Third Time's the Charm...

Repeat After Me~

There were more classes then yesterday and I had trouble paying attention in every class. My mind was so crowded with thoughts and during one lecture I kept absentmindedly writing SJ all over my notes. The good thing was I only had Kyuhyun in my music theory class on Monday’s and Thursdays, so I didn’t felt as pressured in my classes. I was now done for today and headed towards the bus stop to catch one back to my dorm since I had about a half an hour before I had to go to the boy’s lesson.

Of course though, with my luck, the last bus was leaving and I had to sprint towards it, in my haste I ran into someone. I stopped to apologize when I realized it was Kyuhyun, he hardly looked like himself. He was wearing a hat and shades, and baggy clothes. His hair was tucked in his hat.

“Kyu-…?”

He looked towards the buses. “Your bus just left.” He stated.

I my heel and groaned. “Oh crap.”

“Girls shouldn’t talk like that.” He sighed. “You’re lucky I don’t have anything scheduled today, or that anyone recognizes me.” Kyuhyun waved me to follow him.

I covered my mouth with my hand. “Where are going?” I mumbled.

“I’m giving you a ride back to your dorm. Try to be more punctual.” Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck.

“Thank you.” I muttered.

He shook his head. “I’m doing this so I won’t get yelled at by the Manager’s, for leaving you stranded here.” He opened the passenger door for me. “You seem like the type who’d get lost easily.” He closed the door and walked over to the driver’s side.

His car was really, really nice. It wasn’t the same as the one yesterday but it was still a really expensive car. I put my seatbelt on and wiped my sweaty palms on my pants. I just had to remember to breathe. He started the car and speedily raced out of the parking lot. I hugged my bag to my chest.

“I live at-…”

“Mountain View Terrace Apartments.” He finished. “I know. It was given to us on your profile information.”

I bit my lip. Why would he remember that? There was a long, long awkward silence between us. When Kyuhyun finally pulled up to the apartments, there were a few girls who were chatting in front of the entrance doors. Kyuhyun didn’t look at me. “Hurry and get out.”

I don’t know why, but I hesitated. He looked to me.

“Do you want me to get recognized?” His tone was harsh.

I shook my head like a reprimanded child. “Thanks again.” I got out of the car and as soon as the door was closed, Kyuhyun sped off.

The girls who were chatting were startled by the sudden squeal from the tires. They all looked at me with a bewildered expression. I rushed inside trying to hide my embarrassment from these strangers. I ran to my room, literally ran. It was honestly the only way to get out the adrenaline rush I was feeling. Once I got to my room I jumped up and down from the excitement. KYUHYUN GAVE ME A RIDE. IN HIS CAR. I honestly didn’t care how annoyed he must have been. It took me almost twenty minutes to calm myself down, when I realized I had to pull myself away from the fangirl who was slowly emerging. I groaned when I had rejoined reality and decided to Skype Minju and tell her the bad news.

 

--

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T LIKE SUPER JUNIOR ANYMORE?” Minju shouted, completely in shock.

I sighed, shrugging back my shoulders. “I don’t know, it’s just I feel like I’ve grown out of the whole k-pop thing.” I decided to tell her I was giving up on k-pop.

She slammed her hands on the keyboard, shaking the laptop. “Are you insane?! You’re in Korea! You should be spazzing every five seconds about how close you are to your idols!”

“I know but it sort of had the opposite effect.” I tried to make myself believe those words. I was trying to forget the Super Junior I had created from a fans point of view. She wouldn’t understand and I couldn’t tell her everything that was going on either.

Minju shook her head. “What bout Kyuhyun?! Have you given up on ever meeting him?” She asked seriously.

I bit my lip. “Well, I guess.” Little did she know.

“I don’t know how but I guess it’s whatever, right? Anyway I’ll let you go, it’s getting late over here.” Her voice quickly turned sour. She smiled weakly and waved goodbye.

I waved back and exited out of the video chat. It was hard to tell whether or not she was mad or just really shocked. I had to do this though. If I was ever going to earn to some respect from my idols I needed to treat them like normal human beings first; which meant I had to forget about ever being a fan. Honestly, it was about protecting them and not the job anymore.  

Ping, Ping. My email notification went off. I clicked open the window and saw one unread email from SME.

                                                                                                          

Ms. Jade Soria. We are informing you of the recent World Tour SME will be holding. Our reason for hiring you is to prepare Super Junior in their English skills in order to better communicate with their fans from the following English speaking countries:

  • Phillipines
  • Singapore
  • Los Angeles

As their official tutor you are to accompany them on these following tour dates. SME has already taken care of flight and hotel arrangements. You are expected to be ready as of Saturday the 11th, at around 6:00 am to be picked up. As for your studies, all of your teachers have been notified and will send you your school work via email. We’re happy to have you working for SME.

Sincerely, SME executive board.

“EH?!” Wait, what?! I was going on tour with them now? I slammed my laptop shut and threw myself back on my pillows, flailing my arms in frustration. How am I supposed to detach myself when I’m going to be with them almost 24/7 now?! It’s not that I wasn’t excited because believe me I almost wet myself with joy. But how was I supposed to just be there teacher and not their fan when on tour? My phone vibrated. I looked at the text. The van was downstairs. UGH!

 

--

“What the?” I murmured as I opened the door to the boy’s apartment.

There were objects scattered all over Super Junior’s apartment. Clothes, utensils, stuffed animals, a couple pairs of shoes. Did they get robbed?!

“YAH! WATCH OUT!”

I ducked as an incoming water bottle flew towards my head. WHAT THE?! I threw my arms up over my head, crouching down on the ground.

“You almost hit her in the head, idiot!” I heard Kibum yell.

“Well if you would have just stayed still and let me hit you with it, I wouldn’t have almost hit her! AND I’M NOT AN IDIOT!” Heechul came into view from the back of the hallway. He pulled at his hair and stopped right in front of my cowering figure, which was now squatting awkwardly. “Who are you anyway?” He asked.

I fell back onto my bottom, scrambling to stand. “My name’s Jade. I’m the new English Teacher.”

“Oh, right.” He waved his hand in dismissal. “You’re cute. But I don’t need an English tutor, my English is perfected.”

My cheeks flushed. “uh…”

“No you’re not getting out of the lesson today, Kim Heechul!” Siwon scolded, dragging Heechul by the collar as he tried to escape. “You have to participate like the rest of us.”

“Besides ‘yo’, ‘baby’ and ‘I love you’ are the only English you’ve perfected.” Kibum scoffed. 

Heechul threw up his hands in protest. “Ok, whatever. I’ll sit through this boring lesson.”

While Siwon went back to get Yesung, Shindong, and Sungmin, I turned over the table which had been flipped upside down and began to take out my papers. Heechul lay on his stomach next to me and played with a stuffed animal he’d picked up from the mess.

Like before, the lesson went smoothly but was very mechanical. Sungmin had managed to never look me once in the eyes, Shindong fell asleep halfway through, while Heechul criticized and complained about the many rules of English. Once the lesson was over Kibum got up and began to pick up the mess, while the others got ready to leave for another photo shoot.

“Do you want some help?” I asked kneeling down beside him.

“No, I think I can handle it.” He replied.

I started to gather some spoons that were scattered. “A little help never hurt! How did this happen anyway?”

“Heechul just has a bad temper.” Kibum glared at him as he happened to walk by. “And he should be helping me pick this up, not you.”

“What?! No one asked her too! And I have to go! Just pay her extra!” Heechul retorted, “Girl, are you a dorm maid? If not then quit picking up our stuff!” He glowered as he headed out the door. The others went after him, leaving me alone with Kibum.

“Aish…he’s such a brat.” Kibum commented.

I quickly started to pick up part of the mess. “He really is something else.” I giggled to myself, tiding up the living area and part of the hallway.

“Oh! You’re a quick cleaner!” Kibum remarked. “Ouch!”

I turned around to face him. “What is it?”

“I stepped on a tack.” He sighed exasperated. “Ah, it’s bleeding!”

“Oh, don’t move, I’ll get you a band aid!” I hurried to the bathroom and tore through the medicine cabinet. I went back to the living area and easily put the band aid on Kibum’s foot.

“Thanks.” He smiled. “You know, I’m surprised you’ve made it to the second day.”

“Why’s that?” I asked sitting down beside him fiddling with the band aid wrappers.

Kibum chuckled. “Well the second tutor was only here for a few hours before she left the house in tears. I guess third time’s the charm.”

“I’m sorry.”

He tilted his head. “For what?”

“For whatever those people did before me.” I looked up at him, being completely sincere. He seemed surprised. “I really will try my best to not cause any trouble.” I bowed my head.

There was an awkward pause before I heard Kibum clear his throat. I looked up and smiled nervously.

“Ah, I’ll just go throw these away then.” I stumbled over my words, getting up and going over to the kitchen to throw the wrappers away. I felt someone behind me and noticed Kibum had followed me. “Is something wrong?” I asked. He looked serious. He was standing so close. Did I say something wrong?

“It’s just that-…”

“Kibum! Manager wants you downstairs!” Shindong called form the kitchen doorway.

Kibum jumped back, away from the close proximity we were in, and turned around. “I’m coming.” He went to get his shoes and headed out of the apartment.

Shindong looked at me. “The van’s been waiting. Go out the west exit.” I hesitated. “Now.” He asserted.

Why am I always being rushed?! I brushed passed Shindong, scooping up my bag from the living area and made my way towards the opposite end of the building.

I wonder what Kibum was going to tell me? GAH!! I felt my ears heating up. When I reached the west exit, a woman and man both dressed in black suits stood in front of the exit, blocking the way out.

What's going on?!

"Jade? Come with us."

 

(Author's Note: I know it seems slow and repetitive right now but trust me it'll get more interesting...>< I PROMISE! lol comments greatly appreciated! Let me know what you think!)