4:Next Day

I'm A Robot?!

“Your parents died in an accident, Minseok.”

Those words rang in Minseok’s mind. He still couldn’t believe in a blink of an eye, he lost his parents. After all the arguments between Mr Kim and Mrs Kim, Mrs Kim finally gave up and agreed on not shutting Minseok down.

Now he’s on the rooftop, observing the dark sky at night. The cold breeze accompanied him and he doesn’t even shiver with the cold breeze brushing his skin. He folded his knees and brought to his chest while curled his arms around his knees.

‘My parents gone…so am I.’

“Minseok…” Chen called him but Minseok didn’t budge. “I’m sorry,” Chen apologized, sitting beside Minseok.

“You don’t have to, Chen. I’m a robot, remember? Just like what your mom says, I’m heartless,” Chen bit his lower lip, feeling guilty.

“No! You’re not heartless! My dad also said the same thing! Look, I’m sorry for creating you but…”

“I know Chen. You created me because you’re lonely, right?” Minseok mumbled and put his chin on his knees.

“But…” Chen still wanted to apologize.

“No buts! No more apologizing, Chen.” Chen flinched at Minseok’s raised voice.

Realizing that he had raised his voice, he sighed. “I’m sorry, Chen.”

Both of them went silent. Chen started playing his fingers on the cold floor while Minseok stared blankly on the floor.

“Why we should be sad?” Minseok suddenly turned his head to Chen.

“Huh?” Chen was surprised by his sudden change of attitude.

“You should be happy because your mother agreed on not shutting me down right? Come on! Don’t waste your effort on creating me, Chen! I don’t want to waste my lifetime being emo all the time. Let’s create more memories!”

“Wha-What?” Chen blinked in surprised.

“Oh! But not in a gay way,” Minseok added and Chen frowned.

“I told you I’m not gay!” Chen hit Minseok’s back.

“Ouch…” Minseok rubbed his back.

Chen rubbed his red palm, “I regretted created you with steel body.”

“I’ve steel body? Nice~!” Minseok playfully sing sang and earned another smack on the back by Chen.

The harder Chen hits, the more redder his palm became. “You’re annoying as always, hyung…” Chen said sarcastically.

“Thanks for the compliment, lil bro~” Minseok sing sang again. Chen glared at him.

But his frown lips turned upwards into a smile. He enjoyed seeing Minseok, the robot he had created has no difference than the real Minseok. Minseok actually likes to tease Chen a lot ever since they’re small. He felt happy and lively again even though Minseok’s just a robot because the way he treated Chen still remained the same.

“I’m going to sleep now. It’s getting late.” Chen excused himself and stood up.

Chen dust off the dust on his pants, “Aren’t you going to sleep?”

Minseok raised an eyebrow, “A robot can sleep too?”

Chen smiled, “Well, you can. That’s what it says in my dad’s manual.”

“Okay…”

“We can share bed to sleep for tonight only. My dad said he’ll search a bed for you tomorrow.”

Minseok made a face and gave out a fake squeak, “Eeekkk, I don’t want to sleep with you!”

“Stop with that gay jokes already!” Chen kicked on Minseok’s leg and ended up injuring himself. Chen held his one leg up and jumped in pain a few times, “Owowowow! I really REALLY regretted for creating you with steel body!”

“That’s what robots should be created with,” Minseok laughed.

Chen frowned, “Whatever. I’m going to bed. It’s up to you whether you want to sleep or not,” Chen walked away. Before he disappears, he stopped, “Goodnight, Minseok.”

Minseok looked at Chen and smiled. “Goodnight, Chen,” Minseok replied back.

When Chen disappeared from his sight, Minseok looked back to the vacant dark sky with moon shining softly.

“Appa…omma…I miss you,” a single tear flowed down through his cheek.

---

Minseok entered Chen’s room, seeing Chen sleeping soundly on his bed. He smiled but soon his lips turned into downwards. Something made Minseok’s felt uncomfortable seeing the way Chen slept. He isn’t sleeping the way people would do. The way Chen sleeps would make him fall any time on the floor because he’s sleeping on the end of the bed. Minseok knows that Chen gave an empty spot on the bed for him to sleep but he decided not to because he doesn’t want to burden him. Before Chen falls off the bed, Minseok went to Chen and adjusted his position to a normal way. After he finished, he brought up the quilt up to Chen’s neck.

Then, he went out from the room, closing the door slowly while making sure it doesn’t makes any sound. He went downstairs and walked into the dark living room.

“Hmm, where should I sleep?” his eyes wandered, searching for a suitable sofa to sleep.

His eyes dropped on the sofa near a window with moonlight shone through it. He approached the sofa and lied himself on it. Soon his eyes flutter shut and went into sleep mode.

---

“Minseok…” Chen shook Minseok’s body lightly.

Minseok didn’t respond.

“Minseok…” Chen called his name again and shook his body lightly.

Minseok didn’t respond again and Chen started to shake Minseok’s body harder, “Minseok! Wake up!” Chen screamed in Minseok’s ear.

Because of Chen’s screaming, Minseok’s body jolted up with eyes wide opened. Also, Chen was surprised by Minseok’s action and had himself fall back on the floor.

“O-Owww…” Minseok heard Chen’s groan and turned his head towards him, looking at him weirdly.

“Chen? What are you doing on the floor?” Chen shot him a glare and Minseok looked at him innocently.

“You’re the one who made me fall on the floor and hurting my ,” Chen complained.

“Oopps, sorry Chen,” Minseok rubbed his nape.

“Breakfast time!” Mrs Kim’s voice rang through the living room.

“Coming!” Jongin’s voice came from upstairs.

Chen stood up on his own, “Come on! Let’s eat.”

Minseok hesitated to join because he felt like Mrs Kim still doesn’t like him even though she agreed on not shutting him down. She actually likes Minseok but only REAL Minseok. He remembered that Mrs Kim always treat him nicely like her own son too. But now he’s just a robot, programmed with Minseok’s memories. Will Mrs Kim treat him nice too? He’ll never know.

“What are you thinking about, Minseok?” Minseok snapped out from his trance.

He looked at Chen who was waiting for him to join breakfast. “Nothing,” he smiled and placed his feet on the floor.

Before he was about to stood up, he noticed a blanket on his lap. ‘Since when I slept with blanket?’

“Minseok!” Chen called him from the kitchen, interrupting his thoughts about the blanket.

“Okay, I’m coming,” Minseok replied back.

Minseok folded the blanket nicely and placed on the sofa. He went into the kitchen, seeing Mr Kim and Jongin were already on the dining table while Chen was waiting for him. Mrs Kim was still busy making breakfast. Chen took a seat across Jongin and Minseok sat beside Chen. He looked down at his breakfast and thought whether he can eat it or not because he’s a robot.

Chen seemed to have read Minseok’s mind, answered his troubling thoughts. “Don’t worry, Minseok. You can eat anything you want,” Chen said.

Minseok looked at Chen in surprised but replied with a smile later. “Thanks, Chen.”

“You’re welcome,” Chen smiled back and started to dig in his breakfast.

Mr Kim who was busy reading his newspaper, held it lower to see Minseok and Chen.

“Chen, what did you set for him to recharge his energy?” Chen stopped biting his toasted bread.

Mrs Kim sat silently in front of Minseok. Minseok lowered his gaze, afraid to meet Mrs Kim’s eyes.

“Hmm…” Chen thought for awhile. “Ah! I set baozi for him as a recharger!”

Mr Kim was about to spit out his coffee when he heard Chen’s answer. He even nearly choked himself there. “Omo! I thought I wrote different in my manual. I can’t remember what I wrote but I know a way to recharge a robot is not a food.”

Chen laughed awkwardly, “Erm, actually I didn’t follow the whole instructions, appa.”

Mr Kim facepalmed himself. “How are you supposed to recharge him if he’s completely out of energy?”

“No worries appa! I know where I can put baozi if he’s out of energy,” Chen’s left hand tapped on Minseok’s stomach.

Minseok stared at him weirdly but Chen didn’t realize it because he was facing Mr Kim. Mr Kim laughed out loudly, startling everyone on the table.

“You’re sure have a unique idea, Chen!” Mr Kim praised him and continued to laugh. “Well, today I’m going out to search for a bed for Minseok here. You guys better head out too. You know, search for baozi for him to recharge. In case he’s on low energy.”

Chen nodded. Minseok just sat beside him quietly while listening to their conversations. Mrs Kim ate her breakfast quietly, not even bother to join the father’s and son’s conversation. Jongin had finished his breakfast already and went to the sink to wash the plate he used.

After he’s done washing, he dried his hands and made his way out of the kitchen.

“Omma…appa…I’m hanging out with my friends today,” Jongin said.

Mr and Mrs Kim nodded as an ‘okay’ and Jongin went upstairs to change his clothes before going out. Mr Kim folded the newspaper and stood up, leaving the kitchen as well. Mrs Kim had finished her breakfast already and collected Mr Kim and her plate then walked to the sink. Chen and Minseok already finished their breakfast also and proceeded themselves towards the sink.

While Mrs Kim was washing the plates, Minseok offered to help her but Mrs Kim refused.

“It’s okay, Minseokkie. I can do this myself,” Mrs Kim smiled weakly and Minseok nodded.

‘She called me Minseokkie? Feels like I’ve just heard yesterday before I was completely slept.’

Just after he thought about it, he remembered something. He spun around, looking at Mrs Kim’s back.

“Thanks for the breakfast, Mrs Kim. And…for the blanket also,” Mrs Kim didn’t turn nor respond but just continued washing the plates.

“Minseok! You better take a bath. Now!” Chen yelled from upstairs.

Minseok quickly ran out of the kitchen. ‘I really hope she doesn’t hates me.’ Minseok thought while walking up the stairs.

“Hey, do I have to take a bath?” Minseok yelled back.


I'm sorry for the title for this chapter..T.T...I'm so not creative in creating good titles...TT___TT

Hey!Hey!! Have you heard about EXO's comeback???

I've been squealing here and there like crazy!xD

Hahaha~can't wait to see who's photo is going to reveal tomorrow!