Chapter 1

How to Win A Guy in 10 Days

For the poor souls who are confused on why my brother would make this bet, 
Well... 

"Oppa(brother), can I please date Siwon for a bit longer?" I made the best pouting face I could to get his sympathy. 

For what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke up. 

"Well, can you promise me that this will be a serious relationship? That you will finally commit?" Yunho questioned me. Crazy man. Ri In and 'serious relationship' do not even belong in the same dictionary. 

"WHY?" I asked him as I tugged on his arm. 

"Ri In! You can't just go around dating every guy you see! Lucky for you, your oppa lets you even date guys! Junsu's sister is even pickier. She made Boa go through several tests before she accepted her!" 

"But you're different from Junsu's sister. Please?" I was now holding tightly onto his arm while shaking it back and forth. 

"You know what? Fine." 

"Seriously? Thank you! Thank you!" I cheered. 

"But...” I knew it was too good to be true. "You have to pass Junsu's sister's test." 

"BWOH(WHAT)?! That's not even possible!" I whined. 

Well, I could try... 

"Okay then." 

"I changed my mind. You have to try to date Junsu." 

"What? What's the point in that?" 

"Because, Junsu is a good guy. He commits to things and I'm sure he'll affect you." 

I didn't respond. 

"And then you have to break up with him." 

"You make no sense, whatsoever! Why would you want me to date him, and then break up with him?" 

"Because I don't want you to stick around him for too long. If you do, my cute little sister will get affected by his dolphin...ness." 

"So you're making up words now?" I laughed. 

"What? So do you accept this deal or not?" 

"Alright." 

"So it's a bet?" 

"It's a bet." 



"And you accepted? You're as crazy as your brother!" Jaejoong asked me on his newly bought phone after I finished explaining what had just happened. 

I put the phone on the other side of my head because my hand was cramping. "It's my one chance for freedom!" 

"And you're willing to break Junsu's heart?" Is he doubting me? 

"Huh, I hadn't even thought of that yet. I'm sure he won't really fall in love with me. He knows I've dated a lot of people before." 

"Whatever Ri In. You and your guys." 

"Well hey, I don't want to be lonely, like someone I know!" I . 

"You're mean. I'm hanging up on you!" 

"No! I was just kidding. I love you, Joongie!" 

"Aw, I love you too. Well, what are the stakes anyways?" He's just too easy. 

"Well, if I lose, then I can't date anyone until I'm twenty-one." 

"That's...” I could tell he was using his fingers to count on the other line, "... THREE YEARS!!!" 

"Yeah, and if I win, I can date anyone I want for as long as I want." 

"How long does the bet go for then?" 

"Ten days..." 

"Why ten days?" 

"Because, summer holidays are in eleven days so I need one more day to break up with him." 

"Jaejoong? Who are you talking to?" A deep voice asked Jaejoong. 

"Ri In, I'm going now." He said suddenly and hung up. 

"JAE--" 

*beep beep* 

Jaejoong's dad. 

In other words, the devil. 

The devil who beats up my beautiful, flawless-skin best friend. 

So why haven't I reported his dad yet? Simple. 

His dad has power - more power than all of our parents. That would be including Yunho, Junsu, Changmin, Boa, Yoochun, and me (Seul Gi's family isn't rich, just average). Jaejoong's 'family' is one of the most powerful families in Korea. 

I'm one of the lucky ones to be born into a family with loving parents. Except the fact that we only see my dad three times a year, and the fact that my mom passed away... 

Yup, we're living the life, alright. 

-- 

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

"I can't wait until the summer holidays..." I groaned as I forced myself off the bed and got dressed. 

I looked at the plain school uniform. This is going to take some work... 
Before long, I had already trimmed the skirt shorter and added lace. I tucked the tie under my vest which had a long sleeved shirt that I cut in half. I had ordered a limited edition gray vest, instead of the black one everyone wears. As a final touch, I put on a belt that hung over the part of the vest that was on top of the skirt. Finally, I put on my blazer and buttoned it up half way. 

I smacked my lips after putting lip gloss on. I decided to leave my hair down today instead of braiding it. 

I was going to start eating my pancakes when Yunho honked his car. 

I almost stepped out when one of the housekeepers said, "Miss! You haven't eaten breakfast for a week!" 

"It's okay! I need to lose weight anyway!" I responded back and ran towards the car. 

I went out to the car and Yunho gave me a distressed look. 

"Why do you always wear so little?" He asked me as I sat down in his newly polished car. 

"Because, oppa, I need to attract Junsu today and the next nine days." 

"You wear this little everyday though." He sighed. 

"Well, when I win the bet I can date whoever I want. It doesn't hurt to start attracting them now." 

"You disgust me!" He said jokingly as his eyes scanned over me. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"You're too skinny. Here, eat this." He handed me a glazed donut. It looked awfully tempting. 

"No." I pushed it away, but somehow he managed to push it in my mouth. Then, I accidentally chewed and swallowed. 

After a while of Yunho looking in the rear view mirror, adjusting his hair and shirt, he finally the engine. 

"Okay, let's go pick up Seul Gi now." 

"Aw, my oppa wants to look good for his girl!" I said reaching for his cheeks so I could pinch them. But he beat me and pushed my fingers away. 

"You're no fun." I said as I folded my arms together, while pouting. I tend to do that a lot. 

When we reached Seul Gi's house, she happily skipped out her door and waved at us. She ran towards us while slipping on her blazer. When she entered, a strong smell of coffee overtook the car. 

I started to cough uncontrollably. 

I'm allergic to coffee (and beans of any kind) and I have asthma. The smell was making it hard to breathe. 

Yunho realized what was happening. 

"Sweetie, can you throw out the coffee? Ri In's allergic." 

Her eyes widened. "Omo! MIANHAE(SORRY)!" 

She ran out the car and threw her coffee in the garbage can. When she came back, she apologized for five minutes straight. 

"Mianhae, Ri In! I didn't know!" 

"It's okay Seul Gi! I won't die right away." I joked. 

"I know...” I could tell she was still feeling guilty. 

It was already 7:45 and we were still sitting outside her house. It takes 20 minutes to get to school from her house and we had 15 minutes left. 

Jaejoong suddenly pulled up next to Yunho's car. He's an extremely fast driver, thank God. 

"YES! JAEJOONG'S HERE TO SAVE ME!" I got out of the car so I could get into Jaejoong's. 

"Joongie!" I yelled while running toward his car. 

Then I tripped on a rock. 


"OWWW!" 

Yunho went out the car and Jaejoong stuck his head out the window, "ARE YOU OKAY?" Yunho asked while I used his arms for support to stand up. 

I looked down at my legs, which now had a forming bruise and a scratch. This incident wasted five minutes, and we now had approximately ten minutes left. 

I quickly ran in Jaejoong's car and said, "DRIVE FOR YOUR LIFE!" 

And with that, he sped off while Yunho's car was behind. I turned around and stuck a tongue at them. Yunho responded by sticking his tongue out back at me. 

When we got to the school, the bell had already rang a few minutes before we arrived. 

I walked in class and the teacher scowled, "Ri In and Jaejoong, detention. Now sit down." 

I wasn't really worried about me, but I was scared for what was going to happen to Jaejoong with his dad if he got in trouble. I looked to my right and saw that his arm had a bandage. It looked fresh.

As I was walking to my seat, I smiled and gave a small wave to Junsu. 

I quickly sat down and texted Yunho, 'Operation Win A Guy In Ten Days starts NOW.'