Introduction - Kellis Guardians

Reverse Flux

 

"Sehun, move your scrawny . Kyungsoo, you need to feed this kid more, I've seen paper thicker than this ."

Kyungsoo watches in flat amusement as Baekhyun does his routine teasing of Sehun's body figure at lunch time. Sehun's learned to ignore Baekhyun in favor of plopping down next to Kyungsoo and falling over him like an overly attached cat. Baekhyun stops moments after and begins to babble and drone on about makeup, mainly eyeliner, and clothes he's seen the day before. Their medium sized table, big enough to seat eight, is stationed right next to the bay windows of the academy cafeteria. The table's specially designed for confirmed Guardians of Kellis, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Baekhyun being the first three to be called out. Two other candidates, names forgotten in star dust, were recently deported back to Earth, the host planet governing over Kellis and Mokari with a manmade ring of satellites and other space debris littering the perimeter of the watery planet.

"I heard we can see Mokari today. Baekhyun, could you open the window please?" Kyungsoo bats his eyelashes at the kohl-eyed male next to him and said male rolls his eyes before moving his index finger in a circular motion. A small halo of light forms and Baekhyun nudges it towards the button near the top right corner of the wide, shuttered windows and it expands around the button before tightening around it. Sehun watches Baekhyun boredly for a few more seconds before launching a kick at his shin, the victim howling in pain and losing his concentration. The ring shatters and the button breaks, the shutters going out of whack, the sliding screens opening and closing rapidly.

"Why you--!" Baekhyun snarls and Sehun smiles before bolting out of his seat, Baekhyun hurling himself over the table to chase after him. Other students begin to look at them and that's when Kyungsoo decides to bury his head under his arms as Baekhyun chases Sehun around the lunchroom, the duo disturbing the peace as they barrel onto tables and knock lunches out of unsuspecting students' grasps. Kyungsoo peaks out from the corner of his elbow just in time to see Sehun crash into a tall, curly-haired boy, the both of them falling backwards onto the tiled floor. Baekhyun trips over the fallen Sehun and ends up tumbling on top of the curly blond, the two groaning from the impact. Kyungsoo sighs as he drags himself out of his seat to investigate the scene.

"That kind of hurt. Hey, could you, you know, get off of me?" Baekhyun flinches as he looks at the boy he landed on and swallows before scampering off of him. Sehun turns over onto his hands and knees, quietly, and begins to crawl away.

"No!" Baekhyun hisses as he lunges at Sehun's ankles. Sehun kicks up a little wind to propel himself away from Baekhyun and ends up colliding with Kyungsoo, the two falling to the floor. Students are snickering all around them and Sehun puffs out his cheeks in frustration just before Baekhyun pulls him up into a headlock. "You little brat!"

Kyungsoo watches with a frown as he rubs at the elbow he landed on. Baekhyun hoists Sehun up and forces the taller one to bend over under his arm as he casually holds out his free one to help Kyungsoo off of the floor.

"Hyung, I'm sorry, let me go!" Sehun groans, the position proving to be highly uncomfortable for someone of his stature. Baekhyun simply ignores him as Kyungsoo takes hold of his hand and helps him stand up.

"Baekkie, you should let him go." Kyungsoo nearly whispers, still rubbing at his elbow. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows before tightening his hold on Sehun as if the younger were a keepsake teddy bear.

"Maybe later." Baekhyun grins and Sehun struggles to get away from him.

"Maybe now." A suave voice whispers into Baekhyun's ear and, before he knows it, Sehun's gone. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo blink in confusion before looking around the cafeteria for the blond boy, but all they see are the scattered uniformed students and the curly haired male, who's now talking to someone significantly shorter than him. Kyungsoo stares at him and in a few seconds, he sees Sehun and another male appear next to the curly haired one.

"Oh, so that's what happened." Kyungsoo directs Baekhyun over to the quad, Sehun slowly slinking away, before pointing to a tan male who is now leaning against the taller one. Baekhyun rolls his eyes as Sehun re-approaches the two of them and latches onto Kyungsoo childishly, burying his face into the elder’s neck.

"Hyung," Sehun starts and both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo look at him. "He touched me." Kyungsoo sighs and Baekhyun shakes his head. The three suddenly hear a yelp from the trio not too far from them and are surprised to see the shortest pulling on the tanned boy's ear and scolding him, the curly haired male snickering behind a fist.

"Jongin, you don't go around meddling and abusing your powers. Besides, that's not a proper way to introduce yourself. Go do it properly." The male let go of Jongin's ear and said male mocked him before vanishing, a distorted image of himself being left behind before bursting into nothing. The tall, curly haired male patted the shorter on the shoulder.

"Our son's growing so fast, Joonmyun, I'm going to cry," He pretended to wipe a tear from his face before Joonmyun shook his head.

"Chanyeol, I worry about both you and Jongin sometimes.”

"Ouch. Well, damn. It's not like we're special or anything, so that's pretty harsh," Chanyeol pouted and Joonmyun just stared at him before walking away silently towards the group Jongin vanished to. "Hey...” Chanyeol groaned as he tailed after his friend.

"Hyung, he's going to touch me again." Sehun scooted behind Kyungsoo as Jongin took a step closer towards him, the three taking a synchronized step back.

"Why are you backing away from me? I just want to say hi and introduce myself," Jongin pouted as he tried again, this time reaching out to grab at Kyungsoo's hand.

"No. Back, you creature," Sehun growled possessively as he directed a torrent of wind towards Jongin. Jongin vanished, the distorted image of him left behind warping with the sudden wind current. "I broke it." Sehun smiled and Kyungsoo pinched the bridge of his nose. Baekhyun suddenly yelped and the two looked at him, Sehun knitting his eyebrows immediately. Jongin smirked at him as he kept an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders.

"He didn't stay broken. You're supposed to be broken, stop breaking the rules." Sehun fretted and Kyungsoo pinched the teen's lips together.

"Shush, Sehun. Um. What was your name again?" Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin while Sehun huffs and wraps his arms around his neck, chin resting atop Kyungsoo's black hair.

"Jongin, Kim Jongin. I'm one of the Kellis Guardians," Jongin announces proudly, eyes crinkling as a smile plasters itself across his lips. Baekhyun shifts and looks up at him. "I have the power of teleportation."

"You're a Guardian too?" Baekhyun gives Jongin a skeptical look and the taller furrows his eyebrows.

"'Too'? Whoa, whoa.. You're a Guardian?" Jongin lets his arm fall off of Baekhyun's shoulder and the smaller male nods, a frown pinching the corners of his lips. Jongin in his lower lip as Sehun groans in annoyance.

"Why does the universe hate us, Soo?" Sehun whines into the black locks of Kyungsoo's hair and the latter just chuckles in response, his left hand rising up to pet Sehun's blond hair, fingers snaking through the black undertone.

"It doesn't, Sehun, be nice." Kyungsoo looks up at his friend and the younger huffs and detaches from him.

"I assume you've introduced yourself already," Joonmyun walks into the open space of the incomplete circle, Chanyeol tagging close behind him and settling between Joonmyun and Baekhyun. Baekhyun fidgets, slightly intimidated with being positioned between Jongin and Chanyeol. "Hi, my name's Joonmyun. I take it you three are the first Kellis Guardians, if I may guess." Joonmyun smiled and Kyungsoo nodded in response.

"Correct. I am Do Kyungsoo, the Kellis Guardian with the element of Earth." Kyungsoo grabs Sehun's wrist and pulls him up. Sehun exhales as his face goes stoic.

"I'm Oh Sehun, the Kellis Guardian of -- do I really have to do this? -- Wind. Fwoosh." Sehun wriggles his fingers obnoxiously and Chanyeol giggle-snorts in response. Kyungsoo reaches over to pull Baekhyun to him, the older silently thanking him in response.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun, not Bacon, but Baekhyun. If you call me Bacon, I'll temporarily blind you since permanently blinding you will send me back to Earth. If you haven't guessed, I'm the Kellis Guardian of Light." Baekhyun grinned and both Jongin and Chanyeol took a step back. Joonmyun shot the two a look before stepping forward.

"It's a pleasure meeting our teammates. I apologize for not mentioning this before, but I was assigned to be the Kellis Guardian Leader. I govern over the Water element. From what I can recall, Baekhyun is, in fact, the vice-leader," Joonmyun walked up to said male and shook his hand, winking at him afterwards. He looked back at Chanyeol afterwards.

"Chanyeol, your turn." Chanyeol clears his throat and raises his chin high before stepping forward. Jongin rolls his eyes and juts out his foot just as Chanyeol moves, the taller tripping exaggeratedly and barreling into Kyungsoo. Jongin's jaw drops as he looks around the cafeteria, Sehun glaring at him while Joonmyun sighs loudly and proceeds to help both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo off of the floor. When Chanyeol stands up, he lights Jongin's uniform blazer on fire and the male flails around before vanishing into thin air. Joonmyun decides to sit down.

"Anyway.. My name's Park Chanyeol, I am the Kellis Guardian of Flame. I'm also the carrier of the Phoenix!" Chanyeol proudly stated and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Well, aren't you special, Mr. Harry Potter." Baekhyun spits and Chanyeol furrows his brows at him before sticking out his tongue. Baekhyun feels a vein throb in his temple and decides to look away from Chanyeol.

"You know, we're going to have to all try and get along sooner or later." Kyungsoo pipes up as he swats Sehun away at the same time, the blond fussing over him with questions asking him if he's all right.

"Yes, that's one thing we must accomplish before we meet up with the Mokari Guardians. I have proposed something to the official beforehand, so we're in luck." Joonmyun states and Baekhyun tilts his head.

"And what would that be?"

"I told them it would be best if we were all situated in a joint dorm with three rooms." Joonmyun smiles as Kyungsoo, Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol glare at him. Joonmyun blinks when Baekhyun cracks his knuckles.

"All right, water boy, I think it's high time someone showed you the light at the end of the tunnel." Baekhyun hissed and Joonmyun swallowed before darting away from the table.

"It was a harmless proposal! Surely it isn't that bad, right?!"

", you didn't even get our permission first!" Jongin returns minutes later, new blazer on, and sits down next to Chanyeol as they all watch Baekhyun chase Joonmyun around the cafeteria.

"Wow, is that how Baekhyun and I look every day? This is entertaining." Sehun smiles and all Kyungsoo can do is shake his head and pat the younger on the shoulder.

"Very."

--

A/N: Introductory chapter, so it's pretty short. Mokari will be posted next and then chapters will be longer.