Fireworks

Yongguk One Shots

 

The smell of smoke surrounded us and invaded my nostrils, constricting my lungs and watering our eyes.  The cold pavement was our bed while my worn out body was her blanket.  The only sound I could hear was the way we catch our breath in a desperate manner, longing for air.  But we need to get up.  We need to keep running away from the smoke and what it surrounds us. 

All around there were people fighting and screaming.  I couldn’t help but feel scared for this could be the last time I see her face.

 I frantically looked for a way to escape.  Once I spotted one, I tried to pull us both to our feet but I felt her tug my shirt.  I looked down and saw her glossy eyes wanting to leave a trail down her cheeks.

Baby what’s wrong? A-are you hurt? Tell me!” 

She shook her head and closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears.  She caressed my arms to calm me down and said in a quivering voice, one I’ve never heard from her before,

“Oppa… I’m scared”

Of wh-“

I’m scared of loosing you!”

No, no, no!”   I said out of breath.  I moved the damp strands of her that were clinging on to her face.  “We can’t give up now. We’re almost there. We just have to keep going.”  Her eyes were still closed and her breathing was slowing down.

Jagiya look at me.” She opened her eyes slowly and wincing at the sound of a bomb exploding. “Tonight could be the last time that I might say these words so listen very closely.  You are the only one I want to spent my life with so don’t ever close your eyes, understand? You and I, until the end.”

She nodded and quickly wiped her tears. I was about to pull her to her feet but the loud booming sound of a bomb that detonate made us jump.  Her face was illuminated by the different objects enlightening the sky, each followed by an explosion.  I wanted to desperately comfort my little warrior, my comrade, my all.

I lie down next to her and pointed to the sky,

Let’s pretend those lights are fireworks that shine above us all.  Don’t you think they are beautiful ______ah ?” 

Ne… They are.”  She chuckled nervously, playing along.

Just like our first date on the park where we watched the fireworks.  That was a great night.  So let’s pretend this night is that night, okay?”  She nodded, cuddling against my chest.  I kissed her shoulder and whispered,

___________…” I gazed at her eyes also holding back my tears. 

“Ne?”

I hovered above her, sustaining myself with my left arm while my right hand was on her hip.   I couldn’t hold back and said “If we die tonight I want you to know that I love you and I will always love you.”  My lips lingered on her lips trying to let these words get swallowed by her and let them find away to her heart permanently.  

The next thing I know, her hands grabbed my neck and kissed me like she has never done before.  It was hungry but at the same time slow.  It was bittersweet.

 Her fingertips were caressing my nape and tangling them in my hair.  How I wished this kiss would last forever.  But she broke the kiss and then pecked my lower lip lovingly again and again.   Suddenly, she pushed me off her and said,

“And I love you too.  But tonight these bastards wont kill us. It would be a lucky shot if they did.  Like you said, we can’t give up.  Come on, we need to look for the others and set the plan”.

She pulled my hand and I jumped to the balls of my feet to start running after her.  My hand grasped hers tightly not wanting to let go.  A smile appeared on my lips because my lil warrior was back, pushing away her fears.  But one day Jagi, one day we will have peace again and you wont have to worry about the ‘fireworks’.   

It was almost like she heard my thoughts.  She turned around and smiled at me.  I winked at her as I caught up with her and started to lead the way once again. 


 

Hello guys!!!! Luna here :3   I hope you guys are doing good.  Me well not so much.  These past weeks have been a pain in the .  I got the flu and went to doctor.  And ughhhhh.  So many things.  But do you like this update???  I love it 'cus it was actually an idea foir another series Dami and I had that's called Unbreakable.  This was actually going to be in the story but in a Music Video type of scene.  .... The weird thing was that then BAP cameback with Badman and we were like waaaaaaaat.   But yeah a Riot Scene me likey.   I got the idea from the riot of Vancouver

 

But anways have a nice weekend my dear ones.   Peace out!