New Year 2007 - A Goodbye

First Love Come and Go

YOUR P.O.V

WOOHOO! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Well, actually it’s not a new year yet, but in few hours it’s going to be a new year! Today is 31st December, the last day of year 2006. And I’m going to celebrate new year with…..Byunghun! Yeah, we already set a plan to celebrate the new year together with fireworks. At 12.00 PM, in the park. Wait, let me check the clock first….. It’s 11.30 PM. I have to get ready~ because Byunghun will pick me up in few minutes.

While I’m getting ready, let me talk about Byunghun. Hm what to say? He becomes a bit weird. I know he’s not a loud person like me, but he’s not the silent one too. But he’s a bit silent now, and he’s often caught daydreaming. I think there’s something wrong with him, which he doesn’t want to tell me.  So I keep silence, since he doesn’t want to talk about that. And I hope he’ll be back to normal soon.

Okay, I’m ready! Let’s wait for Byunghun. Ah, I want to tell you guys one secret. Because I’m not the type of person which can keep her secret for herself, and I can’t stand keeping this one secret anymore! But please don’t tell anyone about this, including Byunghun! Promise? Here it is…….

I think I like Byunghun.

DIN! DIN! He’s here. I’m going! And don’t tell him about what I’ve just said, ya ya ya?

I got into his car, saw him smiling. Owww, I thought someone was in a good mood…

“You’re ready?” He asked excitedly.

“Yeah of course! Did you bring the fireworks?” I was more excited. He nodded, still smiling. I was sure he was happy, good then…

Then his driver drove us to a park. The park seemed beautiful with the sparkling lamps hung on the trees. There are only few people there, most of them are couples. This is perfect! His driver joined us to prevent any accidents because we were going to play with fire this time haha. So, me and Byunghun were playing with the fireworks. We ran here and there, drew something and wrote each other names, and even competed whose firework lasted longer.

While we were playing happily, suddenly there was a sound. How to describe it? Hm it was a high-toned sound and it was like something went up to the sky. SYUUUUU! And….. DUAR DUAR DUAR! We looked up to the sky. WAAAH FIREWORKS!!!!!

“WOOHOO!!!!!” We screamed happily to the fireworks in the sky.

“Happy New Year, Hanbi-ya!!!” Byunghun said it loudly.

“Happy New Year, Byunghun-ah!!!” I replied him loudly too.

“Now, let’s make a new year wish…” He said as he closed his eyes, made a wish.

I nodded and did the same as him.

I wish year 2007 will be better, I mean my life gets better. Eomma will always be healthy and find his new man soon kkk. Byunghun will always be my best friend and….. hm, I hope he likes me too…..

*******

HIS P.O.V

It’s new year already. But I hope it’s not. I would stay here until the end of this year, then I’ll live with harabeoji in America. This is time. Yeah, in a few hours I’m going to fly to America, having new year party there. And started living there hahhh…..

That’s why I celebrate new year with Hanbi at this hour, 12.00 PM. Because I don’t have much time to be with her anymore, and I don’t want to waste that short time. She’s playing fireworks happily. She can still smiling, laughing, and running around the park. But I’m not sure her happiness will be still, if I tell her that I will leave in a few hours. I think it’s better not telling her.

When the fireworks was started, I suggested Hanbi to make a new year wish. I closed my eyes, and made a wish….. I wouldn’t make many wishes, there was only one I wished.

Please, anyone, take care of my best friend and the girl I like, Hanbi, please make her happy.

I didn’t realize that a single tear rolled down on my cheek. I was just…too sad.

“Yah, Byunghun-ah… Why are you crying?” Hanbi asked worriedly.

I shed the tear on my cheek. “Ahaha, aniya, I’m not crying.” I said as trying to smile.

“You’re too happy that you’ve passed another year with me, aren’t you? Hahaha”

I was just smiling. Eo, Hanbi-ya, I’m happy with you, gomawo…….

“Or you’re already sleepy? Ahhh let’s go home then!” She pulled my hand and led me to the car. I followed her.

It was silent in the car. Nobody was talking. I wanted to keep silence and listened to the talkative Hanbi. But she wasn’t talking too. She was sleeping-_- look who’s sleepy now…..

We arrived in front of her house. But I didn’t wake her up. I still wanted to see her, for the last time before I left. While looking at her face, memories about me and her showed up in my mind. When the first time I met her. When I hugged her while she was crying. When she gave me her favorite orange candy, the first time we became friends. With her, I experienced something new, playing to a friend’s house, playing Dance Dance Revolution, and a special birthday……. Aish, I’m crying again!

I shed my tears so she wouldn’t know I was crying.

I poke her shoulder, waking her up. “Park Hanbi, wake up…..” But she didn’t move. I knew she was a deep sleeper tsktsk.

I shook her shoulder a bit harder. “Yah, Hanbi-ya, wake up…” She opened her eyes. And looked at me.

“Mmm… Where are we?” She said with her sleepy tone.

“In front of your house. Wake up, you have to sleep in your bed…” I smiled at her.

She got up, and got out from my car. This would be the last time I met her before I left.

“Goodnight, Byunghun-ah… Sleep well…” She waved her hand to me. Then she turned around.

Before she went in, I called her. “Hanbi-ya!” She turned back to me.

I got out from my car, walked toward her, and I hugged her. “Goodbye…….” I tried holding back my tears.

I hugged her tighter, and she hugged me back, patting my back. “What goodbye? I don’t like that word.” She pulled away, smiling. “See you again!”

I didn’t know how to react. I was too sad. But I couldn’t cry in front of her. So I was just standing there, frozen. She waved her hand once again, still smiling, then turned around.

“See you again, Byunghun-ah!” She went in, disappeared from my sight.

“Goodbye, Hanbi-ya…..”

Although she didn’t like that ‘goodbye’ word, I still said that, because it was more suitable. I didn’t know how long I would stay in America that I didn’t know when I would see her again. What if I lived in America forever? Then I wouldn’t meet her anymore. That was why, ‘goodbye’ word was more suitable in this situation. GOODBYE, PARK HANBI…….

 

 

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING A LONG TIME HEHEHE. HOW IS THE 6TH CHAPTER? BYUNGHUN LEAVEST^T DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN NEXT? KEEP READING=D AND SUBSCRIBE TO KNOW THE STORY UPDATE YEY!  AND I'LL KEEP WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS. GOMAWOOO~