A panic in a Pagoda

Bi’trei

 

 

 

Chaerin decide to find Dara. She was taken to stay at her room for recovery. She opened the door to the princess’s room and made a quick enter.

 

"Are you okay?" Dara asked. In spite of everything else that had happened, she never stopped worrying about her.

 

"Yeah, fine." Physically, at least. "You?"

 

She nodded. "Fine."

 

"You look good," Chaerin said. "Last night . . . I mean, I was pretty scared.

 

"Yeah," she said, looking away from her. She seemed nervous and uncomfortable.

 

"You're going to see Seungri?"

 

"Chae--"

 

"It's perfect.” Chaerin said eagerly. "I'll go with you. I was just over there and they wouldn't let me in."

 

"Chae--" Dara looked very uncomfortable now.

 

"They gave me some bull and they couldn't let me in. But if you're going, they'll have to let me."

 

"Chaerin," she said firmly, finally breaking through her chatter. "You can't go."

 

"I--what?" she replayed her words just in case she had misheard them. "Of course I can. I need to see him. You know I do. And he needs to see me."

 

Dara slowly shook her head, still looking nervous and sympathy. "You can't see him."

 

All her eagerness that had fire, froze up. She was dumbstruck, confused more than anything.

 

"Chae, you can't go." This time there was sadness in Dara's voice that was mirrored through the bond and flooding into her. "He asked me . . . told me specifically not to let you come. That he doesn't want to see you."

 

"That's not true."

 

"Isn't it?" Dara gave her a pointed look. Knowing that she could feel the truth in her words.

 

"But that . . . it can't . . . " Chaerin was at loss for words.

 

"I'm sorry," Dara said. Their bond betrayed how much she hated telling her unpleasant things.

 

Chaerin stared at her pleadingly. "But why? Why would he say that? Of course he wants to see me. He must be confused. . . ."

 

"I don't know. All I know is what he told me. I'm so sorry." Dara reached for her to give a hug but she stepped away. Her head was still reeling.

 

"I'll go with you anyway. I'll wait outside with the other guardians. Then, when you tell Seungri that I'm there, maybe he will change his mind."

 

"I don't think that a good idea," she said. "He seemed really serious about you not coming."

 

"But he loves me. He needs me." Chaerin didn’t realize that she been shouting at Dara.

 

"I'm just do what he said. It's all so confusing . . . please. Don't put me in this position. Just . . . wait and see what happens. ."

 

WELL THAT REALLY .