Chapter 2 – Good Bye and Hello

Me and My Ghostly Brother

More than a week has passed since I entered school, and he's still annoying as ever. He even signed up my name for student council application. I don’t even know any more so I let him do what he wants. I'm too tired to respond to everything he did.

Today we went shopping together. Sometimes I go out somewhere with oppa because my mom is busy with her work, and Dad is resting because he was tired from work. Well, I’m fine with that and I don’t hate shopping, but I do hate shopping with him.

He is very active wherever he is; even here in the market. He greeted almost everyone here. I’m sure everyone here must’ve already known him. My brother is always nice to everyone.

"Auntie, we wanna to buy vegetables," we came inside the shop. Oppa, with his usual deadly-yet-angelic smile, made the shop aunty melt. In fact, they often give discounts because they fall for his smile.

"Ah, if it isn’t Chanyeol. Welcome, want to buy something?" And then, this old fart started acting all pretty and tempting to Chanyeol-oppa. I can see that she is very happy seeing Chanyeol-oppa, mainly because he is very handsome. I watched him silently in the back, waiting for my brother to finish his uh… melting-the girls’-hearts-thingy tactic.

"I want to buy some vegetables to make kimchi, aunty," said Chanyeol-oppa with a smile.

"Hmm, that means you need cabbage. How much do you need, Chanyeol?" once again this ahjumma tried to look pretty. I suddenly feel like throwing up.

"Oppa, hurry up, we have to buy something else," getting upset, I called oppa and looked at ahjumma cynically.

"Oh, you're right. Two cabbages, please, "said Chanyeol-oppa, who then gives money.

Ahjumma looked disappointed. She then gave oppa the cabbages with listless face, "Here it is, Chanyeol, thank you. Come again, okay? "And give me a cynical view. Of course I do not want to lose, I immediately turned my face.

"So, Hayi, what should we buy next?" he asked.

"Chilies," I said, reading my grocery list.

"All right," When I turned around to see oppa, he was already in front of place with chili shops with his smile. Yes, he strikes again, I can only sigh see him like that. However, sometimes it is also very helpful.

"Hayi-ah~" I immediately turned around when he called me. He waved at me from far away, and he was in front of chili shop. I came to the place, because he seemed to want me to go there. If I see from his face, it looks like he wanted to give me something. And it's always painted on his face.

"What is it?” I walked to him.

He suddenly put a flower in my ear. Of course I was surprised when he did it. The flower he gave is a beautiful jasmine flower.

"It suits you, Hayi. You look very beautiful," he smiled again as usual. And, I could only see him with a sigh.

"Thank you, oppa," I smiled.

"You’re welcome, Hayi. Now let's go," He my head and then walked away.

Ahaha… Oppa always try to look cool, but deep inside his heart, he is very happy.

☻☻

"Oppa, it looks like we've bought all the ingredients," I read my list and see all is in check.

"Ok, now, let's buy other things~" He then took my hand away with his spirit.

What else do you want to buy, idiot? I had enough with all this heavy groceries.

He then stopped in front of the supermarket with enthusiasm, "Oppa will buy ice cream for both of us~ What do you want, Hayi?"

"Hmm, I like the chocolate one, oppa," I said happily. Well, at least he is buying me ice cream.

"All right, oppa will buy you one, wait here, okay?" Then oppa went into the supermarket with excitement.

I waited at the front to observe this place. There are so many people here. Then I saw my brother who was buying ice cream passionately.

Then the wind blows, flew the flowers that were still in my head.

"The flowers," I then tried to chase the flower because it suddenly flew. Dunno why but, I don’t want to let the flowers go just like that. Because it is a gift from Chanyeol-oppa, I felt compelled to pick it up. I ran to chase it, ignoring the crowd. I didn’t know that I’m taking the steps to death.

From a distance, I could hear, he called me with a shout. Wait oppa, I barely managed to catch it. Yeah, I caught it, I made it, I turned around and saw Chanyeol-oppa run fast with all his might, even he immediately threw the ice cream in his hands. He looked very frightened, and he's getting closer. I'm confused by him.

Why?

What is it?

But he did not answer, he kept calling me, "Hayi!!"

He jumped.

After that, I didn’t know what was going on. I heard everyone screaming hysterically. As if there was a terrific crash at this time. I'm still in a state of shock, and slowly tried to open my eyes.

I saw it.

I saw Chanyeol-oppa, covered in blood. I tried to go there, go to his side. But I can’t. I can no longer open my eyes.

What happened?

Oppa, you're okay, right?

"I'm fine, Hayi," I'm surprised to hear that voice, I turned around and saw Chanyeol-oppa smiling as usual to me.

I ran to him and hugged him, "Oppa, I thought you would go forever,"

"No way, oppa is always with you, Hayi," he replied and hugged me tightly.

I can feel it. He's still there… The oppa whom I love still exist. Thank you, thank you, oppa, don’t ever go away again. I can’t live without you. I had tears in my eyes slowly. I imagined if oppa’s gone forever, that will be the most horrible thing in the world. I don’t want that to happen. Never!

He let go of his arms and looked at me, "Take it easy, Hayi. Oppa, will always be here, do not cry. Isn’t my sister always cheerful? "

"Yes, oppa, thank you," I tried to stop the tears this time. I had to smile at oppa, so he stayed here.

Then Chanyeol-oppa became luminous, very bright and fiery. I was surprised, what's this? Why did he seem as if he’s going to disappear forever? What is happening now? Someone, please, do not let him go out of my sight.

"Oppa! Oppa! Don’t go!" I started to cry again, because his body starts to become transparent. I cried louder and even louder, when I could no longer touch him.

Chanyeol-oppa, just smiling, and trying to laugh, "Haha, do not worry, Hayi. Oppa, will always be with you… So please, don’t cry… "

"What are you saying, idiot?! You’re going to disappear! How could you be with me forever, huh?” I shouted. How could he say such a thing? I'm scared, I'm scared that he'll go away and leave me alone.

He is slowly diminishing, "Hehehe, it seems that oppa isn’t very good at lying, huh? Ahaha… Sorry, Hayi. Forgive me, okay? And promise me something, Hayi. You must keep smiling, ok?”

"No! Don’t go, oppa!" I kept crying and crying, but I couldn’t do anything. I kept trying to hold the shadow of Chanyeol-oppa which was going to disappear. I kept screaming his name.

However, he disappeared.

Gone.

Forever.

What? Oppa, where are you?

Oppa, don’t leave me!

Chanyeol-oppa!!!

Even though I know, calling his name is now useless. He’s no longer in front of me. I kept crying. I hoped that this is all just a dream and when I wake up, Chanyeol-oppa will still smile at me as usual.

I opened my eyes again.

I see the atmosphere here is very different to my room. Then I looked around again, I realized that I was now in the hospital. I was lying in a bed. Nobody was here, I was alone. I tried to get up from my bed. Although I still feel pain all over my body, I tried to walk, and my hand is in case of an IV. So I brought the IV pole with me.

I walked out of my room. I see the state of hospital was deserted at this time. However, I also heard a sound of cries in the room. I was curious and walked straight to the spot. I also saw a lot of people came; especially they all wear black colored clothes. Did someone died?

I'm getting closer, and one by one, I know everyone who comes. Fear started to fill my heart. Hopefully this is a moment I thought would not happen. I'm afraid, but I still encourage myself to come closer. Apparently, I had to strengthen my heart when goes into.

Because of all the things that exist in the world, just this, just this, something I never want to see.

I saw all the people crying very loudly. And I'm still in a state of suffocation, keep going to see who they are crying about. And I saw my parents being there. I tried to come closer and see...

Picture of Chanyeol-oppa was there, a photograph of him smiling happily.

Why??

Oppa, where are you?!

Oppa, answer me!

I began to shed my eyes. I can’t say anything anymore. Both of my parents finally notice me. They look at me who still looked weak with an IV in my hand. I kept walking closer to a coffin.

"Oppa! Chanyeol-oppa!" Everyone saw me who kept shouting in front of the coffin.

My parents tried to call me, "Hayi, Hayi, you should rest," I can feel the sad aura from my parents.

But, I didn’t care. I still continue to hold this coffin. I can’t believe it; I don’t want to believe it.

NO!

"Oppa! You're supposed to laugh with me now, we should take a walk again in the middle of the city!"

"Oppa, you told me that you will always be with me. Don’t lie to me, oppa!" I kept screaming and crying in front of the coffin.

I know, I know he's not coming back.

But, why? Why did he have to go so fast?

I still haven’t told him that I was very fond of him.

I still haven’t told him that I was always grateful to him.

I still haven’t told him that I was grateful to have a brother like him, that I was keeping my time with him.

"Oppa! Don’t go! Oppa!" my crying voice can be heard through the room.

"Hayi, you should rest, Hayi ...," my parents continued begging me to stop crying. But… I can’t. Mom, Dad… I can’t accept this fact.

I can’t accept the fact that he’s gone.

"Why? Huaaaa... whyyyy?!"

I hugged my brother's coffin tightly, although there is still a drip rope in my hands. I'm still trying to hug it. I didn’t want to be separated from him. I didn’t care if people see me like this.

I… I don’t want to be apart from him.

Then, I felt very tired and fainted. I can see all the people trying to catch me. Before I close my eyes, I can see at a glance, Chanyeol-oppa, smiling at me now. I then closed my eyes. I fell asleep again because I was so tired.

Chanyeol-oppa… thank you for everything.

☻☻

I woke up from my sleep again. Even so, I don’t want to get up, and still hoped that what happened before was only a bad dream. But, even though I hoped and prayed all my life, all of this, is reality. I saw my room looks deserted. Now, I'm not trying to go, I stay in this room. I just wanted pensive here. I tried to remember everything. I got up and put my legs against my face.

I remembered that I was in the market; I took a walk together with oppa. He gave me flowers. Also, he wanted to buy me ice cream. Then I realized, when I was trying to take the flowers, it happened. Yes, I remember. Oppa was hit by a truck when he was trying to save me.

I...

I have killed him.

Because of me, he got hit.

Why do I even survive?

I have killed,oppa.

ME! ME! I was the one who is wrong.

I should be the one who’s dead.

I have killed him; all of this are my fault.

"That’s not true, Hayi."

Eh, oppa’s voice?

Why did I even hear his voice?

Am I hallucinating because I’m sad?

Oppa, I'm… I'm sorry. I was wrong.

"You’re not wrong, Hayi, you didn’t do anything wrong."

Why do I continue to hear his voice?

Oppa, do you still exist in this world?

"Yeah, I'm still here, Hayi."

Once again, I heard it. I tried not to believe. Trying to continue to hear the voice, it seems like I'm dreaming again. But it’s okay, just let me continue to listen to his voice.

"Oppa, I'm sorry."

"You do not have to apologize, Hayi. It’s our fate.”

"But, oppa," Somehow, I feel that the voice is very real. I wonder why.

"Hayi, it's okay, oppa will continue to be with you now."

I lifted my face and looked around, "Ah… It looks like, I’m just imagining things.Oppa can’t be here. What a fool I am."

"You’re not imagining things, Hayi."

Then I turned, and saw something that should not be seen. I was shocked, really shocked. What? What is happening now in this place?

I...

I'm not on drugs, right? I'm not dreaming, right?

"O-oppa?" I said, stammering when I saw oppa beside me. He smiled happily, a smile that he always showed to me. I became speechless, and also shocked.

Moreover, he also speaks, "Ehehehe, oppa is keeping the promise to be with you. So, now I’m here~"

Yes, something that is done by people who saw the dead is definitely....

…screaming.

So I screamed amazingly loud, because I was so damn scared.

While oppa is still visible, and with his usual stupid smile he said, "Apparently, I was too hasty to be seen by you, hehehe~"


*from Author

Here it is the second chapter. I hope you enjoy it. I know it's kinda angst.
Sorry for some wrong grammar. Don't forget to give some comment <3
Thank you ;-;/