Chapter 7

The Bucket List

                Yesterday was really funny, Nick was alleged a maniac in the hot spring we’re in. He accidentally went inside of the girl’s area and everyone screamed and threw stuffs against him, leaving him some bruises.

                Anyway, so much of that, today is another big day! Time to have some fun at the theme park. Disney Land Japan! I know it’s kiddy but I like it. I have been to HongKong Disney Land but never here in Japan. Tokyo Disney Land is really huge!!!!

                We tried every single ride there. First off, the kiddie rides. Nick’s even bored with those, he was looking forward in going to some extreme rides. I need to make my stay and pay there worth it you know! He didn’t ride those kiddie rides I’m talking about he was just taking pictures of me and the places around.

                After another ride, I said “Let’s go to the castle!”

                “Can we ride something great? I wanna ride too, you know.” Nick said

                “Dude, if you’re looking for some EXTREME rides, I think you won’t find it here. This is a kiddie place!” I replied.

                “Why did we go here then?” Nick shrugged

                “Because I wanna feel my childhood!” I said pulling him towards the castle.

I asked some folk there to take a picture of us in the castle. It’s so amazing. The whole entire feeling. We tried the water rides, those space rides and everything. It’s humorous to think that I’m too old for these but I love it.

                After spending almost the entire day in Disney Land, we left there in the late afternoon. We ate ice cream before we left the place. Vanilla flavor again for Nick. Peppermint for me.

                “Nick, our flight back to Italy is tomorrow night and I don’t think we are half through with my bucket list.” I said.

                Little problematic, I didn’t thought we’d be so amused in Disney Land.

                “Let’s do it quickly then, come on!” Nick said.

                “No, I really need more time. And aren’t you enjoying here?” I asked.

                “What will you do?” Nick asked back.

                “Ditch our flight tomorrow?” I suggested.

                “NO! It’s too expensive. Are you kidding me!” Nick yelled.

                “Yes, we’re ditching our flight tomorrow. And go to Yokohama tonight.” I said.

                “WHAT?!?!?! I know that you’re rich but you can’t just waste money you know!”

                “Okay, okay. Flight reschedule? Happy?” I said.

                “Alright. Come on! Let’s go to Yokohama. I thought of a great idea!” Nick said.

I nodded and we went immediately to the train station. #44: Ride a bullet train. Check! We reached our destination in just a few minutes. Amazing how fast that train is. But you cannot feel its speed. It’s like a not-moving-vehicle but if you stare outside the window, it’s damn fast!

                YOKOHAMA! Where the famous night life is, the Ferris wheel and the rollercoaster around it. Ahh! Amazing! The lights! Oh and there’s a bay near the city. You can see the reflection of lights on it.

                “Shall we ride that giant Ferris wheel and see the entire Yokohama?” Nick asked.

                “Of course!!!” I answered.

We went to the Ferris wheel and rode it immediately. The view at the peak of it was priceless! It seems like you can see the entire Japan. Exaggerating. But the city of Yokohama is truly, truly wonderful!

                “Hey! You look like a little kid who’s very happy to ride here for the first time!” Nick said.

                “Don’t you think it’s just wonderful?” I asked.

                “It is. Japan is.”

                “Do you really find me and my bucket list weird?”

                “Yes… before. But it’s not weird for me now.”

                “Why is that so?”

                “I learned to love you? And your stupidity?” Nick laughed. “I mean, as a friend”

                “OF COURSE! AS A FRIEND ONLY.” I laughed. It was awkward to hear that!

I don’t know what this feeling is. It slightly pierce my heart whenever Nick says and emphasizes that he just love me as a FRIEND. It pierces my heart a bit whenever I think of going back to China and NOT seeing him again. It hurts me a little more to think that I’m never gonna be that perfect girl for him because I’m dying. On the other hand, it gives me joy and butterflies whenever he does something for me, even though I know he’s just doing it because we’re both doing each other a favor. But it’s still sweet and genuine for me. And yes… I don’t know why.

                “Hey! Why so serious?” Nick tapped.

                “Nothing. Just thinking about how to accomplish this whole day road trip thingy? And where to? Any ideas?” I covered.

                “How about car ride in going to Osaka tomorrow morning?” He suggested.

                “Should I buy a mini car here? So we can use something?” I offered.

                “BUY A CAR?! NO! No need for that lady!”

                “Then how?”

                “Rent a car?”

                “Why not just buy?”

                “Because it’s expensive, then what? You’re leaving it here after? Too expensive!”

                “Alright. Let’s rent a car.” I smiled.

And after a long conversation, the Ferris wheel ride ended. We spent the night at Yokohama, walking and strolling. We took pictures of the building there and the beauty of that city. We almost forgot that it was not Tokyo! And that we have to go back to our Hotel!

                “Nick, we have to go back now. Is the train 24hrs?” I asked.

                “uhm.. I’m not sure…” Nick answered.

Then we both ran to the train station in Yokohama to catch the train! It was hilarious to think that we’ve really forgotten about it! Until my lungs began to malfunction again… I stopped and tried to catch my breath. Nick was already a distance away from me. I tried to call him but I was really panting hard.

He looked back and saw me on my knees and panting. He immediately ran towards me and held me.

                “Have you also forgotten that you are sick? And you can’t run?” Nick said jokingly.

                “Yes” I breathe harder. “I’m” *pant* “sorry” *pant* “I can’t” *pant*

                “shhh!” Nick put his pointy finger against my lips. “I’ll carry you okay?”

Nick sat his back facing me and positioned his both hands for a piggyback.

                “Come on!” Nick said

                I didn’t say a thing and immediately rode his back. Ahh! Bucket list #20 Piggyback.

                “Alright!” He stood up right away carrying me while we were walking on the streets of Yokohama beside the tall buildings.

                “Am I heavy?” I asked gaining my breath again

                “Nope, you don’t even weigh as much as my barbell.” Nick giggled.

                “y me!” I joked.

                Nick laughed “I thought I heard it wrong!”

I don’t know what happened next but what I know is that I fell asleep and when I woke up it’s the next morning already! And Nick’s all set up for our road trip! Not to mention, he has the car, the foods, the camping stuffs, and is ready to check out! While me? Well, just me still comfy.

I immediately fixed myself for our road trip! When all was ready and we were about to check out, I saw Nick carrying a lot of baggage.

                “Hey, don’t tell me that’s part of our day?” I asked

                “Of course!” Nick said.

We checked out of the hotel and fixed our stuffs in a minivan. Nick explained that he happened to have an ex-girlfriend who’s actually a Japanese! They have a business of car rent here for tourists. Sounds impossible right? But I met the girl. I asked how they knew that each of them were here in Japan, and the girl said that, she saw us in the hot spring. And immediately contacted the number of Nick who haven’t really changed his number since then. This is what FATE means.

                The Japanese girl handed the keys to Nick and let him borrow the car. Without a driver. Cheers to that! We’re riding solo! We both got in to the car and drove.

                “Do you know the direction, mister?” I asked.

                “That’s why I got this! And this!” He showed me a fake Japanese driver’s license and a map.

                “Sneaky.” I giggled.

                “We’ll go there. I won’t get into stupid accidents so I bet this license will not be used. But just in case.” Said Nick.

                “So tell me about that girl! How did you meet her?”

                “Typical night at the club? She’s a tourist? She’s hot right?”

                “Hmm… well… she is!”

                “Her name is Reiko. Since I knew she was a Japanese, I used my Japanese skills in the club and got her! She’s one blink away.” Nick laughed.

                That girl Reiko was really hot. Needless to say, she’s y and flawless. She doesn’t really look like a typical Japanese though.

                “I’ll guess, you slept with her?” I guessed.

                Nick laughed hard “How did you know?”

                “Typical Nick?” I said sarcastically.

                He laughed again and said “Well, I haven’t slept with you, so it’s not typical.”

                I smashed the map I was holding into his face.

                “What the hell!” Nick yelled and giggled. “Are you jealous?”

                “Do you want me to smash your face again?!” I yelled.

                “Well, I’ll just tell you a story about us. She happened to visit Rome back then and go to that club. She was a party girl here in Japan. So I met her in Rome and that very night we slept at my apartment. She’s really hot. I mean best ever!” Nick was telling

                I smashed him again “you gross jerk! ert!”

                “I only remember girls who give me remarkable night! I don’t remember much, you know! That’s why I’m telling you she’s the best. She stayed in Rome for like 3 months. And my life was complete, she’s rich also. And she was my girlfriend and hook-up-mate. But she came back here. And so we lost our relationship. The end! But she’s really the hottest mate ever.” Nick giggled.

                This ert guy. “Stop saying that! How can you really have with different girls every night!” I said.

                “What! I haven’t even done that in a while. So tell me about your life.”         

                “Yuck! I’m a ! You !” I yelled again.

So after hours of driving endlessly. Bucket list #29: Road Trip All Day! Check! We passed by the beautiful mountain of Fuji! It was really cool. So, whenever we see some tourist’s attraction we stop and take a look and then take a picture and continue our road trip! We passed by Nagoya! We saw the Castle there, really cool! We went to Kyoto and see the colorful city! That was already late afternoon. It was really colorful there. Flowers everywhere! We went to the different temples and castles there. It was really cool! We also went to the famous Geisha District! And finally, it was evening! We reached Osaka, Japan. It’s a province. We tried to find some nice and safe spot for building our tent.

We found in the forest, a place to camp! It’s really a camping place. We build our tent there. I build the tent, Nick build the fire. It’s cool that Nick’s so prepared. He bought marshmallows and some Japanese bbq!

Really a nice aura in the camp! We have food camp, bonfire, tent and ourselves. I just love it. We chatted for hours and played a lot of games until I got tired. I went inside the tent and tried to sleep. Moments later, I got up and went out to see what Nick was up to. He was just staring blankly at the bonfire and was really quiet.

                “Hey!” I called.

                “I thought you were sleepy?” Nick asked.

                “Well, I can’t sleep! Maybe first time isn’t really comfortable. What are you doing here?” I asked

                “I won’t sleep. I’m guarding our things. And well… I’m guarding you.”

                I sat beside him closely and stared at him. He stared back at me and are faces were just inches away. We stayed silent for a while. Ugh. Nick’s eyes. I love his eyes, his nose, his lips. Needless to say, his lips were so red. It makes me wanna kiss him. I swallowed and stared at his eyes. We were eye to eye at that moment. Everything was still.

                “You have pretty good lips. I never saw you this close.” Nick broke out the silence.

                “Uh… well… you too.” I just replied. We were still inches away.

                “Maybe… I can try something with you?” Nick whispered and he tilted his head and leaned closely to me. He’s going to kiss me! Isn’t he? I was frozen at that moment.

                It was just one move away. Will he kiss me? It kept running to my mind. I don’t know what to do. And then some strange noise occurred. Maybe a rabbit or whatever animal crossed the forest and I got back to my senses. I pulled away. Blushing and embarrassed.

-------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry again for a loooooong wait! i was really busy last week that i havent got the chance to work on this. :((( College stuffs. and just to share, i'll have my classes next week already! so i bet, i wont be as active as before. i may fail to update quickly. but no worries guys, i will finish this fanfic no matter what! i just need you guys to wait and be patient. :) thank youuu! so tell me? were you excited about the kiss? hahaha! not for this chapter, but maybe soon. :) tune in guys! love you all, dear readers! xo