Gumiho

This Spring, I'll Love You

ChapterSeven

"Charity? What...?" Yoobin asked as she watched Jaebum wrapping a scarf around his skinny neck. "Yeah, a charity, I think you'll like it."

"What is it...?" Instead of waiting for him to answer, she got ready and wondered what they were doing today. "Well...It's kind of hard to explain. Basically, you help the needy."

"The needy?" Jaebum stopped his self from rolling his eyes and faced her. "Yes, the needy. The people who aren't fortunate."

Yoobin's face brightened up as she remembered something she heard in a drama. "You mean like those guys that disguise themselves for money?"

"What...?!" Jaebum said, beyond puzzled. "Sometimes, I wish you would just say 'oh, yeah, I know what that is Jaebum!'".

"Sorry..." She apologized but the look on her face didn't make Jaebum feel any better.

"Forget it, let's just go." They walked out of the house, and neither of them made a sound. 

'Why is she so quiet...' Jaebum thought but shrugged it off as he entered his car. He turned the car on and looked over to his right only to see the seat empty. He tapped his knuckles onto the window to get her attention. But she didn't open the door to get in, she only stared at the empty car seat.

"Of course..." He exited his car and walked over to her. "Now what's wrong?"

"You..." Yoobin whispered but stopped.

"Out with it, we have to get there so-"

"I feel like you don't like being with me..." 

"Oh Jesus Christ Yoobin, of course I like being with you." As soon as those words escaped, he cupped his mouth with his hands. "I mean...I don't mind doing this. Oh, I have to do this! I don't have a choice! Now stop being a baby and get in the car!"

"See?! Why do you do that? You seem nice but then turn mean right after! If you're going to be like this, I'm NOT going!" Yoobin crossed her arms and Jaebum sighed.

"Lover's quarrel..." He heard some people say as they walked by.

"WE'RE NOT A COUPLE!" He yelled and they ran away, scared that the psycho screaming at them will chase after them.

Yoobin cleared to get Jaebum's attention. "Look, I'm sorry okay?"

When Yoobin didn't respond, he figured he wasn't forgiven. "What do you want me to do?"

"Well now that you mention it..." Yoobin giggled and Jaebum got a feeling she was never mad in the first place. "Well there's this drama I wanted to watch but I don't have anyone to watch with..."

"...I can call Nicole." He tried to save his self but Yoobin wasn't going to let him go this time.

"A guy."

"I'll call Wooyoung."

"Without a girlfriend."

"I'll call Changmin."

"Who's close to my age."

"Taecyeon?"

"Who's not so tall."

"Hey!" 

"Oppa! PLEASE?" Jaebum knew he wasn't going to win. He knew he never would win. "FINE!"

"YAY!" Yoobin jumped up and down, clapping her hands. "You'll like it! It's called "My girlfriend is a nine tailed fox!"

"Nine tailed...?! What the hell is that?!"

"Well, it's a drama about a guy that's forced to stay with a girl and take care of her. He basically does things to make her happy, like buy meat for her!" She smiled happily. "Oh! And since she's a nine tailed fox, she doesn't know about outside life things so there's this funny part where-"

"Why does this sound a lot like our situation?"

Both of them thought about it.

'A guy who's forced to stay with a girl and take care of her...' Jaebum smirked.

'Doesn't know about outside life things...' Yoobin gasped and turned to look at Jaebum.

"That's so cool! I'll be Mi Ho and you can be-"

"ALRIGHT, alright. We'll watch it after I take you to the charity thing, god..." Jaebum sat in the driver's seat, defeated, but deep inside, he was excited. 

~

"We're here." Jaebum opened his door and stepped out, gazing at the big orphanage in front of them.

"Is this a house?" Yoobin asked Jaebum who shook his head. "No, it's an orphanage. It's where kids go when they lose their parents." He started to walk in and figured Yoobin would follow him too.

Once they got inside, a little girl ran towards Jaebum and jumped into his arms. "Oppa!"

"Hanna!" Jaebum laughed with a big grin plastered onto his face. "Miss me?"

"Of course I missed you!" The little girl named Hanna smiled back but stopped when she saw Yoobin. "Who's that?"

"Oh, her?" Jaebum said. "She's just a friend. I decided to bring her along."

Yoobin's face fell when he said they were just friends but she let it go. "Hi, I'm Yoobin!"

"Are you Jaebum oppa's girlfriend?" The little girl's innocence shined all around her. 

"No way, don't be silly." Jaebum pushed her a little but Hanna just giggled. "Come on oppa, I want to show you my other friends!"

The two followed Hanna and Yoobin looked over to Jaebum in curiosity. "So what do we do here?"

"We basically keep the kids company. You'll get the hang of it, don't worry." His smile reassured Yoobin. When they got outside, they saw a wide field of grass and kids running around. 

"Oppa! This is Yoona and Eun Hye!" The two little girls stared at Jaebum in awe. 

"Hi girls!" He raised his voice a bit higher to seem friendlier. "H-Hanna, who's that?" Yoona tugged on her friend's sleeve without taking her eyes off of him.

"That's Jaebum oppa!" 

"Don't be shy, I don't bite." The girls nervously laughed and Yoobin caught their attention. "Awww, oppa already has a girlfriend?" Eun Hye pouted.

"No!" Jaebum exclaimed and Yoobin just scoffed. "Park Jaebum, you are the meanest. You said we were married!"

"I didn't say anything!" Jaebum defended his self and the three little girls giggled to themselves.

"Is it fun having a boyfriend? I have a boyfriend too!" Hanna said as the other two girls clapped their hands. "That's right! Hanna already has a boyfriend!" Yoobin and Jaebum smiled at the innocence of youth.

"Awww, really? I hope he's nicer then Jaebum!" Yoobin smiled sweetly but Jaebum saw right through it. "Hanna, don't grow up to be like her."

"Hanna, don't ever get married to a pest like him."

"Don't be such an annoying wife Hanna, you're husband will want to shoot his self."

"At least I don't have anger management issues. I swear, Sarangie only your bowl of rice ONCE, and you still freak out when he gets too close."

"What?! Anger management issues?! Want to fight?!"

"You're a terrible husband!" Yoobin stomped over to the other kids. "What?! Don't walk away from me!"

"And why would I listen to you?!" She kept stomping away but lightened her facial expression once she approached the kids. "Hey, I'm Yoobin, what's your name?" She said to the little boy who was a spitting image of Jaebum.

"I'm Ji Hoo, it's nice to meet you." He held his hand out with a warm smile and Yoobin gently shook it. "Awww, you're so adorable!" 

'Wait a second...' Her face started to darken slowly. 'He is SO not adorable if he's a spitting image of Jaebum...'

"I saw you talking to Hanna..." He blushed slightly and kicked at the ground. "No way, are YOU her boyfriend?"

"I-I guess so..." He mumbled and Yoobin suddenly felt happy inside. "Well it's good to know some girls can be happy with their boyfriends."

"Are you not happy with yours? It's Jaebum hyung right?"

"I suppose..." Yoobin pursed her lips out and thought to herself. "Why is he so selfish anyway? All I wanted was to act like we were married..."

"Hyung looked like he was really happy though." Yoobin gave him a confused look. "I mean, you might not be able to see it, but I could. He doesn't show his feelings well is all."

"Try telling your hyung that, he'll start freaking out." They both laughed.

"Ji Hoo! Who's this?" Some of Ji Hoo's friends ran over and looked over to Yoobin who smiled at them.

"This is Yoobin noona. She's Jaebum hyung's boyfriend." Ji Hoo snickered at the last comment. 

"Jaebum Hyung?!" One of the boys exclaimed. "No way! He's here?!" They all ran away to find their beloved hyung.

Ji Hoo suddenly pulled on Yoobin's sleeve. "Noona?" Yoobin crouched down so she was face to face with him. "Yeah?"

"I want to tell Hanna I like her though...She only calls me her boyfriend because we all played house together."

"Awww, so it wasn't serious?" He shook his head and Yoobin thought to her self. "You could keep it simple and give her a flower!"

"Could you come with me?" He pushed out his lower lip and put on his cutest face. "Oh, you're too adorable!" Yoobin got up and held onto Ji Hoo's hand. "Let's go then!"

As they walked over, Yoobin didn't make eye contact with Jaebum and didn't even acknowledge the fact that he was there. 

"Hanna..." Ji Hoo said just above a whisper.

"Oh! Yoobin, this is Ji Hoo! He's that boyfriend I was telling you about!" She laughed with her friends and Yoobin saw Ji Hoo losing his confidence.

She patted him on the back to give him a little push. "Hanna, I like you!" He pushed his flower out to her and shut his eyes tightly. Her friends stopped laughing and nudged Hanna to say something.

Hanna smiled happily and held onto Ji Hoo's hand. "Come on, let's go!" They both ran away laughing delightfully. 

"Awwww, I guess she likes him too!" Yoobin clutched her hands together and was watching them dreamingly.

"Well, we'll leave you two alone..." The other two girls sneaked away, leaving the two of them together.

Without saying anything, Jaebum checked the time and walked away. Although Yoobin didn't want to follow him, curiosity over came her. She followed closely behind him.

Once they were out in the parking lot, she saw him enter his car and start it. He didn't start driving so she figured he was waiting for her to enter the car too. She did, and he drove off just before she closed her door.

Neither of them said anything, nor did they look at each other. Jaebum sped through a yellow light he was obviously supposed to stop at.

"Jay, drive slower." Yoobin muttered. 

"Don't tell me what to do." Only because she told him not to, he sped up. 

"Why are you being so mean?"

"Oh, that's right, I'm not nice."

"Oh my god. Don't tell me you're mad about THAT."

"You know, I liked you better when you were quiet and didn't talk." Yoobin opened to retort but couldn't make out her words when she realized what he said.

"..." Yoobin shut and looked out the window.

'SHIT.' Jaebum cursed to his self and watched her in the corner of his eye. 'I just had to say something stupid. Now she probably won't talk to me for days...'

"...Sorry."

But Yoobin decided not to reply. Jaebum bit his lip to stop his self from cursing. 

"Damn it, if you don't talk, I am NOT watching that drama with you."

"...Fine." And with that, they parked in their drive way and Yoobin ran into the house. Jaebum sighed, relieved that she at least wasn't mad at him.

"...I'm still mad at you." Yoobin said with her snacks in her arms. She went over to the couch and plopped down. "Just in time! The drama should have just started!"

Jaebum let it go and went over to sit next to her. "Care to tell me what this drama is exactly about?"

"I told you, a guy with a nine tailed fox as a girlfriend. We're watching Episode 12 today!" (a/n : if you don't watch my girlfriend's a gumiho, PLEASE DO. it's AMAZING.)

"See, Dae Woong's visiting his grandfather with his girlfriend and since she can't eat anything besides meat, she feeds it to him when their distracted!" Yoobin smiled happily as she watched Dae Woong being fed to death.

"And who's this guy?"

"DONG JOO!" Jaebum covered his ears once she shouted. "He's so good looking!"

Jaebum scoffed. "Good looking my ..."

And then the scene of Miho and Dae Woong taking pictures came up. "Hey oppa, let's take pictures like them! We'll make memories too!"

"Why don't you take pictures with Dong Joo..." He sneered but Yoobin playfully pushed him.

"OOO! You always know when Dong Joo's going to come out because of the y music!" Yoobin bounced in her seat. 

Jaebum just stared at her in shock. "y music? Please, this guy's just some pretty boy."

"Awww, Dae Woong and Mi Ho are holding hands!" Yoobin turned over to Jaebum and glared. "Why don't we hold hands?"

"Because we're not a couple!" Yoobin crossed her arms and kept watching the drama. "Party pooper..."

"GAH! ONE OF THEM HAS TO DIE!" Yoobin cried and bit onto the cushion.

"What's with these korean dramas?!" Jaebum yelled and held onto his pillow in anticipation. "Making me cry and everything..."

"He's going to die, he's going to die! Mi Ho, just tell him!" Yoobin clutched onto Jaebum's arm and sobbed.

"Yeah Mi Ho, just tell him! Tell him, tell him..." Jaebum cried too and threw the pillow across the rooom.

"...Are you actually liking this?" Yoobin asked and Jaebum's eyes popped out of his head.

"NO. No way. I was..." He looked around for any excuse. "Mocking you."

"No you weren't..." Yoobin devilishly grinned. "You secretly love korean dramas don't you? Admit it Jaebum!"

"No way!" Jaebum got up and walked out of the living room to go to sleep. 

"Oppa!" Jaebum stopped to hear what she had to say. "You're forgiven!" Jaebum smiled and went to sleep without trouble.