5

Street Rats
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day the finally came, Daehyun was nervously fixing his hair in front of the bathroom mirror with thoughts scattered in every direction. After completing his transformation yesterday, Mr. Shin decided to fill him in about the girl he needed to swoon. When Mr. Shin handed him that file last night, Daehyun had this feeling growing in the pit of his stomach. As soon as he opened the file, the picture of Emi was the first thing that greeted him; her warm smiling face and beautiful eyes were what made his dreams so sweet at night. The thought of actually being able to have a chance with her was becoming prominent and he couldn’t help but smile up at Mr. Shin in pure happiness, making sure to thank the heavens for tying their destinies together.

Today was the day he would stand before the palace doors and meet the girl who stole his heart at first glance. He was nervous and the only thing on his mind was ‘Will she like me?’, ‘Will she remember me?’, ‘Do I look like I’m trying too hard?’

A sudden knock on the door caused Daehyun to snap out of his current state of frenzy as he glanced at himself one last time in the mirror.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by Mr. Shin’s assistant, Mr. Jang.

“Oh good, you’re already awake and ready! Have you finally decided on where you wanted to take Nam Emi yet?” Mr. Jang asked excitedly, as far as Daehyun was concerned, Mr. Jang was more interested in the romance more than Mr. Shin was.

Daehyun nodded his head, “I have already decided but I need your help getting everything ready.”

Mr. Jang stood up straight as if receiving orders from a commander, “What will you need, Sir?”

“Well for starters, I need a private plane.”

                                                                                      ***

Emi was humming a tune as she brushed her hair; the maids were in her closet gathering different outfits for today’s date. Unlike yesterday, she was rather at peace with herself; she didn’t feel nervous but rather calm.

“Young Miss, we are ready for you to pick out your dress for today!”  One of the maids shouted from the closet.

“Coming!” Emi shouted back as she stood from her vanity mirror and headed to her bed to accompany Raja.

The three maids came out of the closet, holding two dresses each. This was usually the process Emi would go through when the maids had to dress her, they would carry two dresses each, each maid representing a different style: The maid on the left held the y/chic outfits, the one in the middle held out the rather y/cute outfits, while the last maid had the cute and comfortable outfits. After trying on all the outfits, the victor of the day was a number from the y/cute collection. It was a high-low dress that looked like a shirt and a skirt, the shirt was white and had a sweetheart top and the skirt was a light shade of teal and to pull the look together, Emi wore a pair of pumps.

“You look stunning, Young Miss!” One of the maids cheered excitedly.

“I am sure Young Master Shin will just be mesmerized!” shouted another.

They continued their rant until a knock arrived at the door,

“Young Miss, your date has arrived!

                                                                         ***

Daehyun was shaking by the time he arrived Emi’s palace, his breath was shortening as if he ran a marathon just before coming to get her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter