Long time, no see

Dream come true?

Yoonji:

“Did I forget something?” my mom said before leaving through the door.
“Guess not” I answered and shook  my head.
“Ok then, good bye, sweetie!” says my mom and reached for a warm cuddly hug”
“ See you in 3 months!”

After our farewell I started to think that I can have parties, sleepover’s and do whatever I want while living by myself for a long time in Korea. It’s kinda exiting but sad at the same time. Hoping that everything’s going to be alright with mom and her family problems…  Suddenly I hear a phone ring interfering my deep thoughts. I rush to pick it up.
“Yobosaeyo?”
“Yoonji, is that you?” A familiar voice spoke.
“Yes, but may I ask, who am I speaking with?”
“ It’s Eli, remember? From middle school in California?”
“Oh my God, Eli, Is that really you? How did you get my number?” I surprisingly asked him.
“I found my address book in my attic a few days ago.”
“And why did you call me?”
“Well I’m actually in Korea right now, and remembered that you moved here too with your mom, so I thought why not give a call”
“Oh Eli, how sweet of you, not forgetting old friends!” I smiled.
After our chit-chat, we decided to meet up today at 6pm. Now, I’m feeling sleepy, so I better go take a nap.
I slept for couple of hours. It’s 5:30 pm now. I got ready and went through the door to meet up with Eli.

Autumn. Nothing is better than fresh air and a little walk. I stood by the lovely café where me and Eli agreed to meet. Waited for a few minutes and I see some guy walking up right next to me.
“Yaah, annyeong, Yoonji!” He says. But the guys voice is so familiar. I think I may know who he is.
“Is that you, Eli?”
“Ssssuushh, yes it’s me, don’t get me recognized! Don’t you remember?” He chuckles
“Ohh yea, I totally forgot!” I suddenly cover my mouth with my left hand.
“Ok, shall we go and drink some coffee? I’ll pay” I nodded and we entered the warm coffee shop.
As we got in, I  noticed that the café is so fancy and pretty with cute decorations. Made me really comfortable. We sat by a little table next to the window. The waitress took our orders. Eli got caramel cappuccino with a chocolate muffin, I got the same for myself.
“So.. You’re living with your mom right?” he asked breaking the silence.
“Not anymore,” I shake my head“ She left today, because of her parent’s in America. Something’s wrong, but my mom won’t tell me..”
“Oh. For how long?” I see his face got serious.
“About 3 months..”  smiled at him to show that that’s okay. “So, how’s the carrier? Do you have fun?”
“Well today the manager gave us 3 days to relax. So  I’m really relieved. You don’t know how tiring is to be k-pop idol.”
“I do imagine” I smiled again and Eli chuckled.
After our talk about  funny memories in school, Eli suddenly asked:
“Hey, Yoonji, are you free tomorrow?”
“Guess so, why?”
“What about…”