryejin were in the dance before, and before he knew it...

They kissed.

And immediately, Kai's heart was crushed. He fell onto his knees, this feeling, he was not meant to feel this. Not for her, not towards her, and why her? He wasn't supposed to feel this way, yet he was.

Soon, Kai felt his cheeks get wet. He was crying. Tears rolled down his cheeks, and his face was red, his chest was tight, and his heart was broken.

Despite all the agony he felt, he kept a bittersweet smile on his face.

As the couple left his sight, he fell onto the floor with a loud thud, still smiling ever so bittersweetly. 

She was your lady for this dance Jongin, not your lady for life.

With that, Kai had left, heartbroken and teary. He escaped the studio of which he shared his bitterswet dance with his lady for the dance, Song Ryejin.


TADAH!!! :D btw, ms rozmin is my dance teacher and she says that a lot (start beautifully and end beautifully) its just a tribute to her :D So yeah, I TYPED ALL OF THIS USING AN IPAD. I USED...7 DAYS TO WRITE THIS OUT BECAUSE ONE, MY SISTER WOULD NOT STOP BUGGING ME TO TYPE IT OUT, AND SECOND ITS HARD, AND THIRDLY, I HAVE BEEN DISTRACTED BY BYUN EFFING BAEKHYUN. HSI FINGERS DAMMIT. HAEV YOU SEEN THEM?! AND TEH NEW MV VER.?! OF COURSE YOU HAVE BUT DAMMIT GUYSSSSSS ITS SO...GAH HIS FINGERS, HIS ARMSSS *Q*

and WALLAH MY LOVELIES. PREPARE A DOCTOR.

  

THIS. THIS GORGEOUS LOVELY HADNSOME HOT PERFECTION IS ALL OVER MY TUMBLR, IM NOT COMPLAINING. OH NO, OF COURSE NOT. BUT...

GAH I DIED LIKE SO MANY TIMES. I'MJUST SO THANKFUL TO LAY OUR HEALING UNICORN <3

AND OMG BAEK IN  GLASSES.

DOCTOR. WHERE ARE YOU?! LAY? OK HE'S HERE-

  THANK YOU LAY. <3

Okay, I should stop fangirling (BUT I CAN'TT EPP) I hope you guys enjoyed thi oneshot <3 :D I enjoyed writing this one :)

Oh! AND one more thing-BOOMFEASTYOUREYESONBAEK'SMAGNIFICENTGLORIOUSPERFECTFRSUTRATINGFINGERS

SORRY GUYS. I HAD TO. I DONT WANT TO, BUT I HAD TO,  I MEAN LOOK AT THOSE-

DHAMNNNNN

BYE GUYS <3 MY HUSBAND BYUN BAEKHYUN AND I LOVES YOU <3  (hehehe)

--dear-baekhyun