Chapter 5 – Can I Survive?

Me and My Ghostly Brother

Ok, now, my situation is really terrible. Some girls tried to corner me, but then someone tried to save me. Also, this person is so cool; she's tall and beautiful. She’s fit to be my brother’s friends, because she also has some sparkle like them.

"What do you want, huh?" said a girl with a disgusted face.

"Can’t you shut up or something?" The cool girl said, and then she released the girl’s hand.

One of the girls looks scared; she immediately drew their friends, and whispered, "We better not deal with her. That girl is Jiyoung, an expert kendo player. We should back off for now."

Suddenly Chanyeol-oppa’s eyes sparkled. "Wow, cool! She’s good at kendo too, Hayi! You are really lucky that she’s helping you,” oppa said in excitement.

He’s right, I was very lucky. I think I will always be fated to meet people who shine. Is it probably because I’m Chanyeol-oppa’s sister? Haha... I don’t think so.

Then, one by one the girls move away from her, and they looked at me with terrible gaze. I don’t understand, why are they doing this to me? I didn’t do anything bad to them. Is it wrong to be oppa’s sister? Why should I be bullied because of him? I remembered, when I was still in junior high, people also often to blame because I am his sister. However, Chanyeol-oppa always helps me and defends me. Even though all of that happened, I never hated Chanyeol-oppa.

Jiyoung, she was the one who saved me. She looked at me with a cold gaze, and then she asked, "Are you okay?"

I'm feeling a little scared to say, "I’m okay, thank you."

"Don’t mind. It’s because I need peace for myself, so no need to think much about it," she said, and then walked away.

Of course, I immediately followed her, she has saved me. I'm very grateful to her, "But still, thank you. Uh, I’m Hayi."

She turned and saw me, "I know, everyone already knew you, especially since you are Chanyeol’s sister."

Huh? So, everyone already knew I’m Chanyeol-oppa’s sister, but why?

"You should be proud to be my sister, Hasyi," said Chanyeol-oppa with a stupid smile.

Huh, proud you said? You the biggest source of all of my problems, idiot. He looked very glad because I now seem to be known by everyone, while I don’t feel pleased at all. I never want everyone to talk about me.

"And your name is?" I asked her.

"Oh, I’m Jiyoung, I’m also in the same grade as you," said Jiyoung who’s running toward her place.

I followed her, "Uh, so, Jiyoung, nice to meet you."

"Hmm," she just sat in her place, and opened her book.

I stopped talking. Uh, so now the situation looks awkward. However, because she is my savior at least I have to give my gratitude to her. So, I decided to sit next to her at this time, although there are no things to talk about. However, Chanyeol-oppa now beside me was saying something. Maybe I could talk to him a little with low voice, so Jiyoung can’t hear us.

"Psst, oppa, I do not know what to say now," I said in hushed tones, because now Jiyoung is not too close to me.

“Try asking her why she joined this training. I'm also curious about her," said Chanyeol-oppa who then flew towards Jiyoung who is reading a book.

I braced myself to get close to her, because I also wanted to talk to her, "Uh, excuse me, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm, sure," said Jiyoung who still read the book.

"Err, why did you join this training?" I asked with a little hesitation.

"Probably the same reason with you. I also want to be a member of the student council," said Jiyoung.

"Oh, that..."

"And you, why do you want to join this? Hmm, let me guess, it must be because your brother asked you, right?” Jiyoung said, and then she closed her book.

I was surprised by her words; she looked at me with a serious face. I gulped nervously, "Uh, how do you know?"

"You don’t look like the kind of person who wanted to do something like this," she said coldly.

"But-,"

"If that’s your only reason, I don’t think you deserve to be a member," she then stood up from her place while carrying her book.

I was surprised to see her who suddenly stands up. I saw her with a puzzled face, "Why do you say that?"

"Well, you’re not taking this seriously at all, right? So why bother? Just resign already," she then walked away and left me.

I tried to hold her by shouting, "Wait, but I'm here also because I have other reasons!"

She then paused for a moment, but she did not turn face, "Hmph, we should be gathering at the field any time now, you'd better get ready," and then she left me alone in this room.

I could silent hearing her words. I then saw Chanyeol-oppa with a sad face. I was a bit annoyed with him and myself. I do not want him to be my reason for join student council. I know that I attend this training because he told me to, but still I'm here today because I want to.

"Oppa, I shouldn’t have attended this training from the beginning," I then lowered my face and looked at the floor.

"Hayi..."

☻☻

"Is everyone here?"

"Of course!"

We all gathered in the field to do our first activity today. Although it’s still morning, we're ready to do a lot of activities. Of course, to be a member of the student council will not be easy. So now we all are lined up waiting for our first task. The one who lead us is Sooyoung-unni, she was in front to let everyone know about their work.

I was a little surprised when she told us what to do. Our first task is to introduce ourselves. Huh? What? Did not they already have our data? Why we should introduce ourselves? I continue to ask myself, and then Chanyeol-oppa answers all question.

"It’s because they want to see the sincerity of each person," said Chanyeol-oppa who is beside me.

"Huh? But why?" I asked with a puzzled.

"Well, writing pretty words is easy but saying all those words in public isn’t as easy as simply writing. However, if we are serious and sincere writing it, we certainly can express it," said Chanyeol-oppa.

"But oppa, I..."

"Take it easy, Hayi, I know you can do it," said Chanyeol-oppa, smiling.

Although he said that, I still feel hesitant. I'm also still confused by why I'm here today. However, I’m sure that I can and will find it myself. I also want to prove to Jiyoung and the others that I am here not just because my brother told me. I also have my own reason to be here this time.

One by one, each person came forward and tells about themselves, they also say the reason they are here now. The reasons why they are want to be a member of the student council. Everyone have a different reason. I realized that they all want to do this for someone. For the sake of someone they respect. I, I'm also here because someone I care about, and there's nothing wrong with that.

"Good morning everyone, my name is Kang Jiyoung,"

Now is Jiyoung’s turn to introduce herself. She seems very confident. Her eyes were b with confidence. She is actually the type of person who is very perfect. I could only look at her in awe. Maybe she was right, maybe the only reason I’m here was just because someone told me to.

"I am here because I want to be a member of the student council. I want to be someone who can be useful for the others, not only for my own desires. I am here to change many things. I will make everything to be even better."

Jiyoung say with full confidence. I give a standing ovation along with the people who are here. What she say give us all a light. She really strongly believes in herself. That’s giving her more charisma than everyone else.

"Okay, and next, Park Hayi-ssi," Sooyoung-Unni said.

I was surprised because at the moment I was still transfixed with Jiyoung who ran toward her place. I, who looked clumsy, walked forward. All eyes were on me, and people started to whisper, "Chanyeol's sister". However, I didn’t care; I continued to walk forward together with Chanyeol-oppa who is now at my side. When I got there, Sooyoung-Unni smiled to me, "Fighting!" She then gave me the microphone to talk in the front. I took a breath and looked at Chanyeol-oppa who is beside me for a moment.

"Err, good morning, everyone. My name is Park Hayi," I said.

I feel a little scared now, because everyone started whispering to their friends. My voice wouldn’t come out. I stood silent. What should I do?

"Speak up, Hayi."

"Oppa?"

"You can do it," he then smiled at me. I then nodded to him. I get courage from him. I can definitely talk now.

"So, as you know, I am Park Chanyeol’s sister. He was the former vice chairman of our student council," I started to say something.

"Continue, Hayi," said Chanyeol-oppa while giving his smile

"Well, it might seem strange if his sister suddenly became a member of the student council. Moreover, my brother was the vice chairman of the council. I knew I was different from him. I've always been compared to him. However, I’m different with him, I’m Park Hayi," I said confidently.

"Good, Hayi," said Chanyeol-oppa again.

"First, I want to be a member of the student council, because my brother told me. Yet, over time, I realized one thing. My brother always works hard. He was always smiling to everyone. That is the reason he is to be a council member. He wants to see everyone smile because him. He wants everyone to smile and respect each other."

"Hayi ..."

"I realize it now. Though I'm much different with him, I wanted to continue what Chanyeol-oppa has done in this school. Cause I love him so much... And I respect him. He is my very precious brother. Though he is not here, but I can always feel his presence. So, everybody, I'm still lacking in everything, butI will certainly do my best to fight!”

I wiped my tears before saying anything. I also looked at Chanyeol-oppa who was in front of me, "Oppa, look at me. I can do it, I know..." and then I look to every person who was in front of me; I bowed to them all, "I will do my best, everyone."

Then the atmosphere of the place was a bit quiet for a moment. I think I've said the wrong thing, but suddenly I heard the sound of applause. One by one, each person gave me a round of applause. And I dared myself to look ahead; I cannot hold my tears this time, I am really grateful. Even Jiyoung joined everyone to give applause.

When I turned back, I saw Baekhyun-oppa and Sooyoung-unni gave me applause. I smiled at them. Chanyeol-oppa who is next to me also gives me applause.

Oppa, thank you.

"Everyone, thank you," for the last time I looked at them all before heading back to my place.

Everyone still clap their hands. One by one came closer to me.

"It’s a very good speech, Hayi,"

"Fighting, Hayi, you can do it!"

"That was really great,"

Then I was more surprised to see Jiyoung who walked to me, and she smiled at me, "I admit it now. You have your own reason reason to be here."

"Thank you, Jiyoung," I smiled back.

Then all the applause stopped, when Sooyoung-unni started talking, "Well, thank you for all your introductions. And now, all participants can directly go to the cafeteria for lunch."

☻☻

"You were so cool, Hayi."

"Uh, thanks."

Now all the people gathered around me at lunch, they are sit with me. I was surprised by what happened now. However, I was happy that they all came to give spirit to me. I can be here now, because Chanyeol-oppa.

"Looks like you haven’t known us. Starting from me, I’m Heeyoon, she is Namyoung, and that’s Jinan."

"Oh, nice to meet you, I’m Hayi."

"We already know who you are, Hayi," said Namyoung, smiling at me.

I'm glad that they're all here. Jiyoung is also here, eating with us. It looks like she is also very close to those girls. Well, of course she is, since she is really beautiful and strong. I started eating lunch and Chanyeol-oppa now is babbling to me.

"Ah, it seems food this year is delicious, unlike last year when oppa was still a participant," said Chanyeol-oppa while floating.

Ahaha... he’s saying unimportant things as usual. I’m already used to his nonsense though. He then started to fly around and said, "Finally, Hayi can shine more~"

He then stops right in front of me. Me? Shining? Does that mean I also sparkle like him and his friends? That’s impossible.

"That's certainly possible, everything is possible," he then smiled at me.

You're right, oppa

After that, Jiyoung who already finished eating say something, "By the way, do you guys know that tonight we will do test for bravery?"

"Huh? Really? That sounds interesting!" Jinan said with enthusiasm.

"But I'm afraid to see a ghost," said Heeyoon.

Test for bravery? It doesn’t seem scary to me because I had seen a ghost every day. Yes, that's right; Chanyeol-oppa is a ghost. Do I need to be afraid to that kind of thing? No, I don’t think so.

"What do you think, Hayi? Are you afraid of ghosts?" Namyoung ask.

"Hehehe, yeah, a little," I said.

"We’re on the same boat then!" Heeyoon said cheerfully.

Then I looked at Chanyeol-oppa who’s trying to make a scary face. He wanted to try to look scary but well... he can’t. He’s too kind, even face looks too kind, so he can’t look scary. With his angel face he then said something to me,

"This year, what kind of challenge will they give? Hehehe, it’s going to be interesting!"


*from Author

Hi, everyone~! Yay for the new chapter. There'll be unexpected even in the next chapter. I hope I can update this faster~! Well, that's all, see you in the next chapter~ Don't forget to give some comment <3