Learning to Let Go

Repeat After Me~

(Author's Note: SORRY! i know it's been a few days but i just got my laptop back! D: Enjoy the next chapters and thank you all for your wonderful comments nd subs! :D)

 

 

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. OH.MY.GOSH. My nerves were completely shot. I just stared at him, oblivious to the fact that he was clearly annoyed that I was in his seat.

“Did you hear me?” He asked sternly.

I gathered my things and scooted over a few inches to the next seat. He sat down and began to quietly take out his supplies and put them on the top of the table, ignoring my existence. I didn’t realize I was still staring until I heard him speak again.

“I really hope you don’t plan on staring at me all class period.” He shot me a look.

“I’m sorry, but are you, Cho-…?”

“Yes.” He retorted.

My mouth was so dry. The words rolled out clumsily. “I’m Jade. I’m your new English tutor.”

He stopped fidgeting with his cell phone and looked at me with a raised brow. “I guess that explains why they allowed you in the classroom so early.” He turned his attention back to his phone.

There was some awkward silence as I turned back to my ipod. I shut it off and put it away. Kyuhyun was talking on his cell phone. It sounded like Manager Lee on the other end of the conversation. He looked to me again and then turned his back to me as he continued talking.

“Yes, I understand. She’s sitting right next to me.” Kyuhyun glanced at me from over his shoulder.

I tried not to look back at him. He hung up, turned around and started to put his things back in his bag.

“Are you leaving?” I asked.

He didn’t answer and continued to put his things away. He stood up. “I’m just changing seats.”

I blinked. “Oh, ok.”

Kyuhyun walked out of the aisle and up the stairs more towards the back of the class. I felt like my face was on fire and probably as red as a beet. He was even more perfect in person then he was in pictures. He wasn’t exactly rude to me like the others but I could tell he was definitely bothered by the fact that I was in his class. As time slowly crept closer to the start of class, the doors flew open and a rush of people came into the class, filling up the room. There were mostly girls in the class with an exception of a handful of guys. I wasn’t surprised. They were very good at not turning around and staring at Kyuhyun like I was tempted to do. But I saw that there were rules posted outside the classroom next to the security guards. No cameras or taking pictures, and no unruly behavior. This was school and they were serious about controlling the fangirls.

When class had ended I waited until everyone had left before leaving the classroom. Kyuhyun was the first to leave. I had subtly looked behind me as I gathered my belongings, catching a glance before he took off. As I headed out of the classroom I heard my name being called from behind me. I thought everyone had left but one of the side exits was open and Manager Kim stood with the door open gesturing me to follow him. 

When I got to him we walked towards the parking lot. “How was your first class? You only have one on Mondays?”

I nodded and shrugged. “It was alright.” His stride was hurried and I tried to keep up.

“When you’re finished with your classes the van will pick you up here!” He pointed to a deserted spot where the van was parked. I nodded. The door swung open unexpectedly and in one of the seats, Ryeowook sat smiling, getting out of the van.

“Ryewook! You need to stay in the van!” Manager Kim scolded. “This is why I told you to wait at the dorm!”

He smiled and grabbed a hold of my satchel, ignoring Manager Kim. “Hello. I’m Ryeowook. You probably knew that already though.”

How sweet!I thought as he placed my bag in the van, gesturing me to get inside. “It’s nice to meet you Ryeowook! I’m Jade.”

“I know.” He chuckled.

We all settled ourselves in the van. Manager Kim immediately got on his cell phone, speaking business with someone. Ryeowook stared out the window looking around as we started to drive off.

Ryeowook looked to me. “So you’re from America? I’m very impressed with your profile!” He held up a paper with all my information on it.

“Ah, thank you!” I said, trying not to blush.

“Oh! Kyuhyun-ah!” We both looked out the window as a sleek black sports car sped off out of the parking lot. “He’s always speeding.” Ryeowook shook his head.

My eyes followed the car until it turned down a corner and was lost from sight. I was really hoping he would show up to the lesson. I stared out the window for a while before Ryeowook began to speak to me again.

“Jade?”

“Yes?” I asked.

Ryeowook flipped his bangs out of his eyes. “Have you met everyone yet?”

I sighed. “Sort of. But it wasn’t one of the greatest first impressions.” I answered honestly.

He nodded. “I figured as much.” He cleared his throat nervously. “Well I hope I can help by making things easier. I promise to study hard!”

His words were sincere and very kind. “Thank you. I promise to be a good teacher!”

He smiled and nodded.

 

The car ride was enjoyable. Ryeowook informed me on who was already at the dorm for the lesson. He was more talkative then I thought he’d be. When I saw him on shows he was always so shy and quiet. I never expected him to be one of the friendliest. He made me feel very comfortable and tried his best to reassure me that today was a good day for everyone.

 We got up to the apartment. Manager Kim opened the door and quickly walked into the kitchen. I adjusted my bag nervously as I followed after Ryeowook inside. We walked into the living room, where there was a small coffee table set up in the middle of the room. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae were sitting playing some type of card game. Only Leeteuk looked up as we walked into view.

“Wookie! Sit down; we were just about to start a new game!”  He said patting the floor beside him. His eyes drifted to me but he didn’t say anything.

I awkwardly walked around them making my way over to the couch. I placed my bag on the floor and began to take out the folders which had my lesson plan in it. I could hear talking coming from down the hall and after a few minutes later, Yesung and Kangin had made their way into the living room. They sat down around the table as well, talking with the others.

“Jade!” Manager Kim called.

I quickly got up and rushed over to the kitchen. “Yes?”

“Five of the members are at a photo shoot, today. We’ll usually try to group them to make it easier for you. All thirteen of them together aren’t the easiest to handle.” He adjusted his collar apprehensively.

“That’s ok! I think today will be much better than yesterday.” I replied, smiling.

“Glad to see your optimistic!” He pulled out his cell. “I’m going to be running some errands and making some calls, but I trust they will be on their best today. Call me if they aren’t.”

“I will! I’ll get started right away!” 

He nodded and walked towards the door, leaving me with the boys all alone, once again. I turned around with my head hung, and didn’t see that there was someone in front of me, who I almost ran into.

“Ah! I’m sorry!” I quickly apologized.

Hangeng blinked. “It’s fine.” He murmured. “We’re waiting for you in the other room.” His voice was so soft and I had to really pay attention in order to hear what he was saying. 

“Ok! I’m ready to start!” I replied, following him into the room.

Eunhyuk was putting the cards away and the rest were looking around awkwardly or staring up at me for direction.

I sat down between Ryeowook and Leeteuk. My palms were sweaty and my throat had decided to close up all of a sudden. I cleared my throat and sighed.

“So I have-…”

The door to the apartment opened viciously and was closed with a slam. We all looked to see who had come in. Kyuhyun glanced at us for a split second before heading back to the bedrooms.

“You better be coming back out for the lesson!” Kangin yelled as we all heard another door slam.

I cleared my throat. “While we wait for him, you can look over this handout I have here!” I handed the stack to Leeteuk who took one and passed the rest around.

“These are some basic scenarios and phrases you will use the most. Um, does everyone here know the basic pronunciations to the alphabet?” I know my voice must have sounded shaky but I tried very hard to sound confident and professional.

Hangeng nodded. Ryeowook did as well. Donghae scrunched up his face, looking at the paper very confused.

Kangin rolled his eyes. “This isn’t our first English lesson. We’ve got the basics down.” 

 “Oh. Does any of this look familiar to you, then?” I asked them all.

Everyone nodded except Hangeng and Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun had finally come out of his room and joined the circle sitting next to Kangin across the table. He picked up one of the papers and stared at it with boredom. I took in a deep breath and began to start my lesson.

I had them read the phrases out loud and act out the scenarios. Kangin, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk were very enthusiastic and I was glad they were enjoying the lesson. Hangeng had a serious face, concentrating extremely hard. Ryeowook enjoyed watching me as I enunciated the phrases for them. Kyuhyun sat staring out the window, not paying attention to anything I was saying. The two hours went by faster than I had hoped. I was just glad that they hadn’t tried to intimidate me again.

You all did great!” I complimented in English.

I received apprehensive smiles but they were smiles nonetheless.

We are good job!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

I laughed. The boys got up and began to disperse throughout the house. I wasn’t sure if the van was going to take me back to my dorm but I assumed it was, I gathered up my things so that I could go wait outside for it. Ryeowook handed me my papers.

“Thank you!”

He smiled. “Uh…you are welcome.

I nodded in approval. “Yes, that’s right!” 

“Are you hungry?” He asked. “Hangeng is a great cook.”

Hangeng looked up from the floor. “No, not really.” He mumbled.

“Oh, no but thank you. I should be getting back to my room.” I replied.

“That’s right. It is getting kind of late.” Leeteuk commented callously.

Ryeowook raised a brow. “No it’s not.”

Kangin came around the corner. “Let’s get something straight.” He looked to Ryeowook, then to me. “You’re our teacher. Just because a few of us are foolishly trustworthy doesn’t mean we’re friends. Once the lesson’s done, you’re done.”

And there was the sting that I was waiting for. A part of me understood what he was saying because they had all been deceived by fans that they trusted. I merely stared at him, at all of them. I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded my head.

“As long as I get the respect a teacher deserves from her students. I’ll accept that.” My voice was never so small. I could barely hear myself say the words.

My eyes wandered over to Donghae who had apparently been watching me the whole time. I could feel his eyes on me and when I caught him he quickly looked away. Kyuhyun had also been listening, his tall figure was leaning against the wall to the hallway, with arms crossed, blankly glaring.

“I’ll walk you downstairs.” Ryeowook said, disregarding Kangin’s words.

We made our way to the bottom of the stairs that led to the back exit. I thanked Ryeowook and made my way towards the door. However, Ryeowook blocked the door and wouldn’t move when I tried to reach for the handle.

“I just want to say something right now.” He looked to the ground. “The guys aren’t always going to be like this. But it’s hard for them, really hard. For some reason I want to trust you. I believe everyone deserves a fair judgment.” He looked up at me with insistent eyes. “Please don’t let me be wrong about you.” 

I wasn’t sure what to say. I felt both guilty but at the same time I felt like it was my duty prove them all wrong, to show them that I wasn’t going to harm them. There was something inside of me that needed to detach itself from the boys as Super Junior and start seeing them for who they really were individually.

“I understand,” Was my reply. I knew exactly what I had to do now, even though I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.