Save me from myself

Yongguk One Shots

 

This is an old scenario, but i love it!!  If you want to check out the song that inspire me is this one.   Save my from myself  from Christina Aguilera.  Just for ambience lol.    Don't be afraid to leave comments and what not.  

Love, Adm. Luna


 

 

The only thing you could do right now was to grasp tightly the strap of your guitar case that hanged close to your chest. It almost felt like that simple strap was making sure your heart didn’t fall to pieces on the floor.  Somehow this was the best thing to do, to hold it tight, turning your finger tips red.  You didn't dare to let your eyes wonder around the apartment. They were glued to them, only them.  To make things even more painful, Yongguk's pleading eyes were on you the whole time. It was as if he could easily read your thoughts, your soul.

You asked yourself ‘Why did I answer his phone call? Why did I even bother to come? Why am I still hopeful? Why can't I just turn around and leave this idiot behind?’

So here you were at the door, gazing at the man you love but can't be with because now he belonged to someone else. There was nothing you could do.  No one you could fight with because you didn't have him.  You were merely his friend.  A friend who was a victim of fantasies that made her write endless songs for him to never hear. So why were you so afraid to lose him...?

The room stood silent once they noticed you arrived.  Their eyes went from Yongguk to you, waiting for a reaction.  Somehow everyone knew this night was going to be rather the topic of the week. The way you were standing at the front door was like a scene from a drama.  Everything was frozen like a cliffhanger waiting to happen.

Wait, you recognized her, it was Suzi. ‘Great, just great!’

She instantly knew you were a threat, because his eyes never left yours. So, she stood her ground and grabbed his hand. Not only grabbed it more like intertwined her fingers with his making it like a special bond.

Defeated, you lowered your eyes to the ground and thought ‘If he is happy I’m happy… But why the hell did he want me to come? You don’t have to rub it in my face Yongguk’ Swallowing hard and pushing every feeling you had down your throat, you raised one of your hands and said with the biggest smile you could pull off,

"Guess who brought some tasty take out?" With that Daehyun appeared in front of you giving you cute peck on the cheek and said out loud, taking the bags from your hand, 

"That's why you will always be my favorite Noona!" 

So you only like me because I bring you food?" You pinched his cheek given him your famous glare. 

“Well…” He said with a teasing tone. You kicked him lightly and shoved him towards the kitchen table. “Just get your over there Jung Daehyun”

Everybody in the room smiled shyly as how easily you brushed off what was before your eyes.  You went around the room and said hi to everyone, with a little chit chat here and there. Your pride was the last thing you were going to lose tonight. Besides, if he was with another girl it didn’t concern you. You were merely his friend.

But that word was the exact thing that hurt you the most.  Why was it so impossible for you to be with this young man?  No, it wasn’t because he was an artist or his social status.  You couldn’t care less about that.  It was a deeper reason and this night told you exactly what it was.

Everyone decided to go to the rooftop to breathe some fresh air.  Actually, it was your idea to go to there.  It was almost a whisper but Himchan made it load enough for everyone to hear.  You wanted to get out of that stupid apartment and move around. Not be trapped with these thoughts that where swirling around like a mad tornado.

The sound of everyone going up the stairs echoed loudly against the walls. It was particularly the echo of Yongguk and Suzy footsteps’, because they were right behind you.  Every thud made you angrier and frustrated.  You wanted to leave before your feelings were exposed, because your little façade was about to be dropped.  You could no longer handle that knot on your throat, that pressure in your chest and the burning of your eyes.

Once you reached the door to the rooftop you could sense the smell of rain.  Lost with the smell you heard someone clearing their throat.  It was the beautiful girl; she was standing behind you waiting for you to move.  Right behind her was Yongguk, so just to be polite you said,

Mianhamnida” You slightly bowed, you grabbed forcefully the door knob, pushing the door completely opened so they can go inside.  Suzy gracefully went in and you watched her as she took the nearest seat.  In the split of second you answer was revealed.

The way she projected herself and absorbed the world around her was dainty.  You wanted to hate her but it was impossible.  She was a fallen angel. Even the slightness of things were now magnified before your eyes.   The way she laughed, the way she pushed her hair behind her ear, the way she sat, even her hands.   Yes, her hands.  They looked so soft compared to yours that were rough for your passion of playing guitar. She was indeed so well put together.  You… well not so much.

You waited for Yongguk to go in but instead, you felt his right hand on top of yours that was on the door knob. It felt so right and so wrong.  Perfectly warm for this freezing night, but cold enough to make reality more cynical.

 “__________ ah listen I-“ His voice came soft and pleading, You cut him off by taking your hand off the door knob.

“My God I forgot my guitar! Zelo do you want me to play a song for you? Of course, okay I’ll go get it.”  Quickly, you went down the stairs and bumped into Himchan.

“Kwenchana?” Looking at your red eyes.

Ne, kwenchana” You move passed him and went inside the apartment. 

Standing in front of the sink you felt slowly how you were crumbling.  You smacked the kitchen counter with anger “DAMN IT!” You absolutely hated crying, for you it meant being weak.  But right now you were and it frustrated you.  You heard someone entering the kitchen.

Kim Himchan I said I was fine” 

Soft hands s around your waist. He rested his chin on your shoulder and whispered close to your ear,

“Why are you crying?”

Ple- Please… Don’t ask me why” You answered with a trembling voice. He made you turn around so you could burry your face on his chest.  Next to him you were so little and fragile.  With him you felt protected, although he was the one breaking you at the same time. He swayed you slowly and hummed a song to calm you down.  Once you did, you took a deep and raised your head and faced him.  You wanted to explained your thoughts.  It was now or never. 

Oppa… I- I get it.  I get why you like her.  She’s so pretty and nice and even funny.  I- I even tried to hate her but I couldn’t.  I couldn’t because I knew that I could see her as my friend.  But you know what killed me?  That I could never be her… I could never stand next to her.  I…” You started crying again and you forcefully wiped away your teardrops that were falling against your skin.

Shhh shhh” He cupped your face and with his thumbs wiped more falling tears.  “I’m going to fix this. Just please-” You heard some footsteps and with that you pushed him away. 

There’s nothing to fix, Oppa.  I just need you to be happy. For me, please” You kissed his cheek and went out to grab your guitar.  When you reached the living room, Suzy was standing there waiting. 

I hope we can be friends.  We should go drink some coffee or something…” These words were sincere. She responded with a faint smile and a nod.

Reaching the rooftop everyone was silent, wearing the same expression they had when you arrived earlier.  Being your strong, independent self you shouted,

“I swear to God, if you guys don’t change that stupid face before they come back I will hit you with my guitar.”

Taking you guitar out of the case, you sat down and everyone huddled around you.  You started to set your guitar’s intonation and heard them arrive.

You can stay if you like”

“It’s okay…  Oppa, if anything goes wrong, well, you know where to find me” And she left.

“About time she leaves” Yongjae said with a exasperated tone. You wanted to shot him a look but his girl, Dami, took care of it by smacking his arm.

Go after her Yongguk you might regret it” You said strumming some chords.

I will regret everything once step out the door _________ah.  Here’s where I belong and nowhere else”

You slowly raised your eyes to where he was.   His eyes were on the floor making the dim lights cast shadows across his face.  You were happy but regretful.  You knew you were selfish.  Because of you Suzy left and made things complicated between them.  Clearing your throat, you asked Zelo,

What song do you want me to play?”

“Huh, uh I don’t know Noona.” He looked nervous because of the tense atmosphere and hating the fact you were using him to avoid Yongguk.  Then he grinned “Just something that sounds like you they way you feel right now”.

“What I feel right now… Araso” Putting you guitar on your lap you started to sing ‘Save me from myself’from Christina Aguilera.  This was exactly how you felt.

“It's not so easy loving me
It gets so complicated
All the things you've gotta be
Everything's changing
But you're the truth
I'm amazed by all your patience
Everything I put you through”

With the corner of your eye, you saw how everyone was sawing from side to side.  Your voice was full of emotion and everyone noticed.  You raised your eyes again and gaze at his eyes.  You wanted to say so many things but its very wrong idea, the next part your voice came weak and even your lips were quivering.

Don't ask me why I'm cryin
Cuz when I start to crumble
You know how to keep me smilin
You always save me from my- my”

With that Yongguk walked forward and took your guitar from your hands, making you stand up.   He circled his other free hand around your waist, pulling you close.  

Shhh please” He pressed gently his lips on yours and then moved back to look at your eyes for reassurance. “Don’t cry baby” He then kissed you needier and with desperation, like he wanted to do this for so long.  He even let go your guitar passing it to the nearest person.  Now with his free hands he could tangle his long fingers in your hair.  Breaking the kiss to speak and gasp for air, he said,

Look at me, she’s nothing. Okay? Nothing compared to you” He then kissed your eyelids, then your cheeks and again your lips.  His words were now coming out nonstop “Tonight _______ it was supposed to be special.  Yes, I called because I wanted you all for myself.  Can’t you see? I can’t stand being your friend anymore, I wanted more. I wanted this! Tonight… I was going to tell you how much you mean to me. But, she appeared out of nowhere and ruined everything.  I’m- I’m terribly sorry for making you cry. I-“ 

You shut him up by pressing your lips against him and it worked.  No words came out off his mouth just simply him melting against your lips.

When you guys broke the kiss, you then remembered you were being watched by all your friends.  But, Yongguk’s reaction was instead of shocked, he was actually amused. 

“I swear, tonight was better than watching a drama” Jonggup said with a sigh.

“You got to give it to Yongguk he was very passionate, with his kiss and all” Himchan. chuckled.

“Yeah but ____________ was very touching with her voice soulful.  You can’t possibly top that Yongguk” Dami said with sweet smile. She was always a softie for sweet moments like this.  Were they seriously commenting about the events of this night? You could only groan and burry your face on Yongguk’s chest. 

Yah you guys leave my Jagiya alone.”  You felt him laugh quietly   He then lowered his head and whisper sweetly just for you to hear. “She may be pretty but you… You are beautiful inside and out

 


Who's excited for the Comeback?!  I know I am!