One To Stay

This Spring, I'll Love You

ChapterSix

"What a drama addict..." Jaebum looked through every DVD Yoobin owned. "You're Beautiful, Coffee Prince, what's so great about all this?!"

"Sarang ah! It's snowing!" Yoobin held up the little puppy so it could look out the window. "See? Isn't it pretty?" 

Jaebum scoffed to his self. How could he lose to a dog? She would rather tell the dog it's snowing rather then the human being.'Thanks a lot...'

"How many drama series HAVE you watched?" He continued to dig through the endless heap of DVDs.

"I lost count after 50. But some of them are movies so they aren't that long!" Yoobin looked back with a smile. "Hey, Jaebum?"

"What am I, your son? You have to call me oppa." He smiled like a dork and walked over to watch the snow drop from heaven. 

"Jaebum oppa..." She whispered and thought about whether or not she liked it. After thinking about it, she smiled and decided it sounded great! "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." She pouted at his rude response and pushed Sarang into his arms. 

"I don't want Sarang to hear me scold you so put him somewhere else!"

Jaebum's laugh rolled off smoothly out of his mouth. A way it never had in his life. "Alright, alright, just ask me your question."

"What does it become when snow melts?"

Jaebum didn't say anything. But he felt threatened. 'Does she think I'm stupid? So I didn't do well in school, what the hell is she thinking? Is she purposely poking fun of me?' He looked at her as she looked outside, waiting for his answer. He knew that there was no way she would ever poke fun at him. "Water of course."

"Wrong!" At his surprised response, she giggled and face him with a warm smile. "It becomes Spring! Spring's my favorite season! What's yours?"

When he saw her face, smiling so warmly at him, he thought of his mom. How she would hold him when it snowed to keep him warm. The sound of the kettle when it started to boil. The rush he felt when him and his mom made hot chocolate together. 

He chuckled at how excited she was. "...Why is Winter your favorite season?"

When she didn't respond right away, he repeated his question. "I heard you but...I guess it's kind of weird. Don't laugh okay?"

His smile became wider. "Of course I wouldn't."

"Since I'm always home alone, I have a lot of time to think about these kind of things. When I looked outside, I wanted to bury my self in the snow and stay until Spring came. When snow melts and Spring comes along, flowers bloom right? I felt like I could become someone acceptable, someone pretty. I wanted to bloom into something wonderful."

Jaebum didn't say anything, he didn't want to say anything. He just wanted to hear those words again, 'to become someone acceptable'.

"Who needs snow when I have you?" She patted Jaebum on the back and saw the pain in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He brushed it off and kept his cool. 

"Well then again, there's always something wrong, right?"

"Being the the house for too long has done weird things on your brain. We're going outside." Jaebum changed the subject and watched Yoobin, being the oblivious one, hop in excitement. 

"Hey Jaebum..."

"Oppa..." Jaebum didn't even turn around and continued to wrap his scarf around his neck. 

"Jaebum oppa...Can you do me a favor?"

"What is-" He turned around but stopped when he saw her begging on her knees. "Please promise you'll do this for me."

"Do what? Are you okay...? Why are you on the floor, get up!" He felt embarrassed even though nobody else was watching. 

"Promise me!" Yoobin felt the heat in her cheeks radiating off onto her hands. 

"Alright, okay! I promise! Now get up!"

Yoobin stood straight up with a happier expression. "Wait outside!" She ran into the kitchen and grabbed the two instant noodle cups and walked outside with Sarangie. 

"What the hell could she possibly be planning to do..." Jaebum mumbled and sat on the stairs. 

"Here you go!" He turned around to see her handing him a instant noodle cup. "Thanks?"

"I always wanted to eat noodles cups outside when it's snowing! Like in dramas you know?" Her lips spread widely on her face as she sat next to Jaebum. 

"You need to get your head out of those dramas."

"But isn't that what real people do?" He looked over to Yoobin to see if she was serious. 

He opened the lid and stirred with his chop sticks. "I wouldn't know, I never did these things. Anyway, don't couples do these things?"

"Well couples are kind of like married couples right?" Jaebum almost choked. "You still believe in that crap?!"

Slowly, her happy face fell. "...Crap?"

"No, not crap! Forget I said crap!" Jaebum held onto the cup in frustration and Yoobin just smiled brightly again upon hearing those words. 

Sarangie barked happily and ran around, attacking the unknown objects falling from the sky. 

"...I'm glad I met you Jaebum." Jaebum stopped eating and looked over to Yoobin. "If it weren't for you, I would have to watch the snow fall alone."

"I promise you won't have to watch the snow fall alone ever again." Jaebum smiled when he saw Yoobin look over with tears in her eyes. "And don't you dare start crying."

"I'm just so happy. Do I really deserve you?" Yoobin giggled, but she wasn't joking. "There are happier, funnier, prettier people you could be with."

"Trust me Yoobin, there aren't." Jaebum laughed half heartily, remembering the type of girls he would hang out with. Well, they would do more then just 'hanging out'. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to."

Jaebum's words jogged Yoobin's memory. "Oh, can I ask you something? Nicole said something about you not being able to stay with one girl. What did she mean? Did you move a lot?" 

'Shit...' Jaebum thought to his self but he knew this day was going to come sooner or later. And the sooner the better. "Yoobin..." He sighed. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

"Hmmm?" She said obliviously. 

"You know how..." How was he going to put this into words?

"I know how...?" She waited for Jaebum to continue but she only saw his cheeks reddening.

"You know how people have...They do that thing..."

"Do what thing?" Jaebum gave up and decided to come right out and say it.

"You know how people have sex?"

Yoobin nodded. "Well, I kind of...Did that with girls. A lot of girls. Many girls."

He waited for Yoobin to respond but all she did was nod. "...You're not going to say anything?"

"Well, I'm waiting for you to go on silly!" She giggled and Jaebum couldn't help but feel bad for ever doing anything dirty. 

"I'm finished. What I mean is I didn't hold serious relationships. I'm..." Jaebum didn't know how to complete his sentence.

If she knew what he really was, what kind of sick and twisted monster he really is, would she let him stay here? Would she ever smile at him again?

"I'm a bad person Yoobin."

"No you're not!" She laughed and Jaebum looked over to see what she could possibly be laughing at. "No, I am...I used people for what I wanted. That's not a good thing to do Yoobin."

She thought about how bad it really is to sleep around with guys here and there. "What's the big deal?"

Jaebum gave up. "You'll understand one day. There's a difference between loving someone and having sex."

"Doesn't seem like a big deal..." Yoobin muttered and hopped down from the steps. "Oppa! Let's make a snow man!"

Only Yoobin could change her mood so quickly. "Sure, why not?" Jaebum got up and put his cup down. He walked over to Yoobin who seemed to have a hard time with keeping her balance. He ran over to catch her but fell on his own before he could get over to her.

Yoobin laughed and pointed to Jaebum. "Hah! I should have warned you it's all ice here. When Spring comes, we'll come back here to see the pond!" She held out her hand for Jaebum.

Instead of bringing his self up, he brought her down. "Ow! Park Jaebum!" Yoobin pouted as Jaebum got up and ran away laughing. 

Sarangie started to bark happily and chase after Jaebum who kept slipping as he ran. Yoobin got up and pulled onto Jaebum's arm once she got close enough. "What happened to making a snowman?"

"This happened." Jaebum took a handful of snow and shoved it in Yoobin's face. She didn't move and shut her eyes, trying to control her anger. "Very funny Jaebum..." She reached down to the ground and picked up a good amount of snow. After a quick smile, she stuck her hand down his shirt and released. Sarangie and Yoobin watched as Jaebum did a funny dance. "IT'S SO COLD!"

"You deserve it Mr. Park!" Yoobin yelled and glided away from him. "Bet you can't hit-" Before she could continue, a snowball collided into her head. "OW!"

"I won't go easy on you just because you're a girl!"

"YOU'RE the girl!" Yoobin said, knowing she was pushing it now. Jaebum's smile disappeared. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"YOU THROW LIKE A GIRL!" Yoobin's laughter echoed in the woods as Jaebum's heart started to beat faster. "I'LL SHOW YOU 'THROWING LIKE A GIRL'!" He yelled in pure anger and started to chase after Yoobin in speeds unknown to man. 

In seconds, he caught up to her and tackled her to the ground. "AHHH!" Yoobin giggled as she fell to the floor and felt Jaebum's weight on top of her. "You're heavy!"

"I throw like a girl AND I'm heavy? Are you trying to get rid of me on purpose?!"

"Kidding, I was kidding!" Her whole body shook in joy and her arms wrapped around Jaebum's neck. "Oppa! I love you!"

Jaebum's body tensed up. "Y...Yah! What are you doing, let go!"

"No!" Jaebum could hear her giggling in his right ear. "Not until you hug me back!"

"God, you don't even know how wrong this is!" He tried to escape by pushing his body off but she was stronger then she looked. Or maybe he just didn't want to get off. "Would you let me go?!"

But Yoobin didn't let go and kept giggling into his ear. The sound triggered something in Jaebum's brain.

He remembered.

He remembered how the girls in the past would giggle in his ear after he got finished with them. How they would wrap their skinny arms around his neck and cuddle close to his body. 

Without him knowing, his right arm snapped up and grabbed Yoobin's arm. "Ow! Oppa, I surrender! Let me go!" As Yoobin tried to jerk her hand out of his hands, he couldn't snap back to reality. Her hand finally got loose and that's when Jaebum came back to realize what happened.

"..." Yoobin didn't say anything but watched Jaebum in anger and confusion. 

He looked down to his hands and then to Yoobin. "Sorry! ...Sorry. I don't know what just happened. Something...I don't know, just-"

"Oppa, it's fine." Yoobin comforted him after seeing how shocked he was. "Don't worry about it." She got up and walked towards the house. 

Jaebum knew this would happen. 'God Jaebum, way to go. You fucked things up big time, of course she's going to leave you outside. One more person to walk in and out of your life.'

But then she turned back. Turned back with a wide smile glued to her face. "Well come on, you'll catch a cold if you sit in the snow like that!"

'And then I realized,' Jaebum slowly got up and walked over to Yoobin, his gaze never leaving hers. 'within seconds,' Without hesitation, his arms wrapped around her neck and he leaned down and smiled. 'that you just might be the one to stay.'