Arriving in Seoul

Love's Way

 

*Blue is for Korean*

Your POV

 

I was tired and ready to get to my new apartment. I had just got off a 13 hour flight from the States. I roamed the streets for a little bit trying to figure out where I had to go. I got into a taxi and showed him where I was supposed to go.

 

Can you take me here?” I asked him pointing to the address.

Okay." He answered.

 

It took us about 20 minutes to get to the apartment building. I grabbed my bags and walked into the building. I got on the elevator until it got to the 5th floor. I unlocked the door and heard a voice coming from a room. I closed the door behind me and crept towards the voice.

 

Yeah... I think she's here now.. talk to you later.” The voice said.

 

Footsteps came walking towards my direction. I saw a girl with long, dark brown hair walk up to me.

 

Hi! My name is Kyung Mi. You must be Hyunae?" She said.

Yes. Hi Kyung Mi. You're my roommate right?” I asked. 

Yeah.

Kyung Mi began to speak in English. “You speak good Korean for being from America.”

“My mom is Korean and my dad is American. My mom taught me everything.” I said. She nodded her head. “You speak good English for being from here.”

“Thanks. My mom is also Korean and my dad is from Australia. He taught me.”

“Cool.”

“Well, welcome to Seoul!” Kyung Mi smiled.

“Thanks.” I smiled back.

“I'll show you to your room then.”

 

We walked down the hallway and to the right was my room. I put my bags up against my closet and sat on my bed.

 

“If you need to get cleaned up, the bathroom is across the hall.” Kyung Mi said.

“Thanks.”

“By the way, I got us tickets to see SHINee tonight. Thought that would be a great way to welcome you to Seoul.”

 

My eyes grew wide. I LOVED SHINee. Especially Taemin. He was my bias.

 

“That's great! I love SHINee.”

“Well great! I'll go get ready now.”

 

Kyung Mi left out of my room and went to her room. I grabbed some clothes out of my suitcase and went into the bathroom. I took a 15 minute shower, which included washing my hair and then I got dressed. I wore my SHINee t-shirt that my mom bought for me before I came to Seoul, a pair of khaki shorts with my white tennis shoes. I dried my hair and left it it's naturally curly self. I walked out the bathroom and Kyung Mi was waiting in the living room.

 

“I'm ready now.”

Kyung Mi looked at me. “Niiiice. You look real cute.”

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“No problem.”

 

I looked at Kyung Mi's outfit. She wore a pair of skinny jeans, high-top Converse's, and a purple plaid long sleeve shirt rolled up to her elbows.

 

“You look cute also.”

“Thanks. Just something I threw together.” She giggled.

 

I laughed also. I had a feeling Kyung Mi and I would get along great. Kyung Mi tossed me her keys.

 

“I let you drive since it is your first time here. Just so you can know the streets of Seoul.”

“But I don't know where I'm going.”

“I'll tell you where to go.”

Arasso.” I said.

 

Kyung Mi took me to the garage of the building and lead me to her car. I unlocked the door and we both got in. I pushed the button to start the car. I pulled out of the garage and headed onto the streets of Seoul.

 

“Lead the way girlie.” I said to Kyung Mi.

“Okay.”

 

Kyung Mi told me the directions to the concert hall and I followed what she was saying. It took us about 15 minutes to get there. I parked in a fairly close spot in the crowded parking lot.

 

“Wah~~~~” I said as I got out of the car.

“Amazing right?” Kyung Mi said.

“Yeah. The whole atmosphere..”

“I know.” Kyung Mi linked arms with me and we walked to the line.

“Aigooo I'm so excited!” I exclaimed.

“Me too!”

 

All of a sudden, all of the fangirls in line went crazy. I looked and saw SHINee walking into the concert hall. My eyes grew wide as I saw Taemin. Taemin glanced over in my direction and flashed a smile. I screamed loudly as they walked in.

 

“YAH~!!!! Taemin oppa just smiled at me!!!!” I jumped up and down while grabbing onto Kyung Mi.

“I saw!” Kyung Mi said.

 

Everyone walked into the concert hall shortly after SHINee entered. Kyung Mi and I went to the very front where our seats were. I began to get little butterflies in my stomach just thinking about what was in store for this concert. I looked at my clock on my phone and noticed that the show started in a couple minutes. I got very excited and began to fangirl. 

 

 

“You okay over there Hyunae?” Kyung Mi asked me.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I said calming down a bit.

 

All of a sudden, all the lights went out and everyone in the concert hall started screaming. Aiko and I even began to scream. I grabbed my SHINee light stick that was given to me at the door. I turned it on and waved it around. Then I heard..

 

“I wanna know you neoye gyeote..

 

I began to go crazy just over that one line. Then, one by one, each member of SHINee appeared on the stage. I got up from my seat and started to dance along to SHINee World. Then, they got to the 'dibidibidis' parts of the song.

 

Dibidibidis uri 'Bakryeoktaem' eun Taemin..

 

I screamed like a little girl when they introduced Taemin. Then, the song stopped. The SHINee boys bowed and introduced themselves to everyone.

 

Hello everyone. We are the shining SHINee.” They all said together.

Tonight, we will pick one of you to dance with us to our song 'Beautiful' off of the Dream Girl album.” Key said.

Everyone of us screamed like crazy. Especially me, since I loved that song so much. I even taught myself the dance.

 

We'll have our maknae Taemin pick one of you before we start.” Onew said.

 

Taemin walked off the stage and down the stairs into the crowd. He looked around and then his eyes set on me. My eyes grew wide. He began to walk over towards me. I was screaming on the inside but kept my cool on the outside. He was finally in front of me. He gave me a cute smile, grabbed my hand, and led me on to the stage. Taemin kept holding my hand as Jonghyun came to me.

 

What is your name?” He asked.

Hyunae ibnida.” I answered.

Yeppeoda.” They all said.

Are you guys ready?!” Key asked getting everyone hyped up.

Let's go!” Minho said.

 

The music began and I got butterflies. Taemin had me by his side the whole time. He started to sing his line.

 

Nal nochi anneun nunbichi isseo.. ah~” He sang while touching my cheek.

 

I blushed as he did this. As the other members sang their parts, I started dancing with Taemin. I was having a lot of fun. Then, the chorus came on.

 

Areumdawo~!” Jonghyun sang.

 

I danced along with the other members and the back-up dancers. I felt like I was one of them. 

 

Areumdawo~!” Taemin sang.

 

I grew weak while hearing him sing just that one word. But I still was dancing along with everyone else. Jonghyun, Key, Onew and Minho sung their verses while Taemin and I were dancing together. I felt like I was cloud 9 the whole time I was with Taemin. Soon enough, I came down from my high when the song was over.

 

"Gomawo Hyunae-ah." SHINee said while bowing to me.

"No no. Thank you SHINee." I bowed back to them.

 

Taemin escorted me off the stage and towards my seat. He kissed me on my cheek and went back up on stage. I stood frozen for a little until Kyung Mi snapped me out of my daze.

 

"Hyunae!"

I jumped a little. "Yeah?"

"Gwaenchana?"

"Neh. Just still in shock." I held the cheek that Taemin kissed and sat down.

She giggled a little.

 

Two Hours Later...

 

As soon as the concert ended, Kyung Mi and I left to get ready for school in the morning. As we were leaving, I felt a hand grab my wrist.

 

"Hyunae- ah?" The voice spoke softly.

I turned around to see Taemin.

"Neh Taemin oppa?"

He slid a piece of paper into my hand.

"What is this?"

"My number."

My eyes grew wide.

"Mwo?!"

"Call me sometime. Maybe we can hang out."

"Sure." I blushed a little.

 

Taemin went towards the other members and waved to me before getting in the group's van. I waved back at him before the van pulled off. I went over to Kyung Mi and we walked to the car.

 

"What was that about?" She asked while getting in the car.

"Oh nothing." I responded, smiling a little bit as I sat in my seat.

"Hmph. I don't think you would be smiling and blushing over nothing."

"Taemin gave me his number and said we should hang out."

"OMO! Lucky girl you!"

I laughed a little bit.

"So are you gonna call him soon?"

"Maybe. I have to think about it."

"What is there to think about?! An idol gave you his number! You better call him as soon as possible, arasso? Or I will ddakbam you in the forehead like Onew."

"Okay okay. I'll call him sometime this week."

"You better."

 

As soon as we got home, I went into my room and changed into my pajamas. I laid in my bed thinking about the events that occurred today. First, arriving in Seoul; then, going to a SHINee concert; finally, my bias gives me his number. I smiled at the thoughts. Shortly, I fell into a deep sleep while feeling content.