Let's Do It

My Cousin's Best Friend

“Everyone! Please gather ‘round for a group picture!” Mr. Kim bellowed as I rolled my eyes. Teachers are really like parents when it comes to trips. They always have to nag to have a group picture at least once. I saw Jisoo sigh turning towards me to smile.

 

“Mind if I join my kind?” Jisoo asked somewhat mysteriously as I laughed, pushing him towards the forming group. I went over to Ms. Park who looked like she was having trouble with the camera.

 

“Ms. Park? Would you want me to take the picture?” I asked her kindly, smiling as she nodded, sighing happily.

 

“Oh thank the heavens – I could barely work the internet!” Ms. Park exclaimed, flashing a nervous smile at me before jogging over to stand beside Mr. Kim, throwing an arm over him. I chuckled at the action, shaking my head slightly as I raised the camera.

 

“Okay! 1 – 2 – 3!” I heard a click as the picture was taken. I lowered the camera with a thumbs up in the air.

 

“Wait! Aeji has to join too. She came on the trip with us, so it’s only fair right?” Doyoon prompted as everyone nodded in agreement, beckoning me to join them. I blushed, looking down as I felt my heart swell. Feeling as if you’re accepted is one of the best feelings ever.

 

“Oh, I might ruin-“ I started to say when Jisoo and Doyoon came over, Jisoo taking my hand tightly as Doyoon stole the camera, winking at me playfully. Jisoo placed me in front of him, beside a bunch of seniors.

 

“Alright! 1 – 2 – 3 – PERFECT!” Doyoon shouted, smiling widely as the group broke up, going to their friends, taking the last look around the bridge before getting on the bus. Jisoo’s hand flitted towards mine, intertwining together as we easily, swaying our joined hands back and forth in between us.

 

The view has become more amazing, now that it’s night. The moon shined a trail on the water, the stars were clearer here than in the city. The crickets stated chirping as the whole island lighted up for the night. It was like Seoul, but leaning more on nature.

 

“It’s beautiful,” I commented, blown away. I smiled dreamily, my head turning from left to right.

 

“Yeah, and to think we’ll be leaving early in the morning after visiting this place. I’ll miss it. We’ve made good memories here, huh?” Jisoo asked me as I my gaze lowed to his, smirking.

 

“Who said we had memorable moments?”

 

“Oh come on, this is the place where you finally admit that you like me. I have to say, you chose the best setting to confess.” Jisoo flipped his hair, putting on a busy expression as I shoved him teasingly. He responded with a slight smile. I glanced to my front to see the bus. I climbed in, going over to our seat, Jisoo following.

 

As soon as everyone was seated and ready, the bus started driving away from the place as I waved at it.

 

“Stand for many years, okay?” I called out to the bridge, smiling until it vanished out of sight. I slumped back, tired. We just went to three different venues, had memorable moments, and did unbelievable things.

 

“This has been one of the craziest days of my life, seriously.” I laughed a bit at myself as Jisoo sighed heavily, closing eyes.

 

“Ditto. Anyways, let’s get some sleep, okay?” And with that, Jisoo held the side of my feet, pushing me softly on his shoulder as his head went on top of mine. I wrapped an arm around his, closing my eyes. Back to the old pattern.

 


 

In two hours, we arrived back at the villa.

 

“Alright, alright, I know everyone’s sleepy, but wash up first, do your necessary things before sleeping! Lights off at eleven!” Ms. Park announced as most of us yawned in response. I blinked sleepily as I got out of the bus, hearing the seniors grumble. Jisoo told me to go first with Minhi, so that’s what I did.

 

I followed Minhi in the room, washing up first because a certain Wicked Witch of the Room collapsed on her bed, snoring right away. Tying my hair up in a bun, I jumped in bed, turning over to turn off the lights.

 

“Goodnight Minhi,” I bid as I heard her snore back.

 


 

There are only people in this world because it’s illegal to kill them.

 

And in that case, it doesn’t exclude Minhi.

 

“Aeji! Wake up! Wake up sleepyhead!” I heard Minhi hiss as I groaned, feeling groggy. I opened one eye, checking the clock in the bedside table between our beds. It was twelve in the effing morning.

 

Who would wake a person up at midnight?!

 

The answer lies in front of me.

 

“What are you doing Minhi? It’s twelve in the morning, gosh, just go to sleep!” I scolded in whisper form, hoping not to wake up anyone though we were only two in the room. Since it was dark, I couldn’t make out what Minhi was doing.

 

“Will you be quiet?! And you should be grateful I’m waking you up for this. This was supposed to be exclusive, but I managed to convince everyone, even that witch Yoonhe, we can bring you along. We have to wake Jisoo up too,” Minhi mentioned as I sighed, sitting up and rubbing my sleepy eyes. I felt the floor for my slippers since I knew Minhi will blow a gasket if we turned the light on.

 

“Are you done? Get your phone and follow me!” Minhi instructed as I sighed, grabbing my phone on the bedside table and turning it on for some light.

 

“AH! MONSTER!” I screamed, my eyes widening as fear crawled up to my throat.

 

“Shush! Do you want to blow our cover?!” Minhi demanded, her right eye twitching in a scary manner. I breathed a sigh of relief. Oh, it was just Minhi.

 

Wait, she’s even scarier.

 

Minhi rolled her eyes and started walking, me following. She opened the door quietly, tip-toeing out of the room as I followed suit, closing the door with a click. The hall was dimly lit, bright enough that we didn’t need our phones. We both stuffed it in our pajama pockets.

 

“So, where’s Jisoo’s room?” I asked Minhi, sweeping the hall for anyone spying at us.

 

“This way.” I followed Minhi as she knocked quietly on a door. We stood in front of it for a few seconds before it was opened. My heart nearly stopped.

 

There, in front of me, was a half-asleep Jisoo. And did anyone tell him that it is illegal to look this handsome at night?!

 

I swallowed, looking down as a blush formed in my cheeks. Damn Jisoo, and damn Minhi.

 

“Hey Jisoo, ready to go? Is Jaeyoon also ready?” Minhi asked as Jisoo nodded, mumbling something in English as he shuffled back inside to call for Jaeyoon. Soon, the two boys were with us, walking down the hallway. I stuck with Minhi, since I don’t know Jisoo’s sleeping habits. Every once in awhile, I would glance at him to see if he was asleep or not.

 

He would blink a few times, probably trying to stay awake. He caught me looking at him as my eyes widened considerably, looking down.

 

Please tell me he’s sleep-walking!
 

“Oh Panda Girl, you’re coming too?” Jisoo inquired curiously as I tried to shrug casually, but in reality, my heart fluttered as Jisoo’s sleepy low voice.

 

“Y-Yeah, Minhi said something about me coming,” I answered him, nodding once. He started to talk to his friend. We climbed a series of stairs, sometimes knocking things down. We climbed higher and higher until we reached a door. Minhi opened it, and I realized we were in the roof of the villa. I swallowed hard, my footsteps faltering as the three people went towards the group of people in the middle of the roof.

 

I wasn’t used to getting in trouble. Okay, I wasn’t a goody-two-shoes or anything, since I have had my share of wrong doings, but this is just…new. If this was my class, I wouldn’t think two seconds of it and just go with flow. But these were seniors, and they think differently.

 

I started to walk backwards, hoping to escape this gathering.

 

“Hey Aeji, are you okay?” Jisoo asked, turning around so he can see me. I shook my head, making Jisoo come over and look at me weirdly.

 

“No, I’m not. I can’t do this. This is breaking the rules. I’m sorry if I’m such a joy killer, okay? It’s just that-“

 

“It’s okay, I understand. I’ll explain it to the guys. Hey guys! We’ll go ahead! Play truth or dare without us!” Jisoo called out, holding my hand tightly as I sighed gratefully.

 

“Are you sure? Jisoo, COME ON!” Yoonhe yelled in anger, the sound echoing in the whole district. I gulped.

 

We were in big trouble.

 

“WHO’S THERE?! ARE YOU STUDENTS?!” Mr. Kim’s furious voice reached our ears as everyone cursed, scrambling to hide.

 

“Here!” Jisoo whispered urgently as he stayed behind the closed door. I glared at him, punching him in the shoulder.

 

“Are you insane?! We’ll get cau-“ Jisoo silenced me with his hand over my mouth. Just then, the door burst open, almost hitting us. I saw the back of Mr. Kim emerge as I tried not to yelp in fright. He was wearing a bathrobe, pajama pants and slippers. Jisoo waited for him to go a little farther before pulling me from behind the door, bolting to the stairs.

 

“HEY! YOU TWO! COME BACK YOU TROUBLE MAKERS!” I heard Mr. Kim shout. Adrenaline pumped through me as I tried to keep up with Jisoo. It was good he was holding my hand, or else I wouldn’t have ran this fast. We took twists and turns, hid under tables and behind chairs. It was chaos. Once or twice, we met Jisoo’s friends as they scrambled to go back to their rooms. We ran down the hall as I tried to let go of Jisoo’s hand, going to my room.

 

“No, you’ll be safer with me.” Jisoo tugged on my hand harder as we reached his room, getting in and slamming the door shut. We both panted, wiping the sweat of or foreheads.

 

“Never – in my entire life – have I done anything this crazy,” I whispered, trying to put some oxygen in my lungs. Jisoo said nothing as we went over to his bed, lying down side by side.

 

We said noting for a few seconds before I had a crazy idea. Blame my adrenaline. I crawled over and sat on Jisoo’s lap. I smiled my best mysterious smile as Jisoo raised an eyebrow.

 

“I thought of something naughty,” I whispered as Jisoo chuckled, shaking his head.

 

“Oh really?”

 

I leaned into him, leaning my forehead on his.

 

“We’re going to be loud, we’re going to be rough, and we’re going to be sweaty. Not to mention-“ I leaned near his ear, “Hot.”

 

I retreated, smirking as it was Jisoo’s turn to lean in.

 

“Let’ do it.”


What do you guys think of this chapter? ;)