23rd November 2006 - Special Birthday

First Love Come and Go

HIS P.O.V

Hhh….. Again. Same like last year. Yeah, just like last year, now I’m sitting in the dining room... alone… There are cake and a lot of foods in front me. The decorations make the dining room more beautiful. I get many presents, from my big families. And also a card from my parents. The card is written:

Happy Birthday, My Son, Byunghun.

Have you opened your presents?

We are sorry for not being there with you.

Have a nice day.

 

With love,

Eomma & Appa

Yeah, today is my birthday. But I don’t think there’s something special. Well, I shouldn’t be alone on my birthday, should I? People usually have party or dinner with their families on their birthday. Actually, I don’t need party or dinner. I just need my parents here. Spending time together with me.

Thinking about birthday, you guys know I gave Hanbi a necklace on her last birthday. Do you guys know why I gave her that necklace? Of course….. Then do you guys know why I gave her that necklace on her last birthday? I had been keeping it for 7 years before I finally gave it to her. And we’ve been best friends for 4 years. So why didn’t I give the necklace 4 years ago?

Because at that time, I always thought I would have next time to give it to her. But this time, it would be the last time to give her the necklace. Ahhh, it reminds me about the talks between harabeoji and appa. It was when the last time harabeoji visited us, in July…….

“My son, I have something to say.” Harabeoji said.

“Ne, abeoji. What is that?” Appa asked.

“You and your wife are too busy, that you two don’t have time for Byunghun. I’m sad to see him lonely. Even he feels lonely at home. So, I think he’s better living with me. Do you agree with that?”

“L-living with abeoji? I-in America?”

“Yes. Do you agree?”

“N-ne, abeoji… I think he’s better living with you, so he won’t be lonely anymore…” Appa said after thinking. His sad was face.

“Geurae, my son… I’m planning to bring him with me next month. Do you agree?”

*Oh no! Next month? It’s Hanbi’s birthday! I mustn’t leave! But I like harabeoji. I know it’s better living with him, so I won’t be lonely anymore. But… How about Hanbi? She’s my only best friend, and I don’t want to leave her…*

“Abeoji, that’s too...”

“No.” I said, got out from my hiding. Harabeoji and Appa were surprised, didn’t know I was listening to them.

“B-Byunghun-ah?” Appa said.

“I will live with harabeoji in America. But... But…..”

Harabeoji smiled. “Come here, Byunghun-ah, sit beside me.” I came closer and sat beside him.

“Now you can talk.” Harabeoji said again.

“Harabeoji, may I stay here until the end of this year? Please… Then I’ll live with you in America.” I begged.

“Why? Do you have something to do first?”

“Ne… I have something to do. With my best friend…”

Harabeoji was surprised, but then he smiled. “Arasseo, Byunghun-ah… I understand.”

I was happy. “Gomawo, harabeoji!” I hugged him.

He hugged me back. “But promise me, you will live with me in America?” I just nodded.

Then……. I’ll go to America in January, and live there with harabeoji. That’s why I said it would be the last time to give Hanbi the necklace. I wanted to make it special, so I gave it on her birthday.

Speaking about Hanbi, where is that little girl? Does she forget my birthday? Again? Aish, that girl…..

“Saengil chukkahamnida, saengil chukkahamnida… Saranghaneun Lee Byunghun… Saengil chukkahamnida!”

WAIT... am i dreaming? NO... it's real! IT’S HANBI! SHE’S HERE! And she’s just sang happy birthday song! It means she doesn’t forget my birthday!

“Yah, yah, Byunghun-ah!” She waved her hands in front of my face. “What are you thinking?”

“Ehm…Nothing…” She doesn’t have to know that I was just thinking about her, right?

She shrugged and she handed me a box. “Here!”

“What’s this?” I was afraid she would trick me, remembered that she liked tricking me. Who knows there are insects inside the box?

“Your present! Just open it!”

I opened it slowly, afraid of insects that would popped out from inside. But there was no insects at all. There was……. A NECKLACE?! I gave her a necklace with a star pendant, she gave me a necklace with a ring pendant? Wah!

“Since you gave me a necklace, I gave you a necklace in return. Appa gave it to me when I was born. It’s my precious thing. And I trust you to keep it!” She grinned.

“Hahaha….. Gomawo, Hanbi-ya….. But how do you remember my birthday? You always forgot my birthday before.” I was curious.

“I wrote a note about your birthday at my desk and I read it everyday since my birthday until…this morning? Hm that’s why I remember your birthday.”

I was touched at her words. She was trying hard just to remember my birthday. Gomawo, Hanbi-ya……. Suddenly, she came closer to me, lowering her face to mine. And….. SHE KISSED MY CHEEK!

I froze. I could feel my cheeks heated. I could feel my ears heated, I was sure it was reddened. And I could feel my heart skipped a beat. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? WHY DOES MY HEART SKIP A BEAT? Is it because it’s the first time a girl kissed my cheek?!

Then Hanbi pulled away. “Errr….. That’s what eomma always do on my birthday, kissing my cheek? Hehehe” she said awkwardly.

Tried to get out of the awkwardness, I took her hand and lead her to..... foods! I knew she loved foods.

“Do you want to eat?” I asked.

She was surprised with a lot of foods in front of her. She nodded excitedly.

“Eat as much as you want!” I grinned.

“YEEEAAAH!” Then she started eating.

There……. On my 13th birthday, I felt something special. Thanks for making my birthday special, Park Hanbi.

 

 

HEY THIS IS THE 3RD CHAPTER! I'M TRYING TO UPDATE FASTER KKK. I'M WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS~ AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE? ANNYEONGSSS