But Who Are You

If Only I Had Never Met Him

The school day went pretty smooth. The attention got old rather fast. By the middle of the day, I got sick and tired of everyone thinking that I couldn't understand them. Yeah, it's understandable but it annoyed me. 

During lunch break I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and check my hair. I was very surprised when I saw that there weren't any other girls in the bathroom too. I the water and checked myself in the mirror.
I noticed a stray and with one hand I tried to fix it while the other was still under the stream of water. It took only a second but I had a feeling that I probably looked rather ridiculous. I returned my other had to the nice warm water.
After a few more seconds, I looked down to shut off the water. I froze in my skin and my heart felt like it stopped. My hands were covered in what I only wanted to call, red water. I was so frozen, I could only watch as the faucet continued to spew the substance out.
I finally looked away when what looked like hair began to fall out. Quickly I moved my hand and turned the sink off.
Perhaps the sink was just rusted...and what I thought to be hair was because I was staring at it too hard. I managed to repeat that theory to myself. I was still shaken though, and ran out of the bathroom and right into another student. 

I fell right to my and my head flung up to see who I had just ran into.
"I'm sorry!" I blurted out. He just looked at me for a moment and then offered a hand. I shyly accepted and effortlessly, I was pulled back to my feet. 
"Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded and refused the temptation to rub my sore . Those floors are super well kept and super hard. 

"You're Charlotte, right?" I smiled, but mostly because of his pronounciation. It was really just too cute. 
I shifted my feet slightly. "Bet that wasn't very hard to figure out." 
The boy shook his head. "I don't know what they do in America, but most girls don't run right out of the bathroom like that. Plus, your Korean isn't the best."  
I knew he was joking, but I stopped for a second. He reminded me of that little incident. "Oh, I had something I remembered I had to do." I lied for some reason.  The boy looked as though he understood, but wasn't really convinced. I cleared my throat and looked at him 
"What's your name anyway?" I asked slowly, watching his face.
He didn't even really seem to notice my quick change of subject. "I'm Kyuhyun."  His expression suddenly changed to be rather dark and hateful.
At first I thought  I had offended him but then I jumped as a hand was placed on my shoulder.
"Did you get lost?" I heard Kevin ask me. I continued to look at Kyuhyun before I responded. I half turned to Kevin, and Kyuhyun began to walk away. Kevin didn't even seem to notice him.
"No, I didn't get lost. I just ran into Kyuhyun, litterally." I finally responded to Kevin. "Let's go back." He smiled. 

 

Perhaps it's because he's the first person I saw after the bathroom incident or it's because he kind of intimidates me; everytime I saw Kyuhyun for the rest of the day I got an uneasy feeling. 
"Amber?" I called for a girl that I met earlier before lunch. Kevin brought her over because she, like Kevin, is pretty fluent in English although being here sure has done a number on it. She's super nice and we clicked right away. 
"Yeah? What's up?" She responded.
"Is there somthing wrong with Kyuhyun?" I felt uncomfortable asking. She looked at me for a moment and continued to write what ever she was working on.
"No, the poor guy is really just an outcast. Everyone seems a little frightened by him." I could see why, but it's still a little sad.
I sat looking at the palm of my hand. "Do you think maybe Kevin and him have something against eachother?" 
Amber looked up again and seemed to think about it. "No I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they weren't friends at any point but I don't think they hate eachother." I looked at my own assignment. This is going to bother me...