Chapter 6

Whenever you play that song

 

This is just a short story so sad to say this will be the last chapter but to express my gratitude towards my subscribers as well as my readers I'm thinking of posting a bonus chapter and maybe another version of this which is a oneshot but I'm still thinking about it.To let you know I cried while writing this story I hope it will also touch your hearts :))


 

 

Taeyeon's POV
 
I walked these streets again hearing that familiar song playing. I let the Memories of you flashed back quickly While I walked I felt my whole body shaking not able to take one more step.I stood here foolishly.
 
I blinked my eyes to stop my tears from forming.I let myself again reminisce the times that I was the happiest.It was with him
 
I opened my eyes and ears to my memories because i know I should end my misery today. Everybody wants me to forget about him but how can I do that If my mind and heart is rejecting the thought of forgetting about him.
 
How can I start dreaming of something without him in it?
 
How can I be happy with my life without him?
 
How can I fix my broken heart if it's only him who can fix it?
 
I realized how my life will be miserable  until my last breath regretting how I lost him.
 
I tried to filled  my mind with happy thoughts of him because this will be the last time I will let myself drown with memories of him.
 
I imagined him giving me the brightest smile he could ever give.
 
I imagined him hugging me tightly
 
I imagined him building dreams with me.
 
I imagined him staring lovingly at me eyes.
 
Now all I can ever have is my imagination.This is the only thing I got.Nothing else not even him.
 
Today should have been our 4th year together. I always felt extra sad whenever this day comes because my  stupidity is taking over me expecting that he's pulling a surprise for me like he always did back before.
 
I closed my eyes and saw his smiling face walking hand in hand with someone else then my tears rolled down on my cheeks
 
"No"I mumbled while shaking my head in disbelief.
 
Is this what I'm going to face for the rest of my life..seeing him being happy with someone else.
 
"I can't" I cried harder knowing that I can't do anything.
 
If only I was brave enough maybe things doesn't gone out of my grasp...maybe he's still with me.
 
People walking past me shoving my shoulders I decided to shift myself in one corner of the street.
 
I bit my lips and let my tears fall that song is still playing somewhere.
 
All I have done is hurt him while all he have done is love me. I'm the worst person and I know I deserve this.
 
I looked up at the sky "Will I suffer for the rest of my life?"I mumbled
 
I heard his cries and he is telling me how hates me with his eyes full of anger.I blocked my ears with my hands as I kept hearing him crying and telling me how he despised me.
 
If only you're here I will tell you how much you mean to me.
 
If only you're here I will promise to stay by your side forever.
 
If only you're here I will remind you that you told me I'm your and Last.
 
Have you already forgotten about your promise? I will tell you what i should have told you before..
 
"I love you you're the only guy I gave my permission to love me forever"
 
I wanted to ask you this.
 
Will you cry for me again if I'm sick?
 
Will you tease me again about my height?
 
Will you hug me again when I'm feeling down?
 
Will you buy me an Ice cream if I'm feeling sad?
 
"Will you tell me again that I'm your first and last?
 
"I hate to see you crying"he wiped my tears and lingered his hand at the side of my face.
 
I closed my eyes afraid that If I open my eyes he'll be gone. I imagined him again wiping the tears for me and telling me not to be sad. Tell me how can I forget this guy if he is all over my system?
 
Forgetting him is also forgetting how to breathe Joon Hee is my life.
 
Today will also be the day he will get married truth slapped me that this time it is not all about me. I have taken his happiness before I don't want to take his happiness again. I don't want to be selfish again..
 
Before I crossed this street leaving the memories I had with him and leaving that song playing. I will also leave my happiness here because i already accept the fact i already lost my chance.
 
I wanted to go back to that time whenever you play that song when I
Told you how my ears are bleeding because you kept listening to it, how you defended this song saying that this is your song for me, and how I scrunched my face telling you how I hate this song but If I can go back to that time I won't get tired listening to this song just like my love for you.
 
Sometimes who we really love will be just unforgettable memories we will just look back.
 
I don't want to just look back. I want to continue our story together and I don't want us to end like this.
 
With all of these thoughts on my mind I turned back and ran as fast as I could for the last time i wanted to tell him how much I love him even if he won't be able to return my feelings.
 
Panting heavily, I looked around the hall seeing chairs and tables only. Am I late?will my feelings towards him will be forever unspoken?
 
I blew my last chance and the thought of losing him forever scared me and pace outside the hall I hold onto a wall  to support my wobbly knees.
 
I heard that familiar song again playing again I don't want to hear it anymore. Hearing it again is making my heart shattered into million pieces .let me forget him just for a moment 
 
I don't want to be locked up anymore with this song...with these memories.  
 
Please
 
Please
 
Please
 
Someone please turn off the music
 
You may be unsure in the face of the unknowable future
But never forget that I love you
If it is with you, I will be forever happy
I'm throwing away what the world tells me I should love
My heart is in the same place as yours
I want to be another part of you
For you who are my precious
Love me just like this forever,
As long as you don't change
You're the only one that has all of me
I will never waver
Are you feeling unsure in the unknowable future?
 
I felt a pair of warms hand touching my shoulders. I don't want my imagination to play with me again but how can I feel his touch right now.
 
"You're no longer alone..never forget
That when I'm with you I am happy"this was whispered to my ears and I block my face as my sobs are getting louder.
 
 
 
"Tae-Tae"his arms enveloped my waist and now I know he is real.he turned me around to face him I leaned my face against his chest not wanting for him to disappear.
 
 
"Tae-Tae...I can't break my promise to you"his tears fell "Look at me Tae-Tae i'm not going anywhere"
 
I looked at his eyes and saw that familiar look on his eyes he wiped my tears and kissed me on the forehead.
 
He pulled me closer to his body and i snuggled closer to him.
 
"Whenever you play that song I fall in with you all over again"