360

This Spring, I'll Love You

 ChapterTwo


"So you haven't been to a mall in 2 years?!" Jaebum had an outrageous expression on his face like he just couldn't believe it. He went to the mall more then she did, and he was a guy. "WOW..."

'Well I don't really have a mom to take me shopping and stuff...And dad's always busy.' Yoobin had no idea why he was freaking out, shopping's just...Shopping right?

"But! Then! How are you even dressed?!"

'My dad buys clothes for me sometimes. I don't need much, it's not like I go out.' She wrote down her answer comfortably and sipped her cup of tea while Jaebum watched her.

"Are you crazy?!" He couldn't understand what this girl was about. "I don't have a mom either but that doesn't mean I don't go shopping!"

"You...Don't have a mother?" Yoobin spoke out and touched her lips when she realized it. With a blank expression, Jaebum blinked slowly and realized what he just said. "I'll...Tell you about that another day, it's not important." But it was important. He knew dang well how much he missed his mother.

"Anyway, then what about the times you have gone out to the mall? You said you haven't been to the mall in 2 years?"

'My aunt dragged me out when she visited.'

"...Please tell me you've been to a hairdresser." Jaebum grabbed onto his forehead which was wrinkling from stress. Not going to the hairdresser monthly was the worse situation he could ever be in. 

Yoobin shook her head innocently and he screamed on the top of his lungs. "What is wrong with you?! We're going NOW!"

~

"Jay!" The word slipped out of before she cuffed with her hand. "Look, we can't just bring a notebook into the mall and have you write. Just try to talk."

Unexpectedly, he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the big mall. For some reason, she felt safe and secure, almost as if he was going to protect her if something bad happened. 

They were soon inside and Yoobin looked around to the unfamiliar surroundings. Shoes, purses, everything she has never even held before were shining in the display windows. As Jaebum was dragging her to...Wherever, she couldn't help but feel a little out of place.

"Jay! My good man!" She heard someone say and she noticed she didn't see purses and clothes anymore. They were now in a salon that smelled like strong hair products. "Yo man, I have a favor to ask you."

"Of course, anything for my Park Jaebum!" She watched the man smile and look over to her. He gave her a confusing stare and looked back to Jaebum. "Uhmmm...Who is this?"

"Nichkhun, this is Yoobin. Yoobin, meet Nichkhun. He's a hairdresser." 

Nichkhun held out his hand with a friendly smile on his face. "Nice to meet you! You don't look like the...Normal kind of girl Jaebum plays around-"

"She's...Not one of them. It's a long story, I'll tell you later." Jaebum sighed and knew he couldn't let Yoobin know he was far from being a . "Anyway, could you...Do something with her hair and makeup? You know, fix her up a little?"

"Of course! We have to check her first. And just by the first glance, I can tell we're going to have some trouble with her hair..." Nichkhun sighed and snapped his fingers twice. "Victoria, come here hon."

"Yeah?" A pretty girl with long brown hair hopped over and came face to face with Yoobin. 

"We have a big make over to give to this girl. We have to do a good job since it's a favor to Jay okay?"

"Of course! We always work hard for our customers!" They both giggled. "By the way, I'm Victoria, it's really nice to meet you!" 

Yoobin just stared back but didn't say anything. It almost felt as if was paralyzed, she wanted to say something but she couldn't. "Sorry, she doesn't talk much." Jaebum rested his hand onto Yoobin's back to reassure her everything is fine.

"Oh, no biggie! She'll be screaming with joy once we get done." Victoria gave her a big smile and started to call assistants over to help her. "Krystal, can you get me some bobby pins and a hair tie?"

"Here you go!" A peppy assistant came over and handed Victoria what she needed. "Alright Yoobin, we're going to check your skin first." She tied Yoobin's hair back and clipped back her overgrown bangs.

"Wow, it's like a baby's ." Nichkhun commented and put the make up away. "No need for make up, we'll go straight to the hair."

"What kind of style do you want?" Victoria asked but she remembered she didn't talk too much. "Oh, I know!" She ran over to the coffee table and grabbed a couple of magazines and handed them to Yoobin. "If you see a hairstyle you like, just point it out."

Yoobin nodded and looked through the magazines, glancing at each hairstyle. Then she stopped at one of the pages and pointed to the girl with side bangs and heavy layers. 

"Awwww, that'll be so cute on you!" Victoria squealed and she knew Yoobin was growing onto her already. "We'll be great friends Yoobin!"

Friends. Not sure Yoobin really knew what that was. Sure she had played with kids when she was younger but they weren't what you call 'friends'. Before it could flood her mind, she pushed the thought away.

"Hey, we should take her clubbing. Wouldn't she look y dancing? Or drunk?" Nickhun laughed by his self as Victoria gave him a dirty look. "Oppa! Don't call other girls y! And stop imagining weird things!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Nichkhun pecked Victoria's cheek and Yoobin watched them both giggling to their selves. Is this what people call 'couples'?

"Alright, let's get started on your hair!" Victoria led her over to the station for washing hair. "Alright, just lean back and relax." 

Yoobin did as she was told and felt Victoria washing her hair with shampoo. Soon after she rinsed and wrapped her hair with a towel. "Alright, she's ready!"

Nichkhun came over with a pair of scissors and pulled her to the chair in front of the mirror. "Alright, let's get started." He smiled at her reflection and started to cut away at her split ends.

Victoria came over with a hair razor and started to shape her side bangs. "Awww, you look so adorable already!"

"Wow, hairstyles really do change people. I might just have to steal you away from Jaebum."

"Yah, oppa, you're really getting on my nerves..." Victoria pouted. She always hated it when her boyfriend flirted with the female customers. "Sorry! She's just so cute! I want our daughter to look like her."

"You can't pick what babies look like you idiot." Victoria laughed and patted Yoobin's thin cheeks. "Your skin's so nice..."

"Are we beautifying her or her? Come on, we don't have all day!" Jaebum yelled and the two hair dressers looked back and stuck their tongues out. They wondered when Jaebum actually started to care about another girl like this, it was always one night stands for him.

"Done and...Done!" Nichkhun motioned for Yoobin to stand up so he could brush off stray strands of hair. "Wow...We are definitely going clubbing together..."

"You little..." Victoria pushed him out of the way and held Yoobin's face between her hands. "Call me whenever you want okay? Here you go!" Yoobin took the slip of paper from Victoria and smiled. 

It was the first time she had someone give their number to her. Inside, she felt so excited! I guess this is what people call 'making friends'.

"Jay, she's ready! You better tell me what's going on later!" Nichkhun handed Yoobin over to Jaebum who just woke up from a little nap. 

"Alright, come on Yoobin, let's blow this popsicle stand." Jaebum grabbed her hand and brought her over to 'kara21'. The worker greeted him. "Could you get maybe...10 outfits for this girl? Get her 5 pairs of shoes too. Thanks." The women bowed and brought Yoobin over to the changing room. 

"Alright, my name's Gyuri and I'll be helping you today!" She smiled and grabbed a bunch of clothes from the racks. "Try these on first and I'll look for more clothes for you okay?"

Yoobin nodded and went over to the dressing room and started to change in and out of clothes. Meanwhile, Jaebum called Taecyeon.

"Hello?" Jaebum heard a deep voice on the other line. "Yo Taec. Let's meet in 'kara21', I have something to tell you. Could you come with the other guys too?"

"We're hanging out at a store? A girl's clothes store none the less?" 

"Don't worry, I have a good reason. Come as soon as possible, it's kind of important..."

"Yeah, sure man. See you soon." Jaebum sighed and wondered how he could make his friends understand. No more clubbing every night...Then again, he could take Yoobin clubbing...

He pushed that idea out of his head, knowing he would never take such an innocent girl and turn her into some partying slut.

"Jaebum oppa!" He turned around and saw Jin Woon's girlfriend walking towards him. "Is Jin Woon with you? What are you even doing in here? We sell girls' clothes..."

"Nah, he'll be here soon though. It's a long story, Jin Woon will tell you later."

"Hey, isn't that them?" She pointed to the large crowd of guys entering the store.

"Hey, over here!" Jaebum waved and his friends happily ran over. 

"Nicole!" Jin Woon smiled and hugged her tightly. "Let's go eat lunch together okay?" Nicole nodded with excitement and they ran out of the store.

"I'll tell him later." Jaebum mumbled and Junsu cleared his throat. "So, what do you got to tell us?"

"You know it's Sunday, I'm missing church for this." Junho grumbled and eyed his hyung carefully. 

"Look, you remember that fight I got into last time? The one at the club?" They all nodded and listened carefully. "I got caught."

"What?!" Taecyeon screamed and some of the shoppers looked over with dirty looks. "Are you shitting me?!"

"Hyung, you said you would be careful!" Seul Ong groaned. "Wait, then why aren't you doing community service?"

"Yeah, about that..." Jaebum made an uneasy face. "I'm taking care of the policeman's daughter for 2 months instead of doing 6 months worth of community service."

It was dead silent as the guys tried to understand what he just said. "You...YOU'RE taking care of someone else's daughter? Is her dad retarded or something?" Wooyoung asked with his voice full of seriousness.

"Look, I know it sounds far fetched but it's true. She's kind of mute or something and I have to show her all the happy things in life, yay..." He said with little enthusiasm in his voice.

"It can't be that bad..." Changmin said while climbing on top of Jo Kwon's back. 

"It's not but she's not...She hasn't been outside of her house in months, maybe years. She's not normal, let's leave it at that."

"What is she, like a hermit?" Chan Sung asked in confusion.

"I guess you could say that. She doesn't have friends, she hasn't been shopping in 2 years, she-"

"Wait, what are we doing in a girls' clothes store again?!" Seul Ong asked and pushed away a girl that was trying to flirt with him. "Can we go somewhere else?"

"I can't, she's in the changing room. She really, REALLY needs new clothes. One of the workers is making outfits for her."

"Is she pretty?" Jo Kwon's face went from happy to mad. "Wait, don't tell me she's one of those girls you'll play with..."

"She's not. Those kind of girls live in clubs, not houses Kwon."

"You should really stop being a man ..." Taecyeon halfheartedly smiled. 

"Seriously, try to hold a stable relationship for once." Wooyoung held up his phone with a picture of Taeyeon and him on the back. "Taengoo and I are so happy...Makes me want to cry!"

"Really hyung, I'm guessing you won't be able to club for the 2 months you take care of her? That'll be good for you." Junho said and looked at someone behind Jaebum. "Oh hot damn..."

"Forget stable relationships..." Taecyeon's jaw dropped with Junho's too and everybody leaned over to catch a glimpse of who they were gawking at.

"What are you guys..." Jaebum turned around and his eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "The hell?! Yoobin?!"

"Jay..." She whispered and felt nervous seeing so many people. Suddenly, she felt insecure and hid behind Jaebum.

"Guys, stop, you're scaring the crap out of her." He said without turning back. "Wow, you have changed my friend."

Yoobin giggled at the word 'friend' and held the shopping bags tightly in her hands. Jaebum handed the worker his credit card and she walked away to print out a receipt. 

"Wait, is this the girl?" Seul Ong sneaked up behind Jaebum's shoulder and stared at her. "Hey!"

She waved and smiled, not sure of what to do in this kind of situation.

"Daaaamn..." Jaebum circled around her fully once and stopped. "Not bad Yoobin, not bad at all..."

"Those legs, are HOT." Wooyoung commented and kissed his phone to apologize to Taeyeon. "Sorry boo, but you should really see her legs..."

"And you should stop talking to your phone you weirdo..." Taecyeon poked Wooyoung and went over to Jaebum. "Awww, you guys would be the cutest couple. She looks like the next Mrs. Park!"

"Or she can be the next Mrs. Im..." Seul Ong laughed and patted Yoobin on the head. "Please take care of Jaebum, he's a bit of a troublemaker..."

"Anyway, we'll see you guys later, she's probably freaking out right now." Jaebum grabbed her hand and led her out of the store. 

"Here's your credit card sir." The worker handed him the credit card and bowed. "Have a nice day."

"Sorry you had to deal with them." Jaebum apologized to Yoobin once they were outside. 

"It's no big deal..." She said and he started to laugh. "You should really talk more often, it sounds cute."

"Jay..." She whispered after entering the car and buckling her seat belt. "Thanks for today."

"Yeah yeah, this is my job anyway. Think of it as a gift." He started the car and drove back to the house.