Leaving

~Leaving with a broken heart~

 

A guy was sitting uncomfortably on the couch in the living room with his t.v , waiting for his girlfriend to arrive.

“Aishh! Where’s that shikshin? It’s already 11:47 p.m and it’s raining hard outside” The guy grunted as he stared at the clock, paying completely no attention at the t.v. “I even bought bulgogi and bibimbap just for her”

Time passed by so quickly and it is now 2:03 a.m on the clock. The guy on the other hand is now slowly drifting to his dreamland, rocking his head back and forth to prevent himself from sleeping, not until he sees his girlfriend come inside the room.

After a minute or so, he heard the clicking sound of a key and the door, indicating that the person he has been waiting for had finally arrived. He sneakily went to the front door with his arms wide open, welcoming his girlfriend with a surprise hug. But instead, he was slightly pushed away by the latter. The guy stumbled a little bit backwards.

“U-umm……. Why are you late?” The guy, Kyuhyun , asked awkwardly as he was still confused on the latter’s odd behavior.

“I……uhh……. did some things today” Sooyoung, his girlfriend replied averting her gaze from his.

“Oh…….. Okay. You better rest now”

“Y-yeah. I think I should” She then started walking.

“I love you” Sooyoung stopped after hearing those words.

“G-goodnight K-Kyuhyun” She stuttered before dashing into her room leaving a very puzzled Kyuhyun behind.

 Kyuhyun wondered why Sooyoung called him ‘Kyuhyun’ instead of ‘Kyu’. He knows that Sooyoung would only call him that if she’s angry or if something is bothering her. And why didn’t she return his words like ‘I love you too’ or ‘I love you more’ like she used to, but still, he chose to ignore it. ‘Maybe Sooyoung’s just tired’ he thought and proceeded in going to his own room to take a rest too.

Several days had passed and each day, Sooyoung would always come home late. Kyuhyun become more and more worried because whenever he tried to confront her, Sooyoung would always excuse herself, saying that she’s really tired and that she badly needed rest. So in the end, Kyuhyun was left no choice but to let it go and confront her next time.


Again, Kyuhyun was sitting on the couch, waiting for his girlfriend’s arrival. He had planned that today he would confront and ask Sooyoung directly to clear his suspicions. Yes, he did have some queries like maybe Sooyoung’s boss is giving her a hard time in work or if she developed a habit of going to night clubs or maybe……. just maybe…… she was cheating on him. Kyuhyun immediately threw those thoughts aside. He would never think that Sooyoung would cheat on him. Never.

Just as Kyuhyun was busy contemplating to himself, Sooyoung emerged from the door. Taking her shoes off and putting it on the rack. She was about to enter her room when a hand held her wrist, stopping her movement. She whipped her head around, only to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes boring into hers.

“Kyuhyun, I’m t-----“ Sooyoung didn’t finish her sentence when Kyuhyun spoke up.

“Follow me” With that, Kyuhyun released his hold and directly went to his room with Sooyoung trailing behind.

After entering, they both took a sit at the edge of Kyuhyun’s bed. Sooyoung was the first one to break the silence.

“Kyuhyun, I…..need…….. to tell you………. something” She stated slowly, avoiding Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked but Sooyoung just remained silent. Seeing that she wouldn’t answer him, he asked a different question.

“How come you always went home late these past few days?”

“Just work” Sooyoung answered shortly but Kyuhyun didn’t believe what she had said just now.

“Just work?!  Are you sure?!” He bawled as he stood up from his position.

“Yes, I’m sure. It’s just work, nothing else” Sooyoung answered looking directly at him for the first time after several days.

“Nothing else?! Don’t tell me you got fired on your job and that you always went clubbing to relieve stress and kill some time that’s why you always went home late Sooyoung!!” Kyuhyun’s anger exploded as he yelled at his girlfriend.

Sooyoung then stood up from her seat “Then let’s end it now”

“What?!”  Kyuhyun asked in surprise.

“Let’s break up Kyuhyun” Sooyoung seriously stated.

Hearing what Sooyoung had said just now, Kyuhyun hastily grabbed a hold of her wrist.

“Why all of a sudden? I’m sorry if I yelled at you a while ago Soo. I-I didn’t mean it. I just got angry. J-just please don’t break up with me. D-don’t leave me” Kyuhyun pleaded.

Sooyoung scoffed “Kyuhyun, I’m sick of all of this. I’m sick of you calling me over and over again every day. I’m sick of you asking me the same questions every time I went home late. I’m sick of you poking your nose in to my business, in short………… I’m sick of our relationship. I’m sick of you” She stated coldly and shook her hand roughly, trying to release herself from Kyuhyun’s grip but it was no use. Kyuhyun had held her tightly. He then knelt in front of her and begged.

“Please Sooyoung! Don’t do this. I beg you! Please don’t leave me. Please!”

“Kyuhyun, if you really love me then you’ll let me go”

“I love you Sooyoung! I really do!”

“Then let me go Kyuhyun. Set me free”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for a moment and inhaled a lungful of air before speaking “Then let me ask you one thing”

Sooyoung paused for a while “What is it?”

“Did you ever love me?” For Kyuhyun this was an absurd question but he just wants to know if Sooyoung had really loved him like he had loved her. Or if it is just one-sided love all along and that she had just played with his heart.

“Loved you?” Sooyoung chuckled “Kyuhyun, I never loved you. Omo~ don’t tell me you thought that I fell for you. That I developed feelings for you. That I had loved you”

She smirked “What a stupid lie you believed in”

Kyuhyun’s world seemed to crash down when he heard Sooyoung say those words. He never thought that those words will ever come out of .

“Oh, look at the time. I have to go now. My boyfriend’s waiting for me Sooyoung shook her hand with so much force, breaking Kyuhyun’s grip and went outside the room. She grabbed both her bag and coat, and slipped in to her flat shoes.

“B-boyfriend?” Kyuhyun repeated as another wave of pain attacked his whole being again. He never thought that Sooyoung would cheat behind his back nor did it ever cross his mind. It’s like she’s a whole new different person now.

“Yup, my boyfriend. Bye now Kyuhyun” Soooyoung chirped cheerfully and headed outside his penthouse.

After going outside, Sooyoung leaned her forehead on the closed door and whispered ‘I hope you’ll find someone better’ and proceeded going to the lift and away from Kyuhyun as tears gushed out and streamed down  her face.

On the other side of the closed door, Kyuhyun was also leaning his forehead, accidentally hearing Sooyoung’s last words.

‘How will I ever find someone better……….. if you are the best girl I ever had’ Kyuhyun whispered to the thin air as he slumped his lifeless body on the floor, finally letting out the tears he had been holding in for a while pour down from his eyes. Leaving him crestfallen.

From that day on, Kyuhyun had promised himself that he would abhor her and move on because she left him all alone, pained, broken and hurt. But his heart contradicted it because it also promised that he would never forget her and will wait for her. Even if takes forever.

“Neega mipda, Sooyoung-ah” (I hate you)

“Saranghae, Sooyoung-ah”      (I love you)