Chapter 01

 lovable 

 


 

"It's coming, it's coming!"

Ma ri ran into the study room, where her sisters were sitting around a large table in the middle of the room.

"It's coming!" she said once again

"A letter?" asked Yoon

"What else," said Ma ri. "I'm sure when I saw the mailman through a big way, that there will be something exciting"

"How did you know that it came from my foster mother?" asked Sulli

She asked in a quiet, but she can't hide the excitement in her radiant  eyes.

As Answer Ma ri, showed the letter, so the girls can see the text contained in the cover letter and addressed to their mother with neat handwriting.

"She immediately reply  a letter from Mom," said Ma ri "I'm sure that she agreed" she continued  "Oh Sulli , how nice"

"Shouldn't I went and told Mom?" Ju ni propose

Ju ni is the youngest, she was only ten years old. Ma ri sixteen while Yoon a year older.

Ju ni have fine hair and big eyes and a small replica in the form of  Yoon and both are very similar to their mother.

"Don't! Don't you bother Mom" said Sulli quickly

"Why?" asked Ma ri

"Because she was busy with her books"

"Oh God, I hope we didn't disturb" said Ma ri

She looked with wonder face as she spoke, as if expecting her older sister will be denied. But Sulli just said calmly, "No, of course not. You know how Mom feels disturbed when she was interrupted while writing"

Ma ri put the letter on the table.

"I think I'll die of curiosity if mom is not immediately open the letter"

"It's only eleven o'clock" Sulli said. "We still have to wait until lunch time"

Yoon grumbling.

"Why do Mom has to concern herself with books all day?"

"I think Mom's writing a novel" Sulli said

'If only the novels it's good enough then we may be able to sell, "said Ma ri

"We're not going to do that sort of thing" argued Sulli

"Why not?" Ma ri reply

"But Mom would be very surprised if we propose to sell her work" Sulli said. "So that kind of proposal shouldn't need you to point out to Mom Mari, it will only make Mom sad"

"But a more miserable state is a state where we don't have the money at all" between Yoon with bitterness. "What clothes can you take or will you wear if your foster mother  accept you living in Seoul, Sulli?"

"I had to sew a new dress since a week ago" said Sulli

"A dress just doesn't make much sense in Seoul" said Yoon. "It is true! Especially when a faithful adherent of the 'Ladies Journal', in the magazine mentioned that at least we must required ten new dresses for traveling in Seoul"

 

At the age of seventeen, Yoon has been very much concerned in the fashion world. Of the four sisters, Yoon most feel inferior because they always wear cheap clothes. She also often feel sad and disappointed not to be able to follow the ways of dressing up like the one in the Ladies Journal magazine .

It is true, think Sulli. Her appearance will be very pathetic when she had to go to Seoul. Her mother has failed to realize that the age of nineteen years was enough to  Sulli to enjoy a more pleasant state that cann't be obtained at the place they live in this remote village.

 

 

Flashback

 

A priest used to come to their home to talk with Mrs.Choi. Before leaving, he said, "Madam, I always found how happy you have daughters who so sweet and delicate attitude. If one day they got married, then that day will be a day full of sadness because they would leave their homes. and I guess, Sulli will do it in a short time "

"Married? Sulli?" Said Mrs.Choi

"I think she was already nineteen years old" pastor replied. "A time when most women, especially beautiful as Sulli, start thinking about a coaching household itself"

"Yes of course sir priest" agreed Mrs.Choi

 

After Mr. pastor left, she immediately went to see Sulli and said carefully

"Honey, how I can be such forgetfulness? Forget that your age was nineteen, I've been ignoring all along"

"What is it Mom?" asked Sulli

"Your future!" responsible Mrs.Choi

"My future mom? What do you mean Mom?

"That's always been thought of by father and mother," said Mrs.Choi. "But I always feel so sad, so helpless since your father's death that I forgot that your age is nineteen"

"Is it too old Mom?" Sulli said, laughing. "Soon my teeth will fall out and my hair will be white-haired"

"I'm talking earnestly Sulli. We did not have anything but I expect a husband for you. You have to go to Seoul soon and get acquainted with a few good men"

  "We don't have enough money to go to Seoul Mom" said Sulli

"I'm not saying that we will personally finance the trip, I'm not as dumb  Sulli" said Mrs.Choi

"then, who will pay for my trip? Mom also know how little we have relatives in Seoul"

 

Since the death of their father, then Sulli is a  household affairs and manage all the expenses of her family. That she realized how difficult circumstances and how much trouble they have to take their heart in extracting every penny.

 

"I'm not going to ask for help from relatives and especially from your father relatives if we should die of hunger" Mrs.Choi said in an angry tone, but her voice remained soft and calm. "They never liked me because they expect your father to marry with wealth and until this day they never forgive your father"

 

"Dad love Mom" said Sulli

 

"Oh, I forgot something"

"What about Mom?" Said Sulli

"Write a letter to your foster mother, Seo. She lived in Seoul"

 

Mrs.Choi immediately wrote a letter to her friend. She asked her to accept Sulli as her foster daughter, in order to enjoy the beauty of Seoul and traveling with some good young man, who wouldn't be found in this small village. Seo is Mrs.Choi friends when they were teenagers and then split up because they have to follow their husbands.