Chapter 8 – The member of Student Council

Me and My Ghostly Brother

            Today, as usual I went to school, but this time something was different. I finally became the member of student council. After two days of struggle during the training, I managed to become one. Chanyeol-oppa also helped me to what I am now. Although, I still don’t have any intention, but now I found a reason to be student council. I will help everyone.

            “Hayi!” I can hear Minzy’s voice from distant. Of course, she would call me, because now I've got to school and Minzy saw me from far away. Looks like, she is very happy to see me in the morning. But I'm not really happy thought, because it seems I have to tell everything about those two days to Minzy.

            “Good morning, Minzy,” I said, walking toward her.

            She was getting closer and smiled at me, “Congratulations, you finally become a member of the student council.”

            “Hehehe, thanks, Minzy.” I told her.

            Maybe you know, right now, Chanyeol-oppa is also flown around me, excited. He looked so happy since we walked from, as usual he would say anything to me. However, the yesterday incident kept replaying in my mind, he was a little tight-lipped when we return from the training event. Perhaps, it’s because he was very worry with my conditions. But, within a few hours he instantly changed his mood. He is very easy to change his feelings.

            I and Minzy then walked over to the classroom, because she was on my side, I can not speak to Chanyeol-oppa. But I also do not feel disturbed for not speaking with him. Leave it alone, just let him speak until he’s satisfied.

            “Hmm, so Hayi, you must tell the whole story about your training,” said the exciting Minzy when we both got to the front door of the classroom.

            “Haa, ok, but it is better to discuss it later when it breaks. It’s time for the class now.” I said with a sigh for a moment and look at her.

            Minzy still looked excited, “Ok, do not forget your promise, Hayi.” She walked into the classroom, and then to her seat.

            I also did the same thing, because the bell also rang when I am about to enter. Therefore also, I start a conversation with Chanyeol-oppa while walking to my seat, “Oppa.”

            Chanyeol-oppa looked excited when I called him, “What is it, Hayi-ah?”

            I was already sitting in my seat to look at him directly, “What would I do as a member of the student council, later?”

            “Whoa, it’s a good question, Hayi. Of course as a member of the student council, you will do a lot of things. Primarily, you will often having a meeting, taking care of the school.” He went on to say.

            I could only see him that seemed so eager to say all those things. In fact, he was talking too fast; I could not catch his words anymore. Ok, Oppa, you're supposed to relax a little bit, I just ask you one question. So, as I hear him, I thought something from his words. There is only one thing that I catch, that we would often have a meeting. For that matter, it does not sound that bad.

            “That's how things are done by the members of the student council, Hayi. So, what do you think?” Chanyeol-oppa said it with eyes that seemed full of hope that I would say something like I admired him.

            But, as he finished his words, the teacher goes into the classroom, “Hmm, I do not know. The teacher has come, oppa, we should continue later.”

            “What? Hayi-ah!” Chanyeol-oppa shows his frowning face to me. Somehow, I felt he looked cute with a face like. Uh, wait a minute, cute? Why am I thinking right now? Jeez, Hayi, wake up! Chanyeol-oppa will always fail in making a cute face.

            “We can continue our conversation later, opaa.” I said, smiling at him.

            “Well, whatever,” said Chanyeol-oppa who looked annoyed. He then moved away from me and flies.

            Maybe I have to admit, Chanyeol-oppa will always look cute when he's upset like that. But, I'm sure, in a few minutes, his mood will change. He would come after me as usual, because that is what Chanyeol-oppa always does.

☻☻

            “So, that is what has happen in the training event yesterday.” I said as I explained everything to Minzy.

            Now we're in the cafeteria, enjoying our meal. Since we was still in class, I've start told all to Minzy, she also looked a little surprised to hear my story. Especially the part about how I fell. Of course, she surprised too for the part where Baekhyun-oppa helped me too. Minzy's face looked very excited to hear all about it.

            Also, Chanyeol-oppa was sitting in front while listening to our conversation. He also heard it carefully, especially when he added a few stories from his side. Perhaps, I could tell everything completely because of him. It's funny if he could see everything, while I was unconscious.

            “So, Baekhyun-oppa really saves you?!” Minzy was in total shocked.

            Chanyeol-oppa even responded too, “Yes! Baekhyun is the one who save her from the hill!" But, oppa, she can not hear you, or even see you.

            “Shhh, you do not need to be too loud, Minzy. But, that was the story I heard, I don’t really see what happen after I lost my consciousness.” I said, taking the first spoon of the food.

            “But isn’t that a good thing, Hayi? Baekhyun is handsome and well-known in school. You are very lucky.” Minzy eyes were sparkled as if it was amazing to be saved by him.

            Chanyeol-oppa looked surprised at her words. He gave a shocked face. Then, he looked sad and said something under his breath, “Baekhyun is indeed handsome, but if he’s with Hayi, I..," as he was about to say more, I turned and gave a deadly gaze. I also move my mouth to him without a voice, “I don’t any feeling to him," then I turned again see Minzy. It seems Chanyeol-oppa now relieved but mixed with fear.

            “Never mind, Minzy.” I also do not want to continue this conversation. Then I continue my eating with her. I see the cafeteria atmosphere for a moment and when I turned, I see Jiyoung from afar, also with her other friends who was walking along with their tray. Looks like one of them saw me, they shouted.

            “Hayi-ssi!”

            I saw them waving excitedly. I also waved to them all. One of them, which is Heeyoon, walked over toward us excitedly. She immediately sat down next to me, followed by the other friend.

            “Hayi-ssi, we meet again,” said Heeyoon while giving me a smile.

            Namyoung then went on to say, “Yeah, especially you are now a member of the student council.”

            “Yes.”

            Together they turned their eyes toward Minzy who was right in front of me. They all looked surprised to see her there. Even their eyes got widen to see Minzy. Of course, I was a little surprised to see them like that. I'm curious about what's happening now. Jinan then stood up from where her sit and pointed at Minzy.

            “You! You are Minzy, right?!” said Jinan, pointing at Minzy.

            Minzy looked surprised to see her finger, but she could only respond slowly, “Err, Yes, I’m.”

            Yep, they all immediately looked very excited. With a quick movement they stood up from their seats and walked to Minzy. Perhaps, this scene looks very funny to me now, because of their eyes are sparkling.

            “You .. you are the famous dancing machine!” Namyoung said excitedly.

            “Y-yes! We really know about you since junior high school, Minzy,” said Heeyoon, added more comment.

            Minzy looked confused with the suddent talk, but she tried to respon their words one by one with a smile, “Haha, thank you. I do not think that anyone knows me that long.” Minzy turned out to be popular as well.

            "We also did not expect to be in the same school as you, Minzy," said Jinan that looked very happy.

            They then continued their conversation, while I was just looking at this scene with a proud face. Now, I looked Chanyeol-oppa who was sitting on my left. He also saw this scene with me.

            “You have a popular friend, Hayi.” He smiled as he’s saying it.

            “Hehe, you're right, oppa. My friend is also popular.” I reply quietly so no one heard me.

            Suddenly, Jiyoung sat at my right with the tray in her hand. She immediately took the bread, and then takes the first bite. While doing so, she also said, “It turns out that you have a friend like her, Hayi,” as usually Jiyoung always looks cool with what she did.

            “Of course,” I smiled.

            She continued to speak with me, “I'm glad you could forgive them, Hayi.”

            I was a little surprised to hear her words, and then I turned to her with a puzzled face, “Uh, of course I would forgive, they, Jiyoung. What's wrong with it?”

            “No, it's just that even though they did those terrible things to you. You still can forgive them,” said Jiyoung. She was looking at her friend. They were talking happily.

            “Maybe, because I understand their feelings, you know, liking someone could make us creating big mistake,” I said. Somehow I can feel Chanyeol-oppa looked sad with my words. I felt sad too with what I said, because I’m the one who made him go. But, it does not matter now, because I'm still with him.

            “You are right. They always liked good-looking people, and ultimately hurt the people close to the person they adored. Even though, they are not evil,” said Jiyoung, who then takes a drink beside her.

            “You really know them well, Jiyoung. In fact, they are always with you.” I said that to look at her.

            She's laugh a little to hear my words, she said, “Hmph, maybe you're right.” I do not understand the meaning of her words. I still have no clue with it. Apparently, I'll get the answer later.

            Suddenly, Heeyoon was running towards us with, she said something, “Hayi, Jiyoung, you know, Minzy promised to us to show us all her dance move.”

            I saw Minzy and said, “Is that true, Minzy?”

            Minzy looked totally done with these people, “Yep, because they kept asking me.”

            “Minzy will dance with the famous dance machine too!” Namyoung added.

            I was surprised to hear it, “Who?”

            “Kai,” said Minzy who replied to their words.

            “You know him, Minzy?” I asked, confused.

            “Nah, I never met him before,” said Minzy, in doubt.

            “Therefore, we all are going to help Minzy to meet Kai," said Jinan, smiling.

            Well, Minzy finally meet someone who is almost as good as her in terms of dancing. I wonder who he is, I’m very curious to find out. Along with it, the bell rang, Jiyoung finished eating her bread. She stood up and saw me.

            “After school, the student council members will gather in the student council room. Do not forget to come, Hayi.” Jiyoung speak as she walks away.

            “Don’t worry.”

            Then the four of them decided to go first. Although it seems the three girls did not want to go from Minzy. After they left, I and Minzy decided to go back to class, because it looks like we'll be late. Surely we do not want to be punished by the teacher. Together with us, Chanyeol-oppa also flew on my side to get to class.

☻☻

            Now, we are getting an explanation about student council members. Baekhyun-oppa gives instruction to everyone here. Also, he explains how to work for the next council. Of course I heard it carefully. Chanyeol-oppa is beside me, helping me by explain all of Baekhyun-oppa just said. I was glad he was here to explain everything to me.

            “Ok, that's your work as members of the student council. Furthermore, we will give a book to each of you,” said Baekhyun-oppa He made some people give each member of the new book. He went on to explain, “The book is a guide book and a report for each of you. So, you can write important notes on it.”

            After receiving the book, I open some pages. Everything was written really well and tidy. Perhaps, this is what student council really is. We will be disciplined in everything that exists.

            “Oh, yes. Announcements will be announced at the board in front of the student council room. You can check for announcements from us. Maybe that's all we can tell. Is there any questions?” Baekhyun-oppa speaks while everyone watches him. No one raised their hand, they all just nodded, and seemingly everyone understands his explanation.

            When he finished with the explanation, someone came forward, saying, “If there's no question, you can go, because we will have a meeting.” Then one by one everyone walked away from the student council room. When I was about to go out of the room someone held me back. That person is Sooyoung-unni. She said something to me, "Wait, Hayi, you can not go home alone. Let Baekhyun that take you home.”

            I was a little surprised to hear the words, “Eh? What?”

            Baekhyun-oppa then approached me, “It’s okay, Hayi. You can wait outside for a while; I'll come in a minute.”

            “Uh, okay.” I could not refuse them now. Their intention is actually good, so I do not have to feel weird now. But, I and Chanyeol-oppa looked totally confused now. Strange! Why is Chanyeol-oppa confused too? Is not he shall happy that his friend want to take me home safely?

            So when we got outside, I talk to him, “What’s wrong, Chanyeol-oppa?”

            “Eh! No nothing, just that...” He fell silent again. He really looked in doubt.

            I wanted to like that, “Why? Are you not happy because Baekhyun-oppa will me home?" I saw Chanyeol-oppa with smiling face.

Chanyeol-oppa look surprised to hear my words, he seemed embarrassed too, “Uh, no, of course I'm happy, Hayi, but...”

            “But, oppa, you are jealous right?” I smirk.

            “Ah, not at all, I’m so glad you can go home together with my friend, Hayi.” He then took a quick step out of my sight. I could only laugh. I tried to run after him now.

            “Hahaha, Chanyeol-oppa, so foolish.”

            Without I realized at all, Baekhyun-oppa was already behind me. I heard a voice from behind. Indeed, the words coming out of his mouth was scary thing to be heard at this time, “Whom you are talking too, Hayi?" I immediately turned around and saw he is right in front of me now. Looks like, he's been there since before. I can not speak anything else; I'm just showing him my shocked face.

            “Did you say ‘Chanyeol-oppa’?”

            Chanyeol-oppa who suddenly were next to me, say something, “How can this be, Hayi? What should we do?”

            Hah, that's right, oppa. What should I do now? Your words are really not helping me right now, oppa. I breathed heavily.


From author:
It's been three years since my last update. I hope I can continue to update this story, because I already wrote this until the 15th chapter + 3 special chapter.