Bad Days

Reverse Flux

 

The spaceship is massive, all twelve of them think quietly, and it could easily be mistaken for a space station. The back hatch of the spaceship is open as drones carry in the last of supplies and equipment and there are service androids installing a transportation mechanism that connects to the Galaxy Port on Earth. Joonmyun and Kris are given special keys and have their fingerprints scanned for the high security lock.

The Galaxy Port connection will allow the team to exchange clothes, request food and water, tea or the occasional alcohol. The room is a major part of the spaceship, if not crucial, so androids will be accompanying them to ensure nothing goes wrong.

There's still quite a few crates that need to be loaded scattered along the sleek tiles, and the boys decide to wander around for one last time before boarding the ship and being lowered into sleeping capsules. Tao shivers, remembering that the ship will extract a small amount of his power to prevent the aging process while they sleep for ten years.

They'll fall asleep and wake up in what seems like seconds to them, aging prevented, while everyone they know and love leaps forward.



"Kris! I know what type of pairing we are!" Chanyeol chirped before tripping over a crate and barreling into Kris, who stood his ground and prevented Chanyeol from falling.

"What do you mean?" Kris raised an eyebrow as Chanyeol straightened himself up.

"Our couple name." He deadpanned and Kris coughed awkwardly.

"Couple? Chanyeol, I'm not so sure about us -"

"We're the Chinese Food couple!" He exclaimed and Kris blinked a few times.

"What?"

"You know, like, that special on the menu? Well, Kellis had it.. It was called Dragon and Phoenix. Get it?" Cue the smile too big for his face and Kris laughed lightly.

"I get it, but, we're not a couple. We're just partners." Kris ruffled Chanyeol's hair before turning and walking off to find his brother. Chanyeol pouted before going off to bother Joonmyun or Baekhyun.




"What's wrong with you?" Jongin appeared beside Baekhyun, who was sitting on a lounge chair. Baekhyun simply shrugged and sighed, looking up at the high ceiling of what they were going to call home for who knows how long.

"Nothing, nothing.." Baekhyun dismissed but Jongin persisted. He stayed quiet for a few moments before attacking Baekhyun's sides with swift fingers, tickling the smaller male. Baekhyun flailed wildly, nearly falling off of the couch, and began to cry from laughing too hard. "Stop, okay, I'll tell you!"

Jongin immediately stopped, a smug look plastered on his face, and waited for an explanation.

"I'm listening."

Baekhyun swallowed.

"My partner is Chinese," He paused and Jongin raised an eyebrow. "Hearing Mandarin gets me a little.. You know.. And he yelled at me and used my Chinese name and crap, Jongin, what am I going to do?!" Baekhyun blurted and Jongin blinked. Wasn't expecting that. Just as Baekhyun was about to go bonkers from the silence, Jongin snorted out a laugh.

"It's not funny!" Baekhyun slapped at Jongin's arm but the younger continued laughing, tears welling in his eyes.

"Seriously? You get by hearing Mandarin?" Jongin choked out between bouts of laughter and Baekhyun glared.

"His voice is really nice, too," Baekhyun covered his mouth with wide eyes and Jongin fell to the floor in a heap. "Aish, you're such a brat. Go away!" Baekhyun ed and Jongin teleported away before he could receive another hit to his arm. Why did the short ones hit so hard?




"Hyung." Sehun stood beside Tao and called for him, but the other didn't pay him any attention.

"Hyung." Sehun whined and Tao looked around. Sehun's bottom lip poked out and he slapped Tao's arm.

"Hyung!" Tao looked at him in confusion.

"I thought I was oppa." Tao blanched and Sehun blinked several times before shaking his head.

"Oppa is for girls; you're hyung."

"No, I'm Tao," Sehun stared at him. "Tao." Tao dragged out and Sehun pinched his arm.

"Tao hyung." Sehun corrected and Tao frowned.

"You should call me oppa, it's cuter that way." Tao beamed, but Sehun wasn't amused.

"I'm going to punch you in your nose." He growled and Tao immediately turned away. A drone bumped into Sehun and pushed him forward slightly. The distance was enough that he found himself holding Tao's shoulders with his nose just millimeters away from the Chinese male's neck and he just happened to inhale and -

Damn.

Tao teetered forward a little, but otherwise didn't shrug Sehun off. Sehun decided to be adventurous, so he pressed forward and inhaled deeply, nose burrowing into a patch of bronzed skin. Tao didn't seem to mind.

"Hyung," Sehun moved himself away and Tao turned around with a smile. "You smell nice."

Tao merely tilted his head to the side and Sehun didn't feel like being a tape recorder, so he let it go.

"Let's go mess with Luhan hyung and Jongin hyung." Sehun reached for Tao's wrist and used his free hand to point at Luhan and Jongin, the two in a deep conversation. Tao nodded and stopped time for them.



"Kyungsoo, dear, why won't you talk to me?" Jongdae swiveled in the chair he was sitting in, Kyungsoo next to him, but the younger was looking out of a window.

"I'd rather not converse with the likes of you lest I want to obliterate precious brain cells. You are not worth the trouble that will cause; you're simply my elemental partner. By no means do we have to bond, so you should carry on and pester someone else," Kyungsoo looked at him. "Please."

Jongdae frowned. No one rejected him.

"Whoa there, big boy, no need to get your briefs in a bunch. I just want to talk, you know?" Jongdae smiled, but Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes.

"If you wanted to talk, you shouldn't have introduced yourself so crudely, Jongdae. First impressions are crucial, and you, my friend, have messed up. I advise you to leave me alone right now." Kyungsoo ended the conversation there as he turned back to the window. Jongdae, however, didn't give up. Kyungsoo groaned.

"Honestly, why you?" Kyungsoo glared but Jongdae just gave him a cheeky smile in return. "There's nothing I can do, I guess.."



"Minseok, come on, please.." Joonmyun pleaded, following his cousin into the spaceship. Minseok merely growled as he stomped away from Joonmyun, heading for their shared room that he already detested. He glared at the drones as they set his belongings down for him to unpack. When Joonmyun attempted to edge closer, to possibly attempt to calm Minseok down, the latter picked up the nearest object and flung it at him. Joonmyun narrowly avoided getting struck but when the temperature in the room dropped sharply, he knew he had to go. Joonmyun sent Minseok a sad smile before exiting the room, the closing of the door triggering memories that he wished he could reverse.



"Minseok! Get up, fat , before you break the swing!" Joonmyun snorted before pushing the smaller, although older child off of the swing and onto the dusty ground. Behind him, two boys and a girl cackled like hyenas after stealing a kill from a lion. Minseok sat up, eyes downcast before he looked back at Joonmyun. His eyes became glassy but he refused to cry. His aunt, who he lived with, had just married Joonmyun's uncle, who he happens to stay with for the majority of the year while his parents work at the Galaxy Port.

Minseok wasn't fat, he was smaller than Joonmyun. His cheeks, however, made people say otherwise. The two got off to a rough start.

"Minnie honey, come down and meet your new cousin!" Minseok peeked out from the top of the stairwell, face bright and gums showing as he smiled widely. He loved meeting new people and his aunt always boasted how he and Joonmyun would get along perfectly. So, sliding down the railing, the adventurous and trigger happy eight year old bounced gleefully to his aunt's side, where a man and a younger, but slightly taller, boy stood parallel from them. The little boy had dark hair that fell just over his ears while Minseok tied his longer hair into a ponytail, cheeks puffed up and on full show.

"Hey there, little Minseok. This is my nephew, Joonmyun. I'm sure you two will get along great." The man spoke and Joonmyun clung to his pants leg only to be urged forward and away from his safe haven. Minseok's aunt urged him forward as well and Minseok ended up bumping into Joonmyun, who squeaked at the sudden contact. The two were then told to go upstairs to Minseok's room to play with his toys and off they went, Minseok merrily skipping upstairs after taking Joonmyun's hand into his own. It all went downhill when they were behind closed doors.

"Don't touch me," Joonmyun snatched his hand away from Minseok's with a scowl before going over to a large toy chest and proceeding to fling various toys out. "These toys are all mine now."

Minseok blinked and tilted his head. Joonmyun sighed, picked up a toy, and shoved it into his face. "Mine." He stressed and Minseok just shrugged. Sharing wouldn't hurt. He watched Joonmyun clamber up onto his bed and snort before tossing every stuffed animal off of the bed. Minseok gasped, running around the room to try and save each one from their carpety death. He frowned a little.

"What are you doing?" Minseok placed his monocled tophat penguin, Mr. Icebottoms, down on the floor and looked up at Joonmyun. Joonmyun threw a pillow at his face.

"Shut up, fatty, this is my bed now. You sleep under it like the troll you are." Minseok blinked in shock as Joonmyun simply turned around to take a nap. Maybe he was having a bad day, Minseok thought.

Then I guess bad days last forever.

The next day, Minseok introduced Joonmyun to his three closest friends. He claimed them too and, soon enough, he was 'fatty' to them as well. Maybe it was just another bad day.

A year later, they began to hit him. It started when Minseok accidentally bumped into Joonmyun, who was yelled at by his uncle minutes prior, and Joonmyun retaliated with a fist to his chest. Minseok whined at the pain and Joonmyun later told the others how much of a thrill he got from hitting Minseok. They took turns punching him.

Joonmyun was just having another bad day.

Two years dragged on and now Minseok's eleven, Joonmyun ten. Minseok received a note from a girl Joonmyun liked saying that she wanted to be Minseok's girlfriend. Joonmyun found the note the next day and punched Minseok in the face, locked him in the closet and told the girl Minseok called her a . She slapped Minseok the next day in the cafeteria.

Joonmyun had a right to be upset, Minseok thought. His heart began to darken.

Minseok's friends all prefer Joonmyun over him. His heart aches.

Minseok's friends all call him fatass and stupid. It's snowing in July within him.

At Minseok's graduation, Joonmyun and his posse egged and pushed him into a filthy pool. Minseok snaps during the transport to Mokari, screaming at the top of his lungs as his heart freezes over. He hates Joonmyun, bad days.

Joonmyun learns of Minseok's troubles with his parents, who abused and beat him, and feels terrible because all Minseok did was smile at him. Even when he punched him. Even when he , Minseok just smiled with a busted lip and black eye. Joonmyun regrets everything and attempts to apply for Mokari only to learn all slots have been filled. So, he applies for Kellis instead, changing his ways completely over the next decade, wishing he could take back everything he did to Minseok.

They've completely reversed, Joonmyun all bright smiles with a timid personality, Minseok a hardcore bully who will no longer take bull from anyone.

Joonmyun can't say Minseok's having a bad day.


Everything has been loaded into the ship and the boys all return to their rooms, Minseok leaving first, to suit up and prepare for sleep and their hyper warp through space. MAMA has issued a task for them on a planet in Sector 25, an earth-like planet almost completely covered in water. No other information was given as the tree simply said the Guardians will know what to do when they arrive. After suiting up, the eleven of them make their way to a large, cream colored room with a pod for each of them, symbols embossed into the glass doors. There's a pillow like bed nestled into each one with faint blue lights adorning the interior perimeter. Minseok is already getting into his, frowning deeply because Joonmyun's is next to his.

There's a timer on the ceiling, five minutes. They all quickly get into their respective pairs and jokingly tell each other goodnight, Minseok staying silent when Joonmyun bids him sweet dreams. The timer clicks and the pods hiss as the doors close over them. The ship whirs and the walls of the room fade to give them a full view of space. The floor shifts and the room rotates, the pods being positioned vertically onto the transparent glass facing Earth. Mokari and Kellis are parallel with the moon below them. A faint mist is sprayed over them and there's a faint glow from Tao's pod as the ship deploys the anti aging nanobots created from Tao's power.

The hyper s engage, blue flames surging out until they're thin beams. Each of them say goodbye to Earth, Kellis Mokari and the moon because they'll never see them again. They bid the other students farewell, they bid the people on Earth farewell and they say hello to their new life as sleep takes over their bodies. Stars, planets, satellites and nebulae twist and warp, turning into streams of fabulous light when the spaceship enters hyperspace. They're heading for their new life, and none of them are expecting what will happen when it begins.

 

---

Why does everything come out shorter when I paste it here?  Augh. I haven't updated in nearly a month and it's short. /crying