1

Street Rats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Emi slammed the cab door shut as she finally reached the city, the air was a bit muggy and the smell of oil conversing into its gas state was very present. There was nothing about this city that Emi didn’t find amazing. The busy streets filled of people with purpose and the skyscrapers standing tall and proud, it was all just so fresh for a girl like her. She tipped the cab driver and made her way towards the sidewalk to the dokkbokki stand that was directly in front of her, the smell so delicious that it made her stomach rumble in desire. Emi would never forget the first time she ate street food nor would she ever forget the after effect it had on her which caused her to quicken her steps passed the stall that was surrounded by a few police officers.

“I was robbed blind!” The Ahjumma wept as she clung onto one of the police officers who was taking notes.

“Calm down ma’am, did you happen to see who did it?” Ask the other police officer who looked oddly familiar to Emi.

“That’s the worst part, Officer Lee! I didn’t even get to see who did it!” The Ahjumma buried her face in the officer’s chest as he continued taking notes.

Emi just continued walking since what happened was none of her business. She was so enveloped with sightseeing that she didn’t even notice that she bumped into someone. When she looked up at the person to apologize, she froze, looking at the man’s straight seamed suit that was clearly designer was covered in coffee.

“I am so sorry, sir. I did’t-“ Emi was quickly cut off by the man.

“DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS SUIT COSTS?!?!” The enraged man shouted causing people to stop what they were doing and stare.

The atmosphere was rather heavy and no one dared to do anything to help her out of this mess.

“Like I said, I am s-“

“DON’T GIVE ME AN APOLOGY, THAT IS USELESS! SAYING ‘I’M SORRY’ AND BATTING YOUR EYES WONT SOLVE ANYTHING!” the man then gripped tightly on to Emi’s wrist yanking her away from the crowd of people, “You will have to do something for me to make up for this disaster you caused.” The man snickered with a sinister look in his eyes.

“Daehyun, did you seriously just give those kids ALL of our food?”  Youngjae asked in horror as they made their way out of the ally.

“Yes I did, now get over it. We can steal something better anyways for the boys at home.” Daehyun replied absentmindedly.

“STOP! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?!” The boys heard a female voice shout

They both stopped in their place watching the scene unfold before them, a man dressed in a business suit drenched in coffee slammed a girl against the rough concrete wall of the ally, pressing himself dangerously close to her. The poor girl was frightened but she was fighting back as much as she could,

“Get away from me you filthy animal!” The girl shouted in distress as she tried to push the man away from herself unsuccessfully.

Daehyun sent a knowing gaze to Youngjae while the other boy just nodded his head in understanding,

“Time to play hero” Youngjae murmured to himself as he reached into one of the large garbage bins beside him for any means of help.

Daehyun picked up a medium sized wooden palette and made his way towards the damsel in distress,

“Hey pretty boy! Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?!” Dahyun shouted as he stood a few feet away from the two.

The man looked enraged,

“Get lost, Scoundrel, I have no time for you.” The man said as he kept his eyes on the girl, letting his hands roam down to her hips and grasping them forcefully causing the girl to let out a yelp.

Daehyun took a glance at Youngjae to see that he was already armed with a champagne bottle that was broken.

“Let the girl go, and we promise not to hurt you.” Daehyun demanded with a dangerous tone.

The man chuckled menacingly and glanced at the two boys, “This girl ruined my suit, and she needs to pay for what she has done.”

Youngjae scoffed, “So in return for a stain that could easily be washed you want to provide her with a lifetime of trauma? I don’t think that’s going to sit well with the police when they discover that such a high ranking man in the corporate world was trying to an innocent girl who accidentally bumped into you.”

The man froze, he was part of the most famous law firm in Korea, if his boss found out that he did something that could possibly reflect badly on his image, he was surely fired. The man roughly let go of the girl and pushed her to the ground.

“She’s not even worth it. You keep this filthy street mouse out of my sight because the next time I see her, I wont hesitate to do what I intended to do today.” With that said the man walked out of the ally as if nothing happened.

Daehyun and Youngjae quickly made their way towards the girl who was groaning in pain from the impact of her body colliding with the ground.

“Miss, are you alright?” Youngjae asked as he kneeled down to check her for wounds

The girl smiled a charming smile at the two boys, “I’ll be fine, thank you for saving me. Is there anything I could do to repay you? Take you to lunch or buy you some sweets?” The kind girl offered.

Daehyun stared at the girl in amazement, her long hair fell just above her elbows and her eyes shone like stars twinkling in the night sky. Long story short, the girl was beautiful.

“Nah, we don’t want to impose on you.” Daehyun said as he shook himself out of his daze.

He held his hand out for the girl to take which she gladly did, her hands we so soft and so warm. When Daehyun was younger he remembered hearing a grandfather telling his grandson, “The feel of a woman’s hand reflects her personality. If her hands are soft and warm, then she is a gentle girl who should be treated like a princess. If her hands are cold and rough then she probably works very hard and does not trust people easily.”

So this girl was a princess, and rightfully so; Daehyun smiled at the girl as he pulled her off of the floor using a little too much strength. Not only did the pull get her off of the ground but it also sent her flying right into his chest.

“Umm, sorry.” The girl said as she quickly moved aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter