Chapter 3 – Ghost?!

Me and My Ghostly Brother

"Hayi, what's wrong?" said my parents who suddenly came. They heard my loud scream. They looked completely surprised. I was stoned, I stared at the ‘Chanyeol-oppa’ in front of me.

"M-mom, D-Dad... Chanyeol-oppa, he… he's here," I kept pointing at the shadow.

My parents looked at me with a puzzled look. As if I was insane. As if, I was too sad to the point that I’m hallucinating. Both of my parents are getting closer to me. They began to cry, seeing me like this. But mom, dad, I actually see it. I actually saw that stupid face, I see it.

"Relax, Hayi. *sobs* Calm down, everything will be fine,” mother said as she hugged me. She continued to cry.

"But mom, he's here, he there in front of us," I said, still stunned.

"Hayi! Do not say things like that. Chanyeol, he's gone, gone forever," said mom. I even saw father who could not see me.

Ok, I'm tired; I'm not going to say it again. No one will believe me now. I’m the only one who can see him now, but why? Even now he looks happy to meet with Mom and Dad. What's this? I tried to wake myself. I saw my parents again, giving a tired smile.

"Yeah, mom, you are right, I ... maybe, I'm a little tired," I said.

Then I let go her arms and mother saw me, "Hayi, I know we all cannot accept this fact. But still, do not make us worry; you have to rest again now,"

Then they were both gone, and I still hear the sound of mom crying. Its looks like she's really sad, especially since I was too. I was too sad by dead of Chanyeol-oppa. Uh, wait, Chanyeol-oppa? I looked around again, making sure I was not dreaming anymore. This time, I promise not to yell. And, yes, I was not dreaming. I saw Chanyeol-oppa. I saw him in the form of a ghost. Slowly I ventured to speak.

"Are you really Chanyeol-oppa?” I asked as I pointed my index finger to him.

"Yeah, it's me, Hayi. And as you can see, I’m a ghost now," he said, cheerfully.

Wait, Hayi. He can talk now. No, it's not likely to happen. I must be dreaming. I pinched my cheeks, and I felt the pain in me. However, I still do not believe. Then I got out of my bed trying to get away from this reality. I walk around and try to calm my mind.

"Impossible. I’m sure I’m still dreaming… I have to wake up now,"

I pinched my cheeks again until they’re red. Finally, Chanyeol-oppa’s suddenly in front of me, made ​​me really surprised, "It’s real, Hayi. Oppa is here. I can’t touch you though,”

"Huh? But.. but how? You’re already gone! Usually dead people won’t pop out from nowhere," I said while looking at him.

"God allowed me to be together with you for much longer," said Chanyeol-oppa, smiling.

"Together… with me?" I said, surprised.

"Yeah, Hayi. I still can be with you… I can still see you every day. And, you can still continue to see me, "said Chanyeol-oppa.

"Really? You will still be there when I wake up? A-and… you will continue to be to greet me as usual?” I asked again.

"Of course~ I will continue to be here, with you," he smiled, and his smile seemed very real.

I then started to cry. I am very grateful, I still be with him. I'm happy, very happy. Thank you, God, for giving me this opportunity. I can still say everything to him. I can still see his stupid smile. I can still hear him calling me like an idiot every day.

I then walked back to the bed. I can see him coming closer. There was a gentle smile on his face.

"Promise?” I said, my tears began to fall.

"Promise.”

Even though he couldn’t touch me, even though I couldn’t touch him, the fact that he’s still smiling by my side is more than enough.

Thank you.

☻☻

"Hayi, are you sure it’s okay for you to go to school?" my mother asked.

I'm wearing my school uniform. I was released from the hospital yesterday. I shouldn’t sulk forever about everything that happened. I have to move forward. Hayi, hwaiting!

"It's okay, mom. I'm okay now," I smiled.

"Haa, if you insist then I guess it’s okay. But you must keep good care of yourself, ok?" mom said.

"Yes, mom," I then walked into the kitchen and enjoy breakfast. And beside me, there he was, Chanyeol-oppa. He never stop talking since I woke up. He kept talking about unimportant things as usual.

"Whoa, Hayi. You're beautiful today. How about wearing ribbons too?" He said beside me.

Of course, I didn’t answer him. If I reply to his words, I must have looked like a crazy person who’s talking to herself.

"Today’s breakfast looks good, though I could not eat it, hahaha," He then hovered in the air. How happy he was to be a ghost. I can only shake my head while looking at my idiotic brother. He looks wonderfully happy today.

"Mom, I’m going now,” I then walked to the front door. I put on my shoes, and looked at Chanyeol-oppa who was standing in front of the shoe box.

He said something again, "Who will be wearing my shoes?"

Seriously, oppa? How could you say such a thing in the morning? I replied in a low voice, "No one,"

"Ah, how can you say something like that, Hayi," he said.

I then went out and said, "Because your shoes are very large, oppa,"

"But it may be suitable for you Hayi~ hehehe,"

"Ahaha. No way," I said cynically.

Then I stopped, because I saw his two friends. I was surprised to see them both here. Also, they both seemed down. I approached them.

"Good morning," I said while bowing at both of them.

"Good morning, Hayi," said Baekhyun-oppa.

"Good morning, Hayi. How are you?" said Sooyoung-unni.

"G-good," I said. I was kinda nervous.

Then slowly, their expression became sadden. However, I couldn’t act sad because Chanyeol-oppa is here. He kept saying something that is not important.

"Wow, look at those faces. You guys must miss me a lot~" he goes on, "If only they could see me, they’ll be very surprised for sure, right, Hayi~?"

Of course, idiot. You’re a ghost for god’s sake. I couldn’t imagine how they would react if they saw him. Good thing I’m the only one who could see him.

"So, Hayi, starting today Baekhyun and I will go to school with you," said Sooyoung-unni.

"Huh? Why?” I said, confused.

"Because Chanyeol asked us. He wanted us to protect his beloved sister," said Baekhyun-oppa.

Then with a shocked face, I heard Chanyeol-oppa, "Ah, they're really my best friend. I wish I could hug them,"

Suddely, the urge to throw a shoe to my idiotic oppa came to me. Seriuously, am I always a 9 year old kid to you, oppa? Haa… just die already.

Oh wait. You’re already dead.

"So, Hayi, do you want to go with us now?" Sooyoung-unni asked.

Well, I couldn’t say no. Going to school with these pretty seniors isn’t bad at all.

"All right,"

Then I headed to school with them. I tried to keep a little distance with them, because you know, they are too beautiful. So I let them walked first in front of me. I spoke with Chanyeol-oppa softly.

"Oppa," I said while looking Chanyeol-oppa who was floating.

He went down and walked beside me, "What is it, Hayi?"

"Your friends are very nice," I said while looking Baekhyun-oppa and Sooyoung-unni who chatted happily.

"Hehehe, of course, Hayi. They are the best friends I ever had, "said Chanyeol-oppa.

"I still wonder how they endured your noisy-ness though," I said while looking at him.

"Isn’t it because because oppa is handsome, Hayi?" he said, acting all cool in front of me.

Oppa, you’re lucky that you’re a ghost, so I couldn’t punch you in your face. Whatever he is, human or ghost, he will always be Chanyeol-oppa who is very noisy.

☻☻

When we arrived at school, the atmosphere was very… gloomy. Everyone must be very sad, especially because their most wonderful student has gone forever. I knew it, because I was also very sad.

"Hayi ~ ~! Let's go to your class~ Oppa, want to see you study, hehehe,"

…well, I’m not sad anymore though. He's still with me today. I do not need to grieve. When I walked into class, everyone looks at me with a face full of sympathy. Later, Minzy immediately came and hugged me.

"Hayi," Minzy said as she hugged me.

"Minzy, good morning," I said, smiling.

She let go of her arms and saw me, "Morning,"

I really understand Minzy’s intention. She wanted me to stay cheerful. Of course I remain cheerful, Minzy, I can deal with all of this, because Chanyeol-oppa is still here now.

"Aww, Oppa want to hug Hayi too~" Chanyeol-oppa then came over, splay his arm. And I immediately dodge quickly even though he couldn’t touch me, because his face looked very ugly.

"I wonder if I could catch up with my studies… I’ve left school for a long time," I said walking to my seat.

"Don’t worry, you didn’t miss a lot. You’ll be able to catch up in no time," she said with a smile.

"Oh, okay then," I said, then I took out my books. Chanyeol-oppa was floating around me.

He kept talking and talking, "Ooh so Hayi is sitting here. Ah, it’d be nice if I was your classmate too, Hayi~" and then he put his face on my table with a smile. This smile is the most normal smile I've ever seen. But dunno why, I wanted to throw book to his face

Minzy suddenly say something slowly, "Hayi-ah,"

"Hmm," I opened my book.

"You’re very strong," Minzy said with a very soft voice.

"Thank you, Minzy," I said and then looked at Minzy.

"Huh? Why?" Minzy said with surprise.

"For worrying about me,"

"That's what friends are for, Hayi," Minzy said with a smile.

"Hahaha," I responded with laughter. When the whole class heard our laughter, they started coming closer to us. Their face was full of symphaty. I was a little surprised to see them. One of them approached me.

"Hayi, we've heard about your brother,"

"Keep your spirit okay, Hayi? Cheer up,"

I'm grateful they say that to me, I replied to them, "Thank you. I'm still sad about Chanyeol-oppa’s death, but I believe that he is always watching over from there,"

"Of course, Hayi. He would always watching you,"

I tried to look cool in front of them all. But all my cool-ness disappeared when I saw Chanyeol-oppa, weeping like an idiot in the corner. Oh God, Chanyeol-oppa, why must you exaggerate in all things?

"Huaa, Hayi," he approached. Yes, I had to move away because he looked so funny now. I tried not to laugh. So I immediately covered my face against the table. So no one will see my laughing face.

And, of course they all are misunderstood. They thought I was crying. But no, I'm not crying, I was holding my laugh.

Haa ..Will days like this continue?

I hope I'll find the right person to tell about Chanyeol-oppa who still exists in this world.

☻☻

School ended, all the students walked back to their homes. I walked to the front of the school. I waved to Minzy, then waited for someone. I was alone but, Chanyeol-oppa was there too.

"Oppa,"

"Yeah?"

"It was only yesterday that we both went home together," I said. People began to leave one by one. Oppa was standing next to me. He didn’t say a word.

I kept talking, "Why must people die, oppa? I still want to go to school or go home together with you,” I said.

He then replied, "You're right. But I’m still here you know. I’m still here with you. For me, it’s the greatest reward I ever received…"

"You’re right, oppa. But you still as usual," I said while acting upset.

He laughed, "Hehehe, it’s because Hayi is precious to me,"

You too, oppa. You’re very precious to me too.

Then, from a distance someone called me, "Hayi, sorry to keep you waiting. Let's go home,"

"Let’s go," I looked at the person with a smile.

It seems that I won’t be alone from now on. I went home together, with his friends which he loved so much.

"Have you waited long, Hayi?" Sooyoung-unni asked.

"Nope, I was just here too," I smiled.

"Were you talking to someone? I saw you laughing just now," said Baekhyun-oppa who is next to me.

"Hehehe, no, I'm just talking to the wind, to pass on my greetings to him," I smiled.

I do not know if these words would make them feel a little sad. However, I couldn’t tell them the truth; that I talked with Chanyeol-oppa. I surely will tell them the truth in the future. But for now, let’s just forget about all the sad things and enjoy our days.

"Oh yeah, do you remember when Chanyeol said about signing you up to be a member of the student council?" Sooyoung-unni said.

"Of course I remember. Why, unni?" I asked.

"We're probably going to hold elections again in a few days," Sooyoung-unni said.

"What do you think, Hayi?" asked Baekhyun-oppa.

When I heard those words, I immediately lay off my feet and let them go first. They also stopped and stared at me. I immediately turned around. I immediately looked at Chanyeol-oppa with a sharp look.

I spoke softly to him, "Oppa! You brought me into the problem you created yourself!"

"Isn’t it obvious that I will make you a member of the student council?" said Chanyeol-oppa in a childish tone.

"But, oppa! I… I don’t have any experience at all," I tried to yell quietly.

But then, they realized there was something strange and immediately called me, "Hayi, what’s wrong?"

I inmmediately turned around, "Uh, no, nothing’s wrong… ehehe…" and then I turned around again see Chanyeol-oppa.

"Oppa can certainly help you, Hayi. Everything is under control,” said Chanyeol-oppa with his angel face.

They walked closer and asked, "So, Hayi, do you want to join the elections?"

Before turning, for a moment I draw my breath, "Remember, Oppa, you should take responsible for this," and then I turned to them.

"I-I want to be a member of the student council,"

And they looked at me happily. Chanyeol-oppa does the same.

Jeez, it seems like my trouble increased again.


*from Author

Hey, everybody, should I make Chanyeol’s POV? It’ll be about Chanyeol’s heart breaking thought. So, what do you think?
I know it's been a long time since the last update, but believe me, I already make this story until chapter 11.
I can't update it fast cause I need help from my friend to be the beta reader... so, sorry for making you wait
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I love you, all, don't forget to give some comment <3