Love letter

Bi’trei

 

 

  

There’s a big difference between death threats and love letters--even if the person writing the death threats still claims to actually love you. Of course, considering I once tried to kill someone I loved, maybe I had no right to judge.

 

Despite his "warm wishes" I didn't really find the letter inspiring as I tossed it onto my bed and blearily left the room. I tried not to let his words get to me, though it was kind of impossible to not be creeped out by something like that.

 

There is no place in this world you can hide from me.

 

I didn't doubt it. I knew he had spies. Since my former turned-lover had been turned into an evil, undead, he also become a sort of leader among them--something I'd helped speed along when I killed the former boss.

 

It was like a giant safety blanket. I was untouchable at the Academy, but his letters had clearly stated he'd be waiting for me to leave those boundaries.

 

And even though I'd left hidden in a trunk, there was a strong possibility that he was already in pursuit.

 

We'd barely have a few hours of night to guard against, and if we pulled this off quickly, we'd be out in hardly any time at all. Of course, that might not be such a good thing. We'd lose the sun.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

AND ONE OF THEM. . . ONE OF THEM . . .“No," Chaerin breathed. She was pretty sure no one had noticed what she had spotted.

 

No, no, no, she said, this time to herself. He'd warned me. Over and over, he'd said in his letters that as soon as I was out of the safety zone, he would be coming for me. I'd believed him and yet . . . seeing the reality of it was a totally different thing.

 

It had been three months, but in that instant, a million memories ran through my mind. The way his mouth--so, so warm, despite his cold skin--had kissed me. The feel of his fangs pressing into my neck and the sweet bliss that followed . . .

 

He looked exactly the same too, with that chalky white paleness and red ringed eyes that so conflicted with the soft, chin-length brown hair and otherwise gorgeous lines of his face.

 

"Get out!" Chaerin yelled.

 

My comrades didn't have my luck. A very big vampire shoved past them and they flung against the wall. But they immediately came back from the hit and were able to lunge toward the vampire and engage him fully.

 

And me? My attention was on Seungri.