Chapter 2

How to Win A Guy in 10 Days

note! When I said Ri In was allergic to coffee I meant coffee BEANS. She's allergic to everything BEANS. Haha. Does that make more sense?



I tried everything humanly possible to get Junsu's attention. Heck, I even did the drop-a-pencil excuse. 

Nothing. 

"... you have 10 seconds to pick a partner for your 3 day project." I lifted my head up, we're doing a project? Yes! "10..9..8.." 

I poked Junsu, "Want to be partners?" 

Junsu looked around the room before answering. "Sure."

I smiled, "Great." 

"3..2..1!" She finished counting, "Now, everyone who has a partner sit down." 

While everyone calmed down and the teacher finished explaining the project details, I couldn't help but wonder why Junsu was looking around the room. I smacked my forehead finally realizing what I had just done. 

"SH*T!" 

Everyone turned to me. 

"Ri In! No use of such language will be tolerated! Detention!" The teacher scolded me. 

"But I already have one..." 

"Oh, in that case, if you speak up again than I'll send you to the principal's office!" 

"Okay..." I mumbled as I leaned back in my chair. I accidentally hit my leg on the top of the desk. 

"Ow.." I softly said as I saw my fresh cut. 

"You okay?" Jaejoong whispered as he handed me a band-aid. Why does he even carry these? 

"I'm just dandy." 

"Oh come on and just tell me what's wrong." He flicked my head with his finger. 

"I can't believe I forgot... Junsu is dating Boa!" 

"No. duh." He laughed at my forgetfulness. 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? How am I going to win his heart if he's dating someone already?" 

"Well Miss Jang Ri In, you can figure that out yourself." 

--After class.-- 
I went to my locker to get my books as I saw Siwon, which reminded me to break up with him. We lasted for 4 weeks which was plenty long.

"Hey..." I muttered as I walked up to him. 

"Hey baby!" He said as he put his arms around my shoulder. 

"Listen.." I spoke as I brushed his shoulders off gently, "I think we need to break up." 

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked with a worried expression. 

"No.. we just need to break up..." 

"If you hate me, then just say so." 

"No.. it's just that... well... my brother..." 

"This is about your brother?" He put his arm back around my shoulder, "You shouldn't let Yunho control your --" 

"What about me?" Yunho asked suddenly coming from behind. Yunho grabbed me and pushed me lightly toward Jaejoong. 

"Didn't want to break up with you?" Jaejoong asked me while folding his arms together. 

"Yeah, the usual." I responded naturally. 

We watched them glare at each other. Yunho had his hands in a fist, getting ready to punch Siwon, while Siwon was about to do some amazingly cool kick on Yunho. 

Seul Gi came up to us and asked, "So, who do you think is going to win this one?" 

"Oppa, of course! He always does." Even if I want to stay with Siwon, this time it was for a good cause. I couldn't possibly win Junsu's heart if we were both taken. 

Siwon looked at me with depression in his eyes, "You don't think I can win this?" 

Since he was already distracted, Yunho decided to throw a punch at him and he fell to the ground. 

"Let's go." Yunho said as he took Seul Gi's hand and they went off to lunch. Siwon was bleeding and I felt bad for the guy. I bent down to him and gave him a handkerchief. 

"Didn't I tell you about oppa already? He knows about how you used to flirt with Seul Gi and he doesn't like that one bit." 

He responded with his amazingly gorgeous dimples, "But I didn't think he would do anything." 

They never listen, do they? 

"Oh... well I'll see you around!" I stood back up and skipped happily away while hooking onto Jaejoong's arm. After all, this happened so often. Yunho always found something he didn't like about my boyfriends.

When we entered the lunch room, I saw Junsu. He was sitting with Yunho, Seul Gi, Yoochun, and Changmin. I nudged Jaejoong to go join them so I could talk to Junsu. As we sat down, I saw Junsu texting someone. I was going to bend over to see who he was texting (probably Boa) until someone had just slapped my bottom.

"Ahh!" I screamed and turned around looking for the culprit. It was one of Siwon's friends, "What do you want?" 

"Since you're single now... you, me, bed, tomorrow?" Siwon laughed at his friend. Disgusting. You're gonna get it now. 

I walked to Yunho, "Oppa." I sniffed to pretend I was crying. 

"What is it?" He looked at me with worry. 

I pointed toward Siwon's friend, "He... slapped my..." 

I didn't even finish the sentence before Yunho got up and grabbed the guy by the collar of his shirt. 

"You or any of your friends do anything to my sister again... you're dead." He pushed the guy back down, which made the guy bump into his food and it all spilled on him. Yunho had a habit of washing his hands after beating people up, so he went to the bathroom. 

This was my chance to flirt with Junsu. 

"Junsuuuuuuuu." I said as I scooted next to him. 

"Hey." He said, still concentrating on texting and looking at his phone. 

"So... who are you texting?" I asked curiously, knowing the answer. 

"My girlfriend." I flinched. 

"Oh.. is she sick today or something?" I tried to sound as worried for her as possible.

"No, she has a singing competition today. She's gonna be back before lunch ends." 

"I see..." Lunch ends in 25 minutes, so I better cut the small talk, "Do you want to work on our project after school?" 

He finally looked up at me, "Oh... I have a date with Boa. What about at 6?" 

My eyes brightened. Now I can invite him to dinner! 

"Do you want to stay for dinner? Yunho oppa's cooking today!" I lied to get him to come. 

"Yunho? Cooking?" He laughed, "Alright then, this will be fun." 

-- 
The bell finally rang signaling that class had ended. 

I quickly stood up from my seat and ran toward my locker. I had a lot of cleaning up to do at home. After I put away the unnecessary books and took the ones I needed, I ran towards Yunho's car. When I reached there, I didn't see Yunho, but Boa instead. 

"Ri In." 

"Yes, Boa?" I questioned her, wondering what she wanted from me. 

"Don't you think you should get away from my boyfriend?" She warned me. 

"Don't you think you're being selfish?" I asked the witch. What did I even do... yet? 

"No, I don't." She pushed me. 

"Yah! Don't push me!" I pushed her back and a war broke out. I tugged on her hair, she tugged on mine. We even scratched each other. My newly done nails had gotten ruined. I would have killed her by now if Seul Gi didn't interrupt. 

"You guys, stop fighting!" She yelled. 


We kept fighting. 

"Stop or else... or else..." She screamed in frustration and took out her cell phone, "Jang Yunho, your sister is going to kill someone!" 

Yunho came over and pulled me away while Seul Gi held Boa back. 

"What are you guys doing?!" He examined both of us, our hair completely in a mess, torn clothes, broken nails, and a few scratches here and there. 

Then he smirked and just said, "Ri In, get in the car." 

I sat in the backseat to ignore Yunho. 

"Ri In-ah. You know you're going to lose the bet." He said to me. 

"No I'm not!" I pouted and bent down so no one would be able to see me looking like a mess. 

"Oh yeah, remember... I'll be home late tonight because I'm going to eat dinner with Seul Gi." 

"Yeah, I know." Then I smiled. Me and Junsu are going alone tonight.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked me. 

"Oh, nothing, oppa." 

After I got home, I rushed to my room and picked up all the clothes on the floor. I arranged my bed and put my make-up in a little box. I left some things out to make it seem like I wasn't too much of a neat freak. I went down to the kitchen and asked them to make a snack and some dinner. After I finished everything, I sat down and waited for Junsu. 

The door bell rang. 

"Hey, Junsu!" I grinned with a bright smile as I opened the door. 

"Hey, Ri In." Junsu replied behind the pile of books and poster board he was holding. 

He came in and we worked for a while, although I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying. It was 7:30 which meant dinner. Finally! 

"Let's eat now!" I told him as I pulled him towards the kitchen. 

"Where's your brother?" 

"Oh.. um. He said he had to do something really important. I guess it's only us two." I said, grinning. 




"Oh, I'm so stuffed..." Junsu said, rubbing his belly. 

"Junsu ! Let's watch something on TV." 

"It's getting late Ri In.." 

"Come on! I have some cake in the fridge... you know you want some." I winked at him. 

"Fine... do you want some too?" He said as he pulled some cake out from the fridge. 

"Sure!" I looked at the delicious looking cake. 

We sat there for 10 minutes with our eyes glued to the TV screen watching some mystery show. 

I took a big bite of my cake, "Yummy! Which cake did you get? I don't remember this flavor.." 

"I got coffee with nuts sprinkled on top." 



Oh cr@p.