Flashback (Part 3: Preparations and Persuasions)

It All Started As A Simple Friendship

 

 
It was the night of the semi-formal and Anna and her friends are over at Anna's house to get their hair and make-up done. There was a whole lot of chaos going on around the house.
 
"Where did you put curling iron?"
"I can't find my other shoe!"
"Have you seen my mascara?"
 
"Girls it's almost time to go!" Anna's mom yelled from the bottom of the staircase. In a few minutes later, the girls came down one by one, all dressed up and ready to go. Anna wore this: http://www.shortdressesshop.com/short-spaghetti-strap-sweetheart-dress-p-5827.html
"You girls look lovely," Anna's mom smiled at them. "Here let me take a picture!"
 
The girls happily gathered around and took a couple pictures. As they got into the car, they blasted the CD that U-Kiss made and began singing along.
 
 
"Cuz I'm on fire,
But you keep on standing still,
Yeah I'm burning down,
But you keep on standing still..."
 
 
As the song ended, Anna's mom looked through the rear view mirror. "You girls must excited, right?"
 
"YEA!" They all cheered and laughed together.
 
As the girls were talking and the music kept playing, during some moments of the trip Anna began to zone out and think about what Mel had said and Kevin's actions. Does he really see me more than a friend? It can't be right?
 
"Anna? Aaaaaannnnaaaaa... Oh for the love of Kevin come back to Earth!"
Mel shook her.
 
"What, what's going on, sorry, what?" Anna turned and looked at them with a confused expression on her face as they bursted out with laughter.
 
"Stop thinking about Kevin!" Anna's other friend Christine said. "You know he likes you right?"
 
"I keep telling her that but she doesn't believe me!" Mel explained.
 
"Guys I'm pretty sure he only likes me as a friend!" Anna confirmed.
 
"Anna, Kevin likes you? Well that's not surprising to me," Anna's mom intervened.
 
"Moooom, don't tell me you're siding with them," Anna slouched in her seat.
 
"I am. Honey, every time he comes over and I see you two hang out it's obvious to me that he likes you! You two have been friends for the longest time."
 
"See, your mom agrees with us." Mel smiles confidently. "Oh and Mrs. ______ Kevin asked her out to the semi-formal!"
 
"Oh really?" She raised her eyebrow as she looks at Melanie through the mirror.
 
"Yea, he gave her flowers and asked her out!"
 
"Like I said before, I'm not surprised," she chuckled. "You see Anna he LIKES you. Believe me. Momma knows best."
 
"Okay mom, I'll see if you're right..." Anna started looking out the window again as the place of the semi-formal came into view. A smile began to form on her face. "WE'RE HERE GUYS!" She screamed in joy.
 
"Okay girl, calm down Kevin's there already just let your mom drop us off first, geez," Christine laughed.
 
As everyone piled out of the car, the U-Kiss boys were by the entrance waiting for the girls to arrive. The girls came into their view.
 
"Hey Kevin, they're here." Dongho gestured to stand up from the bench by the door. He stood up and began to rub his hands together in nervousness.
 
"Ease up Kevin, you're gonna be fine. Have fun." Soohyun, the eldest of the group rubbed his back.
 
"Hey guys!" Christine waved at them.
 
"Hello ladies," Eli walked up to them. "You all look pretty tonight," he looked at them one by one. At the same time, the others complimented each other while Anna and Kevin stayed silent. After they realized that neither of them spoke, they nudged them and pushed the two of them closer to each other.
 
"H-hey Kevin," Anna bashfully smiled.
 
"Hey Anna," Kevin smiled back. "You look amazing."
 
"Thanks," she blushed a little bit as everyone around them took notice and oohed in unison. "You too," she smiled as everyone oohed again.
 
"Shall we go inside?" He held out his hand to her.
 
"We shall," she gladly accepted his hand as everyone started to ooh again for the third time.
 
"DATE ALREADY!" Anna's friends shouted. Kevin looked over at Anna and saw her cheeks turned more red. She's so cute when she blushes, he chuckled at his thought. Don't worry guys, we will VERY soon, he smiled to himself.
 
"What are you so happy about?" Anna broke him from his thoughts as they entered the dance hall. She tilted her head, looking at him with curious eyes. They were standing by the entrance as everyone else headed inside.
 
"Oh nothing," he rubbed the back of his neck. "It's just that..." He took a deep breath as she anticipated on what he had to say. "It's just that I'm happy you're going to the semi-formal with me."
 
"Well, we're friends, aren't we?" Anna chuckled. "I mean, to be honest, I wouldn't go to the semi-formal with any other guy except you," she smiled and quickly squeezed his hand.
 
"Really?" His face lit up. "You mean that?"
 
"Of course I do! I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Kevin, we're like brother and sister. We know each other so well after all these years." She gave her a genuine smile that made Kevin's heart skip a beat. "Let's go and have some fun, shall we?" Kevin and Anna linked arms as they walked into the dance hall to eat, have fun, and dance the night away.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is a little short, but as of now I've been really busy with preparations for my finals and other exams I have to take in June =.= so like in my other story, I might put this and Reunions and Relationships on a little bit of a hiatus bc I really need to focus and ace my finals, so please bear with me my dear subscribers TT.TT
Oh and btw the next chapter is basically the one shot, just a little bit modified to fit the plot line ^-^ let's just say the one shot was a teaser for this story hehe