With a

~Leaving with a broken heart~

 

I don’t know how I ended up here. I sighed, maybe this can help me relieve my stress and without a second thought, I pushed the door open and enter.

As soon as I got inside, loud music greeted me and came booming all throughout the enclosed room packed with many people, mostly aged of 17-24. They kept dancing wildly on the dance floor, grinding their bodies with one another or with some strangers, not caring if they trip or fall. The sight of it makes me sick and the strobe of lights that comes with different colors didn’t help at all as it keeps flashing and flicking before my eyes.

I made my way to seat on the other side but before that I passed a group of drunken girls. One of them immediately launched herself on to me. I try to keep my balance as the drunken girl came clinging on my body like her life depended on it.

“Hey there handsome” The girl purred on my ears. I swiftly remove her arms that were wrapped around my neck and moved away.

“Playing hard to get, are we?” She her lips and began walking seductively towards me. I tried to get away from her by moving backwards, not until I hit the wall. She immediately used this chance to trap me, leaning both her arms on the wall with me in between them.

“Sorry miss, but I don’t have time for this” I pushed her lightly by the shoulders but she just shrugged in return. The drunken girl kept leaning towards me that I could almost feel her breath on my face. And not to mention, her breath ricks out of alcohol. I just hoped that I could control myself and not beat the living day light out of her.

‘She’s just a poor, wasted, drunken girl Kyuhyun. She’s just a poor, wasted, drunken girl.’ I reminded myself over and over again.

Good thing someone pushed the girl aside and I was finally free to move again. The drunken girl staggered a bit backwards but her friends immediately caught her on time before she slams her head down. I quickly turned to my side to thank whoever did that but I didn’t expect who it was.

“S-Seohyun!! What are you doing here?” I exclaimed not really expecting that a kind of girl like her would be in this place.

“Aren’t you going to thank me first Kyuhyun oppa?” She sarcastically asked me while chuckling. I scratch the back of my neck feeling slightly embarrassed.

“Ahh. Y-yeah. Thanks Seohyun. But seriously, what are you doing here.  In a CLUB?” I emphasized the word ‘club’, clearly making my point.

“I know you think of me as a very kind, proper and well-mannered person but one my friends asked me to meet her here. I know she would just get drunk that’s why I didn’t think twice to go here. How about you oppa?”

“Well, I don’t know. I just found my feet bringing me to this place. Maybe to unwind from all the problems” I grinned at her and we started walking to the bar. We situated ourselves comfortably on the seats and placed our orders.

“One London Dry Gin for me. And for the lady……” I turned to look at her.

“Blanco-ged Tequila” She charmingly smiled at the bartender which caused him to blush. I must admit, it’s not that hard to fall in love with her. She has this innocent yet charming smile, beautiful and flawless face, smooth skin, kind, smart, well-mannered. Everything you could ask for. She is an all-around ideal type of many guys. 

I always wonder why I did not fell in love with her. We basically knew each other since diapers because her mother and my mother are bestfriends. I remembered the times when my mom keeps on bugging me just to play with her. But after 23 years of being together, I still did not develop any special feelings for her. I just treat her as my little sister. Nothing more, nothing less.

Unlike the time I met ‘you’. The very moment I saw you passing by the restaurant, my heart began palpitating uncontrollably. And I knew, I already fallen in love with you. It’s funny ‘cause you didn’t meet any of my expectations for a girl. I really like girls with the same charms and characteristics as Seohyun.

But as for you, you’re clumsy, loud, dork, a girl with a dinosaur stomach that never seems to be full and you have an annoying aegyo.

I never thought that my heart will beat for you considering all those attributes you possess but what can I say, ‘If you really love that person, then you would gladly throw those thoughts away and just accept her with all your heart and soul’

Maybe that might be the answer on why I didn’t fell in love with Seohyun, because all these years, it’s always been you. The one who holds and is still holding my heart up until now. I do admit, I never really gotten over you. I just looked like I already have but truthfully, I’m just pretending. I just don’t want my family or my friends to worry.

I released a heavy sigh and finished my drink in one gulp. I called the waiter and ordered some more for me and for Seohyun since she already drank half of her drink.

“Don’t worry, it’s on me” I winked at her and placed 100 dollar bill on the counter. We were just watching the surroundings of the club starting from the crowd going wild on the dance floor, several couples making out on the side and on the couch, guys being thrown outside by the bouncers for starting a fight, up until the people who are now  vomiting all over the floor due to too much alcohol intake.

We remained sitting there as we silently watched the scenes unfold, not before Seohyun started squealing from her seat. She immediately got up and run towards a girl and enveloped her with a big hug. I assumed that she’s one of her college friends since she didn’t introduce anyone else besides them. I then saw Seohyun dragging her friend back to her seat. As they got closer, I could finally see who the girl is. And I know she’s not one of her college friends because she is none other but my ex, Choi Sooyoung.

I can see that you also looked shocked judging from your shocked expression up until your gaping mouth. I couldn’t bear looking at you so I quickly diverted my gaze onto something else.

“Kyuhyun oppa, this is my friend that I’m telling you about, Sooyoung unnie” Seohyun introduced us to one another, oblivious that we already know each other and that we also had a past.

My hands and legs were practically trembling but with every ounce of energy and courage I could muster, I stood up from my seat and reached out my hand, asking for a handshake. Maybe pretending that I didn’t know you is a good idea. For it can lessen the pain and anguish you left me with.

You tensed up a bit when you saw me reaching my hand out for you. You turned to look at me, your onyx orbs boring onto mine. Your eyes seem to reflect pain, misery, torment but I broke our gazes with one another.

I heard you sigh and was about to reach out my hand when someone abruptly hugged you from behind. You quickly turned around to look at the person who hugged you out of nowhere. The guy on the other hand keeps on smiling at you while his arms are still wrapped around your waist.

The guy suddenly turns to look at me, starting from the bottom up to the top and when he saw my out stretched hand, he quickly held and shook it.

“Hi. I’m Siwon. Sooyoung’s boyfriend” The tall built man introduced himself and pulled you to his side. “And you are?”

I turned to look at you, seeking for confirmation if what this guy had said is true but you just kept mum in your place, not even daring to speak a word. I sough, maybe I have to do this.

“Kyuhyun” I released my hand and pulled Seohyun by her waist “Seohyun’s boyfriend”

“Oppa, what are you saying. I’m not your g---------“ I quickly covered Seohyun’s mouth before she could even tell the truth.

“Just trust me on this Seohyun” I whispered to her and invited Sooyoung and her so-called ‘boyfriend’ to sit with us.

We talked and chatted for quite some time but mostly, Seohyun and Siwon are the ones always talking since Siwon is her math professor in the university. As for me, I just kept my gaze on the rowdy crowd in the middle of the dance floor but I can see in my peripheral view that you kept stealing glances at me. I can tell that you wanted to tell me something as your lips moved but then stop all of sudden, as if you’re hesitating.

“Baby, what’s wrong? Are you alright?” Your boyfriend turned to look at you and caresses your left cheek. If I could just punch him in the face, then I would gladly do it right then and there. But of course I held myself back. I tried to remind myself that I should not be affected by it. We’re already over.

“A-ahh. Yeshh. I’m awrighttt” You replied in slurred words, eyes droopy and flushed cheeks because of drinking too much alcohol. I turned to look at your table and saw you already downed 9 glasses of Scotch whiskey as for me, I’m only just on my 5th glass. I began to wonder when you became alcoholic.

“Then, do you wanna dance?” He asked with a smirk plastered on his face and without a second thought, you quickly stood up and pulled him in the middle of the dance floor. You two began dancing wildly and sensually with each other, grinding your hips to his front as he snakes his arms and caresses your thin waist.

It hurts to see you ‘with a different man’ because I can’t get the image out of my head that I should be the one you are with right now.

He then tilts your head aside and kissed you fully in the lips with you responding quickly as both of you started your sloppy make out session.

The pain is slowly killing me. It hurts to see you lip locking ‘with a different man’ because I promised myself that those lips will not touch anyone’s. That it will only belong to me.

I balled my fists until it turned ghostly white and walked towards your direction. I didn’t waste any second and launched a full force punch on ‘your boyfriend’s face’. I kept throwing punches one after the other even if he’s already on the floor.

The crowd kept trying to pull me away from the unconscious Siwon. And soon, after landing roughly 20 or more punches on his face, the bouncers came and pried me away. I saw you staggering a bit as you swayed from left to right in the middle of the crowd. I swiftly held your hands and dragged you outside the club, leaving the people inside to assist ‘your weak boyfriend’.

I pulled out my hand phone and sent a quick message.

 

*ping*

 

From: Kyu oppa

Seo, take care of your ‘unconscious and weak professor ‘

who is now lying on the floor. I’ll explain everything later.

I just need to do something.

Thanks Seo.

 

*ping*

 

From: Seo

You better explain everything to me

oppa or else I’ll tell this to Aunt Cho.

Kekeke. Don’t worry, I’ll handle Prof. Siwon.

P.S. Take care of Sooyoung unnie.

She’s a handful when drunk.

 

-KY


2 more chapters and it's done~ hwaiting! \(^o^)/