Cali here I come...again? >

Repeat After Me~

After promising, Jimin and Suk, not to tell any of the managers that I let Leeteuk drive me back to my dorm, I headed out the exit. It was still raining and I waited for Leeteuk to pull up with the car, arms wrapped around myself to keep warm. I still couldn’t believe he cried. He must be under a lot of stress. It made me feel weird to think about how easily it was for him to apologize to me. I wasn’t sure if it was just another trick or not. A sleek black car turned the corner, and slowly pulled up to where I stood.

I heard the click of the doors unlocking and slipped inside. Leeteuk immediately took off. I quickly strapped myself in. The atmosphere was awkward.

Leeteuk concentrated very hard on driving in the rain. He cleared his throat. “Why are you afraid of thunder and lightening?” 

I wrung my hands together nervously. That was random. Why does he care? I had just decided to not answer.

The focused leader, nodded. “I get it. I was rude to you and I don’t deserve to be spoken too.”

Reluctantly, I shook my head. “What happened to all of you?” I asked.

He pulled up slowly to a red light, turning to face me. “I love my fans. Without them we wouldn’t be what we are today. But when people disrespect my members, my family-…” He shook his head. “It’s like they forget we’re only human.” He turned his attention back to the road when the light turned green.

“People can go overboard a bit.” I bit my lip. “So do you not trust any of your fans, now?”

“Well, I wouldn’t say that. It’s just when someone’s brought into our personal lives, rumors spread, destroying self esteems, relationships. It’s hard to trust anyone, fan or not.” Leeteuk glanced at me. “You were no exception, even if you’d never heard of us.”

“I understand.”

He turned into the back parking lot and put the car in park. “So I answered your question, now you answer mine.”

Are you serious? I started blankly at the anticipating leader. “I don’t know what you’re expecting. It’s just a bad experience. Do you really need details?” Where did this sudden backbone come from, Jade?

“It’s just that seeing you so terrified made me remember that you’re only human as well. I instantly felt sympathy and guilt for treating you without respect.” He looked sincere but restrained.

I swallowed a nervous lump in my throat. “If it’s ok with you, I’d rather not talk about it.”

Leeteuk unbuckled his seatbelt. “Of course.”

The rain pattered down on the car, as Leeteuk and I sat in the uneasy silence. I shifted in my seat reaching for the door handle.

“I’ll tell everyone to give you the benefit of the doubt. So it won’t be so hard on you. As a leader I should’ve known better then to act so childish.” Leeteuk opened his door and got out of the car.

I lifted my hand from the handle, conflicting emotions running through me. My door opened and Leeteuk held his jacket over his head. “I’ll walk you inside; you’ll catch a cold in that outfit.” 

I stepped out of the car, trying to fit myself under his jacket as he held it over my head. We both rushed over to the back doors. I looked to him as he lowered the jacket once we were inside.

He was soaking wet. “AH! You’re going to get sick!” I quickly took the jacket from his hands and wrapped it around his shoulders.

Leeteuk laughed. “Tomorrow we’ll start over.” He held out his hand.

I looked at it for a second, still a little overwhelmed by the day’s events. With gusto I took his hand and shook. “I’d like that!”

With a warm smile he exited the doors and ran back to the car. I watched him till he pulled out of the parking lot. Leader really was someone to be admired. I was relieved that he decided to give me a chance. Smiling to myself I proudly walked to my room.

 

--

 

The next two days were a blur. School kept me pretty busy. The lessons with the boys had gotten easier to get through. I didn’t feel as threatened as I did before. It was nice to finally have them treat me somewhat normal. They made small conversations with me, trying their best to not completely ignore my presence. It was already Saturday and I waited with Jimin and Suk at the Incheon airport, terminal seven, for our six am flight. I had told only my sister that I was going back to the States for the start of the tour. She seemed surprised and told me she would try to make it to LA for the concert. Jimin yawned, nudging Suk in the side in order to keep him awake. He stretched out his arms. I quietly sipped at my coffee, watching people as they passed by.

“Have the guys already left the apartment yet?” Jimin asked pulling off her shades.

Suk shook his head. “I don’t think so.”

There were fans piled, lined up, and crowded together to support Super Junior as they left the airport in order to kick off their promotional tour. They all sat or stood restlessly as they waited for them to arrive at the airport. They paid no attention as we passed by, making our way through the airport, they were only looking for the guys. Back home I always watched people’s fan cams that were uploaded onto youtube with the boys at the airport. I grinned, taking another sip of my coffee. Now I was going on tour with them. ^^

Jimin looked at her cell phone. “They’re downstairs; Manager Lee just sent me a text.”

No more then a few minutes after Jimin said that, you could hear the screams from the fans coming from all over the airport.  I reached down, taking my ipod out from my carry on.

“You’ll get used to it.” Suk commented as I cringed at the sound of the yelling.

Around the corner half of the boys came into view. Only six of them were going on the same flight as me. The rest were on another plane at the other side of the airport. Security guards had blocked off our section of the airport for only those people who had tickets for this area. I took my sun glasses from off my head and put them on.

Ryeowook plopped down in the seat next to me, yawning. “Good Morning, Jade-ah.”

I smiled. “Good Morning.”

Kibum, Donghae and Eunhyuk came trailing after Ryeowook looking extra tired. They took seats opposite of where we sat. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk made there way over to us as well. Leeteuk gave me a small smile as he walked by.

“Is this your first time going to the U.S.?” I asked Ryeowook, trying to make small talk.

He nodded. “Yes.”

“Where in California did you grow up?” Kibum asked from across the way.

I blinked. “Oh, San Diego.”

He nodded. “I’ve never been there.”

Ryeowook looked at his ticket. “What section are you in?”

I took my ticket from my bag. “hmm, A13.”

Donghae looked up from where he sat. Ryeowook nodded. “That’s next to Donghae-hyung.”

Suk looked to his watch. “We should be boarding soon.”

“Calling flight 142, you are now boarding.”  The woman who stood at the desk in the terminal announced over the intercom. We all gathered our belongings and lined up, heading inside to the plane.

I made my way to my seat and took the window. Donghae put his carry on in the overhead compartment and looked to me. I glanced from the window back to him.

“You want the window seat?” I asked, unbuckling myself and standing.

He shook his head. “No.”

I sat back down. He took his seat and yawned. He looked really tired.

Donghae shrugged back his shoulders and pulled out his iPod from his pocket, inserting the ear buds into his ears and scrolling through to find a song. I still had mine in hand and decided to do the same. Maybe I could catch some sleep seeing as I stayed up all night in anticipation.

The plane took off smoothly. I tried to get comfortable in my seat but it was hard to keep calm when Donghae was sitting next to me. After an hour of watching Donghae fighting his sleep, he finally shut his eyes and tilted back his head. I looked out the window and pressed the next button on my iPod. Suddenly there was heaviness on my shoulder. I turned my head a little shocked to see Donghae’s head resting on me.

AH!? WHAT DO I DO? Should I wake him?! He looked so peaceful though and he was really tired. He shivered. I looked up to the air vent. It was directing cold air right on him. I couldn’t reach it though without having to move him. As a flight attendant walked by I waved to get her attention.

“Excuse me!” I called.

She smiled, looking to Donghae then to me. “Yes?”

“Could you twist the vent, so it’s not hitting him?” I asked.

“Of course.” She turned off the air. “You two make a very cute couple.”

I blushed. “Oh, we’re n-..” But before she let me finish she had already left down the aisle.

“AISH!” Donghae shouted. 

I flinched.

Kibum, who was sitting behind us, had reached around the seat and yanked at Donghae’s hair. “Get up, hyung! You’re drooling all over Jade.”

Donghae looked up at me with drowsy eyes. He shot up, embarrassed. Was he blushing?

“Sorry.” He mumbled.

I laughed nervously. “It’s ok, really! You were really tired.”

He looked up at the air vent. “Did you turn that off?”

I rambled. “Well, the flight attendant did. I asked her too because you were shivering. Is that ok? I can turn it back on.” I reached my hand up to twist it back.

Donghae grabbed my hand and pulled it down. “No, thank you. I was freezing.” He smiled at me.

ASDFDGLKJ…“You’re welcome.”

He let go of my hand and pulled out his cell phone, fiddling with it anxiously. Donghae and I both shifted in our seats so that there was a big gap between us. I looked down to my clock again…there were still fourteen or so hours before we landed in LAX.

 

(A/N:GAH!>< i know this one took forever to upload!!!! Once i get settled in my dorm, i should be uploading new chapters regularly! Please comment and let me know what you're thinking so far! :D I appreciate it!)