Those Painful Memories, Don't Cry Alone

If Only I Had Never Met Him

"Hey!" My Aunt greeted me as I walked through the door. "Did you have fun?" I easily gave her a fake smile. "Of course!"

Thankfully my sleep was clear of any nighmares, and I woke to be in a good mood for the most part. I was still a little numb for yesterday evening. "Did you know that some students died in the school I'm at?" Avary flinched a little and kept her gaze low. 
"Yes. That school is known for it's fantastic schooling and test scores, but it's also known for that. I wanted you to get the best schooling you could. I'm sorry, I should have told you. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." 
I pretended that I barely knew anything about it. "Don't worry. I found it rather interesting when I found out. Well sad actually."
She tilted her head. "Are you sure?" A puzzled expression sat on her face. "You don't want me to transfer you? I could, I mean you never know what could happen." I shook my head.
"Nah, I feel pretty safe there." I was only lying a little. I don't believe that those ghosts will hurt me. They're just scary, and I can actually feel their sadness when I'm near them, which probably is what freaks me out the most. 

I was walking up to the school when Sehun caught up to me. "Luhan is taking the day off." I frowned. "Its my fault isn't it. I didn't mean to upset him or bring back painful memories..." My eyes began to sting. Sehun shook his blond head. "No no. He's been putting off these feelings. They've just caught up with him." I looked Sehun in the eyes with my teary ones. "Are you sure?" Sehun was a little taken back by how emotional I'd got. 
"Even if it were your fault, which I had already said it wasn't; It's not like he would be mad at you for it anyway." Sehun looked rather sympathetic. I nodded and smiled a little. "Alright. I'll take your word." 

I was walking in the hall listening to my ipod. Feeling lazy, I took a short cut through the gym. As I was passing through and about to the doors, I noticed a janitor's closet was opened and the light was flickering on and off. I knitt my eyebrows. Not even thinking, I walked in to find the light switch. The lights were making me rather dizzy and I turned around again to leave. Where did the door go? It was just a wall. I stumbled over to it and felt it searching for some sort of knob to appear so I could get out. 
I found myself suddenly chilled to the bone and I just noticed that my ipod turned off.
"Like me?" I heard a scratchy lost voice say. Slowly I turned my head only to find a face two inches from mine. Or atleast all I saw of the face was the mouth. Sharp bloody teeth gleamed back at me. Then the wall was gone and I managed to run out before passing out on the hard gym floor only about three feet away from the closet. 

I felt someone shake me. "Charlotte! Charlotte. Get up." I opened my eyes to find Kyhyun's huge brown eyes staring back. "Are you alright?"  I sat up and rubbed my head. "I've been better." Kyuhyun knelt next to me. "What did they do to you?" My ears pricked when I heard him. 
"Who?" I asked. Kyuhyun glared. "Don't even start that." 
I shrugged. "I just heard the words 'like me'. Seemed pretty serious." I looked at Kyuhyun and my stomach dropped. He looked completely scared. "Kyu..hyun?" I slowly said. "Is something wrong?" The worried boy was talking to himself. Mumbling so fast and quiet I could hardly hear him. He shook his head, then harshly grabbed my arm. "Please be careful." His eyes were full of pain and fear. He leaned in closer. "Don't do anything careless...please." And with that, he left me on the floor. 
On the bright side, I didn't miss any class time from that little episode.

When I got home from school I threw all of my stuff down and pounced on my bed. My thoughts were going crazy and I realized how much I miss my parents.  I began to sob violently, breaking down completely. That's when I heard my door open. Kevin stood there in the door way looking shocked. "Oh Charlotte..." I sat up, wiped my face and smiled. "What are you doing here, you dork?" I pretended that I wasn't crying. The boy was unconvinced, of course. 
"I got worried about you. I heard that you passed out today." He bit his lip and walked closer to me. "I didn't expect this." He was sitting next to me now, twirling my hair. 
"You shouldn't be crying alone." Kevin whispered into my ear. My whole body trembled and with that I was crying all over again. "It's been practically six months now since my parent's death. I'm so numb, how am I supposed to feel?" My voice shook with every word I spoke. "Kevin..." I looked up at him. Before I even realized it, Kevin's soft, gentle lips were kissing my own shaking ones. 
"Just be with me." He whispered.