When I First Saw You

If Only I Had Never Met Him

About two days before I start school, I was chilling at a local café. As I was looking down at my phone I could see a shadow in front of me, and someone sat down.
He looked at me and smiled. “You must be the new girl.” If it wasn’t for the studying that my dear aunt put me through, I would not have understood a word he had just said.
 “New girl?” I played with the stranger. He had a kind and soft expression and I felt calm with him. I adored his light brown hair, even if it was dyed. “You must know a lot about me to know that I’m not some tourist.”
His eyes twinkled a little. “Very true, but tourists usually come later in the year, besides you’re all the school seems to be talking about.”
My eyes bugged a little and my nose crinkled. “Why is that?” The boy gave me an ‘are you serious face’. “We don’t get many transfers, not to mention Americans at our school. Once we figured out about you everyone got excited.”
 I took a sip of my coffee and shrugged it off. “Well what’s your name?” The boy’s face suddenly lit up. It was clear he forgot to introduce himself.
“I’m Luhan, now would you mind telling me yours?”
I gave a playful look. “You mean to say you don’t know it already?” 

I didn’t even notice another boy coming over to the table until he sat beside Luhan. “What are you doing?” He asked, his voice half with actual interest.
This boy was staring a hole into me.
Luhan only glanced at him and his eyes then returned to me. “I’m talking to the new girl. She’s coming to our school.”
“Oh, right her. Why are you here?” the bored grouch then asked me.
My stomach dropped a little and I looked away, refusing to make eye contact. “My parents died a few months ago. I’m living here with my aunt.”
Luhan’s eyes widened. “Sehun!” He yelled and punched the boy’s shoulder. I waited a moment and looked at the two boys. They both really looked sorry for me and I had to look away again before I started to cry.
After a long awkward silence and with me looking at the table, Luhan stood up. “Look for me at school okay?” I looked up at the pretty brunette. “See you!” He winked and left with Sehun.
“Damn shame he’s gay…” I muttered.

~~

“Are you sure you’re ready?” My aunt asked me at breakfast. “I’m going to have to get over this and go back sometime. Besides…” I smiled “This is a new place. I can’t be sad or cry. What would they think of me?”
She sighed.  My beautiful aunt leaned over the counter with a cup of coffee in her hands.
“I’m pretty sure that most students there haven’t lost both parents in one day. You were crazy close with them.”  
I stood up. “It’s time for me to leave.” I reached for my keys, when she put her hand on mine.
“Have a good day, and if you get upset at all throughout the day, call me.” 
I only nodded before leaving.

 

Walking towards the school I tried looking for Luhan. I almost forgot about him until this morning. I never knew that Asians were so good at staring without you catching them. Americans just stare until they’re satisfied it seems. I suddenly felt rather dizzy, and as I was falling I saw a blurry flash of brown hair and I felt arms wrap around me. I looked up and saw another friendly face. This guy was different though. His eyes were such a dark brown they appeared almost black. I could see now that his hair kinda had a red tint to it as well.

"Are you okay?" He asked clearly concerned. I could only stare at his face, his words were blurred in my ears. When I realized that I was staring, I felt my face redden and I stood up. "Ah, sorry about that!" I bowed, earning a kind chuckle from him.
"No need to act like that." He said waving his hand lightly. He stood up straight, and smiled. He was really thin and tall. "My name is Kevin. I presume you are the new student, right?" 
I nodded like an idiot. "My name is Charlotte, I go by Lotti for short though."
Kevin smiled cutely. "I hope you don't mind if I call you Charlotte, I like that name." I felt myself blush slightly. "It's really just for your convience...." I muttered. 

"Hey!" I heard someone yell behind me. I turned around to see Luhan. "The uniform looks really good on you!" I was a little startled by that comment and I looked down at myself.  "Oh, thanks!" I smiled ear to ear.
"Come on, let's go." Kevin said to both us and I walked into the school with each boy on one side.