The Plan

It All Started As A Simple Friendship
Right when Kevin thought of beginning to talk to her and sort out everything, it was Anna's turn to ignore him. Day after day, Kevin tried to talk to her, but there was no response, as if he was talking to a brick wall. One Friday in the hallway, he stopped Melanie as she was going to her next class.
 
"Melanie, I've been looking for you everywhere," Kevin stopped her as she was rushing to her class.
 
"What do you want, Kevin?" She was ticked off a little as she tried to walk away from him.
 
"I just want to ask you one question," he stepped in front of her.
 
"Look." She said sternly and looked up at him. "I don't have time for this, I'm going to be late for class." She went around him.
 
"Melanie, PLEASE!" Kevin turned around and watched her walk away. "I just want to know what's up with Anna!"
 
At that moment, Melanie stopped and turned around as he continued. "Why has she been ignoring me? I need to talk to her, it's urgent."
 
She started walking towards him. "Um, hello? Isn't it obvious? She's mad at you. Upset. Hurt."
 
Kevin's eyes grew and fell silent as she continued. "She wanted to talk to you on the Monday after the dance, but you avoided her and didn't want to talk because you wanted to have more guy time, or something. She felt neglected all these days, and now you want to talk to her? Bad timing, dude." She glared at him. "She just wanted to talk and she gave you that chance, but NO. You blew it. She really likes you, Kevin. Actions speak louder than words, and with those actions she told me about, look at the damage that has been done. You lost your closest friend in the whole world Kevin. Good job." Then the bell rang.
 
"Crap," she muttered and began to run off to class. "Good luck trying to get her back!" She turned and hollered at him as she made a turn and disappeared to her class, leaving Kevin in the middle of an empty hallway. He turned around and began walking to the assigned study hall he was at. He was about to enter the classroom when he realized that the room he was assigned to for study hall was right across from Anna's locker. He walked over to it and pulled out something from his pocket. He thought back to the day where Eli and Soohyun told him the plan.
 
"Guys," Kevin looked at the two of them after they discussed the plan. "Are you really sure that this is gonna work?"
 
"Kevin, trust me," Eli reassured him for the tenth time. "You know me, I have connections. Everything will be set it up quickly and neatly for you. I gave you the number. Just text whenever you're ready."
 
"Yeah," Soohyun agreed. "There's no rush. Just do it whenever you're ready and comfortable."
 
Then he thought of the time when he first spoke to the rest of U-Kiss at lunch on the first day Anna had been ignoring her.
 
"I knew she was going to ignore me," Kevin slumped in his chair while picking at his food.
 
"That's what you get," Dongho sing-songed when he got back from the lunch line. Kevin glared at him. "What? You're the one that ignored her in the first place," Dongho retaliated.
 
"Enough you two," AJ looked at the both of them from across the table. "We don't need anymore tension than there already is now."
 
"Just give it some time Kev," Kiseop spoke up. "Only time will tell. Everything will be okay." He patted him on the back.
 
Kevin took a deep breath, and thought carefully of what to do. He did what he thought was right, and walked into the classroom.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At the end of the day, Anna headed towards her locker. As she opened it, a purple piece of paper slipped out and fell to the floor. She picked it up and opened it. It had neat, semi-script handwriting. On the note, she read:
 
Meet me on the rooftop at dismissal.
 
There was no name written on it, but the handwriting was very familiar. She quickly grabbed her books and went up to the top floor of the building and hurriedly looked for the door that led to the roof that was at the end of the hallway. The door was slightly open when she stood in front of it, and she looked around to see if anyone was around. The coast was clear and she quietly opened the door and silently went up a flight of stairs that led to the rooftop. She arrived at the rooftop and she was overwhelmed. The view was beautiful. The flower-covered treetops in the distance, the cloudless sky, the rooftop gardens of the apartment buildings nearby the school, were all breathtaking. "It's a beautiful view, right?" A voice came from behind. Anna whipped around and saw a tall figure appear from behind, and it was no other than Kevin.
 
"I'm glad you came," he smiled as he approached her. He took her hand and led her to a different part of the roof. They approached a blanket and a basket, along with plates set out on the center of the blanket. Kevin pulled out a cushion that was underneath the basket and placed on one side of the blanket and gestured her to sit. She slowly sat down as he went around sitting opposite her. "This is to say I am sorry for ignoring you for the past several days," he explained. "Can you forgive me?"
 
There was a long silence. Finally, in days, she spoke up. "I don't know," she sighed.
 
A frown appeared on his face. "Are you still mad at me? He asked.
 
"Yes," she answered curtly and crossed her arms. "Do you really think a picnic would make up for this? I tried talking to you, but you wouldn't talk to me in the hallway, you didn't want to eat lunch with me, pick up the phone when I called you or answered my texts. I felt as if you were avoiding me, and it hurt me a lot. It's telling me that you don't want to be friends with me anymore." She got up and continued. "When you did that I started to get sick and tired of all of this crap I had to go through. I've been through loads of crappy and by far this is the worst. And I never thought all of this would be from my best friend, whom I've loved and trusted for all these years. And you think you can just win me back by giving me a picnic? You should know by now that I don't forgive people that easy." She headed towards the door.
 
"Anna, wait!" Kevin got up at ran after her. He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned around to face him. "I didn't mean to hurt you."
 
"Then why have you been avoiding me, Kevin?" Tears were about to roll down her cheeks. "Why are you acting like this? Why couldn't you tell me you didn-"
 
Kevin pulled her closer and kissed her on the lips. At that moment, Anna's eyes widened and her body tensed up as thoughts were whirring in her head. She remained frozen until he pulled away. They were both inaudibly gathering air for their lungs as they realized what had just happened. "Anna," he said in a soft, low voice. "Please... please hear me out," he waited for her response. After what seemed like a while, she nodded. "Okay," she responded softly. "Fine."
 
"I was scared. I've never had feelings like this for any other girl. My feelings were just for you. Only you." He paused. "You know, I've been feeling like this about you for the longest time, since the end of middle school. For so long, I've kept my feelings for you inside, and waited for the perfect timing, and the semi-formal was it. Honestly, when you confessed to me that night, I didn't think you'd like me back. I was in shock. I couldn't believe what happened. I wasn't able to sleep that night. I was worried about what would happen to us if we break up, wondering if we would remain friends or not. That's why I have been ignoring you. But then after Eli and Soohyun confronted me about it about a week or so ago, I realized that what happens now is what matters the most. And now," he pulled her closer, letting their foreheads touch. "Being with you like this right now is definitely worth the long wait I had to endure." He smiled tenderly into her eyes. "I'm sorry I've been acting like this, and I hope you forgive me." There was a small silence between the two of them, holding in each other's arms as the warm sun beats down on them. "Do you accept my apology?" He looked at her with a anticipating look.
 
Anna pulled back. They still remained in each other's embrace. "Why do you like me?" She asked him.
 
"What?" Kevin was a bit taken aback.
 
"Why do you like me so much?" She asked him again. "I'm so weird, uncool, and ugly. Why do you like me? Why do you still hang out with a person like me? Whenever U-Kiss does a show I look at your fans and they're all prettier than me. Sometimes I would match you and one of the fans I see and majority of the time it looks like a perfect match. There has been times where I would put us together and I always think that it would never happen between us."
 
"Anna," he placed his hands on hers. "Look at the friends you've made that love you to this very day and support you in what you do in life. They're still here for you all this time because they love you and respect you, for who you truly are. Every time we perform, I always think about you. Haven't you noticed that whenever you're at one of our concerts I always look at the side where you are standing? I've seen fans that are indeed pretty, but they don't have that illuminating beauty like you do. The way your eyes light up in excitement at times make my heart skip a beat. Your infectious laugh makes my day. The way you smile makes me melt inside. Everything about you is beautiful. You are perfect to me." He leaned his forehead against hers. "I love you Anna," he whispers. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to ask you, but, would you like to be my girlfriend?"
 
She looked up into his anticipating eyes. She was completely blown away with his confession. She had never seen this side of him after all these years. "Kevin," she spoke softly.
 
"It's okay if you don't want to," he gave her an assuring smile.
 
"Kevin," she began to smile. "I'd be happy to," she nodded. They leaned in for another kiss, this time it was longer and more passionate. They wrapped their arms around each other, Kevin's hands carresssing her hair, while Anna's hands were on his shoulders, gently pulling him closer, slowly deepening the kiss. After what seemed to be a while, they pulled back, locked hands and went back to the picnic as the sun began to set on a new beginning of a beautiful relationship.
 
================================================================================
 
Okay, I practically died a bit on the inside, just imagining this in my head *melts away slowly* XD anyways there's more to come in this story ^-^
and YAAAAAAY NEW SUBBIES!!!! Thank you for the comments and the subs *hugs*