Moon Base Meeting

Reverse Flux

Day 7 - Kellis

 

"Restrain."

The call rings through the air and a torrent of wind warps and wraps around Kyungsoo's small frame, Sehun standing in front of him with crossed arms and closed lids.

"Prevent."

Baekhyun's glowing fingertips weave through the air as if he were playing a piano, Jongin engulfed by strands of binding light that clench and squeeze around him physically.

"Scorch."

Chanyeol snaps as multiple orioles with singed and scorching feathers dance around Joonmyun, touching him but not touching him.

"Defend."

Kyungsoo moves quickly; his entire form shifting into a ready stance as the ground beneath his feet splinters from the sudden impact and rises, the wind caressing the debris and cradling it. Sehun opens his eyes.

"Distort."

The bands of light shatter and combine with the sudden plume of nothingness; a void-flavored cloud of absence as Jongin vanishes from sight.

"Strike."

Rings of water encase and expand around Joonmyun like the rings of Saturn, the birds of flame engulfed as a serpent materializes with a gaping jaw. There's a hiss as fire and water collide and produce an overwhelming steam.

"That's enough for today. You're all dismissed, head to your dorm and get ready for departure tomorrow. You'll be transported to the Moon where you'll meet the Mokari Guardians."

The boys nod at the command and file out of the chrome plated room as servicemen march in to repair the damage caused by Kyungsoo.

 

Day 7 - Mokari

 

"They consider you intelligent life? What the , you lazy swine, get up!" Yixing hisses as he kicks at Luhan, but a hand grips his ankle just before impact. Luhan sighs and shakes, sweat dripping from his forehead onto the linoleum tiles. Tao glares dangerously up at Yixing.

"Seems he still has some fight in him, Xingie. You 'outta break him after practice; put him in his place." Minseok snorts from his spot on the wall before pushing away from it. Kris is scowling at the trio and watches as Luhan sits up slowly from his position, the boy panting heavily as Tao keeps a firm grip on Yixing. Yixing rolls his eyes before grabbing a fistful of Tao's hair and yanking him up to eye level. Jongdae watches in silence, one leg folded over the other, and taps the toe of his dangling shoe against the tiles, sparks igniting and charging the air briefly.

"This little crybaby is just putting on an act for his girlfriend," Yixing shoves Tao away from him and grips the back of Luhan's shirt before pulling him up to his feet. He smirks. "Isn't that right, Lulu? You miss your baby Tao?" Yixing sneers and Jongdae stops tapping his foot. Tao growls nearby and Kris hisses as Minseok drops his body temperature.

"Baby Tao? Where'd that come from?" Minseok muses as he walks over to Tao and pulls on one of his piercings to bring him down to eye level. Tao glares at him, but remains silent otherwise.

"I figured it's suitable for how they act around each other. Luhan absolutely babies the kid. Anyway, let's get back to work. Pair up." Yixing snaps and abruptly lets Luhan go. Minseok releases the temperature drop on Kris and the hold on Tao's piercing.

Kris scowled as he stood between Tao and Luhan, a considerable distance between them, and in front of Jongdae. Minseok took his spot in front of Luhan before he cracked his knuckles, slivers of ice breaking the air as he did. Tao ventured over to the corner of the room before picking up a black staff with a red knotted tassle on one end. He handed it to Yixing before resuming his spot.

"Alright, let's begin." Jongdae smirked as sparks of blue lightning cackled and whipped between the pads of his fingers. Minseok exhaled and the air around him glistened before weaving itself into small frozen darts that hung loosely around his space. Yixing tapped the end of the tassled staff before abruptly crouching down in a fighting stance. A symbol on the back of Kris' hand gave off an eerie flash of orange and he waited for Jongdae's move. Luhan rolled his wrists gently at his sides as he connected with the spears around Minseok. Tao crouched down low and remained as still as a statue.

"Ready.." Minseok twirled the spears.

"Set.." Jongdae increased the voltage.

"Go!" Yixing rushed forward and slammed the staff against Tao's chest, the younger grunting before gripping the black wood and lifting himself over it. Yixing bit his lip before ducking under the kick Tao aimed at him. Tao grabbed the tassle and let go of the wood as he whipped himself around Yixing. Confused by the movement, Yixing allowed Tao to take the staff away from him and Tao threw it across the floor before jumping up and slamming the bottom of his boot against Yixing's chest, said male sliding across the floor before falling to his knees and coughing.

Kris crouched to the floor before lunging at Jongdae, the younger bearing a sinister grin. "Come at me, Kris!" He barked and Kris narrowed his eyes. Just as he launched a stream of pure electricity at him, the bolt was redirected to maneuver around Kris. Kris took the second he had been granted, Jongdae utterly baffled, and launched a forceful punch at the other's jaw. Jongdae stumbled back, cursing, before his own bolt hit him and sent him to the floor in a groaning mess.

Minseok clicked his tongue and glared at Luhan, who returned the menacing look tenfold. "You want to play dirty, pretty boy?"

Luhan smirked and brought up one hand before curling a finger towards himself.

"Come get me," Minseok snorted and snapped, the spears giving off a soft hum as they rotated. Another snap from his fingers and they blew through the air, whistling, and suddenly stopped mere millimeters in front of Luhan. "Tsk, tsk." Luhan chuckled before gently pushing out his hand and sending the spears back at a mach speed. Minseok's eyes widened before he clamped them shut. He let out a soft yelp as the spears pinned him to the wall, but otherwise left him undamaged.

"I think we know who the clear winners are today." Kris dusted himself off before walking over to Jongdae, the man twitching and groaning softly. Luhan clenched his fists and the spears shattered into frozen dust. Tao crouched beside Yixing before hoisting half of his body onto his own and helped him stand up, the other silent.

"Tch, whatever. You guys got lucky." Minseok dismissed before leaving the room, servicemen filing in to repair any damages as the rest of them left.

 

Day 8 - Moon Base

 

Baekhyun and Joonmyun stood side by side as they waited for the leader and vice-leader of Mokari to enter the meeting room. They were on the Central Moon Base and were temporarily housed in a glass dome, giving them a fulltime view of the outer space around them. Kyungsoo sat behind Jongin on a couch, the younger on the floor between his legs as Kyungsoo played around in his hair. Sehun was leaning on Chanyeol as the older read a magazine in silence on the couch adjacent from Kyungsoo and Jongin. The Kellis Guardians had managed to establish a full friendship between the six of them, although short spats still occurred.

When the doors slid open with a hiss, Baekhyun and Joonmyun simultaneously straightened up as the six Mokari Guardians filed in, two holding a thick sheet of paper.

Joonmyun blinked. Minseok blinked.

"Joonmyun?!"

"Minseok?!" Baekhyun and Kris looked at them.

"I take it you two know each other?" Baekhyun piped in, Joonmyun nodding.

"Yeah, he's my cousin.. Sort of. We're not blood related, though." Joonmyun spoke slowly and Minseok rolled his eyes.

"Thankfully. Which one of you is Suho?" Minseok tightened his lips into a thin line when Joonmyun raised his hand with a sheepish smile. "You've got to be kidding me. You're my partner?!"

"I guess so! We'll be working closely together from now on, right?"

"Can I go back to Earth?"

 

Kris coughed as he introduced himself to Baekhyun, his hand extending. "I'm Wu Yi Fan, the leader of the Mokari Guardians. My codename is Kris. I take it you're Baekhyun?" Kris smiled and Yixing furrowed his brows behind him. By now, the other four Kellis Guardians had arisen from the seats and stood behind their leaders. Baekhyun shook Kris' hand.

"That's correct. You must be Yeolie' partner, then." Baekhyun turned to tug on Chanyeol's sleeve and pulled him forward, Chanyeol smiling widely. Kris nodded at him.

"Park Chanyeol, at your service! It's cool seeing someone taller than me for once," Chanyeol grunted when Baekhyun nudged him. Hard. "Ow.." Baekhyun looked at the sheet in his hands.

"Uh.. Which of you is Yi.. Yixing? Did I say it right?" Baekhyun frowned as he watched Yixing shove himself to the front and cross his arms.

"That would be me. My codename is Lay, so use it if you can't say my name right." Yixing scowled and Baekhyun scrunched his nose up in distaste, not liking the attitude.

"Yeah, whatever," Baekhyun turned to Kyungsoo and pulled him up. "Who's Jongdae?"

"Whoa, look at the eyes on that one!" Jongdae snickered as he stepped forward and poked Kyungsoo in the head three times, the latter blinking in confusion before swatting his hand away. Kyungsoo knitted his brows together and let out an unamused huff.

"I take it you're Jongdae."

"Right-o. Codename is Chen, though." Chen winked and Jongin glared at him. Kyungsoo merely shook his hand and walked off with Jongdae following him. Joonmyun coughed as he stopped talking with Minseok, the shorter crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Sehun-ah? Could you come forward, please?" Joonmyun called and Sehun stepped forward, face stoic and eyes sleepy. "Thank you. Tao from Mokari?" Joonmyun looked through the remaining boys and watched as a raven walked up to him, a gentle smile on his lips. Sehun shifted in his spot.

"Hi, I'm Tao. Well, my codename is Tao but it's not much different from my real name, which is Zi Tao. It's nice to meet you, Sehun." Tao smiled and Sehun cocked his head to the side slightly.

"Your voice doesn't match your face." He blanched and Joonmyun pinched his arm. Tao nervously rubbed the back of his head before Sehun took hold of his wrist and dragged him off.

"And this leaves.. Jongin, could you step forward? Luhan from Mokari, could you come up as well?" Joonmyun took a step back as Jongin stepped forward. Kris turned around to grasp his brother's wrist before pulling him up gently. Jongin blinked before smiling and held out his hand.

"Hi, you must be Luhan. I'm Jongin, but you can call me by my codename, Kai, if you want." Jongin smiled and Luhan beamed.

"Nice meeting you! You already know my name, so there's no need for me to tell you." Luhan replied and the four leaders and vice-leaders nodded at each other before walking away from the entrance.

 

 

 

"So, cutie," Jongdae slipped his sly fingers under Kyungsoo's chin and drummed them lightly before lifting his head up. "Ever kiss a boy?"

Kyungsoo looked at him boredly before suddenly reaching up and gripping his wrist in a vice grip.

"Don't touch me so casually, please." Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and tightened his grip. Jongdae flinched.

"Yeah, sure, I got it," He groaned and Kyungsoo released him. Jongdae rubbed his sore wrist and frowned. "Damn.. What's your element?"

"Earth. What is yours?"

"Lightning."

"Ah, the one who always strikes their own. Fascinating." Kyungsoo patted Jongdae on the head before he walked away.

"Huh? What was.. Hey!" Jongdae frowned as he followed Kyungsoo around.

 

 

 

"So you own a space dragon?" Chanyeol blinked up at Kris with wide eyes as he cradled his cheeks in his palms. Kris smiled.

"Not own, no, we're binded. He still does his own thing, I do mine. What about your fenghuang?" Kris inquired and Chanyeol simply blinked.

"My feng what now?" Chanyeol tilted his head slightly as his eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Sorry, I meant Phoenix. I used the Chinese term, my apologies." Kris reconstructed and Chanyeol nodded.

"She does what she wants, kind of stubborn. She'd rather send out smaller birds than come out herself." Chanyeol pouted and Kris raised an eyebrow.

"She? It's a female?"

"Yep. She nags at me sometimes, that's how I know." Chanyeol explained and Kris hummed.

"Is it fun flying through the air?" Chanyeol pried and Kris simply shrugged.

"It's an adrenaline rush, I can tell you that. I hated it the first day because they put me in a wind tunnel and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Have you ever summoned your Phoenix?"

"Once, a few days ago. She's really big! She's like me plus you!" Chanyeol exclaimed, pearly white teeth flashing. Kris laughed lightly.

 

 

 

"So, how do you work?" Sehun poked at Tao's arm, a bored look riddling his face. Tao frowned slightly.

"How I.. Work?" Tao fumbled with his Korean and Sehun raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean.. You don't suit yourself. Your voice is really smooth yet you look like an evil ." Sehun blanched and Tao's frown deepened.

"? Me?"

"No, the wall,"

Tao perked up.

"Yes, you."

He deflated. Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.

"Sorry.." Tao whispered, hanging his head. Sehun crossed his arms before sitting back in his seat. He stared at the boy in front of him for a while before sighing and leaning over the table to gently pat Tao's back.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault you were destined to look like this and sound like that."

"I.. I don't know if I should say thanks or not.." Tao muttered and Sehun rolled his eyes.

"My power is Wind, by the way. What's yours?"

"Time Control."

"Time Control, huh? Can you stop time for both of us?" When Tao nodded, Sehun smiled brightly. "Do it."

 

 

 

"Honestly, am I allowed to return to Earth? It's one thing to be near you, another thing to be your partner." Minseok hissed and Joonmyun simply listened in silence.

"Are you done?" He asked after Minseok ceased talking. Minseok snorted.

"Yeah, I'm done.."

"Look, I know we never got along when we were younger -"

"You and your friends bullied me!"

"- Yes, and I'm sorry for that! Minseok, please, I've changed. I don't want to fight with you anymore." Joonmyun pleaded, reaching across to grab Minseok's hand. Minseok's skin was ice cold to the touch and he gasped.

"Changed? Yeah, so have I. Thanks for the childhood." Minseok hissed and Joonmyun held his cold hand.

"Please, Seokie, I'm sorry for how I treated you before." Minseok snatched away from him with a glare to match his body temperature.

"Sorry isn't going to erase the pain you inflicted on me." Joonmyun could only sigh as Minseok walked away from him and went into the bathroom.

 

 

 

"You're only useful in the dark."

", you're only useful when someone gets gravely hurt. Check yourself." Baekhyun snorted and Yixing narrowed his eyes.

"I don't like you."

"Don't flatter yourself, the feeling's mutual, assnut," Baekhyun glared and Yixing's lip curled up into a smirk. "You have a hole in your face."

"It's a dimple!"

"It's ugly, that's what it is." Baekhyun scrunched his nose up as if he smelled something foul and Yixing sighed.

"Why did they pair me with you?"

"I'm wondering the same thing; you're far from my type." The two glared deep into each others souls until something sharp pricked at their backs simultaneously.

"Ow! What the hell was that?" Yixing hissed, turning around to see what or who could have attacked him.

"Most likely your face."

"Shut up, Boxian!" Yixing hollered in Mandarin and Baekhyun blinked. Baekhyun walked away silently afterwards and Yixing could only raise an eyebrow.

 

 

 

"You probably get told this a lot, but you're really pretty." Jongin smiled and Luhan returned it.

"Thanks. But just remember I'm still a boy, okay? Don't treat me like a girl because of my face." Luhan tapped Jongin's nose and the latter blinked.

"But isn't that why you were chosen to be a disruptor? For your disarming looks?" Jongin questioned and Luhan nodded, his eyes crinkling prettily as his smile grew. Jongin couldn't help but get lost in his radiating beauty.

"Mhm! Hey, you know I'm older than you, right?" Luhan piped up and Jongin frowned.

"You are?"

"Yep! I'm 23." Jongin began coughing and Luhan patted his back.

"23?! You lie."

"I'm not lying.."

"You must be. You're older than our leader. It's not possible, I refuse to accept this. Ani!" Jongin covered his ears and clamped his eyes shut as Luhan nervously scratched at his head.

"Jongin-ah.."

 

 

 

Sehun snickered as he and Tao returned to their original spots after pinching Baekhyun and Yixing. He slung an arm around Tao's shoulders and smiled as he resumed time.

"I think we'll get along great."

"Will the Guardians of both Kellis and Mokari report to the loading dock? Your spaceship is ready." The twelve boys looked at each other, some smiling, before gathering with their respective partners and heading towards the thick metal doors that opened to reveal an extensive glass corridor.

"This is it, boys. There's no turning back, so let's do our best on this journey." Kris announced and they all nodded in agreement before disappearing behind those thick metal doors.

---

A/n: Spacing has been fixed, enjoy. :3