Broken pt.2

~Leaving with a broken heart~

 

Here's the part two~ Aja!


 

Again, I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head just like the previous days. I quickly searched my pocket to look for my phone but I can’t find it. Heck my pants doesn’t even have pockets in it. I tried recalling what I wore last night and I’m sure I wore jeans. I stood up from the bed and went to the door.

But before I could even reach the door, my eyes went wide when I saw my reflection on the mirror. I was wearing an oversized white t-shirt with the words ‘SM TOWN’ printed on it and a black sweat pants. So that’s why I can’t find my phone. Wait, then where are my own clothes? I panicked and quickly searched for it around the room. I rummaged all the drawers and closets, feeling familiar as though I have seen it before. After opening all the furniture just to find it empty I decided to just go outside and ask whoever helped me last night.

“Hey” A voice suddenly called my attention and I turned around only to gasp when I saw who it was. But before I could even utter a word, you threw my phone to me. I was still able to catch it although I am still staring at you.

“Your boyfriend has been calling you non-stop since this morning. You better call him back” You turned your back and was about to walk away when I called your name, making you stop.

“Kyu, I-I ahh………….” I began to speak but no words would come out of my mouth.

“If you’re looking for your clothes, just ask the receptionist on the lobby. You still know the way right?” You questioned me, making me lift my eyebrows. Still know the way? Have I ever been in this place? I took a quick glance at the surroundings. Everything seems familiar. The couch, the LED tv, the counter, the stool, even the door of the rooms. Wait, is this your penthouse? I was about to ask you when you cut me off.

“Your boyfriend must be worrying about your safety” You said, cringing a bit when the word ‘boyfriend’ passed your lips. You pointed to me where the door is but I didn’t pay any attention to it and instead, I grabbed hold of your right wrist.

“Kyu, we need to talk” I tightened my grip around your wrist.

“You should go now” You told me with cold eyes. I did not know that you could be this cold. Your eyes show no emotions at all.

“Please Kyu. Just listen to me. I can explain” I begged you. Feeling my hold loosening, I quickly held it firmly, giving it a squeeze although my wound is burning.

“I don’t need your explanation. We’re already over” You spat out to me. I tried controlling my tears as my eyes began to sting.

“P-please, listen” You just scoffed at my pleads. It hurts.

“LISTEN?! Did you ever listen to me before leaving and cheating behind my back?! Did you Sooyoung?! Did you?!” You spat out angrily “Now you want me to listen to you. How ironic”

I didn’t know when I started crying but my face is all wet now because of my tears. All the things you said are like a painful stabbed in my heart. I felt like I was being ripped apart inside and out. You then shook your hand to release my hold and walk away, leaving me helpless and sobbing like a baby. I chuckled as I remembered this scene. I also did this to you, not caring to look back to see how you’re doing. Guess it’s really bad to mess with karma.

I slammed my body down on the floor and continued to cry. Not caring if my bleeding hand is creating a smudged on my face. I don’t care anymore. For the past three years, I just want to correct my mistakes. I just want to explain everything to you. I don’t care if you will forgive me or not, I just want to tell you the truth. With a heavy and hoarse voice, I began to tell you the real reason.

 



 

~flashback~

 

*ping*

 

From: Evil Kyu’s mom

Sooyoung, meet me at the Butterfly Café at 3:00 pm.

I want to discuss something with you.

Don’t be late.

 

I stared at the text message and wondered. I only met your mom two or three times when we had dinner in your house. We never really talk that much. Just a simple exchange of ‘hi, hello and how are you’. I was fonder of talking to your father. He’s really funny and well-composed.

I was about to ask you if you want to come with me but I remembered that you might be busy with your company. I looked at the time and it’s already 2:04 pm. I quickly jumped to the bathroom and took a shower.

After dressing up, I hurriedly went outside and hail a cab. Although I only met her twice or thrice, I know she’s really punctual in time. I paid the driver and went inside the café. She’s already sitting beside the glass window sipping a coffee with a large briefcase beside her.

I took quick steps towards her and bowed “Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Cho” She greeted me back and gestured me to sit down.

“What do you want to discuss about Mrs. Cho?” I politely asked as I sipped the coffee she handed me.

“I really don’t like you for my son” She said straight to the point. And if not for the napkin covering my mouth I would certainly spat out the coffee onto her face.

“E-excuse me? Are you alright Mrs. Cho?” I tried not to sound awkward after hearing what she said and instead of answering my question, she pulled the briefcase I saw earlier and placed it on the table.

“I hope this will make you leave my son alone” She opened the briefcase and my eyes was greeted with a lot money. The case is packed with money. I could hear inanimate whispers from the people inside the café, they probably think that I was just after the money and not the guy.

 “I’m sorry Mrs. Cho but I can’t accept it” I stood up and bowed before turning my heels.

“If you want more then I’ll-----“ I cut her off.

“It’s not about the money. I love Kyuhyun for who he is, not his wealth. I’m sorry but I will never leave your son” I kept my gaze on her not bothering to use honorifics anymore. I can’t believe that all this time, she thought that I was after your money. I exited the café and went directly to your penthouse.

I saw you taking off your coat, indicating that you had just arrived from work. I contemplated if I should tell you what happened between your mother and me but I chose not to. I saw how close you really are with one another and I don’t want to ruin that. Maybe this is just a trial in our relationship. I just hope someday, she would accept me. And with that, I went to the room and slept.

 

*ping*

 

From: Evil Kyu’s mom

I want you to meet someone.

Someone who is appropriate for my son.

Same place same time.

 

I don’t know if I should comply with her after seeing she wants me to meet someone who’s more appropriate for you. Is she trying to mock me? Just the thought of it makes my blood boil. I sighed, I’ll show her and that ‘someone’ that I’m already good enough for you.

I went to the café but I didn’t see her. I became confused, she had never been late, and she’s always on time. I was about to call you when a tap landed on my shoulder. I looked around and saw a beautiful girl, probably younger than me.

“Excuse me, are you Ms. Choi Sooyoung?” She asked me. So this is the girl that woman is talking about.

“Yes, and you are?” I smiled at her.

“My name’s Seo Joohyun but please, do call me Seohyun” She also replied with a beautiful smile, showing her perfectly pearl teeth.

“So, Seohyun-ssi, where is Mrs. Cho?” I asked as we placed our order on the counter.

“Auntie said that she can’t come that’s why she sends me here to accompany you. I hope you don’t mind” She timidly replied while fiddling with her fingers. I unconsciously smiled to her cuteness. But I quickly shook those thoughts when I remembered my real intention. I want to know what makes Seohyun the right girl for you.

“Of course I don’t mind. It’s really awkward hanging out with someone who’s much older than I am” We both laughed and proceeded to sit.

“I know. By the way, how old are you Sooyoung-ssi?”

“I’m 21. You?”

“I’m 20. So, can I call you unnie?” She grinned at me.

“Only if you allowed me to call you Seohyun.”

“Deal” We both shook hands and laugh together. All throughout the day, we spent talking, laughing and sharing stories with one another.

We both bid farewell and went our separate ways. Tonight, I don’t feel like taking a cab so I just walked since it’s not that far away. While walking, I decided to stop by the park. I sat on one of the benches and thought for a while. Thinking on why Mrs. Cho doesn’t like me for you, the money, and of course Seohyun.

I didn’t notice that it’s already past midnight not until tiny droplets of water dropped from the sky. I looked at my watch and it’s already 1:36 am. I hurriedly ran back to the hotel. When I finally entered the penthouse, I saw you eagerly waiting for me with your arms wide open but the thoughts from before flashed before me and I accidentally pushed you away. I saw the flash of pain on your eyes. It hurts. You tried talking to me but I just ended it quickly. I even called you by your name which only happens if I’m angry or bothered. Well I’m bothered right now and I need some time alone.

I tried ignoring Seohyun but her persistence is really something so in the end, she convinced me to hang out with her. We hang out almost every day, going to movie theater, bowling, swimming, carnival, amusement park and many places. And every night, after our hang out, I would always found myself on the park staring blankly at the horizon. Thinking the same things over and over again. And every night, I would found you waiting for me to go home. I know you’re worried, scared…… but trust me, I’m more than worried and scared of losing you. I just couldn’t bare to let you go. It will kill me.

It’s funny because now, I’m finally letting you go. It kills me to leave you but it will kill me harder if I stayed with you having the thought that I’m not good enough and deserving of your love.

And after getting to know Seohyun, I believe that she’s really the one for you. She’s kind, smart, loving, cute, proper, beautiful inside and out. You’re lucky to have her.

I returned that night with the goal of leaving you and as expected you waited for me. After seeing you, the courage I built broke down and I found myself saying the same lines to sleep and be with you for another day but you grabbed my hand. You told me to follow you and I did. We made it to your room and we sat on your bed. I began to talk but I felt my tongue tied and I suddenly forgot how to talk. I couldn’t look at you anymore and worse, no words were coming out of my mouth.

You then asked me why I always went home late these past few days and I answered that it’s just work. You felt angry and stood up, shouting at me. I looked at your eyes and I can see mixed emotions; anger, doubt, fear, concern and love. I figured that this is the right time to break you, at your most vulnerable state. Yes, I decided to break you instead because I know you’ll not let me go that easily. I know how stubborn and hardheaded you could be and those were some things I love about you.

I told you to end our relationship now and you begged me, saying sorry to not leave you. My heart breaks seeing you like this and I know I have to end it quickly. I spat out some hurtful words to you. This is the only way I could think of.

You then asked me something that literally crushed my heart into tiny bits. “Did you ever love me?”

I paused for a while, I wanted to tell you that I love you so much but I held it in. I have to do this. I have to hurt you. I scoffed and ended up saying the opposite things I wanted to tell you. The look on your face, I can’t take it anymore being in the same room as you and I proceeded outside. With crooked voice, I told you that I have a boyfriend and with trembling hands, I picked up my bag and coat and slipped in to my flat shoes. But I still made sure for you to not notice it.

I did not waste any more second and hurriedly went outside the room. I leaned my head on the door and whispered my greatest wish for you. I hope you would someday forgive me and understand on why I did this. I just want you to be happy. Your happiness is my happiness.

‘Goodbye Love’

After that day, my heart stopped beating. I began to close my heart from everybody. What I did is unforgivable.

 

~end of flashback~

-SY