Flashback (Part 4: A Special Someone)

It All Started As A Simple Friendship

Hello everyone~~~

Now before you read the next chapter I have to give you a notice about this.

Towards the end of this chapter, to some of you you've already read most of it. Why? Because part of this chapter is from my one-shot Semi-Formal Confessions. I guess you would call that one-shot a teaser for this story, but I didn't even plan a sequel until I got a... Few... Comments... ( :/ )

For the next couple (or so) chapters I'm just gonna basically put everything from the one-shot and modify it a little so it fits the plot line well, hope that's alright with you all ^-^ enjoy! (Feedback appreciated :D)

==============================================================

 

It was almost 10pm, an hour before the semi-formal ends at 11. Everyone, including U-Kiss and Anna and her friends, were out on the dance floor dancing along to catchy music when all of a sudden the music stopped. 
 
"May I have everyone's attention please?" A tall blond haired girl came up onto the stage with an envelope in her hand. Everyone settled down as they averted their attention to the stage. "It's time to announce this year's semi-formal king and queen!" Everyone bursted into cheers.
 
"Throughout the whole week and tonight, you have all casted your votes to who will become king and queen this year and the time has finally arrived!" Everyone cheered and applauded as the anticipation built to see who was crowned king and queen.
 
"Do you think we were voted king and queen?" Kevin asked Anna.
 
"I doubt it, everyone probably voted for at least one of you guys and some popular girl," Anna shrugged. "I'm not that popular," she added.
 
"Oh come on, what are you talking about?" AJ came up beside them. "Everyone in the school knows you two have been best friends for the longest time and that you two are always so close. Why wouldn't they pick the two of you king and queen?" Anna sulked at his statement.
 
"In all honesty," Hoon also came up beside them. "I wouldn't be surprised if you two were voted king and queen."
 
"Guys, we're just friends. When are you going to stop saying stuff like that?" Anna sulked.
 
"When all of us, and by all I mean your friends and U-Kiss, have proved our point." Dongho came up on Kevin's side and smirked at the couple. 
 
 "And now, without further ado, your king and queen is..." Drum rolls echoed though the anticipation-filled room as the girl opened the envelope. "Kevin and Anna! Congratulations!" Everyone began clapping and cheering and turned around to face the couple standing in the middle of the dance floor. A spotlight was lit on the two of them.
 
Anna covered her open mouth from the shock and she turned to Kevin. "Are they for real?" She began to laugh.
 
"This isn't a dream, so yeah it's real!" Kevin began to laugh. He held out his hand. "Milady," he offered. She took his hand and they happily went up to the stage. Kevin was crowned first, and then Anna afterward. The never-ending applause and cheers came to a slow stop as the girl tried to get everyone's attention again. "Now it is time for the king and queen to hit the floor and have a spotlight dance."
 
Kevin and Anna started to make their way onto the floor as the slow song began to play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZBoPlCzuRY (A/N: Judge me all you want. Yes, I used to be a fan of them. But it's a good song to slow dance to tho. I suggest you listen to this while reading from this point on.) Everyone started to clear the dance floor as the king and queen made their way to the middle of the floor. Anna gently wrapped her arms around Kevin's neck while he wrapped his around her waist. He pulled her a bit close to him as the lights dimmed. Only the slow-spinning disco ball and lights that focused on the dance floor were on to fit the mood and atmosphere. Bystanders got their phones out and took pictures of them, but they didn't care. They shut out the world for this moment. This was their dance, their song, and their night. Slowly, one by one other couples began to join them on the dance floor.
 
"Can you believe it?" Anna said looking up to him.
 
"Nope," he smiled. "Before being cut off by AJ earlier, I agree with you. I'm not that popular either."
 
"Yes you are!"
 
"I don't feel that I am," his voice drifted off.
 
"What are you talking about? You're in a band! Girls all over the school -- probably all over town -- love you guys! You're popular," she protested. "I'm just a nobody that just has a group of friends to lean on, and just your fan," she began to pout and broke eye contact.
 
He huffed out a small sigh. "Look at me," his hand went from her waist and lifted her chin, making her eyes look into his again. "You're not a nobody. You're somebody. A special somebody," he spoke softly and then straightened up a bit. "Well to be grammatically correct, a special someone." Anna couldn't help but giggle at the typical random comment to brighten up the atmosphere. "You are special. EXTREMELY special to someone..." he drifted as his gaze shifted a bit as if he was trying to find the right words to say.
 
"And may I ask who am I special to?" She asked with a half-smile forming on her face.
 
"You are extremely special..." his eyes shifted to her again. "To me. You are special to me, Anna."
 
Anna fell silent as she absorbs every single word he said. He did not... WHAT?! thoughts were flashing through her head. "Kevin... how... am I special to you?"
 
"You're my best friend," he began. "You're someone I can always rely on. Someone who has no problem with me venting out on things. Someone who can put up with my ridiculousness," he pasued. "Someone I trust and care about," he whispered. She responded with a gentle smile. "And you're not just a fan. You're my #1 fan."
 
She tried hard not to blush. "I never knew I was considered special to you, Kevin."
 
"I've been waiting for the perfect moment to tell you that."
 
They continued dancing while Anna's friends and U-Kiss were watching them from their table on one side of the room.
 
"They look so cute together," Christine said for the billionth time, looking at the picture she took of them on her phone and then back at them.
 
"They really should date. They've been friends for a really really long time," AJ added.
 
"I don't understand how can they just act like a couple most of the time and say that they're just best friends," Kiseop shrugged.
 
"Even though they're not dating, I'm starting to get jealous of them," Hoon said, never taking their eyes off of them. Everyone all of a sudden looked at him. "What?"
 
"Hoon, do you like Anna?!" Anna's other friend Rae asked.
 
"What?! NO! I don't," he quickly denies it. "What I mean to say was that I'm jealous of how strong their friendship bond is. After all these years, through their ups and downs, they manage to still be together as friends," he tries to redeem himself.
 
"Mmhmm, okay," Rae slowly turns her focus back to the couple. "It's crazy how this kind of thing affects us all," her voice drifted.
 
"I guess this is part of this roller coaster ride called adolescence," Mel answered.
 
There was a short silence among them. "If they do date, I wish them all the best," Soohyun spoke up.
 
"If it ever happens, let's promise that we'll all be there for them and got their backs and try to reconcile them when things get tough, okay?" Eli suggested. "Besides, among all of us those two have never been in a relationship."
 
"Hey, I've never been in a relationship either!" Dongho protested.
 
"That's because you're too young to be in one," Kiseop joked with him as he began to pout. "Dongho I'm kidding! You'll find someone soon," he patted him on the back as some chuckled at this little scene.
 
"Okay so let's promise each other this okay?" Eli asked one more time.
 
"Promise!" Everyone else said in unison.
 
As Anna's friends and U-Kiss continued to stare at Kevin and Anna, out on the floor, the two of them continued to slow dance, cherishing every moment of the night. "Are you having fun?" Kevin asked her.
 
"Yes I am," she smiled. "Actually, this is one of the best nights of my life." Her arms started to wrap around him tighter and closer, pulling him for a hug. "I'm glad I got to spend this night with you," she smiled. This action surprised Kevin as his eyes widened in shock for a moment. To him, this hug felt completely different from all the other hugs they shared. He picked up a different vibe. It was a.... Sentimental feeling. After registering what happened in his mind, he wrapped his arms tighter around her waist as a response. "I'm glad that I got to spend this night with you too," he smiled. They stayed that way for a little while. Then Anna turned her head to the side and relaxed it on his chest. They slowly swayed to the music until it came to an end.
 
When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me,
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side,
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven,
I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes
 
They didn't want their special moment to end so soon. When a new song started playing, they pulled away. But then, Kevin did something that he had never done before. He pulled her closer again and kissed her forehead. It was Anna's turn to widen her eyes. She turned her head away from him when she began her cheeks heating up again and turning a bright red. Kevin's never done this before, she thought. Is there something that he's trying to tell me? She shook her head and turned back to Kevin. "Hey, you wanna sit down and take a little break from all the dancing?"
 
"Okay," he nodded. They held hands and found their way out of the almost-crowded dance floor and to the table where their friends were. When they arrived, the whole table erupted into an applause.
 
"Our new king and queen!" Christine hugged Anna.
 
"Congrats guys!" Dongho high-fived Kevin.
 
"See? I knew this will happen!" Hoon said as they all took their seats.
 
"Whatever," Kevin rolled his eyes. He pulled out Anna's chair for her and offered her to sit.
 
"Ooh, what a gentleman you are Kev," Anna's friend Rae said smugly.
 
"Anna's my queen," Kevin sat down. "Why wouldn't I be gentleman-like to her?" He looked at Anna and smiled while everyone wooed at them. Her face began to turn red.
 
"OH MY GOD SHE'S BLUSHING!" Mel pointed out. Everyone took notice and the guys tried to hold in their laughter.
 
"Gee THANKS!" Anna retorted. "Tell the whole world, why don't you!" She laughed.
 
It was 10:30 and the semi-formal was going to end soon. Everyone was out on the dance floor dancing away to the last songs of the night. Throughout this whole night, something has been on Anna's mind. She had been thinking about Kevin and the way he has been acting towards her. What if her friends were right? What if what they said was true? Does Kevin really like her? She soon began to realize herself that she also likes Kevin. After all, they have been acting more like a couple and always seem to read each other's minds. But most importantly, they've always been there for each other and they very deeply care about each other. She pulled herself together and plans to confess to him tonight before he leaves. She looked around to find Kevin and saw him waiting on line to get a cool drink for himself. Nervously, she began walking towards him, her heart loudly pounding in her ears. "Kevin, I know you have to go soon... But can we talk outside for a bit?"
 
"Sure, I'll meet you outside after I get some water," he nodded. "Do you want anything to drink?"
 
"I'm good," she slowly nodded.
 
"Are you okay? You look a bit nervous about something." He carefully examined her face to see if there was anything wrong.
 
"I'm fine," she reassured him. "Just meet me outside later." With a nod from Kevin, Anna turned around to go outside the dance hall and wait for him. As soon as she got out, she began to pace back and forth, wondering how she was going to confess.
 
Ten minutes have passed and Kevin soon found his way to Anna. Okay, there's no turning back now Anna, she thought to herself. "Hey Kevin," she smiled.
 
"Hey Anna, what's going on? Is there something wrong?" Kevin had a concerned look on his face.
 
Anna took a deep breath and exhaled. She looked up and studied his face. His chocolate brown eyes staring into hers, the way his light brown, wavy-like hair was partially covering the dark brown hair on the back and on the sides, [A/N: again, think of Tick Tack era lol] his mouth slightly frowning. "There's something I've wanted to tell you, and it has been bothering me for a little while." She slowly started. "I like you, Kevin."
 
"I know, Anna," he nodded. "I know you like me as a friend for the longest time," he smiled a little.
 
"No, that's not what I meant," she shook her head. She took another deep breath. "I like you, meaning I like you more than just a friend." Anna said nervously. Her eyes wandered and eventually looked up to him. "We've been through a lot of things and we've always been there for each other," she continued. "We motivate each other and never stop supporting each other of whatever we do. Even though we don't really mention this, but we care about each other. I feel that we've passed the brother and sister point in our friendship. I really like you Kevin."
 
There was a long silence as they were gazing into each other's eyes. After what seemed like a while, Kevin broke the silence. "I," he took a deep breath and continued." "I don't know what to say." He said awkwardly. Then his phone began to ring. "It's my mom. She's probably here to pick me up. I'll see you in school." He said and left the awkward scene, leaving Anna in a state of confusion. Does this mean he doesn't like me? Did I do something wrong? Where does our friendship go from here? She sighed and watched him leave. After he left, she mustered up what's left of her dignity and walked back inside to spend the last few minutes of the dance with her friends.
===============================================
Soooooo..... What did you all think???? There's more to come ^-^
 
And wow... 10 subscribers :'D I'm assuming you all like it! But how would I know... *narrows eyes* again plz comment, it'll make me feel better ^-^