Chapter 4 – Student Council

Me and My Ghostly Brother

"Everyone, meet Hayi. She’ll also be our student council member candidate," said Baekhyun-oppa, then he goes on to introduce the other candidates.

Yes, I am currently in the student council room. In a room which I never expected to enter because I never wanted to in my whole life. And yes, the whole reason why I'm here today is because of him, Chanyeol-oppa. He is my brother who died just recently and then came back in the form of a ghost. He’s now haunting my life, even though he was not much of a bother.

So here I am, in a room full of fresh candidates. We’re going to be tested. They all seemed very excited, unlike me who has no spirit at all. Apparently the one who looks most excited about this is my stupid-looking-brother, who’s now next to me, Chanyeol-oppa. Urgh, just look at the weird expression he’s wearing now. It’s giving me nausea.

"Yaaay~~! Oh Hayi, you don’t know how long I’ve waited for this. I’m sooo happy~" He then flew here and there like an idiot. If only everyone can look at him now. He looked really, really, really happy. Too bad I can’t reply to him, or at least stop him from flying around, since I’d look crazy if I talk to that someone who’s not visible to anyone else besides me. I don’t want to be known as a lunatic. Not in my whole life.

"So, you're all here to do the training before becoming an official member of student council. And of course, we will only choose who deserves to be the member. So you have to be ready!" said Baekhyun-oppa.

Everyone looked so amazed to see Baekhyun-oppa, but not me. There are many girls here who want to become members of student council. The only reason they want to join is probably because they want to date the people in the student council, because as you know, our current student council has good looks. Chanyeol-oppa for example. He’s like a light to everyone here, unlike me who am mere shadow.

And then, the long-awaited moment by the candidates in this place, self-introductions of the members of the student council, "Okay, now I will introduce the members of the student council for this year."

"The first one is Suho-sunbae. He is our student council president, a third grader," said Baekhyun-oppa while pointing to someone who was not far from him.

All the girls scream when they saw him, their scream made me surprised. I then looked Chanyeol-oppa who’s floating next to me, his face was showing a weird expression. Oh, my bad. His face is always weird.

In a low voice I said, "What is it now, oppa?"

"He’s my rival," said Chanyeol-oppa.

I was surprised to hear his words. My brother, who always looks perfect, turned out to have a rival.

"Your… rival?" I asked one more time just to make sure I didn’t hear wrong.

"Yep. He’s the second most popular here. Only the second though. The number one’s obviously me, and he could never defeat me. In fact he still lost to me now," said Chanyeol-oppa, proudly.

"Seriously, oppa?" I said.

"But let me tell you something about him, Hayi," Chanyeol-oppa said in a serious tone.

"What?"

"That guy looks uh… very mysterious to me," said Chanyeol-oppa.

"Huh? Why?" his words successfully drag me into confusion once again.

"He’s always unpredictable. And by always I mean always. So be careful mkay, Hayi?” said Chanyeol-oppa.

"Of course, because I’m your sister, oppa," I said with a confident smile.

“Ahem,” Baekhyun-oppa then continues his words. "As you know, our vice chairman, Chanyeol, had died a few days ago. Now his sister, Park Hayi, will join the student council as well," he then pointed at me. Suddenly all eyes were on me, and I start to feel uneasy. People will always compare me with oppa whenever they found out that I’m his sister. It happens all the time. But I got used to it so I decided not to think about it much.

The introduction then continued again. There are many kind of people in the student council, and oppa also introduce them to me. I'm glad he's here with me, helping me do this. Even though, he was the first person who brought me into this problem.

"Ok, the training will be held for 2 days, on Saturday and Sunday. You guys will have to stay in school on those days. So prepare yourselves," said Baekhyun-oppa.

"All right,"

☻☻

"Huh, that’s one hell of explanation. I'm very tired," I said as I lay on my bed.

"But you know, I’m very happy that you’re going to join," said Chanyeol-oppa while floating all around me.

"Ah, but still, you’re the one who brought me into this mess, oppa," I sat up and stared at him with a deadly sight.

He then flew down and sat in front of me, "It’s okay, Hayi. I’ll help so it’s going to be fine. Just trust me."

"Huh, but still..." I said, looking away.

I then stood up from my bed and walked to my closet, and he followed me, "Whatcha’ doin’, Hayi?"

"I have to prepare my stuff, oppa," I opened my wardrobe and lowered my body, looking for my suitcase. I pulled it out of the closet and then took it to the bed. I fell silent while looking at my own suitcase, "I wonder what I should bring?"

"A lot," said Chanyeol-oppa, smiling stupidly.

"Come on, help me. You’re the one who brought me to this trouble," I said as I folded my hands.

"Of course I’ll help you~ Ok, let's get started, "said Chanyeol-oppa, full of spirit.

I then took a breath for a moment, "Ok."

☻☻

"Wait, oppa!"

Ah, the big day finally came. I bet these two days will feel like a year to me. So here I am, on my way to school while carrying a heavy suitcase. And the biggest source of all my problems is currently flying around like an idiot, while looking happy and full of spirit as always. What a fun life my life is.

"Come on, hurry up, Hayi! You shouldn’t be late for the training," he said.

"Hurry up, you said? How can I hurry up with this stupid suitcase on my hand, you idiot! If you want me to hurry up, then why don’t you carry it for me!" I said angrily.

Actually, my suitcase has wheels. But unfortunately, the road weren’t smooth and was kinda rocky, and I’m afraid that the wheels will break. Urgh, if I knew this would happen, I’d pretend that I’m sick so I could stay home all day and don’t need to attend that stupid training.

It seems like the way to school is more far than usual. Finally, I’m able to see my school. Come on, Hayi, just a few more step, and youll be there! And finally, we’re there. Oppa was faster than me though. He waved happily at me at the gates.

As I walked towards the gate, I could see Baekhyun-oppa and Sooyoung-unni are waving at me. If you could see, those three friends were in front of the school door. If anyone can capture this image. I then walked slowly, especially because I was carrying this heavy suitcase. When I almost arrived, someone bumped into me and made ​​me fall.

I was surprised and immediately turned to the person who bumped into me to see her face. However, she immediately walked away quickly. Also I can see a glimpse of movements.

.  

? Me? But why?

I went silent and stared at the girl while she walks away with her friends. And even though it was faint, I could see a terrible smile on her face. What the hell? I I then started to feel dizzy. Before I fainted, I saw a worried expression on Chanyeol-oppa's face. It’s as if I was going to die.

☻☻

"Huaaaaaaaaaaa," Chanyeol-oppa cried right next to me with a very loud voice and tremendous fuss.

He hasn’t stop crying since I fainted. Even though I was the one who fell, I didn’t cry at all. To be honest I didn’t feel anything, I didn’t feel hurt at all. But a faint pain came to my heart when I see him crying, and I don’t know why.

"It’s okay, oppa, I'm fine," I said while looking at him.

"But, * sob * but you were injured, Hayi. Oppa does not want anything to happen to you, Hayi.” Seeing a ghost cry feels really weird to me. And just look at his face right now, I really want to laugh at him.

"Oppa, Pabo," I began to laugh.

Suddenly someone came into the infirmary. "Oh, you’re up already? I was just going to check your condition but, seeing that laugh, I think you’re okay now," I was surprised to see Baekhyun-oppa who suddenly came.

Gulp. Oh no, I must look weird right now, am I? I hope I wouldn’t look like some creepy masochist. I have to make up something so he won’t misunderstand. Think… come on, my brain, think!

"I… I was just happy because the bandage is cute!" great, now I’m sure he’d think that you’re crazy, Hayi.

For an unknown reason, he started to laugh, "Hahaha…"

"Hehehe," I felt a little embarrassed. And happy. His laughter sounded wonderful in my ear.

He then came over to me and asked, "So, is your wound okay, Hayi?"

"Eh, it's okay. It’s just a scratch," I said with a very confident face.

Meanwhile Chanyeol-oppa who is next to me said, "You didn’t just fall, Hayi. You were almost mortally wounded too."

"Enough, oppa, I’m okay," I replied. Wait, what? I… replied?

I’m an idiot, how can I reply to him when Baekhyun-oppa is here? Oh no! He immediately turned around, "What is it, Hayi?"

I tried to calm myself, "Erm… it’s okay. Ahahaha…"

"Oh, ok then. I got to go, I have something to do right now. Don’t forget to gather at the hall in an hour," said Baekhyun-oppa before he left.

After he left, I immediately let out a long breath. It a good thing Baekhyun-oppa didn’t realize that I was talking to Chanyeol-oppa. I immediately turned to Chanyeol-oppa, and give him deadly gaze, "Oppa! That was close you know! "

"Come on, Hayi, he can’t see me so why so scared?" He was not crying anymore. How quickly his mood changed.

"But what if he suspects us, oppa? Anyway, you should never, ever talk to me whenever we’re not alone, understand?!" I said.

"B-but... Hayi," he tried pleading to me.

"Or I'm going to ignore you all day," I said again.

In an instant he became pale, it looks like he really didn’t want me to ignore him, "Fine then."

"Promise?" I said while looking at him.

"Promise," said Chanyeol-oppa who looks disappointed.

After that, I stood up from the bed and took my suitcase which was put next to the bed. I then went out the infirmary and walked to my room with oppa. It looks like we’re going to sleep in the classrooms.

"By the way, Oppa, did you see the person who pushed me before?" I asked Chanyeol-oppa.

"Yeah, but only a bit," he said.

"Do you know them?" I asked again.

"Nope~ Even if I do, I don’t remember their face. Sorry…" he looked sad.

"It’s okay, I’m sure we’ll find out eventually," I said.

"Be careful okay, Hayi?" said Chanyeol-oppa. He sounded extremely worried.

"Of course, I'm your sister, after all," then I stopped in front of a class which my name was listed in front of the door. I read the names one by one. It looks like I will share the room with six people here. Anyway, now it's time for me to go in, I was pretty tired of carrying this heavy suitcase.

I walked into the room, "Excuse me…"

Nobody responded. They all just stare at me. Creepy. I felt a little scared. They don’t look pleased at all. They then start walking to me when I put my suitcase in the corner of the room.

"Be careful, Hayi. Those girls looks dangerous," said Chanyeol-oppa.

He’s right. But I didn’t do anything. I avert my gaze so somewhere other than their direction. They didn’t give up though, they walked even closer.

"Oh, so this is Chanyeol-oppa’s sister," said one girl.

"Yaa! Look here, !" said one of the girls again.

I still try not to care, unlike Chanyeol-oppa who’s yelling at those girls even though they can’t hear him, "What do you say to my sister, huh?! My sister is still better than you group of cowards!"

Thanks a lot, oppa, but you’re not helping at all. I don’t have the guts to look at their faces so I looked at their body instead. There are 5 people, their hands folded. They continued to mock me.

"Just because your brother is a former member of the student council, that doesn’t mean you can be one easily!"

Seriously people, you don’t need to say that again, because I already knew. If I wanted to go because of my brother, I’d beg him to become one and I’m sure he wouldn’t say no. "No. You guys are wrong."

"Stop denying it! You also seduced Baekhyun-oppa in order to get into the student council, aren’t you? ! "

"Hey! You all were the one who ed first! Hayi would never do such a thing! My sister always works hard to do anything!" said Chanyeol-oppa in front of them all.

Although they couldn’t see him, I was very happy he's here. His words gave a little courage, "No, I don’t. I’d never do such thing.”

And of course, they’re now happy with my words. One of them raised her hand, she’s going to slap me. I wish I could run away, but they’re too many. But well… maybe they’ll be satisfied after one slap so I guess it’s okay. I closed my eyes. Chanyeol-oppa even tried standing in front of me to protect me, but it's useless, you're transparent.

"Don’t hurt my sister!"

Strange, why don’t I feel pain? I then opened my eyes and got surprised. A cool-looking girl held the mean-girl's hand while giving a terrible gaze.

"Why do you have to be noisy when I need peace, huh?"

If I have to describe her in a word, I’d say: Cool!


*from Author

Hey, everybody ;A;/ finally, I can update this story... I know it's been a long time. It all because my friend.. ehem.. Aruni-oppa... She keeps delaying to beta reader this chapter. And you know what? She was not even busy. But still, I'm so grateful she's still doing her job. Well, let's move to the next...
I already wrote 16 chapters for this story!! Yeeeey~! 14 chapters for the main story, and two chapters are bonus chapter ~! and I'll make more of course~! So, please wait for it <3 And I will make bonus chapter with Chanyeol's POV~!
Another news is.. We have 4 conflicts for this story~! Yaaaay... (lol. what?) Should I tell you? No.. no.. it'll contains spoiler >.> But, please wait for it~! Cause I'm working hard for you all, and of course my lovely bias~! Lee Hayi <3

Okay, I will stop now v.v

Thank you for every each person of you who subscribe, commenting, and even read this story. I love you so much <3 See you in the next chapter <3
don't forget to give your comment~! :*