Act 4 Part 2

Swan Lake

Leaving Chanhee alone, Jonghyun caught Byunghyun's eye and motioned for him to follow Jonghyun to the wall near the thrones where the hint of guards would make sure their conversation would be private. Byunghyun abandoned the silver tray he was carrying, glancing back at the stranger he was tailing. Byunghyun raised an eyebrow as Jonghyun leaned against the wall and sighed, making him look at Changkyun, not knowing it was Chanhee in disguise. “What's wrong Prince? Is there something wrong with Changhyun?”

Jonghyun chuckled humorlessly, “Oh I don't know, maybe it's the fact that it isn't Changkyun but Chanhee in disguise.” 

Byunghyun's mouth frowned, his arms crossing. “Really? Is it magic?” Jonghyun nodded.  “Yeah, that's not Changhyun. It's Chanhee being forced to look like Changhyun so I could waste my vow of love and lose Changhyun. We need to move fast, so gather my weapons and horses because when I make my vow, everything is going to be exposed. I'm sure Seungho is here so be on the lookout.”

“Well word your vow well as I make haste. Be safe my prince because I think the stranger over near Chanhee is Seungho.” Byunghyun bowed, quickly walking away as Sunny followed him towards the Head Guard. Jonghyun stopped at the buffet table, downing a glass of wine before making his way to where Chanhee was. It was a little funny to see Chanhee trying to escape the group of women interrogating him but time was of the essence. So Jonghyun caught the director's eye who controlled the orchestra, motioning for the music to fade out before he took Chanhee's hand. 

“Sorry ladies, I need him for a bit.” And without waiting for a response, Jonghyun guided Chanhee away with a gentle smile. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around Chanhee, having an opportunity to ask how the poor boy was doing. “How are you doing? Do you need anything before I make my vow?”

Chanhee shook his head, molding his face so it looked like he was so in love with Jonghyun. “I need a pair of strong arms to hold me while you throw your vow into my father's face. Preferably male arms.” 

“Right.” Jonghyun stifled a grin, “I'll make sure Byunghyun gets the message. Now let's get this party really started. When I start, subtly point out your father and I'll make sure the guards surround him. Just make sure you hide behind me.” 

Chanhee nodded and with the music now gone, Jonghyun clapped his hands. The loud noise made the people around him turn and quiet, which in turn made the others do the same. With everyone looking at, including Seungho, Jonghyun started. “To those who are here tonight, thank you for coming. As your prince, I have a responsibility to find a future partner, someone to share my life and kingdom with. Which is what this ball was for.” 

He chuckled, “And I'm not going to lie, I never thought I would find that special someone until a certain prince changed my mind. This night, with this vow, I plan to bridge the kingdoms Capella and Sirena. When I heard the rumors that Sirena's prince was missing, I didn't think anything about it except a prayer that the kingdom would eventually find him, not knowing that I would stumble upon him and fall deeply for him.”

Jonghyun looked up, imagining Changhyun and his lovely smile. “I make a vow of everlasting love to Crown Prince Changhyun, to whom my heart sings for. The universe is nothing like my love for you, which burns brighter than any star. You fill the void in my heart and with this vow, I promise everything.” 
I love you Changhyun, and I thought I'd never find anyone like you. Magic please hear me and know my intent. I love Changhyun, the one whom Seungho has taken from me. Help me and let me save him. 

With Jonghyun's vow, the windows and doors surrounding the crowd bursted open with fierce winds. Screams and gasps filled the air as the winds were almost strong enough to rip the clothes off people. And with those winds, magic rushed into the room where nobody but Seungho and Chanhee could see it. The tendrils of magic wrapped around Seungho, turning red before moving onto Chanhee, where they turned a bright baby blue. Chanhee grinned with victory as Seungho glared at him, his hands turning into fists. Magic knew and Magic was going to help them. 

Seungho felt his skin burn, the magic inside himself twisting and making feel nauseous. He knew Jonghyun's vow was accepted by Magic herself and with that, he felt the connection between himself and Changhyun snap. The curse was broken and with that, Chanhee's disguise melted off. The crowd gasped, Byunghyun running to join Jonghyun with swords and bows in hand. With Chanhee pointing, the guards surrounded Seungho, who watched as Jonghyun took his bow from Byunghyun. “I know it's you Seungho. It's over.”

Byunghyun stood in front of Chanhee as Seungho stepped forward, everyone pulling away from him. Jonghyun pulled his hand a little back, making sure he could let an arrow fly. “Did you feel that? Did you feel the fact that you lost? That I was able to make my vow and free the both of them?”

Seungho ran his hand through his hair, unwilling to admit that his plan fell through. He clapped slowly, shaking his head. “I must admit you are persistent but all you have is a worthless boy who couldn't play his part right. I still have one card up my sleeve and it's currently hanging above some crocodiles.” And with a twirl of his hand, Seungho disappeared in a cloud of darkness.

After a moment of silence, Jonghyun moved. “Byunghyun! Ready my horse and let's go. Sunny take care of Chanhee and get him some food.” Chanhee grabbed Jonghyun's shoulder as he was about to push through the crowd. “Jonghyun my father's true form is a dragon and if  you kill my father in that form, any spell he has cast will be broken.”

“Why?”

“Because when he’s killed in that form, my father will be erased from ever existing. It’s his price to pay since he sold his soul to the devil.” 

“What about you? If he disappears, won’t you?” Chanhee shook his head. “He’s not my real father. He kidnapped me as a child and raised me as his own. I didn’t even know until he punished me one day.  He told me that I was the most pathetic child he just had to kidnap. Anyways Jonghyun! You need to aim for his chest. Aim for his unbeating heart, It will be that huge ruby in his chest.”

Jonghyun nodded, briskly running out of the castle, ignoring his parents' calls for him to come back. Byunghyun was waiting for him, holding out his horse. “Here, I'll stay here and explain. Bring him back and don't die.” Jonghyun climbed on, the path to Changhyun memorized. His sword dug into his side as he leaned to the left, tugging the reins to make his trusty stead go faster. A roar rung out throughout the forest around then, making Jonghyun swear. 

Hold on Changhyun, I'm coming.