Tiffany's Secret

This Spring, I'll Love You

 

ChapterThree
 
"Man, even your guest rooms are nice..." Jaebum said as he walked into the untouched room.

Yoobin opened the windows to let fresh air in and grabbed a blanket out of the closet. Almost as if she were his mom, she set up his bed and fluffed up his pillow. Happy with her work, she stood beside the bed with a smile.

"You're such a dork..." Jaebum laughed at how easy it was to make her smile. 

Knowing that it was getting late, Yoobin left the room and walked into her bathroom to get ready for bed. With a bobby pin, she pinned back her bangs and frowned at her reflection. 'Nichkhun and Victoria did a good job with my hair but they didn't put make up on me...Maybe I would look better if I put some-

"Yo, where's the toothpaste at?" Jaebum's head popped in the open bathroom door and Yoobin slammed the door in shock. "OW! My neck!"

"S-Sorry!" She tried to push Jaebum's head but he wouldn't budge. "Yah, all I wanted is toothpaste, okay? Why are you freaking out? It's not like you're or something."

But to Yoobin, she did feel . She felt anytime someone would look at her. What were they thinking? Did they think she was ugly? Was there something about her they didn't like?

"Well?" Jaebum started to get frustrated. He pushed the door open and grabbed the toothpaste, squeezing the life out of the tube. "Minty..." He looked into the mirror and started to brush his teeth.

But Yoobin still stood there, her head facing down so he couldn't see her. "...Can't you go brush your teeth in the other bathroom?"

"Why would I, I'm already here." He responded without paying attention. 

Without saying anything, Yoobin brush her hair while facing away from Jaebum. While he tried to ignore it, it got on his nerves every time he looked into the mirror and saw only her back. "Yah, is it that weird for you to be in the same bathroom as a guy?"

She shook her head but didn't look back. Jaebum sighed and rinsed out his mouth. "Tell me what's wrong then."

"Nothing's wrong." She waited for him to leave since he was done. If she brushed for any longer, her hair would fall out.

"Something is obviously wrong. Why aren't you facing me?" 

"I just don't like people looking at me."

Jaebum didn't know what he was supposed to do or say. "Uhmmmm...Well, why not? You're not ugly."

"Why would anyone be friends with someone ugly like you?"

"...I didn't say I was ugly." So what did he mean? She didn't mention anything about her self being ugly, but I guess he knew. He probably knew she was ugly but decided to brush it off and be nice about it. That's how things are. How things are supposed to be.

"I'm just saying, girls always say stupid stuff like that." 

"What do you mean?" She whispered only loud enough for Jaebum to hear it.

"Saying they're ugly. They hate everything about themselves." She peeked behind her to see Jaebum looking straight at her in the mirror as he was flossing his teeth. "If you don't like yourself, you're as good as dead. I'm guessing you didn't have friends as a child."

She bit her lip.

"Did they make fun of you when you were little? Is that why you're like this now?"

Tears started to roam around in her eyes.

"What did they call you, fat or stupid? That's how cruel children are right? You're probably a great example of the worst case scenario."

"So what, are you mocking me?" She turned around with tears now running down her face. "Does it make you happy to point those kind of things out and make me remember? Trust me, I'll be happier not remembering those kind of things!"

"No, I wasn't-"

"You had and have a great life! When I saw your friends, I wondered what it was like to have such a big group of close people you can actually go to!" Her eyebrows knitted together in sadness. "Don't...Don't go throwing those kind of comments at me...Even if they are true, I don't want to hear it from you!"

Jaebum panicked at seeing the girl cry in front of him. "Wait! Why the hell are you crying?! I wasn't! What! GAH!" He opened the door and stepped outside. "Look, see, I'm not in the bathroom anymore! Stop crying!"

"Now go away!" He did as he was told and ran back to his room. When he jumped onto his bed, his heart wouldn't stop beating.'What did I say? Did I do something wrong?!' He sighed and looked over to his phone. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. 

He opened his phone and pressed speed dial number 6. 

"Hello?"

"Yah, the address is 321 March st. Bring the girls too."

"Really hyung! YAY! Yoobin will be happy, I promise she'll-" He hung up before his dongsang could blab on any further. 

'I didn't call her ugly, I was just saying girls think that. What's so hard to understand about that?! She's...Definitely NOT ugly.'

Mean while, Yoobin was in the bathroom washing her face harshly. She rinsed and patted her face dry, then applied moisturizer. "Yoobin, you are such an idiot..."

At this point, she felt pathetic. Here Jaebum was, willing to even talk to her and she lashes out on him. Why couldn't she be cool like the actresses in movies? So confident and happy about their selves...

"If you don't like yourself, you're as good as dead."

She thought about what that could have meant. 'If I don't like myself, I'm as good as dead? God, did I look that pathetic?'

After thinking about it, she decided it was best to apologize to Jaebum. Gathering the courage she never thought she had, she walked over to his room and was about to knock on his door when it swung open.

Jaebum looked down to Yoobin's dumbfounded face and muttered quietly. "Hey..."

Without greeting him back, she bowed and apologized. "I'm really sorry for what happened earlier, it was just-!"

"I should be the one saying sorry." Awkwardly, he extended his arm hesitantly and patted her back. "So...Sorry."

She straightened her self back up and lightly smiled. "By the way, I might have invited some people over..."

"People? What kind of people?" She asked in curiosity.

"People you know." Jaebum smiled like a dork and left Yoobin wondering to go watch TV. 

As Yoobin was walking down the halls to ask Jaebum who he invited, the bell rung. Jaebum hopped off the couch and ran over to the door. "You guys are finally here!" Yoobin heard the door open and ran towards it to see Jaebum's friends rushing in.

"Where's noona?!" Jin Woon screamed and scanned the room. When his eyes laid on Yoobin, he just blank slowly. "Wow hyung...She's really pretty."

"Yah, yah, yah!" Nicole hit her boyfriend's arm and scolded him. "Make up does wonders to girls!"

"She's not wearing make up!" Victoria screamed happily and watched Nicole's jaw drop. "That's...That's so not fair!"

"Mrs. Im!" Seul Ong ran up to Yoobin and embraced her tightly.

"Aigoo, so weak in front of women." Taeyeon pulled Seul Ong off and waved to Yoobin with a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Taeyeon! I'm that freak's boyfriend." She pointed to Wooyoung who was doing some weird dance with Taecyeon.

"...Yoobin..." She smiled back and watched the boys follow Jaebum into the living room. "Well Yoobin, that's Nicole and I'm sure you met Victoria already. Guess who we are?!"

"...Nicole, Victoria and Taeyeon...?"

"No silly! We're your new best friends!" Nicole hit Yoobin's arm playfully and grinned. "Come on, let's go to your room!" They dragged her upstairs and opened the pink door. "Wow, nice room!" Taeyeon exclaimed and looked around in awe.

"Hey...Do you shop at kara21?" Nicole held up the clothes from the shopping bags. "Yeah, Jaebum took me there today..."

"I work there! Ughh, I didn't get to see you earlier today because I was with Jin Woon getting lunch!" She smacked herself on the forehead but smiled as she turned to Yoobin. "Next time, look for me. I'll give you discounts!"

'Girlfriends. I've seen girls hanging around with other girls, happily chatting about boys and shopping. But I never got to experience it. Doesn't seem like a big deal but it is...' Before Yoobin could frown, she forced a smile onto her face.

"I heard you don't talk much," Taeyeon sat down onto the bed and tried on one of Yoobin's shoes. "but that's okay, you'll start talking nonstop once you have a convo with me."

"Same goes for Wooyoung...You guys are the chattiest couple ever. You know you guys talk really loudly whenever we double date at the movies? I had to hold Jin Woon back from screaming at you guys." Nicole said.

"Who could hurt a face like Wooyoung's?!" Victoria shouted at her dongsang. "Don't you think Wooyoung's adorable Yoobin?"

Yoobin's head snapped up at hearing her name being called out but didn't say anything.

"Oh, come on, even if you don't talk a lot, you HAVE to speak up for this one!" Taeyeon lightly pushed Yoobin with a smile.

"Well, I guess Wooyoung's kind of cute..." She muttered, secretly feeling happy inside.

"See?!" Victoria pointed to Nicole who rolled her eyes. 

"Sooooo..." Taeyeon said with a mischievous look on her face. "You live with Jaebum huh?"

Yoobin nodded and looked around to see suspicious looks on their faces. "What..."

"Does he...Did he try to hit on you?" Victoria, being the unni, felt she should protect the other girls, especially Yoobin. "You can tell us if he does, we'll beat the crap out of his face."

"No!" Yoobin exclaimed and the 3 other girls stared at Yoobin in surprise. "Oooo, what's this? Getting a little too defensive aren't we?" Nicole smirked.

"Yoobin, you're so cute!" Taeyeon hugged Yoobin with her strong arms. "Oh right! Wooyoung got you a present! He wouldn't tell me what it was but he said it was for you! He said like 'Oh, Jaebum hyung's too dumb to think about buying this' but I really don't know what he's talking about..."

"Taeyeon, I have to tell you something!" Nicole stood up suddenly and screamed. "Don't get mad, it's not Yoobin's fault."

"What's not her fault?" Taeyeon asked.

"Jin Woon told me...Jin Woon told me Wooyoung was eying Yoobin's legs, there I said it!" Nicole dove her head into the bed as Taeyeon gasped. "He what?!"

"Well we can't make sure while you're wearing those Yoobin." Victoria held out a Tiffany's Secret bag. "Change into these, I got you shorts that match ours, just in a different color!" Yoobin saw that Victoria was wearing pink, Taeyeon in purple and Nicole in green. 

"Oh, thanks..." Yoobin smiled. She couldn't believe it, she always dreamt of this! Having something that showed they were friends, whether it be matching phone chains or matching hats!

Yoobin changed into her baby blue shorts and saw that they fit perfectly. She stepped out with a wide grin plastered onto her face. "Oh baby!" Nicole's eyes enlarged ten times in size and went over to touch Yoobin's legs. "How are you so toned?!"

"I exercised a lot...Since I had a lot of time on my hands." Yoobin uncomfortably pulled down her shorts that hugged her tan legs perfectly. 

"Why are your legs so long?!" Taeyeon kicked the air in frustration. "Stupid Jang Wooyoung!"

"Oh, don't worry, Wooyoung loves you the way you are." Victoria patted her head.

While Nicole was admiring Yoobin's legs, she gasped as an idea popped into her head. "Guys! I got it!"

"What?" Victoria and Taeyeon asked in curiosity. 

"Let's hook Yoobin up with one of them!" Taeyeon squealed as she heard the idea and high fived Nicole. "But the question is who..." Victoria said as she tilted her head.

"Didn't Taecyeon say Jaebum was having problems with staying with one girl? How about we make Yoobin THE girl?" Nicole asked.

"Wouldn't Jaebum go off with other girls anyway?" Victoria said like it was obvious. 

Although she wanted to contribute intot he conversation, Yoobin had no idea what they were talking about. 'Problems with staying with one girl? What does that mean? Does he move out of girls' houses a lot?'

"He'll probably be after these." Victoria poked Yoobin's chest. Yoobin's face reddened as she covered herself with her arms. 

"Did you do chest exercises too? No way that's natural..." Nicole gawked at Yoobin with Taeyeon and the 3 of them stared in silence.

"WOW, that was awkward." Taeyeon laughed timidly and stood up. "Heeeeyyy...Taecyeon's not too shabby either. Doesn't he have a reputation as the only guy in the group that doesn't watch ?"

"I'm sure all guys watch Taeyeon." Victoria said.

"...?" Yoobin said in a questioning manner. The 3 girls slowly turned their heads towards Yoobin. 

"You...Don't know what is?" Nicole asked and gulped. "It's those videos...You know with the people...Getting it on?"

"Oh!" Yoobin said, embarrassed. She knew what it was but it just took a long time to remember. She hasn't heard that word come out of anyone's mouth in years.

"I think I'll dump Nichkhun for you Yoobin." Victoria laughed and rolled on the floor. "But Taecyeon isn't too bad..."

"What do you think Yoobin? You should tell us who you like best! Tell us, tell us!" Nicole hopped up and down like a bunny. 

"Tell us who you thought was the best looking! Who's your ideal type?!" Taeyeon added on.

'It felt...Warm. Being around them felt like being embraced with invisible arms. Just talking to them and having people to keep me company made me feel so alive. Like I was one of them.' Yoobin thought and smiled to herself.

"Who is it?!" Taeyeon asked impatiently. "Oooo, did you see that smile on her face? She's thinking, oh she's thinking!" Victoria showed a perfect set of teeth off.

"Who I thought was best looking..." I thought back to earlier today when Jaebum introduced his friends when we were shopping. 

"Or she can be the next Mrs. Im..." Seul Ong laughed and patted Yoobin on the head. "Please take care of Jaebum, he's a bit of a troublemaker..."

The memory played over and over in her head. Without even knowing it her self, her lips curved into a joyful smile. "Mmmm...He was good looking but I don't think he was the best looking. Besides that, he just seemed really nice."

"WHO?!" Taeyeon shook Yoobin's shoulders, almost as if she thought if she shook her hard enough, the answer will pop out of . 

"I don't remember but he said something about Mrs. Im..."

"Seul Ong?!" Taeyeon pushed her and scooted back. "He's mine!"

"What?! You have Wooyoung, don't be greedy!" Victoria shouted and her eyes sparkled. "So your ideal type's Seul Ong. Then who did you think was best looking?"

"...Jaebum has a lot of good looking friends..." I muttered and tried to think of all their faces. 

"Because I'm smart, I came prepared." Taeyeon grabbed the photos of all the guys out of her purse and spread it out on the bed. "Now pick one!"

"Hmmmm..." Yoobin looked around and noticed someone was missing. "Jaebum's not here."

"Ewww, you think Jaebum's best looking?!" Taeyeon said in disgust. "What?! Park Jaebum is SO good looking!" Nicole defended him and Victoria sat there staring at the pictures. 

"No, but I know Jaebum the best. Other then Seul Ong, I think Jaebum and I get along great."

"Jaebum's a little...Hard to get I guess? I don't think you want to know or would understand so let's just chose from the other guys, okay?" Victoria smiled reassuringly. 

After scanning each picture carefully, Yoobin picked one up. "Is this guy even Korean?"

"Doesn't he just look Italian?!" Nicole laughed and pointed to his face. "His names Chan Sung, pretty nice boy. He might look old but he's the youngest after Jin Woon."

"Don't you think Taecyeon's good looking too?!" Victoria shoved the picture in Yoobin's face. "Just look at him! I'm sure if you saw his body, everything will change."

"Or Changmin's body. That guy is a mad body builder..." Taeyeon pouted. "I think I'll pay Changmin to push Wooyoung into exercising..."

"Taecyeon is pretty good looking..." Yoobin smiled down to the picture. "But I really like the dorky and funny type."

"Taecyeon is exactly that!" Nicole bit her lip to stop herself from screaming. "Then again, Jaebum is too...Seul Ong's really funny and dorky too, now that I think about it..."

"Wow, you choose them well Yoobin." Taeyeon said and grabbed Yoobin's hand. "Come on guys, let's go downstairs!"

The 4 girls rushed downstairs to find the guys playing Monopoly. Taeyeon jumped onto Wooyoung's back but he didn't budge, Wooyoung didn't play around when it came to money, even if it's fake.

"I passed 'Go', give me 200." Junho said with a serious face. "And I'm buying one house."

"No, don't buy the house yet." Junho's team mate, Junsu, said. "We'll wait till we have a lot of money."

"We're not going to make money without houses...Yah, Ok Taecyeon, where's my 200? That'll be our money." Junho said to Junsu.

"I'm your hyung Junho..." Taecyeon passed him the money and turned to look over to Jaebum. "What the hell are we going to do? We don't have property yet."

"Because they bought it all!" Jaebum stood up and pointed to the others. "This game is crap! I quit!"

"We win, we win! We have the most money!" Seul Ong and Jin Woon got up and danced around happily like monkeys.

"I'm never playing this game again!" Changmin threw the money onto the game board and got up. Before he went over to the refrigerator to grab a drink, he spotted Yoobin. He started to walk over.

"Oh my god, Changmin's coming over here!" Victoria whispered ecstatically. "He never talks to girls! Why's he coming over here?! You're so lucky Yoobin!"

"Hey, Yoobin right?" He held out his hand in front of her and she shook in nervously. "Yeah, Changmin right?"

He laughed. "I guess they told you about me." He said referring to the girls.

Before Yoobin could answer, Wooyoung shouted first. "Hey, it's my girl!" He ran over with Taeyeon following behind him, pouting. "Hey, I got you something! Guys, come on, sit around!"

Everybody came over and sat down in a big circle on the couch and the floor. "I worked really hard so you have to accept these gifts."

"Of...Course." Yoobin said quietly, wondering what it could possibly be.

"Since Jaebum's stupid, he didn't even think about buying you this when you guys were shopping." Wooyoung said boastfully. 

"God, it must be expensive!" Nicole grabbed onto my hand and shook it with excitement. 

"So here you go!" He held out a Tiffany's Secret bag and nobody said anything. 

"Tiffany's...Secret?" Taeyeon whispered. "You went into Tiffany's Secret?! What are you, some kind of ert?!" 

"They sell clothes there too!" Nicole laughed anxiously. She opened the bag and her smile fell. "Oh my god, you are a ert!"

"Nice clothes isn't enough! You have to have nice lingerie too!" Wooyoung defended his self while the other guys looked around the room uneasily.

"Thanks..." Yoobin said, not knowing what else she could possibly say at this moment. "No really, thanks Wooyoung, it was really nice of you."

"See?! I am just so smart!" Wooyoung laughed to his self while Tae Yeon hid her face in shame.

"You don't know what women like, you only know what you like on women..." Nicole held up a pair of lacy underwear. "Yoobin doesn't like this kind of stuff..."

"Actually, I kind of do." Yoobin smiled at Nicole. 

Nichkhun coughed on his drink and excused his self to the bathroom. 

"You...You what?" Nicole asked with a hint of glee in her voice. 

"I always liked wearing pretty underwear, it makes me feel good." Yoobin smiled innocently, not knowing the guys were shifting around in their seats distressfully. 

"Awww Yoobin, I was praying you would understand me!" Nicole stuck out her tongue and grabbed the items from the bag. "Wooyoung, shop for me too!"

Jin Woon ran out of the room and went to the kitchen. Anywhere away from them was okay for him.

Wooyoung laughed and shook his shoulders up and down. "Hey Yoobin, want to model them for us?"

"You stupid ert." Jaebum and Taecyeon pushed him at the same time. 

"I hope Taeyeon beats the crap out of you." Chan Sung said with his eyes shut closed. 

"Actually, I should be mad..." Taeyeon said as if she was unsure. "But I won't be if you buy me some?"

"Of course!" Wooyoung felt endorphins multiplying in his body. "Jay, you can go with me next time! You can buy stuff you want to see Yoobin in and I'll buy ones I want to see Taeyeon in! Nichkhun and Jin woon can go with us too!"

"Sometimes, I want to punch you in the face, you know that?" Jaebum walked into the kitchen to find Jin Woon with red creeping onto his cheeks too.

"Could you guys...Put that away?" Jo Kwon said without making eye contact. 

"What? You've never seen one?" Victoria threw a bra at Jo Kwon.

"AH! IT BURNS!" He jumped and threw it off of him. 

"You got bras for her too?!" Taeyeon yelled and Nichkhun, Jaebum and Jin Woon came back and sat down away from the girls. 

"You what?" Jaebum glared at Wooyoung who couldn't stop beaming. 

"But how did you know what size to buy her?" Victoria dug through the bag and picked up a pink one covered in lace with a cute bow in the middle. "Hey! This one is so cute!"

"I just did my best to guess what size you were." Wooyoung winked.

"38B...?" Yoobin read the tag and felt the color in her cheeks burn. 

"38B?!" Victoria picked one up and read the tag. "Wooyoung, I'M a 38B, what makes you think SHE is?!"

"Can we not talk about this?!" Nichkhun covered his ears with his hands.

"Well, you take those then." Wooyoung said without a worry. "I'll just buy you some more next time." He smiled to Yoobin.

"Yah, Jang Wooyoung!" Taecyeon shouted. "You really sound like one of those old creepy men hitting on high school students!"

"Well high students wouldn't be bigger then a B cup..." Wooyoung giggled as Taecyeon tried to punch him in the gut.

"Here, you keep those, and I'll take these." Victoria said to Yoobin and handed her the bag full of underwear. "Yay!"

"Are you girls done? I think I'm going to puke." Junsu said peeking through one eye.

"Yeah yeah, we're done." Victoria said with an amused look on her face. 

"Anyway, let's take this party to the kitchen. I'm starving." Nicole got up and stretched like a cat. "Off to the kitchen we go!"

Yoobin watched as everybody left the room and walked into the kitchen. This was it, the beginning of her life.