6:From Minseok to Xiumin

I'm A Robot?!

Minseok and Chen finally entered a Chinese restaurant in Seoul. They queued up, waiting for their turn to make their orders. While they’re waiting for their turn, Minseok was thinking about something. Chen noticed his long silence and thinking expression.

“What are you thinking about, Minseok?” Minseok snapped out from his daze state.

Minseok blinked and looked at Chen. “I was thinking about something…nothing special.”

Chen became more curious as what Minseok’s thinking about. “What the ‘nothing special’ about?”

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows and huffed. “Well, it’s just about a girl I bumped earlier.”

Chen’s eyes twinkled with curiosity. “She must be pretty, huh?” Chen smirked.

“No!” Minseok quickly denied. “She’s not that attractive to my eyes.”

Chen became confused. “Then why are you thinking about her?”

“It’s because she called me a scumbag. I hate it. I was trying to help her getting up but ended up getting an insult instead. Tch, I didn’t know there’ll be a feisty girl like her. No. Feisty doesn’t suit her. A female gangster suits for her,” Minseok puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

Chen couldn’t help but laugh out loud at Minseok’s complaining. Everyone in the restaurant started to eye them weirdly. “Yah! Stop laughing! You’re creating attraction here!” Minseok used his right palm to close Chen’s large mouth.

Chen mumbled and started to hit Minseok’s right arm. Minseok released his palm from Chen’s mouth. Still Chen couldn’t stop laughing but not as loud as earlier he did. “I’ve never seen you’re this angry just about a single girl. I’m sure you don’t even know her. Why bothering thinking about her. It already happens, right? Just let it go,” Chen snickered. “Gosh, you’re so funny Minseok!”

Minseok groaned in annoyance. “Just shut up already, annoying orange.”

Chen ignored him and continued to snicker. Minseok just kept quiet and waited for Chen to stop laughing. Once Chen had stopped laughing, it was finally their turn to make their orders.

“Next!”

---

“Omma! We’re home!” Chen shouted after he and Minseok already entered the house safely.

“Ah, Chen! Minseok! Come to the living room.” Mr Kim called both of them.

Minseok and Chen went to the living as what Mr Kim had ordered them to. They made their way to the living room and proceeded themselves towards the sofa across Mr Kim.

“Appa, you’re done searching for Minseok’s bed?”

Mr Kim laughed. “It wasn’t that hard to choose a bed for Minseok.”

After both of them settled themselves on the sofa, Mr Kim cleared his throat.

“You clearly know what day tomorrow is, right?”

“It’s Monday. Why?” Chen asked.

“It is Monday. Then what are you going to do tomorrow?” Mr Kim added one more question.

“It’s obvious, tomorrow I’ll go to school…” after what he had said, he realized something. “Owh…then Minseok is going to stay at home alone,” Chen added.

Mr Kim shook his head lightly. “Nope. He’s not, Chen.”

Chen blinked. “Huh?”

“Minseok is going to the same school as you.”

Both of them had their eyes widened. “Seriously?!” they said in unison.

“I’m not joking, son. He’s really going to study in the same school as you.”

Chen and Minseok didn’t splat out a single word. They were completely dumbfounded.

Mr Kim continued, “I had discussed with your mother and she agreed to let Minseok going to the same school as you. About his registration, don’t worry. Everything has solved. But there’s a slight change for Minseok’s name.”

“Erm, what’s wrong with my name?” Minseok asked.

“Your name has been changed from Kim Minseok to Kim Xiumin. So try to get used to it. Don’t use the name Minseok outside because you might bumped into a person who knows you and it would cause a lot of confusion. But you can still use your name inside this house if you want. Outside, you’ll be Xiumin from now on.” Mr Kim explained.

“Who gave that name? It sounds so Chinese like,” Chen asked again.

“It’s your mother, Chen. I didn’t have any other suitable name for Minseok so I asked for your mother’s suggestion.”

“Ohh…because omma is half Chinese. So it’s obvious she would give a Chinese name. Just like my nickname. But Jongin got his nickname from appa.”

“Okay, there’s nothing more to inform,” Mr Kim looked at Minseok. “I hope you don’t mind your name changes.”

Minseok nodded, “It’s alright, Mr Kim. I’ll try to get used to it.”

“Just call me appa, Minseok,” Mr Kim smiled.

Minseok and Chen were shocked. Both of them exchange glances. “But – “

“No more protest. Just make yourself comfortable at home,” Mr Kim cut off Minseok’s sentence. “Now both of you can go upstairs. Minseok, all of your books are already on the table along with your school timetable.”

“Okay, appa…” Chen and Minseok spoke at the same time.

‘Guess I’ll have to get use to all of this,’ Minseok thought to himself.

Both of them went upstairs along with a plastic bag of baozi.