Chapter 05

 lovable 

 

 

 

Sulli was in the kitchen, preparing food for dinner. a white apron covering her shirt and because yesterday she had washed her hair, then she closing her hair with a handkerchief.

 

"So tell us about the paintings you've sold" pleaded Mari

"Actually, I've forgotten which ones have I sold" said Sulli.

"I want you to tell us the works you've sold" said Yoon

"I guess there's no point" said Sulli. "You're going to see it, because the lady of the shop owner will send a copy as soon as it prints"

"Do you give her your address?" asked Ma ri

"Forced" said Sulli. "But I guess no one in Seoul will interested of the name of a remote area in Ulsan"

 

Sulli put the dough on a plate and cut into slices with a beautiful shape. Her sisters really like the Chicken Pie, and Sulli happened to have a chance to make it this afternoon, because the house was quiet.

 

Yoon and Ma ri are playing at their friends' houses, while Mom and Ju ni're going to church.

 

Pie is ready put into the oven when Sulli heard a loud knock on the front door.

Sulli thought that it was Yoon or Ma ri. Without need to remove her apron, she ran from the kitchen and immediately opened the front door.

Once opened the front door, Sulli was surprised.

At the outside seemed a luxury car, with one passenger in the back seat.

Sulli is not believe her eyes, when someone knocked on the door and saying, "Mr. Choi Minho wishes to see Miss Sulli, whether she was at home?"

When Sulli being confused for the answer, Minho had come down from his car and headed straight to the front door.

"Forgive if my arrival unpredictable, Miss Sulli" he said. "Maybe it is very surprising"

"Yes, shocking" said Sulli a puzzled voice

 

"I'm sure that you never expect I'm here" said Minho. "I have sent a letter to your mother three days ago, but I think the courier a little slow, so I assumed she had not received my letter"

When Minho speaks, his eyes fixed on Sulli's apron, and Sulli realize how bad her performance.

 

"No ... no .." she says. "My mom has not received your letter ... and she is going now"

"I still wanted to meet your mother" said Minho

 

After a while,

"Please come in, Mr. Choi Minho"

 

Minho entered the front room. Sulli invited Minho sitting.

"Because your mother is not at home, so I thought I'd just point out to you now" said Minho

"About what?"

"The reason for my coming"

Sulli looked at Minho curiously and suspect that maybe minho bring a message of her foster mother.

"In my letter that I think will soon be arriving, I asked your mother, if she would not mind if I propose you?"

Sulli's eyes opened wide as if to jump out.

"I am not understand"

"I intend to marry you, Miss Sulli"

"Is this a joke?"

"I assure you, that I meant it"

"But you can't, you can't" said Sulli sputtered and asked sharply. "What is your reason to marry me?"

"The time has come for me to have a wife." Minho replied quietly. "And when we meet in Seoul, I felt that we would each correspond to one another"

Sulli stands.

"I can't imagine, that you had better mean it, but I can't promise you that I will accept an offer that is so bizarre and the unexpected."

"Why not?" Minho asked. "I usually get what I want"

"I knew it" Sulli said. 'And I think, there is nothing to talk about it anymore and my mother would not be home until tonight, so you don't have to wait. "

During the talk, Sulli really want Minho to leave. The faster Minho go, the better.

"Please go away" said Sulli

'I think I'd better to clean to you Miss Sulli "said Minho

'About what? "

"I actually didn't mean to say the exact reason, but it may be the only way to make you understand the importance of this proposal" said Minho

"I explain you Mr. Choi, no single reason that makes me accept this proposal. Then leave me soon, as soon as possible."

'All this time I thought you loved your foster mother "

"Yes" said Sulli

"Do you mind doing something to save your foster mother of a scandal that would destroy her life?"

"Of course I'll do it" Sulli said, "but I ....."

"Jung Jeong ho has threatened to divorce your foster mother and accused Me as the person who should be responsible" said Minho

"Oh, poor Seo Unni" Sulli said. "Why, what happened?"

"Need I say that he has a bunch of caricatures" said Minho and Sulli silent.

"" One of the cartoons that caused this catastrophe ", he continued." That describe your foster mother and I'm in a such way that he suspected "

 

Sulli find so difficult to breathe, when Minho continued,

"The only way is to explain that I was engaged to you"

"Does he believe that?"

"He accepted on condition that we should get married soon"

Sulli wasn't able to answer it and a moment later Minho continued:

"You might expect that I must kneel down in your presence?"

She feel the cynical tone of his voice, Sulli turned her head and said sharply:

"There is no point in playing a play with me, you have to be rude to me and I will be the same anyway, I didn't want to marry you, but the situation you created, making me impossible to resist"

"I had suspected, that you would understand" Minho said. "Miss Sulli, I assure to you, that I will do my best to make you happy"

"Thank you"

"Then, tomorrow afternoon I'll see your mother again to talk about the marriage preparation"

"Well ..." Sulli said

Sulli take minho through the front door.

"I'll be back again tomorrow," said Minho

 

Sulli looked departure of Minho with a strange feeling, then closed the door and covered her face with her hands.

"No way this is actually happening"

This must be a dream! how she could have guessed that one of her paintings such as this can lead to difficulties. I should not sell the paintings.

"No one should know, that I painted it"

She trembles imagine how angry Minho when one day knowing who is the painter.

 

She believes that Minho will try to make her happy as he had promised. But whether she can be happy? She knows that Minho loves her foster mother and manipulate her to cover up their secret from  Mr.Jeong.

"How can I live a life like that?" she asked

 

a Moment, she was heard voices. She realized that  Yoon and Ma ri has come home.