The Desire One

Bi’trei

 

 

 

 

"Didn't expect to find you here again."

 

Chaerin looked up and see her ex-instructor stood in front of her. With many things in her mind she accidentally forgot his involvement in their "escape."

 

She set the files down and gave him a smile. "Yeah, weird how fate works, huh? They actually want me here now."

 

"I hear you're in a fair amount of trouble."

 

Chaerin’s smile turned into grimace. "Tell me about it."

 

Lieutenant Choi SeungHyun a.k.a TOP knelt so that he was eye level with her, resting his arms on the table where she sat. "Were you successful? Was it worth it?"

 

"That's a hard question to answer."

 

He arched an eyebrow.

 

"There were some . . . not so successful things that happened. But we did find out what we wanted to know, well, we think we did."

 

His breath caught. "There is a way to restore their soul?"

 

"I think so. If our source was telling the truth, then yeah. Except, even if he was . . . well, it's not that easy to do. It's nearly impossible, really."

 

"Explain it." Chaerin saw that haunted look in his eyes again. The pain of losing his love life still tormented him.

 

"It takes a spirit user," she explained. "Spirit . . ." That element was still foreign but not to him. "Like Ms. Park."

 

As always, his face took on that same sad look whenever Ms. Park was mentioned. Chaerin never really seen him truly happy since meeting him and thought is genuine smile ever appear at that good dam handsome face of his.

 

He suddenly seemed embarrassed at his romantic lapse and returned to business. "You know any spirit user?"

 

"None," Chaerin said flatly. "Dara and Thunder are the only two spirit users I ever know."

 

"Neither of them has the skill to do it, you know that as well as I do. And Thunder has no interest in it anyway."

 

Being sharp as usual, he picking up on what she didn't say. "But Dara does?"

 

"Yes," Chaerin admitted. "But it would take her years to learn to do it. If not longer. And she is the last of her line. She can't be risked like that."

 

The truth of her words hit him and she couldn't help but share his pain and disappointment. She had just affirmed that it was possible . . . yet impossible.

 

He sighed and stand up. "Well . . . I appreciate you going after this. Sorry your punishment is for nothing."

 

Chaerin shrugged. "It's okay. It was worth it."

 

"I hope . . ." His face turned hesitant. "I hope it ends soon and doesn't affect anything."

 

"Affect what?" She asked sharply catching the edge in his voice.

 

"Just . . . well, guardians who disobey orders sometimes face long punishments."

 

"Oh. This." She tried not to show how much that possibility scared her. "I'm sure they were bluffing. I mean would they really make me do this forever just because I ran away and..." She stopped, hanging open. She heard long ago how he'd tried to track down Ms. Park, but it never really hit her until now. No one would have approved his search. He would leave on his own, breaking protocol and come skulking back when he finally gave up on locating her.

 

"Is that . . ." she swallowed. "Is that why you . . . were send to work down here instead of became an instructor?"

 

He didn't answer her question. Instead, he glanced down with a small smile and pointed at her stacks of paper. "F comes before L," he said before turning and leaving.

 

"Damn," Chaerin muttered looking down. He was right. Apparently, she was in this kind of works.

 

She tries to reconnect her mind with Dara again because she wanted to know what she was doing .......she didn't want to think about how what she done would probably be considered worse in the eyes of other guardians or........ worse....... punishment that might be in store for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IN HER PANICKED MIND, she’s getting up and running full speed to the Court house despite it being miles and miles away and it seemed like a totally solid plan. A moment later, she knew this was out of her league. Way, way out of her league.

 

 

 

 

Only you can. You're the one Seungri wants.