Chapter 1 – First Day of School

Me and My Ghostly Brother

"Hayi, wake up! Today is your first day of school!"

I can hear my mother calling me in my sleep. I didn’t even bother to try to open my eyes because I was still sleepy. Aaah, just let me sleep a little longer.

"Nn… 10 more minutes…”

I hugged my pillow tightly. However, my mother didn’t give up in waking me up. She kept pulling my body back and forth until I finally woke up. I opened my eyes slowly and saw my mother.

"Aah, mom, good morning," I said as I tried to relax my whole body.

"Go shower quickly, Chanyeol had already finished a few minutes ago," she said as she took my blanket and fold it.

"Ah? Oppa already showered? "

"Stop being lazy and hurry up already! Or your brother might left you, "My mother then put the blanket on my bed and walked out of my room.

"Isn’t it better to be left behind by him though?" I mumbled to myself.

I stretch my body when mother had gone out. My body felt a bit sore because of my sleeping position. With a little effort I walked into my bathroom. The water feels cold, probably because it’s still morning. I took a shower quickly because of course, I do not want to be late on the first day of school.

I put on my school uniform in a rush. I'm very happy with the school I’m going to study at although actually, Chanyeol-oppa was the one who told me to go to that school.

You know, I've been very happy with my middle school days, because I spent a year without needing to neither see nor hear his loud voice in school since he had already graduated. I was annoyed because he always shouted and acted like a child whenever he met me at school. Isn't that enough for him to see me at home?

Unfortunately, now I will have to go through two more years with him at school since I entered the same high school as him. I hope he won’t cause a ruckus.

I walked into the kitchen to have breakfast. And yes, I saw him there, eating cheerfully. He also waved to me and called me. Ugh, he should seriously stop acting troublesome first thing in the morning and save his annoyingness for later.

"Hayiii-aah, good morning," he then stood up and greeted me. He observed me from head to toe. Of course he was very excited because I was wearing the same school uniform with him.

"What is it, Oppa?" I saw him with a cynically, and took a seat without giving a damn about him.

His eyes were definitely sparkling. Now I’m sure he would give me an exaggerating praise in 3… 2… 1…

"The uniform suits you, Hayi-ah ~ ~! It’s like it’s actually made specially and only for you, oh my angelic sister~ Mom, look, Hayi is very pretty, isn’t she?”

My mother was here now; she looked at me with a smile, "Yeah, that's right, our Hayi is indeed very beautiful~"

Aahh, I sighed again. It’s indeed useless to hope for an ordinary morning with these two around.

"You know, Hayi, oppa is very happy. Finally, I’ll be going to school with you again," he then sat down next to me.

Chanyeol-oppa is the one who forced me the school with him. He begged to me like an idiot and he wouldn’t stop until I say yes. But I couldn’t reject his request. Because you know, no one can refuse the kindness from people like him. Chanyeol-oppa is a very nice person.

"Ah sure. But Iwon’t go to school with you,” I said, taking my breakfast.

"But-but-but, oppa has prepared many things for you," with his aegyo that looks incredibly ugly, he then took something from his pocket.

A beautiful ribbon.

"Hayi will be pretty wearing this," he then showed me the happiest face he ever had. I was going to reject it but ugh, how could I when he’s making such a face? He immediately tried to attach that ribbon to my hair.

And of course, I immediately got up from my seat and tried to get away. I made up my mind and decided not to accept that big and stupid ribbon. There’s no way in hell I would wear that thing.

I ran away from him so he can’t chase me. However, my brother did not give up; he kept smiling smiling like an idiot and tried to chase me.

"Oppa! If you stick that ribbon into my head, I'll kill you! "

"But oppa thinks my sister will look cute with it~ I wanna see~"

"HELL NO!"

It looks like this morning’s unusualness had become usual to me. My brother always do this kind of thing every day but, I couldn’t really blame him since he’s the one who brought life to this home. He never gave up on bothering me.

☻☻

"Waaah, it's time to go now," Mother reminded.

I immediately took my bag and I put on my shoes, while oppa excitedly took a camera from the shelf.

"Hayi, let's take a picture before going, Iwant to keep our valuable moment in a picture~"

…I let out a sigh

"Fine, oppa," I walked and stood beside him, while my mother took a picture of us.

"Smile, Hayi!"

I give my most lazy smile. Why the heck do we have to take pictures in the morning, huh?

"Well, Hayi is very pretty even with an ugly face,"

I was surprised by his words. I ran and see the picture that is in the camera. Oh my! I'm really ugly in that picture! I tried to take the camera from my brother because I felt embarrassed.

"Delete it!"

Chanyeol-oppa immediately raised his camera. Of course I could not reach it, because he is so tall. I jumped and tried to take the camera from him. Geez, Chanyeol-oppa is so annoying. I didn’t care anymore so I walked out of the house.

"Whatever. We better hurry before it’s too late.”

Chanyeol-oppa looks satisfied and come after me. "Mom, we’re off!"

"Be careful!”

And then we both rushed to school.

☻☻

We finally arrived at school. Luckily we weren’t late. I let out a relieved breath. I don’t want to be late on my first day of school.

I followed Chanyeol-oppa because I don’t really know about this school. So he led me, I was amazed to see the atmosphere of the school. It was very large and beautiful, and there are many people I’ve never met before.

And yes, everyone greeted Chanyeol-oppa. I wasn’t really surprised to see this scene though. Because oppa is a cheerful person so, it’s not surprising if he has a lot of friends.

…unlike me.

Everyone looked at me with a weirdly. I began to be nervous when walking beside him. Everyone was staring at me as if they didn’t believe what they just saw.

"Don’t worry, Hayi, oppa is here."

I'm glad he told me that.

☻☻

The opening ceremony began. All students were lined up neatly, including me. There I so Minzy, my friend, so I approached her.

"Minzy-ah!"

"If it isn’t Hayi, long time no see~" she smiled at me.

"Hehehe, I’m glad we’re classmates," I said.

"Me too!” Minzy replied energetically.

We both had been friends long enough. Of course, she knew my brother too. She thought my brother is very nice and cool. Well, I couldn’t blame her since my brother is always nice to everyone.

But to me he's just annoying and redundant brother. There are already a lot of terrible things happened to me because of him.

I still continue a conversation with Minzy without looking ahead.

"Ahem… Good morning everyone ~ ~ ~!"

Yes, how can that voice suddenly sounded very loud? It’s look like, I too much think about Chanyeol-oppa. Thus, I turned my body and was very surprised to see him in front. Yes, there he was in front, in front of all new students. H-how can that be, huh? While the other students look don’t care, including Minzy who is at my side now. What is happening now?!

"Welcome to all the new students~! I am here as a representative of the student council and the school principal! Be sure to enjoy your time here okaay~! "

"Also, please take a gooood care of my sister~! Her name is Park Hayi! "

Then, he’s stupidly pointed at me. He also waved at me with the most stupid smile he ever had in this world. All eyes were on me. Haaaa, Chanyeol-OPPAAA!

"Psst, you're very lucky to have such a cool brother, Hayi," Minzy teased me a little.

"Ah, hahaha ...."

I smiled awkwardly to everyone who sees me. However, I give a deadly gaze to Chanyeol-oppa who is on the stage. That idiot… I don’t even know what to do anymore...

It’s the first day of school but it was so noisy in this place.

☻☻

When I went to the cafeteria, there are a lot of people who looked at me. It’s there’s this big title of "Chanyeol's Sister" written on top of my head. I really hate it. Fortunately I’m with Minzy so I didn’t feel alone.

"Minzy, I don’t know if it’s just me but, I have this feeling that all people’s eyes are on me," I said while taking a spoonful of rice.

"Of course, especially since your brother introduced you in front of all the students. You should be extremely proud, Hayi. Especially because he’s very handsome, smart, kind, and PERFECT~! "

"Pfft, wth?” I turned my face away and accidently spot someone whom I really do not want to see now.

Chanyeol-oppa.

And as expected, he called me while as usual.

 "Hayi-ah ~ ~!"

Chanyeol-oppa came over with his friends. It looks like they are his close friend. He came over and sat next to me.

As usual, with a very cheerful tone he said, "So everyone, this is Hayi, my beloved sister ~! She's very pretty, isn’t she? "

"Oppa, stop it," I said, trying to sound as annoyed as I could.

"Do not be angry, Hayi. Oppa only wanted to introduce you to my friends, "he said with a smile.

Sometimes I always lose because his smile, so I cannot deny his existence. I stood up from my seat and looked at my brother's friends.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Park Hayi,"

I observed my brother's friends one by one. I was surprised; they are all very handsome and pretty. They also seemed pleased to see me.

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun, nice to meet you," He's very handsome, that's all I could think when I saw him.

Then I looked at the other one, a tall and beautiful woman. She has this shiny aura as a model’s. All Chanyeol-oppa’s friend and Chaenyeol-oppa himself are very bright.

"Hello, Hayi, I'm Sooyoung. Nice to meet you, Aww, you're so cute, " she then pinched my cheek for a moment and made ​​me blush.

"A-ah .. Thank you…”

"She's very pretty, isn’t she? Hehehe, it’s because she's the sister of Chanyeol who is very handsome~”

Stop. Just stop already. What the hell is he doing, huh? Embarrass me?

"Oppa, I want to eat," I said, annoyed.

"Ah, sorry Hayi," Then I sit down with my brother. His friends also sat down at our table.

I continued my eating and try not to look weird because his friends are here. However, Minzy looks so happy. She called me to bring my ear.

"Yaa, Hayi, your brother has gorgeous and handsome friends. You guys are indeed opposites~"

"Wth? Yaa! Minzy, "

"Pfft I’m only kidding, ehehehehe…"

I know well that I don’t look like oppa, who looks perfect and cheerful, even a bit. But I also don’t want to be compared with him.

He continued his conversation with his friend, especially now he is next to me, "Well, Baekhyun, Sooyoung, I'd love Hayi to be the next member of the student council at the school. Mainly I'll continue to play with her, "With that, he immediately smiled with happy and also I almost throw my food all over. I'm glad I could help it. How could he suddenly say something like that, huh?

"Oppa," I nudged him to bring his delusions to reality. However, his friends only laughed at us. I never thought that they’d actually agree, geez.

"That sounds good, Chanyeol. Hayi could be a good student council member. Definitely,” One of his friends, Baekhyun, said. Once again he looks amazingly shining with a smile on his face. He’s too good-looking, so I cannot hate him, and his smile is very beautiful. Why am I always surrounded by people who sparkles?

"Well, I think Hayi will become the cutest member in the student council," Sooyoung said with a smile.

This Unni is really pretty. I'm so happy to see her beautiful face. She looked so cool and amazing compared to.... ahem, forget it. I then continued to eat my meal.

“Hayi, oppa will register your name as a member of the student council at the school so we will always be together," said Chanyeol-oppa with 100 level of angelic smile that he has. Everyone will surely fall for it, but not me. I got up from my seat and took Minzy to go. Enough with all this, today is the first day of school.

"Oppa, I'm done eating, and don’t even think to include me in the student council or you’ll end up in grave," I give him a deadly gaze. I immediately changed my expression and smile at oppa’s friends, "I’m going first. See you guys around." After that I went to class with Minzy.

"You will definitely change your mind, Hayi-ah ~! Oppa won’t change his mind! I will definitely sign you up as a member of the student council!"

I was going to turn my back but, I decide to let him bawl. Calm down, Hayi… today’s supposed to be an ordinary first day of school, right?

☻☻

"See you later, Minzy," I said as I waved my hand to Minzy.

"Bye bye!"

I stood calmly on the front of the school, waiting for my brother to come. I wasn’t in the mood to leave him alone. However, it’s seems that it’s going to take a while because there was something he has do with the student council.

"Hayi-ah," ah, oppa who came to greet me happily, finally came. I turned and saw him running with his spirit.

"Oppa, you’re late," I said, trying to look annoyed.

"I'm sorry, Hayi," he apologized. I still pretend to sulk, because he's been very annoying today.

"There’s no way I’d forgive you," I started walking.

He immediately ran and stood still in front of me. "Hayi-ah, forgive me, forgive oppa, okaaaay? Pleeaaaseee?”

Gosh, if you can see it directly, you will surely have this urge to throw a shoe at his face because he looks so damn ugly.

"It’s still a no.”

"Aahh, what if I buy you ice cream?"

"Well… I don’t know…"

"I’ll buy you ice cream, or whatever else you want. Okaaay?"

"Well, I want the biggest ice cream, oppa," I said with a smile.

He looks happy and then pulled my hand, "Come on, Hayii~~! Let’s buy the biggest ice cream on earth!”

I know, that he loves me. I know it very well, and I always thought that we would be together forever. I’d never thought I would leave him, and I’d never thought that he would leave me. I never expected that to happen.


*from Author

Here it is the first chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Everything will start in the next chapter. Sorry for some wrong grammar. Don't forget to give some comment <3
Thank you ;-;/