And the winner is...

Yongguk One Shots

 

I really enjoyed writing this one shot!  And with a little help from my buddy Dami (and her encouragement) I finished it!.  Hope you guys like it as much as I do 

Adm. Luna


I looked at the clock and it made me rest my head on my folded arms that were on the computer desk.  It was already one a.m. and here I was watching video after video that were sent for the contest.  Up till now, not one of them has given me the vibe of a fresh new director.  Someone that fulfills an artsy vision for our come back music video.  The rules were simple, pick a song, any song from B.A.P., and create an original video.  But these contestants weren’t even trying.

I clicked on the next video sighing loudly.  The song that the contestant picked was Going Crazy

Isn’t this song a little bit over done?”  I thought to myself, even so I kept watching.  Fading from black, a beautiful, foreigner girl appeared on screen holding the camera in front of her.   With that my body sat straight capturing my attention.  Her features were so different, so alluring for my eyes.  She placed the camera on top of an old piano that seemed to be on her living room.  Locking eyes with the camera, she pushed away her bangs and said in a shaky voice,

“Hi…. My name is _______________.” I also said it out loud to always remember her name.  “You may ask yourself why I picked the song Going Crazy. Honestly, when hear this song I see a whole different story. A story that society is afraid to speak of.”

I saw her placing her fingertips on the keys, playing the intro, swaying her body back and forth.  A faint smile appeared on her face pleased with the sound.  From the background I saw her Mom doing the dishes.  She was drying a glass with a cloth as she rested her body on the wall looking straight at __________, also pleased of how she played it. 

 _____________shi turned around to look at her mother.  Smiling at her she asked,

“You like how it came out Umma?” She nodded but when she locked eyes with her, her mother’s face turned frighten as if something bad was going to happen.  That’s when I heard the song start.

Sarangi anya.  Igeun sarangi anya…” Hearing Ji Eun’s voice softly in the background, the front door flew open, coming in a drunken man. 

He stumbled on his feet as he took off his shoes. It seemed like it was ____________’s Appa, he looked a lot like her.  His eyes went to her mother and I read on the subtitles what he spitted out with anger in his first language,

“What the hell are you looking at? And what is this mess? I go to work all day, busting my and here you are doing nothing. Can’t you do anything right? ”  He charged to her grabbing her upper arm, making the glass fall on the ground, breaking into pieces.   “Look at me when I talk to you.” 

“I was cleaning” She said with tears rolling down her face. He slapped her, throwing her then at the floor. 

I thought in desperation What the hell is going on? Do something _____________shi!

But when the camera focused on her, her face was emotionless.  Then it went back to her mother and she was just laying on the floor alone.  Her Dad wasn’t there anymore…

She stood up and I could hear my voice saying loudly “Neon neon neon. Neon jeol-dae nae-ga-seo ddeol-eo-jil su eobs-eo!”, while she was grabbing her mom hands as she cried.  ______________ said firmly,

“Mom… MOM! He’s not here anymore.  Is just you and me… He is not here” She hugged her tightly as her mom cried uncontrollably against her chest.  ______________ looked away holding back her emotions as she rocked her back and forth. 

Was this all in her mother’s mind?”

All I could do was catch my breath when another scene came up.  It was her getting ready for school walking down the streets of Seoul.  She entered the subway train while plugging in her earphones just closing her eyes, ignoring the stern faces from the other students.   When she got out of the train a group of Korean girls pushed her, making her fall on the floor.  They even stepped on one of her hands and kicked her backpack to the side.  Even so she kept an emotionless expression.  You couldn’t tell exactly what was going on inside her head which was heartbreaking.

Then after class she walked out and did the same, plugging in her earphones lip singing the words,

Sa-ra-jyeo beo-ryeo.  Geu-man jom ggeo-jyeo beo-ryeo...” Only to be pushed against the wall by the same group of girls.  The group leader touched a strand of hair that was on in front of her face and with a mocking gaze she said,

“I don’t know why you keep trying you’ll never fit in.  You’re a stinking foreigner… Get it through your head” That last sentence she said it while her index finger poked her temple.

 But _______________’s emotionless face turned into rage.  She clutched her fits and punched her straight in the nose and launched herself on top of her, only to be pulled out by a teacher.  Mindlessly, I also clutched my hands seeing how unfair her life was.

Then all the music faded away.  This made me confused as everything transitioned to silence.

 But then I heard a faint snapping of fingers to beat of song. ___________shi shy voice was heard as she sang along to Crash.  I couldn’t hold back a chuckle hearing the way she was singing louder and louder.

The focus of the camera was on what it looked like an edge of a rooftop.  Then I saw her school’s shoes.  Then one of her legs resting on the edge of the rooftop.  Her school blue uniform flowed down and her Ipod was resting on her chest.  And she wore a genuine smile with her eyes closed.

She was happy as she sang along to the song,

Gaseumi gojangnan geotcheoreom
Nan sarange buri nago

She did a cute heart with her hands and swayed her head to the beat.  She even did the “Help me Help me” move.  She was happy in her own little world.  And I had the feeling that she was always listening to our music to distract herself from reality.  Maybe all our fans do the same.  A moment of freedom with music. 

As she sings to Crash, I heard a weak sound of cars passing by.  The cameras focused on how high she was and the way one of her legs was dangling on the edge.  My heart caught on my throat as she sat down on the edge, looking down.  She wiped her tears with anger. Then her voice got weak and shaky when she said the last words of the chorus.

Where you are~ neol gidaryeo…

That’s it? She dies?!” I said getting closer to my laptop when everything faded to black.  This girl got me all through of these emotions and then she dies at the end.  Well it seems like she did…  

I was about to click out of full screen when her voice resonated on my ears again and I sighed.  She appeared on the screen with her crew members for the video.  _______________ waved at the camera and said,

“Hope you like our video Yongguk!”

Do I like it?  I love it! She wanted to get my attention? Well she caught it. ______-shi you've intrigued me.  Honestly, I'm curious to find out what's really on your mind, I want to find out more about the girl behind the screen with the beautiful smile.

 


You guys should listen to this Acapella of Crash .  It's sooo cute!  It reminds me of icecream... Now i want icecream lol.  Anyways, B.A.P. is just adorable in this song.

Bunch of Dorks lol.