Are You a Girl or What?

Antidepressant

 

“Chanyeol!” I yelled as I chased said person into our classroom. I had a big smile placed on my lips and the same had Chanyeol. I soon caught up to him, albeit his long limbs, but I was a fast runner. I grabbed his arms and made him stop and turn towards me. I pressed him up against a nearby wall and it must have looked strange; a small person stopping and pushing a taller person against the wall. “You owe me five bucks now.”

“Can’t you just forget them?” Chanyeol asked with that toothy smile he always had. He tried to fight against me, but funny enough, I was also stronger than him. I couldn’t stop smiling even though this situation was very serious. “Just this time, please?”

I laughed and then smiled at him. I made sure to get eye contact to seem more intimidating. “Do you want me to forget the five bucks I lent you so you could buy lunch, but ended up using them on some stupid game?”

“It was not stupid!” Chanyeol quickly defended himself. He fought against my grip, but gave up because he wasn’t strong enough. “I had to show a girl how strong I am and then she beat me and then I had to win my dignity back by beating her.”

“That’s just stupid! First you have to borrow money and then you can’t even beat a girl?” I laughed right up in his face and I could see his entire face turning into a tomato. His blood was boiling underneath his skin. He was so angry with me; I could see that. I knew Chanyeol hated to be made fun of, but that just made it funnier to do. “You’re pathetic. Are you a girl or what?”

And that was when Chanyeol lost it. He let out an almost inhumane sound and then he got enough strength to get me away. I was smarter than to stay there and quickly skipped out of the classroom before he even noticed that I’d let go. I smiled as I ran down the hallway and I heard Chanyeol stomping out of the classroom I left behind me.

“Stop right there, you pathetic little !” he yelled with his deep voice. I could hear his heavy, long steps trying to catch up to me, but I was too fast. He couldn’t keep up so I quickly ran around a corner and another one so Chanyeol wouldn’t be able to see me. I hid in a small depot with toilet paper and waited for the danger to disappear.

I stayed in that depot with a smile placed on my lips the entire time. When it was safe outside I got out and ran in the opposite direction of what I was running in before. When I got out to the big hallways I looked in both directions and in the end close to the classroom my next class would take place in, stood Chanyeol. His arm was around a boy’s waist. He held him close to his body and I could see the boy trying to wrestle out of Chanyeol’s grip. I would have been apathetic if I didn’t know the boy, but I did know the boy. It was my boy, my friend; my boyfriend.

“Minseok’s my hostage!” Chanyeol yelled and he almost looked like a maniac with his scary eyes and big mouth. It looked like Chanyeol carried Minseok the way he held him. Minseok was struggling to get away, but Chanyeol was obviously too strong.

I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. “What do you want Chanyeol?”

“I want…” he became normal again and loosened his grip around Minseok a tiny bit, but not enough for Minseok to flee. “I want my debt to be forgotten and then you have to give me five bucks. I need to practice until I can beat her.”

I laughed and went closer to Chanyeol while fetching my wallet from my pocket. I quickly counted five bills and handed them to the suddenly overly happy man. He looked like a teenage boy who just got money from his parents to buy alcohol. And it was true; Chanyeol was a teenage boy who got money, just not for alcohol, but for some stupid game because he wanted a girl.

He quickly grabbed the money from my hand and let Minseok fall to the ground.

“ers!” he yelled as he ran away. “She’s going to lose so badly now!”

I chuckled for myself as I watched the big boy getting smaller and smaller. Minseok moaned when he got up on his legs again and that caught my attention.

He cleared his throat. “What the hell was that about?”

I smiled to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. I squeezed it slightly. “He’s just head over heels for some stupid girl who beat him in a game.”

“Oh,” Minseok nodded understanding. “He’s head over heels in the Chanyeol way this time too, right?”

I sighed a ‘yes’ and then we went to our next class. We sat beside each other like we usually did and then the teacher entered the classroom, telling us to quiet down even though there was almost no noise.

I participated eagerly through half of the lesson and that was when I received a note from the man beside me.

‘Looks like the pills are working.

Good.’

I looked at Minseok and he smiled a big proud smile I’d never seen before. My heart didn’t hurt upon seeing it though and that made me feel bad, especially when it was something it usually would.

 



 

A/N: I'll upload the last chapter tomorrow, because I'm going on vacation on Sunday :)